Arsenal v Chelsea (PL) Sat 26th Dec 2020 17:30 GMT

coco

Now I'm calmer.....

That was totally gutless, playing slowly across the back, even when a good counter attacking opportunity arises we stop, look and pass sideways or back.

Unless Frank sorts our apparent lack of desire and fighting spirit, along with slow ponderous build up play soon he will quite rightly begin to be under real pressure.

The money spent isnt all of it although you expect players who tore up the Bundesliga to at least be showing some progress not going backwards as they are.

The initial impact of Silva and Mendy has been nullified by general casual play by the negative midfield.

This is all much more polite and reasoned than when I was actually watching the game !

Lampards strength as a player was his goalscoring. A high % of shots from the edge of the box. He has as a manager decided to employ a tactic of do not shoot from outside the box. Instead he favours dilly dallying passing the ball to death letting the opposition get set defensively before having the full backs launch crosses into the box hoping Tammy will get onto it. When our attacks inevitably fail our Midfield is all on the edge of the box waiting for a ball so they can pass it out wide for yet another pointless cross. So we then are our of position for the counter. I never thought I'd say it but even Sarriball had some resemblance of a plan. Something that is lacking under Frank's management. He is beginning to show his lack of experience and we are subsequently being punished. 

I really hate saying this but I can’t wait for Lampard to go. I really wanted it to work, having a club legend back at the club and going on to do great things is something every fan wants, but it’s clear to see that he just isn’t good enough at the moment. Playing players out of position to cater to his favourites, no plan b, poor tactics and poor subs.

He’ll always be a club legend and one of my favourite players ever but to play the way we are playing with this squad of players is painful, we need a proper manager to come in and steer this squad to the trophies that it’s good enough to win.

9 minutes ago, chelseablueboy said:

Now I'm calmer.....

That was totally gutless, playing slowly across the back, even when a good counter attacking opportunity arises we stop, look and pass sideways or back.

Unless Frank sorts our apparent lack of desire and fighting spirit, along with slow ponderous build up play soon he will quite rightly begin to be under real pressure.

The money spent isnt all of it although you expect players who tore up the Bundesliga to at least be showing some progress not going backwards as they are.

The initial impact of Silva and Mendy has been nullified by general casual play by the negative midfield.

This is all much more polite and reasoned than when I was actually watching the game !

Don't  worry about the analysis. hash browns...supermarket or McCain's and how do you prefer your bacon?

1 hour ago, enigma said:

Abysmal performance all around, from coach to the players. No idea what the issue is at the moment, but even when we lost or drew this season we actually played pretty well and showed promise. Today it was just a dead performance. Only late in the 2nd half did they bother to actually start playing. 

Don't  worry about the analysis. hash browns...supermarket or McCain's and how do you prefer your bacon

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

This is a Deja vu thread off the West ham game, and my points are even more pressing now, we were sh*te against them, this is whiteness off the scale, and Poch will be off to PSG, who now in the chelsea revolving door of Managers???

Don't  worry about the analysis. hash browns...supermarket or McCain's and how do you prefer your bacon

6 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

I really hate saying this but I can’t wait for Lampard to go. I really wanted it to work, having a club legend back at the club and going on to do great things is something every fan wants, but it’s clear to see that he just isn’t good enough at the moment. Playing players out of position to cater to his favourites, no plan b, poor tactics and poor subs.

He’ll always be a club legend and one of my favourite players ever but to play the way we are playing with this squad of players is painful, we need a proper manager to come in and steer this squad to the trophies that it’s good enough to win.

I'd be curious to know who you would call a "proper" manager? We have had a fair sure over the years and many haven't worked out well. It would also likely be the end of any project to play a lot of the youth team prospects if previous managers are anything to go on.

Manager can and will inevitably change at one point or another but issues will remain. The team has become too nice, unable to win when the chips are down or they’re playing badly. Can’t grind out results. Even utd have this and they’ve been playing a lot worse than us this season but are above us because they’ve won so many games playing badly. 
we’ve spent a lot on fresh blood already but it’s clear the work is not finished and  more of the mediocrity needs to be moved on

1 minute ago, forbzy said:

I'd be curious to know who you would call a "proper" manager? We have had a fair sure over the years and many haven't worked out well. It would also likely be the end of any project to play a lot of the youth team prospects if previous managers are anything to go on.

Yeah proper manager might sound harsh, but by that I mean an experienced one. Lampard served a purpose last season (albeit with 12 losses) and got us into the CL. This season he has got, in my opinion, the best overall squad in the league. You mention previous managers and I do understand your point but managers like Jose, Carlo or Conte would be rubbing their hands with this squad and I would say we would be close to winning the league even this season. With Lampard I’m wondering whether we will even get top 4.

I massively hope I’m wrong but I can’t help but think any more time with Lampard is going to be wasted time, I’m confident that we have the squad to win the league (more than I could say in previous years) but unfortunately I don’t think Lampard is the man to win us those trophies.

Another problem with the Lampards Appointment is the lack of experience alongside him. He is surrounded by personnel with similarly little experience in coaching or management. If you take United and Ollie at least he has Mike Phelan's experience to hand to fall back on. If they were to show Frank the door who is the favoured replacement. Poch or will we be waiting for Mourinhos inevitable sacking early next season. 

12 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

Yeah proper manager might sound harsh, but by that I mean an experienced one. Lampard served a purpose last season (albeit with 12 losses) and got us into the CL. This season he has got, in my opinion, the best overall squad in the league. You mention previous managers and I do understand your point but managers like Jose, Carlo or Conte would be rubbing their hands with this squad and I would say we would be close to winning the league even this season. With Lampard I’m wondering whether we will even get top 4.

I massively hope I’m wrong but I can’t help but think any more time with Lampard is going to be wasted time, I’m confident that we have the squad to win the league (more than I could say in previous years) but unfortunately I don’t think Lampard is the man to win us those trophies.

I like your optimism but I don't agree that we have close to the best squad right now. We have a better squad than we did last year for sure. But nowhere near the likes of City, United, or Liverpool.

I’ve been a massive backer of Lampard but this is the first time I’ve fully doubted him. He is making bizarre decisions and you wonder whether Abramovich will try and recruit Nagelsmann in the summer. He would certainly know how to get the best out of Werner and Havertz 

8 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Yeah my face would normally do that to most people's devices...and I don't know how to get it not blurry. The picture  itself is fine but when I upload it it goes really small

Basically, what you are saying is...........better for us it stays blurry!!

:smile:

3 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

I’ve been a massive backer of Lampard but this is the first time I’ve fully doubted him. He is making bizarre decisions and you wonder whether Abramovich will try and recruit Nagelsmann in the summer. He would certainly know how to get the best out of Werner and Havertz 

If Lampard is still in charge at the end of the season and we haven't shown some signs of progress, I would say there is a good chance he will be replaced. I certainly don't think the board will give him much more time than that. They are not known for showing much patience when it comes to managers.