Chelsea v Wolves (PL) Wed 27th Jan 2021 18:00 GMT

54 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

p6tfonvhxm5vnqlkigm7.png

Football critic almost has the same lineup as me.

For some reason though they put Werner on the wing and Pulisic on the right wing so whoever they are paying, we on this forum can do a better job so they should donate or something...

Gol, in future, when you post up your funky formation graphics, could you please leave a bit more space around Jorginho? I can then draw in the opposition players and their team bus going past him.

1 minute ago, just said:

Gol, in future, when you post up your funky formation graphics, could you please leave a bit more space around Jorginho? I can then draw in the opposition players and their team bus going past him.

For all the passing by they have done, we didn't suffer from it nearly as much as we have this season when he wasn't playing.

3 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Apparently, it's me.  Letter of confirmation arrived today, along with a pair of comfortable jogging trousers, a clipboard and a megastore-sourced snood.

Yorkley, are you gonna get a hair weave and put some Dulux brilliant White gloss on your teeth ala Klopp?

"Yorkieball" a new style of football. I can see Roman going for that.

24 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

For all the passing by they have done, we didn't suffer from it nearly as much as we have this season when he wasn't playing.

Gol, I'm sure you only bang on about him because of his name. Jorginho. I mean it sounds right dunnit? Like he is a Brazilian superstar. Spotted at the age of 5 doing a 1,000 keepy uppies on Copacabana beach.

If he was little, skinny Dennis Threntwhistle from Bognor Regis I'm certain you wouldn't be making this much fuss.

Edited by just
3 minutes ago, just said:

Gol, I'm sure you only bang on about him because of his name. Jorginho. I mean it sounds right dunnit? Like he is a Brazilian superstar. Spotted at the age of 5 doing a 1,000 keepy uppies on Copacabana beach.

If he was little, skinny Dennis Threntwhistle from Bognor Regis I'm certain you wouldn't be making this much fuss.

Just now, just said:

Gol, I'm sure you only bang on about him because of his name. Jorginho. I mean it sounds right dunnit? Like he is a Brazilian superstar. Spotted at the age of 5 doing on 1,000 keepy uppies on Copacabana beach.

If you really want to know I personally think that Brazilian players benefit just from being from Brazil because of the reputation. The bias in football has been very strong in the past 20-30 years when it comes down to that stuff, if someone is from Brazil or Argentina he will get a chance in Europe much easier than someone from Mexico, Colombia and so on and I think that's unfair.

I just think that a whole lot of fans have been unfair towards Jorginho from a player-perspective and I always try to present the other side of that coin. I said stuff like for example that Gilmour can learn from Jorginho and become a great player so it's not my bias towards Brazilians I see that the game can be much more than just a physical presence of a player.

When it comes to names I personally think that Kai Havertz is a very cool name so I might be biased in that direction more. I also think that players with a double last name is a cool thing, e.g. Hudson-Odoi or Loftus-Cheek. In the recent months I have tried to make a player called Bamba a possible future transfer target. Bamba sounds exotic to me but he looks like a good winger anyway.

3 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Listen, sonny, assistants can make as many suggestions as they like.  We are going traditional, 2-3-5, proper wingers, inside forwards, a big lump of a centre-forward, and animal at centre-half and some nasty bastards at left and right back.                                                                                   

Here I was thinking you were the man to bring back the old classic WM!

On paper you would anticipate a new manager bounce. Added to the fact that Wolves have been struggling for form themselves this looks like a a decent chance of a win. The unknown factor will be  whether there truly is dissention among some of the players. If any of that is true a change of manager may not pay immediate dividends until the troublemakers are identified and reprimanded.

I honestly don't know what to expect in regards of lineup. Tuchel won't have seen enough of the players in training yet, so he may go with players that he is more familiar with.

5 minutes ago, DukesOfHazard said:

Are you feeling ok?

Pretty sure that was a joke. If Kepa is anyway near a start in this game then Tuchel is clearly not planning to stay long. I won't be surprised to see Rudiger, Jorginho, Havertz, Werner, and Pulisic though. Tuchel was keen to sign the first 2, and knows the other 3 from his time in Germany.

5 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Listen, sonny, assistants can make as many suggestions as they like.  We are going traditional, 2-3-5, proper wingers, inside forwards, a big lump of a centre-forward, and animal at centre-half and some nasty bastards at left and right back.

Mendy

Bastardella                                                                                                            Bastardiccio

Pete Useful                                                    Shuggy McThug                                                       Simon Longthrow

Speedy Gonzales       Tricky Asf**k                    Big Dave Dim            Pouncy Lurkinho                           Jesper Wingwizardensen

Thank goodness, no Kepa in goal !😀

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and guess at a 4222 formation. I can imagine he will look at Ziyech and see similarities between him and DiMaria.

Pulisic and CHO can play on the left similar to Neymar. The double pivot is the only choice that makes me second guess myself because I'm not sure who he plays here. Let's go any combination of Mount, Kovacic and Jorginho, assuming Kante is still not fit. Billy will probably get some time off the bench.

I expect the standard backline that Frank used James, Silva, Zouma and Chilwell. Upfront Werner and Giroud/Tammy. 433/4321 will be the most likely formation as the squad is most accustomed to this but I feel like Thomas might be looking to put his imprint on the team straight the way and bring that air of unpredictability to the team.

Edited by LongtimerLurker
Spelling mistake

One less the reputable media source is claiming our first game under our new manager will see us go to a back 3:

Zouma

Silva

Rudiger

James

Kovacic (to be replaced by Kante later)

Jorginho

Chilwell

Havertz

Werner

Pulisic

No mention of who he wants as his main keeper though.

Edited by axman2526