Chelsea v Aston Villa (PL) Mon 28th Dec 2020 17:30 GMT

31 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

We've got to use players in their best positions...Werner in the middle up front...CHO on one wing, Pulisic on the other...I think it's time Alonso comes in from the cold as Chilwell is clearly not fit and Emerson is dreadful...also maybe use Gilmour to man mark Grealish...

Gilmour to mark Grealish LOL LOL ūüėā¬†

20 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

We need more creativity, we're hardly missing Ziyech. 2 days and we have a game already, some rotation has to be done.

I'd go with this lineup:

--------------- Mendy --------------

Azpilicueta - Zouma - Rudiger - Emerson

--------- Kante ----- Mount -------

Hudson Odoi --------------- Pulisic

----------------- Havertz 

Abraham --------

In attack we go high with 4-2-2-2 with Havertz playing next to Tammy. In defense he returns back to 4-2-3-1. 

James and Chilwell are both supposed to be injured, I don't know if they will be able to play 2 games in 3 days. Same as a Thiago Silva.

Azpilicueta with his leadership has to start. Hudson Odoi and Pulisic to be our most creative players in the final third.

Play Havertz mostly in the final third, use him in the central only for defensive duty. 

Aston Villa looks more confident than us, strange to say but we might be underdog here. Losing here and we're dropping ourselves from the ladder.

COME ON CHELS!!!!

If we field Tammy one more time I honestly would rather we lose, anything that gets Lampard out ASAP at that point. Tammy wouldn't be starting for a lot of the PL sides yet we settle for this weird mediocrity of a player who essentially is like playing with -1 and also... Havertz isn't a defensive duty player... 

Edited by Keitha313
1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

We've got to use players in their best positions...Werner in the middle up front...CHO on one wing, Pulisic on the other...I think it's time Alonso comes in from the cold as Chilwell is clearly not fit and Emerson is dreadful...also maybe use Gilmour to man mark Grealish...

I don't think Marcos and Lampard are seeing eye to eye right now, I'd be surprised if we ever see Alonso play another game for us with Lampard in charge.

Mendy

Azpi rudiger zouma Emerson

Gilmour

Kante.               Kovacic

CHO.         GIROUD.      MOUNT

IT WILL BE SUICIDAL TO START PULISIC AFTER JUST 2 DAYS REST. 

1 hour ago, Keitha313 said:

I don't think Marcos and Lampard are seeing eye to eye right now, I'd be surprised if we ever see Alonso play another game for us with Lampard in charge.

Certainly not. He liked Chelsea’s Instagram post announcing full time 3-1 to Arsenal. Make of that what you will.

Mendy

Azpilicueta Rudiger Zouma Emerson

Kante Jorginho

CHO                              Mount

Havertz

Giroud

I changed my mind, go with the 4-2-3-1, protect the backline with both Kante and Jorginho since T.Silva will get some rest and that's it, play Kai in his normal position and Giroud up front they make a good duo there even for headers.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

Certainly not. He liked Chelsea’s Instagram post announcing full time 3-1 to Arsenal. Make of that what you will.

Hopefully it means his agent has been finalising his move to Arsenal for a stupid fee so we can offload another sh*te player to our football retirement home in the north. 

Just now, The Rising Sun said:

And for f**k sake don't tackle Grealish in the box !

You don’t need to tackle Grealish for him to fall over, he’s got that pesky persistent inner ear infection that puts him off balance!

Time to ‚Äúrest‚ÄĚ Reece with Dave capable of doing a much better job against Grealish.¬†
id imagine Rudi will come into the centre with Zouma as I would be surprised if Silva is ready to go again. 
It would be good to see Gilmore come in instead of jorghino with Kante and Mount. 
Pulusic and Cho are certain to start with one of 3 strikers. Villa have big strong centre backs so might be a game to put Werner up top. 

12 minutes ago, turnyitb said:

I know lol it baffles me some of the ideas people come up with

The hype around him is getting so overblown like he’s the next Xavi or Inesta after a couple matches. Some of the best DMs in the league couldn’t stop Grealish why would Gilmour be able to the mind boggles with these unrealistic suggestions 

3 hours ago, Brutos said:

I think we will bounce back and win comfortably I have the odd feeling of us doing what we do in losing to Arsenal but beating Villa and City watch us rip them apart. 

I feel we will.win this comfortably...

And Arsenal will go back to their losing ways...They were just pumped up against us and had a rare good day..

We may not so well vs city..

21 hours ago, axman2526 said:

He played today and we suffered regardless. 

Let's play Timo as a striker, Havertz as a number 10 and squad players in a 4-2-3-1 focused of letting Havertz and Werner play their best positions. Like my line up suggested. 

Bring in other bodies as you like for City but keep those 2 there.

Havertz has done nothing to deserve a start here let alone changing the formation for him.  

Villa are a very dangerous opponent, There’s either going to be a reaction and players rally round, or we’ll see a bleeding shambles again like the last 3 league matches (WHU got fortunate w late goals), lose this then City up next , Roman doesn’t tolerate that kind of form generally. 

Would like to see Werner up top, Pulisick on left, CHO other side, no Jorginho why not Billy to start w Kante +1 , can’t be any worse, Mendy Silva & the usual suspects at the back. Hope to see that much needed reaction and put Aston Grealish to the sword tomorrow!