Fulham v Chelsea (PL) Sat 16th Jan 2021 17:30 GMT

5 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

What's the betting Parker plays a B-team against Spuds and goes all-out against us?

He will definitely want to get one over on us more than Spurs ....but who ever he plays we have no excuse they have a game midweek we don't

26 minutes ago, Brutos said:

He will definitely want to get one over on us more than Spurs ....but who ever he plays we have no excuse they have a game midweek we don't

100% agree, but I just think they are more likely to rollover tomorrow than Friday. Call it paranoia.

4 hours ago, Backbiter said:

What's the betting Parker plays a B-team against Spuds and goes all-out against us?

They have another game a few days later on the Wednesday. With a busy fixture list most clubs will have to rotate their squads. We are one of the teams that has no match this midweek so we need to use that to our advantage

James - Silva - Rudiger - Chilwell 

Jorgiho - Kante

Ziyech - Havertz - CHO

Abraham 

I know Frank will not field 4-2-3-1, but here's hoping. 

He will go:

James - Silva - Zouma - Chilwell 

Havertz - Kante - Mount 

Ziyech - Werner - Pukisic

17 hours ago, forbzy said:

They have another game a few days later on the Wednesday. With a busy fixture list most clubs will have to rotate their squads. We are one of the teams that has no match this midweek so we need to use that to our advantage

I'd have preferred they didn't play the match (vs Spurs) then they would have came into their match against us with a lot of their players having not played since Boxing Day (they heavily rotated Vs QPR).

In that scenario they'd have been heavily rusty and lacking match fitness.

4 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Was Kanté's suspension not fulfilled by the Morecambe game?

Accumulated yellow cards now only apply to the competition they’re collected in to stop players picking up tactical bans where the sit out a game they wouldn’t be playing in anyway.

Bored so am going FM mode with one of those line-up posts. 😄

Mendy - Picks himself.

James - If there is ANY doubt in his fitness, let Azpi start. No point in risking rushing Reece back against relegation fodder.
Zouma - Picks himself.
Silva - Picks himself.
Chilwell - Picks himself.

Kovacic - Originally had Kante here, but he's suspended, so Mateo comes in.
Mount - One of them nailed-on starters.
Havertz - He's been improving lately, let him continue gaining momentum.

Ziyech - Picks himself. This guy has an x-factor about him, f**king magician.
Pulisic - Spices up our attack, provides pace and sharpness with his dribbles.
Abraham - Fulham are gonna play deep with 3 CBs. Due to this I don't think this game fits Werner as a lone striker given our team's tendency to try to tackle congested areas with high crosses into the box. This one's for Tammy or Giroud - I'm going with Tammy starting and Giroud substituting if needed.

Edit: Well that's awkward, forgot Kante was suspended. Edited the line-up accordingly.

Edited by manpe

2 hours ago, Argo said:

I'd have preferred they didn't play the match (vs Spurs) then they would have came into their match against us with a lot of their players having not played since Boxing Day (they heavily rotated Vs QPR).

In that scenario they'd have been heavily rusty and lacking match fitness.

Fair point. It could go either way. Any idea which Fulham players had Covid when they were forced to postpone? Those players may still be unfit depending on how hard they were hit.

The draw against Spurs may give a lot of confidence to Fulham. We need a proper tactical preparation, we have enough time. They're playing 2 games in 4 days, their attacking players were already tired in the 80th minute. 

This is the lineup I'd like to see:

------------------- Mendy ------------------

Azpilicueta - Zouma -- Thiago Silva - Chilwell

------------ Kovacic ---- Mount -----------

Ziyech ------------ Havertz ------------ Hudson Odoi

------------------ Werner ---------------

I'm not very impressed with Werner, but he has scored in the last game and he needs more time as a striker. I think this should be a good test for him.

COME ON CHELS!