Chelsea v Luton (FA) Sun 24th Jan 2021 12:00 GMT

I thought we played MUCH better today. We moved the ball forward much quicker and even played some through balls (mainly from Ziyech).

Unfortunately the Kepa howler has given Luton some confidence but so far I am happy with what we saw so far. Much better than against Morecambe despite Luton being a Championship side.

Only player I am really a bit disappointed in so far (apart from Kepa) is Pulisic who seems to be a shadow of who he was last season. Not sure what is wrong with him.

Edited by reparto corse
2 minutes ago, Stim said:

It's revisionist bias to suddenly think he was always playing this poorly. He was fine. Not out of this world but not need a replacement NOW level.

I agree he wasn’t that bad or we must replace him now levels but a large part of that was because he was cut so much more slack because it was his first year here.

Just now, dansubrosa said:

Much better today, we are trying something different than constant crossing.

Its really good to see we are trying new things now, especially after Morecambe a league 2 team, all we did was cross.

Another 2 or 3 goals would be nice! Take Pulisic or Ziyech off for Hudson Odoi please Frank.

Frank has come in for stick again for not trying things, now he's trying things and people just see the same old thing, he cant win.

6 minutes ago, Stim said:

It's revisionist bias to suddenly think he was always playing this poorly. He was fine. Not out of this world but not need a replacement NOW level.

Agree. Kepa was ok under Sarri. He wasn't great and never as good as the 70m price tag would suggest but he was never really bad either. It's sad he has completely lost the plot last season. 

8 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I’ve got some sticky toffee pudding chocolate hobnobs in the cupboard...

Forget the toffee, break out the choccy hobnobs I once polished off a pack and half of them. Never got to actually drink any of the tea I had them with but the cup went into the kitchen empty (apart from a few oaty crumbs)

We took the control of the game and we did very good until we conceded and suddenly we started to play like we usually play.

I think Werner is having a good game, he deserves a goal here. Gilmour and Mount are showing some good things but overall we're lacking some defending ability, it wouldn't work against PL opponent.

Abraham took well his chances which is important, James and Emerson are creating a lot of chances which is great to see, in the past few games our RB's/LB's haven't been involved in the game.

Game is not over yet, Luton can make a comeback here, we should score 2 more goals and finish the game to avoid any problems.

Just now, Malta Blue said:

Forget the toffee, break out the choccy hobnobs I once polished off a pack and half of them. Never got to actually drink any of the tea I had them with but the cup went into the kitchen empty (apart from a few oaty crumbs)

Are you Uncle Bulgaria in disguise?

Started well but failure to go 3 up could cost us.

Since Luton have scored naturally their confidence is up and ours looks down.

Really think we should accept whatever financial loss on Kepa, the more we play him the lower his confidence and the world will see just why we want to sell him.

Need a 3rd goal soon after half-time or it could be a very nervy 2nd half which could have a big bearing on Frank’s future if we get knocked out by Luton today.

Let’s hope we start the 2nd half like we did the 1st.

Looked dominant first 20 minutes, better performance than recently, thought after Tammy's second it was just going to be a matter of how many goals going to win by at that point, then Kepa with another poor mistake let's Luton back in and boosts their confidence, and instead it's us looking disjointed and on the back foot a bit more again.

Hope we get a strong start to the second half, need a goal or two to put the game to bed early, otherwise could get more tense, don't want to let Luton think they have a chance long.