Chelsea v Luton (FA) Sun 24th Jan 2021 12:00 GMT

4 minutes ago, reparto corse said:

Looking at that Luton goal again Zouma was also in a very odd position. He blocked Kepa's line of sight and was nowhere near the attack for some reason. That being said, Kepa still should have saved that. 

It was Zoumas  fault as much a Kepas.. How can you stand still in the penalty box and just let an attacker wander in and ignore him..  He has no awareness at all.. 

Quite pleased with what we've seen so far. This system (at least as it is now) couldn't realistically be used against any serious opponent, but I do think a midfield two suits all of our current centre mids (bar Jorginho who I am not interested in playing anyway). It also leaves room for Havertz to play behind the striker, and allows us to be more tactically flexible (three at the back, two up front, etc.)

Very impressed with Gilmour, and particularly Werner, who is thriving playing off a proper centre forward.

Hopefully Zouma's knock isn't anything serious - with Tomori out on loan and Silva unable to regularly play more than once a week, an extended absence from Zouma would inevitably mean starting Christensen more often than I am comfortable with (i.e. at all).

P.S. Oh dear Kepa... if he were a horse he would be holding together a matchstick model by now.

Werner looks great in the centre of the park and we are getting enough space to run at the opposition. That said we are still getting struck going forward with say Pulisic and Emerson getting in each other’s way. Gilmour could be doing a bit more when he’s on the bal and also needs to break up their play a bit. 

Just now, ozboy said:

Werner looks great in the centre of the park and we are getting enough space to run at the opposition. That said we are still getting struck going forward with say Pulisic and Emerson getting in each other’s way. Gilmour could be doing a bit more when he’s on the bal and also needs to break up their play a bit. 

I think Gilmour has done plenty, not sure how you’d expect more from him 

14 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I don’t understand why Jimmy & Danny are saying the goal shouldn’t have stood. Gabby already said the rule is does it interfere with the play and the only two Luton plays who were aware of it were at the other end of the park and not involved in the move that resulted in the goal?

Danny having a beachball flashback...