Chelsea v Morecambe (FA) Sun 10th Jan 2021 13:30 GMT

coco

In a normal situation you would play some youth and fringe players here, but we really need to boost some confidence back into our main team.

Lose this and then I can't see any real way back for this side under Lampard.

Yes, Lamps said no youngsters will be going on loan over January unless a very good deal. This means Bate, Lawrence, Liveremento, Mukyuemba, Gilmour, Webster, Fiabema, Soonsup-Bell, Brown, Sterling, Nunn, Anjorin, McEachran will all be around the squad or will be introduced into bubble.

We can make 5 substitutions in this game am I right? So maybe we will start strong but I expect the kids to come off the bench as there’s 5 of them involved. 

Edited by Dolfy52

15 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Sunday's Programme.

ErIPuxoWMAIb0DT?format=jpg&name=medium

could do with that grit and manager of those coming out of the tunnel in today's team....Tommy D, Harris R, Hollins J, Harris A, Tambling R, Cooke C...wouldn't see any pissing around and nancy foot tackles like we do today.

Edited by CFCCAN

After this game we're playing on Friday (Fulham away) and the following Tuesday (Leicester away).

This is a useful opportunity. We can give minutes to underutilised squad players and youth players, rest our knackered first XI, and perhaps try to play a couple of the lads who have been struggling recently into form.

My immediate thoughts are that Tomori, Gilmour, Hudson-Odoi and Anjorin must absolutely start. Inevitably we will probably be also starting Kepa, Emerson and Jorginho. If James is out for the foreseeable future (I'd really rather not risk any long-term damage to such a talented player) then Azpilicueta needs to rest, so I'd probably give a debut to Livramento.

------------------------------------------Kepa

Livramento----------------Tomori-------------Rüdiger--------------Emerson

----------------------------------------Jorginho

---------------------------Gilmour-----------------Havertz

--------Hudson-Odoi----------------------------------------------Anjorin

----------------------------------------Abraham

So no Kante, Christensen or James...and a few academy players likely to get some minutes according to this afternoon's presser...

Kepa

Dave Zouma Rudiger Emerson

Gilmour

Mount Havertz

Ziyech Werner Pulisic

Edited by doctorblue

I have read that Livramento and Lawrence can comfortably play either side fullback and midfield. So one at RB and the other at LB alongside Rudiger and Tomori sounds a good idea to me. 

Sounds like Bate, Anjorin and Bell could be featuring too.

The way they whole team have underperformed lately none of them deserve a rest. 

Play the team you intend to play for the next league match and gain so much needed confidence, if we fail to win then i dont know what to suggest.

29 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Do we know if this matched is going to be televised? I always struggle to get a good stream on the early stages of the FA cup if it's not televised 

Apparently on BBC Red Button,BBC iplayer and BBC sport website if that helps.

For the first time in what feels like forever (months feel like years during this pandemic) i'm really looking forward to a game. I want to see as many of the next generation on show as possible, maybe one will play so well they'll put themself in the frame for Fulham.

CHO, Havertz, Anjorin, Gilmour. I think these players could be the key for us turning this slump around. Would be nice to see other new faces as well but I feel we need this game to make players like Kai and CHO scoring and making good things. Gilmour could also have a big impact in this. Our disjointed midfield needs to be intact. 

It is also interesting to see where we are as a squad. If this game is very hard for us and our second string (I am guessing this is what we'll field) is struggling as well against a depleted low league side the problems are a lot deeper than just a bump in the road.