Chelsea v Morecambe (FA) Sun 10th Jan 2021 13:30 GMT

I think as Chelsea fans we are compelled to find negatives whenever we can.

despite hardly putting in any effort all season, the lads look jaded, do we need an extra game ?

also  can we maintain such high standards against a team like Fulham ? Anyone can get up for Morecombe in the cup, it's the bread and butter games where we fall.

that's it for now come on Chelsea !

52 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

First time I have really noticed Ziyech for us and it appears to me if he can stay fit enough he might be a key player for the rest of the season.

Good to see Havertz and Werner score and Havertz scored a great headed goal. Hope he scores a few more like that in the league.

Nice to see Emerson, Rudi and Kepa get some time as we never know when the deeper squad will be needed.

Should have scored more yet 4-0 seems satisfactory.

Out of all people, it really is evident that Emerson has been doing a good job as a backup for Chilwell.

I cant read too much into that.  Morecambe are f**king woeful, and we won that in 1st gear strolling about.  A starting 11 of youth wins that, too.

It's nice for Timo and Kai to score, and CHO, but i dont see how an easy game where you barely break sweat, really does your confidence good.   A confidence booster is a tough game or at least a challenging game, showing courage, positive mentality, really digging in and winning, against a decent side.  That today was a training game.  Also, a few of todays 11 wont play v Fulham, so it's a strange one.   I still think we have to improve a lot, to beat fulham on Friday.  

It just wasnt a challenge. I think it was so easy we overdid it at times

Edited by RickUK

im not going to Criticise, i think we would have all taken a 4-0 win with goals for Havertz and Werner at the start of play.

There were signs that the confidence is starting to come back, but one thing that frustrated me was careless Basic passing which interrupts the flow of the move,

Morecombe did'nt particularly press so there's no need for it and it must frustrate Frank.

Solid performances from Billy and Callum and some nice creativity from Ziyech, Werner and Havertz should feel a bit happier tonight as both put in positive displays.

Onwards and Upwards and a good platform for the Fulham Game.

3 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

What about all your other posts? And please change your pick, the last couple of matches I thought it was a pic of undertaker until i clicked on it then i realised stone cold hands are making a shadow that makes it look like hair. 

Please change your pick - it appears to be of some sort of silly c**t... 

(I’m aware of the irony of this with what I’ve got going on but I couldn’t resist!)

3 hours ago, Brutos said:

Good win

Who’d have guessed it’d end 4-0 though? Nobody, that’s who!

Edited by Munkworth

Couldn't have gone better really. Goals for the blokes who needed it and a clean sheet. 

Ziyech dropping into pockets of space and popping passes over the backline was a welcome sight. We're going to need him to step up another level if we're to make the Top four.

Thought we looked average against a very junior side Werner looks completely out of form. Gilmour is too  lightweight right now but did show the energy required. Tomori looked good but also gave the ball away in a dangerous position. 

mount and havertz can’t both play unless one, it has to be mount sits a lot deeper. 

ziyech good, cho good, and the biggest positive for me was seeing havertz improve through out the game and show energy until about the 85th minute. 

we looked so ‘generic’ like a scratch team. Lampard has yet to produce solidity, identity. 

A decent result in the end and kudos to their keeper for some cracking saves. I thought Kepa had a good game as well. I'm glad Frank put out a team which respected the FA Cup. Ok we might have got through with a few more youth team/academy players but why chance it ?

The 4th Round draw is about 7pm on Monday ( UK time ) but I've heard earlier it's also going to include the 5th Round pairings for the first time ever. What on earth is that all about ?

Nice to be back on the winning trail albeit that the performance was relatively average given the opposition and our starting 11.  It still seems to be that we still lack any creativity in the middle of the park to even break down the weakest of oppositions; While it was good to see Havertz and Werner on the score sheet, Havertz showed some improvement, however Werner was again conspicuous by his absence and lack of overall contribution; we have seen this too many times high priced strikers of ours going into depressing slumps. The only good thing is that he is young and hopefully can turn it around in the next few months.  Let's see if Havertz can continue the progress he demonstrated today.    

I wasn't really interested in the scoreline more looking for some improvement in our build up play both in terms of creativity, forward passing and speed, instead of which it was mostly more of the same that we've seen over the last couple of months, slow build up for the most part, sideways, out to the wingers in the hopes that a cross would come in and someone would be on the end of it even though we had no-one in the box until Giroud / Abraham came on.  Fulham as bad as they may be will be offering a different proposition next week; it will be interesting to see how well we play or what formation Frank uses in the hopes to secure a win. 

4 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

I am a silly c**t and atleast it's actually a pic of me, I don't think many people on here can say that

the 1975 clown GIF by Interscope Records

You did say that you have some cool hats but I didn't know you would look like a private eye that is about to meet Humphrey Bogart 👀

15 hours ago, Dolfy52 said:

15 hours ago, Dolfy52 said:

Yea that will do, I’ll make that my new pic. 

15 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

What about all your other posts? And please change your pick, the last couple of matches I thought it was a pic of undertaker until i clicked on it then i realised stone cold hands are making a shadow that makes it look like hair. 

Without realizing you had changed the pic, I was staring at your avatar for a while trying to figure out how Malta was seeing the undertaker or a hand shadow. God damn😄

Nice little confidence booster, 3 players broke their long goal scoring drought, and Ziyech provided the extra dimension in attack we badly missed in the last few weeks. Even Kepa got a clean sheet to top it off 😀 Many tough games ahead, but hopefully players got some belief and confidence back from this game and carry on.