Leicester v Chelsea (PL) Tues 19th Jan 2021 20:15 GMT

To everyone born after the turn of the century on here having a good moan about league position. I well remember a time this was about right for us. Trust me it'll get better.

Last time all it took was for the owner to flog us for the price of half a dozen McDonald's chicken nuggets.

Go buy yourselves a happy meal and all will be ok

Hugely disappointed tonight. We just don't seem to have will or want to break the lines when we have possession (and we have a lot). 

It's obviously in the coaching, but the players FFS have to have the awareness and bravery at some stage to say let's take a gamble and do something different.

Too predictable, too easy for Leicester and plenty before.

I still believe in Frank, Jody and this group of players, but if we don't change something soon I fear for Frank.

KTBFFH

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Good job I play Football Manager on PC then... :Dziekuje:

None of them have his glorious facial hair unfortunately.  

I reckon a dead Alex Sandro could do better than some of our defenders. 

I figured as much...

Just now, wizardous said:

Totally agree. This is surely our biggest problem.

It's been three and a half seasons and we still didn't manage to find a replacement for Matic...

The strange thing is, it actually started when Matic was here. This is why the Fabregas and Matic partnership was broken up. It only improved when Kante joined and we switched to 3 cb's. That didn't last long though and the problems have appeared all over again. Midfield has been one of our biggest problems (maybe the biggest problem) for years now. All of our midfielders seem to shine in some areas, but not a single one of them seem be good enough off the ball.

After this, I cannot really see any way back for Lampard. The team just has absolutely no chemistry or cohesion. Whether Lampard lasts until the end of the season will probably depend on the availability of a replacement. Of course I hope he doesn’t get sacked and we go on a massive winning spree and the last few months will be forgotten. It could still happen, I suppose.

- We do not know how to press as a team, we didn't steal or won any ball in Leicester's area and we lost almost every physical battle.

- We do not know how to defend as a team, the distance between our lines are too big and we're too open. Every pass will beat our line with just one player.

- We have no confidence, we don't play football and we can't do nothing right now. We already lost the game with our body language, we can blame Lampard but also the players who got no heart in the game.

We are going to have a tight battle for the top 4, I can't even say we're favorites to get our spot there. 

Cheer up chaps, we lost a game, played sh*t, spent a fortune, typical Chelses.

personally, I think we should look to our Academy again, play youngsters who would play with desire and passion, and who have been itching to get a chance, and are Chelsea thru and thru.

Frank and Jodie need to get down to Cobham asap !

Win or lose, up the Blues !

Edited by The Rising Sun
Correction

Our football  been so lack lustre and unexciting since the Arsenal game that I don't even shout at the tele any more..

They've sucked out my enthusiasm with this dross. I'm struggling not to blame the coaching now, it now feels worse than the dark times of Sarri ball. I do worry Frank is slowly losing the players, you can't keep playing players out of position or rotating for no reason without discontentment creeping in.

1 minute ago, IliyaKrostin said:

- We do not know how to press as a team, we didn't steal or won any ball in Leicester's area and we lost almost every physical battle.

- We do not know how to defend as a team, the distance between our lines are too big and we're too open. Every pass will beat our line with just one player.

- We have no confidence, we don't play football and we can't do nothing right now. We already lost the game with our body language, we can blame Lampard but also the players who got no heart in the game.

We are going to have a tight battle for the top 4, I can't even say we're favorites to get our spot there. 

We can't battle for top 4. Deal with it

23 minutes ago, Andy North said:

He's learning on the job. He's intelligent enough, he just needs to learn how to get the best out of the players. 

At what cost?! We are very likely to miss out on the champions league. I’m sorry but this job he’s in is not a learn on the job type position. He did great for us last season. We will forever be grateful. But we need to move on if we truly want to compete. 

2 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

You mean this season?

Yeah very been inconsistent. I think defenders have sussed out to nullify him. He’s slow and lightweight. We should sell him in the summer while his value is still high. I’d be happy to take 35m for him. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

The strange thing is, it actually started when Matic was here. This is why the Fabregas and Matic partnership was broken up. It only improved when Kante joined and we switched to 3 cb's. That didn't last long though and the problems have appeared all over again. Midfield has been one of our biggest problems (maybe the biggest problem) for years now. All of our midfielders seem to shine in some areas, but not a single one of them seem be good enough off the ball.

Yes it has started in that 15/16 season and Mikel was often there with Matic to provide the cover behind Cesc.

Maybe switching to 3 at the back again would help in this situation.

Leicester scored 2 goals that we handled poorly. Just cheap, cheap goals. The midfield as I have said before is too lightweight. No muscle and we do not know how to deal with the counter attack. With or without Kante. Second half Havertz actually looked good, made nice passes and done some good runs on and off the ball.

Kovacic for me was our only decent player throughout the match. He was constantly running with the ball and trying to make things happen and rarely lost possession. But Leicester read us like a book. They new we would have a lot of the ball and how it is easy to counter us. Did exactly that. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Agreed. Matic had physicality, he was strong but he definitely wasn't a natural athlete. He didn't cover lots of ground and he wasn't quick either. 

No coach can account for the two poor goals we gave away tonight, you get away with that at youth team level but not at the top

There is no I in team, this is a team of individuals that don't yet have any identity and severely lacking Captains who are prepared to yell at their teammates when mistakes are made or need direction

We are lacking a nasty streak, this team is still playing at academy level were the dark arts aren't practised a la Vardy when he stood on Tiago's heal

Some of our players aren't busting a gut to put their bodies on the line and in the way of shots etc

We are lacking physique in midfield and a true centre forward add these and me might just be able to knit it all together