Fulham v Chelsea (PL) Sat 16th Jan 2021 17:30 GMT

14 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Accumulated yellow cards now only apply to the competition they’re collected in to stop players picking up tactical bans where the sit out a game they wouldn’t be playing in anyway.

Ah I thought he was suspended for the Morecambe game - didn't realise he had a hamstring tweak. Probably for the best that he sits this one out then.

I don’t think mount and havertz can play in the same midfield. Maybe against Fulham it will be ok but against better teams no way. RLC has started to look quite good for the cottagers but he likely be ineligible weakening them 

Fulham showed yesterday they are better than I thought and a lot better than Arsenal. Makes this and the next one, Leicester away, as very tricky opponents.

Would honestly not surprise me if we dont win either of them. The Chelsea that played Leeds and sides before that could comfortably beat Fulham and grind out a win at the foxes but the one we have seen of late, not so much.

Guess we will see if it is Dr. Jackyl Chelsea or Mr. Hyde Chelsea that shows up.

44 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Fulham showed yesterday they are better than I thought and a lot better than Arsenal. Makes this and the next one, Leicester away, as very tricky opponents.

Would honestly not surprise me if we dont win either of them. The Chelsea that played Leeds and sides before that could comfortably beat Fulham and grind out a win at the foxes but the one we have seen of late, not so much.

Guess we will see if it is Dr. Jackyl Chelsea or Mr. Hyde Chelsea that shows up.

Stop scaring me :mad:

Fulham have really improved in recent weeks. Not just last night but they also drew with Liverpool. In fact they haven't lost since their visit to City in early December. I think we should expect tough opposition, especially with local pride at stake. Our players need to be up for this.

Mendy 

Azpi Zouma Silva Chilwell (James not recovered enough)

Kova/Jorginho Gilmour

Ziyech/Cho Havertz Pulisic

Werner

I want to shield the back 4 and think Gilmour can do that better than Mount and that there is then plenty of attacking firepower

Glad Fulham got a point yesterday, last thing we want is to play a desperate team in trouble, and ready to put it all on the line against us.  A must win game for us, and need to play as many attacking players as possible. With Ziyech\Pullisic\CHO all available, either drop Werner or play him as the striker, can't do those 50-50 things and f* up the already fragile system.

2 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Glad Fulham got a point yesterday, last thing we want is to play a desperate team in trouble, and ready to put it all on the line against us.  A must win game for us, and need to play as many attacking players as possible. With Ziyech\Pullisic\CHO all available, either drop Werner or play him as the striker, can't do those 50-50 things and f* up the already fragile system.

I think Fulham have United at home after us. Hope they save their best performance for that one 😉

Fulham's recent results show they are a decent side with plenty of fight, on the other hand this Chelsea side couldn’t fight their way out of paper bag, and seem a very spineless bunch, if your watching gotta feeling it could be a disappointing Saturday night, I won’t put myself through it, will stick to a beer and watch Dads Army and the voice on TV, and see my mates on our wots app group get wound up as they watch match, not letting Chelsea ruin my Saturday night! UTC

52 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Fulham's recent results show they are a decent side with plenty of fight, on the other hand this Chelsea side couldn’t fight their way out of paper bag, and seem a very spineless bunch, if your watching gotta feeling it could be a disappointing Saturday night, I won’t put myself through it, will stick to a beer and watch Dads Army and the voice on TV, and see my mates on our wots app group get wound up as they watch match, not letting Chelsea ruin my Saturday night! UTC

Whom are you trying to fool, of course you'll watch the match :coffeespit:

Despite the fact that we have Leicester three days after this, I'd be inclined to go for the jugular and try to get a good run of form started:

-------------------------------------Mendy

Azpilicueta-------------Zouma--------------Silva-----------Chilwell

-------------------------------------Gilmour

--------------------------Havertz-------------Mount

----------Ziyech--------------------------------------Hudson-Odoi

------------------------------------Giroud

Loftus-Cheek is presumably ineligible for this? I've only ever seen exemptions granted for the CL and cup games as I recall.

Arguably biggest game of Frank's Managerial career, I can see him sacked if we lose to Fulham and to be fair Fulham appear in better form, more organized and seem to have more fight in them then us. They've drawn with Liverpool, Spurs and have beaten Leicester this season so therefore are certainly no pushovers from what I've seen of Fulham we can't play through them and need to make use of the wide areas. Reece and Ben will need to step up and if they perform well we should be able to get the win, I would not start Werner as he will get crowded out against 3 CB's and therefore I would start Giroud.

If things are not going well I would even consider getting Tammy and Giroud on the pitch together to bring parity against the 3 CB's, I would not be surprised if Frank switched things up and went with 2 strikers from the start or have Havertz behind the striker because 4-3-3 seems to have gone a little stale.

Looking at how the table is shaping up this week, this game makes me nervous. If we don't get three points from this, we are a mid table team that has no contact with the top. The top 4 will start moving far enough up from us we will need too many teams to tank for us to get there. Clutch game and to this point in the season, we have been very disappointing in clutch games.

I'm backing Frank whatever happens, but

I can see another painful evening in store for us I'm afraid, with more pressure on Lamps, I hope I'm wrong but nothing is giving me hope at the moment. Sorry to be so depressing, but that's how I feel. The best cure would be a victory of any sort, so,

come on you BLUES !

I watched bits of them and think they are working hard and if Lookman is up to it he can produce a moment of magic.

For me a little like Leeds with their work rate, yet if we play well we win.

Of course Frank might need to make subs and if we are throwing in crosses please make sure we have front men that can head the ball.