Fulham v Chelsea (PL) Sat 16th Jan 2021 17:30 GMT

Just now, loz said:

So you're saying Morara was just a white Paul Furlong?

I'm sayin Morata was complete dogsh*te when he played for us but Torres was also equally load of bollox when playing for us but there is people on here thinking Torres was quite good for us but was miss managed unless he had Benitez as a manager. Yes he scored that fantastic all important goal for us against Barca in 2012 and for that it equals out all of his howlers infront of goal. But the misses still happened and some of Werners misses this season reminds me of some of his.

You cant really compare Werner to Torres. Torres came and was pretty much awful since the start and until the end with some good games. He obviously had issues even in Liverpool and before joining us. 

Werner is a strange one for me. He actually looked pretty good here at first even when he wasnt scoring imo and ofc he scored goals as well, 8 I think before the slump. I think he was comfortably our best player until something like november and then something happened. Both him and Havertz are looking f-ed up and I can say the same for Pulisic. It's just unbelievable for me that we dont have at least one in form player. CHO is good compared to last season, but even he has the potential to be so much more. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Yeah but the point is, is that those one on one chances were not very common

They were most matches

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

When we first signed him and it took him like 12 weeks to get a goal, he didn't actually have one chance until that West Ham game and he took it

He got chances on his debut, against his former club, your memory I'm afraid is rather tainted

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Besides that I don't think Torres is the right comparison here, I think it's Morata. 

What I was trying to say here (before I realised the Fernando Torres fan club was here) was that Werner is missing chances in a manner that reminds me of Torres's misses.

Why does it exclusively HAVE to be Torres or Morata? They both were under firing flops for us o  the whole

Edited by Malta Blue
10 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

I'm sayin Morata was complete dogsh*te when he played for us but Torres was also equally load of bollox when playing for us but there is people on here thinking Torres was quite good for us but was miss managed unless he had Benitez as a manager. Yes he scored that fantastic all important goal for us against Barca in 2012 and for that it equals out all of his howlers infront of goal. But the misses still happened and some of Werners misses this season reminds me of some of his.

Truth is Torres was on the decline at Liverpool well before we signed him. He was an Abramovich signing.

12 minutes ago, mm24 said:

You cant really compare Werner to Torres. Torres came and was pretty much awful since the start and until the end with some good games. He obviously had issues even in Liverpool and before joining us. 

Werner is a strange one for me. He actually looked pretty good here at first even when he wasnt scoring imo and ofc he scored goals as well, 8 I think before the slump. I think he was comfortably our best player until something like november and then something happened. Both him and Havertz are looking f-ed up and I can say the same for Pulisic. It's just unbelievable for me that we dont have at least one in form player. CHO is good compared to last season, but even he has the potential to be so much more. 

But there are some people on here saying I can't compare the two for the opposite reasons as you just said. I'm saying Torres was sh*t for us and some of his misses reminds me of some of Torres' misses. I'm truly hoping Werner rediscoveres his early form and I believe he has it in him

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I watched us closely tonight, something weird on that left wing, the ball was out there countless times, and we just seemed to play little triangle between Kova, Chilly and Pulisic, not sure what they are being coached 

Our coaching and tactics seem to be all over the place at the moment; looked really scrappy today and disorganized for most of the game. 

Just now, Malta Blue said:

But there are some people on here saying I can't compare the two for the opposite reasons as you just said. I'm saying Torres was sh*t for us and some of his misses reminds me of some of Torres' misses. I'm truly hoping Werner rediscoveres his early form and I believe he has it in him

Yeah, they both had some horrible misses,but for me Werner situation is more similar to that of Morata. They both started good and then suddenly became very bad around the same time of the season. We'll see if he manages to turn it around. 

It doesnt look good for him. I think he's frustrated that he's practically playing second fiddle to Abraham and Giroud all season. First he was moved to the left when there injuries, then he was moved to the left to accomodate Abraham or Giroud now he even comes in after Abraham when we're chasing a goal. Strange stuff from Frank I must say. I think, in order succeed, he must get both Werner and Havertz in some sort of form. Far too much money was spent on them to just leave them on the bench for 75mins in games like these. 

13 minutes ago, loz said:

Truth is Torres was on the decline at Liverpool well before we signed him. He was an Abramovich signing.

Mismanaged totally by Liverpool, had a really bad injury, rushed back, never totally recovered, lost a good yd of pace, before that his numbers stack with any recent liverpool player, joint  fastest to 50 liverpool PL Goals

3 points is obviously important, but thought we were not that great, again. We created more chances than lately, and had plenty of shots, but it's still not really clicking. It's all very slow, and our defensive shape was appalling yet again. It makes no difference which midfielders he picks, every game they leave acres of space behind them, presumably because they are told to all go forward and not have anyone actually cover the space. We must be one of the easiest sides to counter attack against.

I just wish we'd of had Anelka from a really young age, He was truly prolific, and an excellent silky finisher, best i have seen at chelsea since say JFH, just saying since we are bemoaning some our sh*ttier Strikers..

Of course theirs Didier, but he wasn't the most prolific

Edited by Ballack & Blu

1 hour ago, Malta Blue said:

I'm sayin Morata was complete dogsh*te when he played for us but Torres was also equally load of bollox when playing for us but there is people on here thinking Torres was quite good for us 

I never said Torres was "quite good", if you're going to quote me either do it accurately or stop wasting my (and everyone else's) time.

6 hours ago, Argo said:

I never said Torres was "quite good", if you're going to quote me either do it accurately or stop wasting my (and everyone else's) time.

The "quite good" bit was a dig at slojo saying he was good for us when he played under rafa therefore he was mismanaged before.if you're going to quote me quoting you and tell me to get it right atleast have the decency to get it right yourself and then we can stop wasting each others time and get on with wasting other people's time.

Thumbs GIF by Sesame Street

Edited by Malta Blue
Wanted to add a cheery gif as an afterthought

Frank needed the win, in the end that is the most important thing. 

A lot of understandable unhappiness on here from the game. One positive I noticed though was how much better Kovacic was as part of a midfield 2.

He seemed to get extra drive from having the responsibility and I noticed him in more offensive and defensive areas doing a better job.

Mason put in a shift. Unlucky to hit the bar, deserved his goal.

52 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Frank needed the win, in the end that is the most important thing. 

A lot of understandable unhappiness on here from the game. One positive I noticed though was how much better Kovacic was as part of a midfield 2.

He seemed to get extra drive from having the responsibility and I noticed him in more offensive and defensive areas doing a better job.

Mason put in a shift. Unlucky to hit the bar, deserved his goal.

It's funny how people see the game differently Axeman,although i fully respect your opinion i thought Kovacic was poor, and has been all season, a shadow of the player we saw last term. He frustrates me as he gets in some threatening positions but often his end product lets him down.

I'd like to see Mason and Billy given a chance as the pivotal midfield, not much height agreed but both reasonably quick on the ball and plenty of energy. 

Our build up play is far to ponderous of late, we need to move it quicker with less passing in my opinion

8 hours ago, Osgoodwasgood said:

It's funny how people see the game differently Axeman,although i fully respect your opinion i thought Kovacic was poor, and has been all season, a shadow of the player we saw last term. He frustrates me as he gets in some threatening positions but often his end product lets him down.

I'd like to see Mason and Billy given a chance as the pivotal midfield, not much height agreed but both reasonably quick on the ball and plenty of energy. 

Our build up play is far to ponderous of late, we need to move it quicker with less passing in my opinion

He was rubbish before Jorginho was subbed Ossie, and has been most of the season I agree. I just thought he played pretty darn good after Tammy came on. 

18 hours ago, loz said:

He was actually an Ancelotti signing, they asked Ancelotti who he wanted and he said Torres. 

19 hours ago, just said:

I'll get over it. Because I think you're dead wrong and are re-writing history.

I had promised myself not to argue with you anymore Slojo. It's a total waste of time. You change direction like the wind and always, absolutely always, have to have the last word.

Bit like the wife.

Getting a bit emotional are we? I'm sure she wears the pants.

Good victory and clean sheet.  That said, it has all been said above, but far from impressed by the performance.  Fulham are much improved, and that showed.  Without the red card I'm not sure we win that one, and even against 10 men we created very little.  Same issues week after week for me.

22 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

I'm not sure what dick pit this compilation together but this is just a small amount of the sh*t I remember from Torres...

That game where he got kicked in the nose, he was an absolute monster. One of the best games I’ve seen by him, so typical he’d miss the penalty, sums his luck up really.

On 16/01/2021 at 23:01, mm24 said:

Germany got pumped by Spain. He’s been awful ever since. It might be a coincidence but I wonder if that actually affected him.