Chelsea v Wolves (PL) Wed 27th Jan 2021 18:00 GMT

3 minutes ago, mm24 said:

Considering our results prior to this game ,our form in general and considering our new manager came in yesterday I think that it's just good we didn't lose.You seem to forget that we as well are a team on a very,very poor run of form.

Agreed it wasn't the worst result obviously. Having said that, before Lampard was sacked on Monday, I was genuinely confident that we would pick up a win tonight. Perhaps it was misguided optimism but I think players like Gimour and Mount would have brought enough energy to make a difference.

5 minutes ago, coco said:

One thing is clear, Tuchel maybe a tactician extraordinaire, he might go on and win us some major silverware, but dont tell me he did his homework on our players in the last 48 hours.

One afternoon on hear from his travel lodge room and he would of learned everything he wanted about our players.

Or he could've read a few posts from Gol15 and that would've explained why Jorginho played the full 90. 

6 minutes ago, coco said:

One thing is clear, Tuchel maybe a tactician extraordinaire, he might go on and win us some major silverware, but dont tell me he did his homework on our players in the last 48 hours.

One afternoon on hear from his travel lodge room and he would of learned everything he wanted about our players.

He clearly failed to consult Yorkly before the game. Major faux pas right there.

You can play all the different formations you like. If you don’t move you will play to feet, you won’t achieve 2 v1 3v2 situations. Watch City play and see how much movement there is off the ball. A through ball is only good if someone makes the run to receive it. We are easy to mark because there is no interchange of positions

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

Or he could've read a few posts from Gol15 and that would've explained why Jorginho played the full 90. 

He could have just called Lampard/Sarri/Italy's national team but obviously he got it from me...

23 minutes ago, coco said:

In football the form stat is always last 6 games. I could go back to start of the season, it still looks bad.

Fair enough , it’s a mediocre performance but still an improvement on the one we gave against the same side just over a month ago , but I guess that wouldn’t fit the negative narrative.

6 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Agreed it wasn't the worst result obviously. Having said that, before Lampard was sacked on Monday, I was genuinely confident that we would pick up a win tonight. Perhaps it was misguided optimism but I think players like Gimour and Mount would have brought enough energy to make a difference.

Perhaps they would.Who knows what would've happened if they started.Mount for example started majority of league games in the last 2 months prior to this one and we still f-ep most fo those.A lot has happened in just 3 days since our game against Luton.To think,at this time 3 days ago Lampard was still the manager .So considering all that we did well today.Obviously a win would've been better but it is what it is.I will be more concerned if don't manage to beat Burnley on Sunday.

1 minute ago, mm24 said:

Perhaps they would.Who knows what would've happened if they started.Mount for example started majority of league games in the last 2 months prior to this one and we still f-ep most fo those.A lot has happened in just 3 days since our game against Luton.To think,at this time 3 days ago Lampard was still the manager .So considering all that we did well today.Obviously a win would've been better but it is what it is.I will be more concerned if don't manage to beat Burnley on Sunday.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see what changes he makes for the Burnley game.

4 minutes ago, Dubair said:

Fair enough , it’s a mediocre performance but still an improvement on the one we gave against the same side just over a month ago , but I guess that wouldn’t fit the negative narrative.

Your right we should be positive, what a performance that was, sublime, can't wait for another 90 of that,

Just now, forbzy said:

Agreed. It will be interesting to see what changes he makes for the Burnley game.

Is Kante back fit? Or still out?

I think it'll be more tactical than personnel. I'd expect Tuchel to start to implement some clearer instructions for the movement he expects from the likes of Havertz and Ziyech in and around the box. You started to see it a bit tonight with the Chilwell shot and a couple of other moments when you'd have Ziyech and Havertz go outside and the wingbacks come inside for a bit of interplay. That was the best we looked.

If we persist with 3 it wouldnt surprise me if we see Alonso at some stage too.

Just now, mm24 said:

If tonight was "did well", then God help us.

Sorry but Wolves are a bang average side who recently lost to West Brom and hadn't kept a clean sheet in the PL since October.

Burnely will be a tougher test than Wolves. They are in much better form than Wolves and have just beaten Liverpool and Villa. TT will need to do his homework to win that one.

16 minutes ago, mm24 said:

If you can honestly point at this game and say we played worse than against Fulham,Leicester,Villa,Arsenal etc. then I can't help you.We ofc didn't have the best of games,but we actually tried to play a bit through the middle and in between the lines with some through balls.It didn't work most of the times ,but at least we tried to do it unlike in the last two months.

We had one semi decent shot saved by the keeper that any keeper would be expected to save and one good attempt by Kovacic that went just wide. Other than that, we were sh*te, we spent most of the game passing it around midfield. Wolves had the best chance of the game when they hit the bar, and they had another great chance later in the game that they would most likely have scored from if the Wolves player didn't mess up his first touch............and they managed that without having any of the ball for pretty much the whole game. I mean come on, that doesn't really say much about our performance.

When teams play that defensive, you don't take an age to attack their penalty area, you attack quickly, force their defenders to move around a lot and create gaps that we can play through. Our slow build up play just allowed them to keep their defensive shape without any effort. The only time we got through their defense was when Mount played that dummy late on, that is something that should have been happening all game, but no, we were too busy passing it around the middle for 5 minutes and then playing it out wide for another hopeless cross or 5 yard pass backwards.

It was sh*te and every neutral watching that will say the same.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

We had one semi decent shot saved by the keeper that any keeper would be expected to save and one good attempt by Kovacic that went just wide. Other than that, we were sh*te, we spent most of the game passing it around midfield. Wolves had the best chance of the game when they hit the bar, and they had another great chance later in the game that they would most likely have scored from if the Wolves player didn't mess up his first touch............and they managed that without having any of the ball for pretty much the whole game. I mean come on, that doesn't really say much about our performance.

When teams play that defensive, you don't take an age to attack their penalty area, you attack quickly, force their defenders to move around a lot and create gaps that we can play through. Our slow build up play just allowed them to keep their defensive shape without any effort. The only time we got through their defense was when Mount played that dummy late on, that is something that should have been happening all game, but no, we were too busy passing it around the middle for 5 minutes and then playing it out wide for another hopeless cross or 5 yard pass backwards.

It was sh*te and every neutral watching that will say the same.

And how exactly did you expect us to do all that when the new manager has been around since yesterday lol What you've been watching tonight is 99% Lampard mate.Sorry ,but it's the truth.

Edited by mm24

2 minutes ago, Nibs said:

If tonight was "did well", then God help us.

Sorry but Wolves are a bang average side who recently lost to West Brom and hadn't kept a clean sheet in the PL since October.

Burnely will be a tougher test than Wolves. They are in much better form than Wolves and have just beaten Liverpool and Villa. TT will need to do his homework to win that one.

Arsenal also couldn't win a game and then they stuffed us after 45 minutes of play, it really doesn't matter if they couldn't keep a clean sheet, we couldn't do it either we kept one against Fulham, how important is that?

Adding that we lost to this same Wolves the last time we played them and they still don't have their best attacker...

21 minutes ago, Richard P said:

You can play all the different formations you like. If you don’t move you will play to feet, you won’t achieve 2 v1 3v2 situations. Watch City play and see how much movement there is off the ball. A through ball is only good if someone makes the run to receive it. We are easy to mark because there is no interchange of positions

All basic stuff that experienced players shouldn't need a manger to tell them, literally learned it when you was a kid, keep moving keep moving.

7 minutes ago, coco said:

Your right we should be positive, what a performance that was, sublime, can't wait for another 90 of that,

If only I said that. I said it was a mediocre performance , however I believe there’s some positives to take from it as it was a better performance than our last 3 PL games.

Just now, Dubair said:

If only I said that. I said it was a mediocre performance , however I believe there’s some positives to take from it as it was a better performance than our last 3 PL games.

Dont leave out the bit where you said i was putting a negative on it, hence my positivity reply, 

I didn't see this much negativity after getting spanked by Arsenal reserves in what was a far worst performance than this. All the people being negative were singing a different tune after that match.

No amount of crying moaning getting triggered is going to unsack Lampard so suck it up and move on.

Edited by Brutos
Just now, Brutos said:

I didn't see this much negativity after getting spanked by Arsenal reserved in what was a far worst performance than this. All the people being negative were singing a different tune after that match.

No amount of crying moaning getting triggered is going to unsack Lampard so sick  it up and move on.

f**k me pot/kettle, negative Nancy

8 minutes ago, coco said:

All basic stuff that experienced players shouldn't need a manger to tell them, literally learned it when you was a kid, keep moving keep moving.

I think you and @Richard P have misunderstood the role of the regista coco. He stands and points and makes everyone else run and then passes it to the person closest to him and then they pass it back to him in the same spot. It's the key to beautiful football I tells ya.