Chelsea v Wolves (PL) Wed 27th Jan 2021 18:00 GMT

coco

To be honest, it will be a pleasure to just concentrate on a match again and put the last couple of days away for a while.

I can't really see there being much of a change considering the short amount of time Tuchel has had with the squad, the same problems are still there. Hopefully Gilmour will play, I was really impressed with him every time he plays.

I think it will be a draw, 1-1.

Afternoon all, been a while since I have posted, the last crap that came out of my keyboard was some very wishful thinking before the arsewipes game on Boxing Day, went something like Giroud to get a brace in a 3-1 win and for Arteta to get the tin tack as a consequence of losing yet again - well that went well didn’t it ! so I guess , be careful what you wish for ?

Sad to see Frank go, maybe it was too much for him too soon, dunno, but I so wished him well when he became manager and I wish him well now - good luck mate.

I take the opportunity to wish TT well too, I hope he manages to get a tune out of the squad, but I mostly hope that we play some decent football that doesn’t have me shouting and swearing at the television.

Wolves at home - we gotta be beating them, COYB !!!!!!

I think people here have a weird view on Havertz. Some anyway. The boy is 21. Just to put in a manager that shares your native language doesn’t really add up to years of acclimatizing to this Prem environment. I assure you he will not transform into some explosive workhorse. I think Havertz this season should regain his confidence and find a spot in the side. If he does he will rack up some good numbers in terms of goals and assists. This is why he was bought in the first place. Next season on he is more comfortable and he will be a player that is a nailed on starter.

Anyway today I think Tuchel probably goes for experince. Azpi over James, Kovacic over Gilmour and so on...his history doesn’t back this idea but he's been with the team for one or two training sessions. Experienced players are a safer choice for his first game as the coach.

Apparently he might play 3 at the back tonight. 

Frank went 3 at the back before against Wolves to mirror their shape which bought victories against them so could be a similar ploy by Tuchel rather thn an indication of what formation he is likely to use most games. 

He did only just start training with the team two nights ago, so could be a bit premature to expect a new manager bounce. 

However, I feel confident the players might actually turn up now, there's no reason why they shouldn't. 

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

If our new manager is astute enough to pick players on form and performance, neither Werner or Bakayoko Havertz will be anywhere near the squad.

They both need some time to recover confidence (in Werner's case) and to learn how to trap and pass a football (in Havertz's).

I'm so torn over my prediction for tonight's match, and you're not helping @yorkleyblue :biggrin:  I'm thinking that Werner is bound to score at least one goal, but it won't be the first time my first scorer isn't even int the squad... 

Just watched TT's first training session and was impressed...vocal, energetic with smiling players...looks like a lot of focus on pace and power...

Mendy

James Silva Rudiger Chillwell

Jourinho 

Mount Havertz 

Ziyech Werner Pulisic

Edited by doctorblue

Rumours that we’re going 3 at the back - which means either the wingers lose out and the midfield feels abit light with no DM. 

Interesting to see which players he picks. 

Kante and Pulisic are both out. 

3 hours ago, coco said:

Tammy Abraham has scored six goals in three league starts against Wolves.

I agree. Tammy has a great record against Wolves and would be a good choice to start for that reason. However I won't be surprised if Werner starts as striker instead. I am going to predict a draw tonight as I think it will take a few games for Tuchel to get the team playing his way. I am hoping we can sneak a win though as we could really do with 3 points to stay within reach of the pack chasing top 4.

9 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Rumours that we’re going 3 at the back - which means either the wingers lose out and the midfield feels abit light with no DM. 

Pulisic is injured again?

10 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Hmm did not know about Pulisic being out.

40 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Just watched TT's first training session and was impressed...vocal, energetic with smiling players...looks like a lot of focus on pace and power...

Mendy

James Silva Rudiger Chillwell

Jourinho 

Mount Havertz 

Ziyech Werner Pulisic

At some point in that training video he asked them to play a quick one-two. I like that because it looked like they'd forgotten how to do it lately.

I like the idea of 3-5-2 for this game. Chilwell and James are good enough attacking wise to act as auxiliary wingers stretching the pitch. Werner can then hopefully continue playing together with Tammy up top.

Mendy
Azpi - Silva - Zouma
James - Gilmour - Mount - Chilwell
Havertz
Abraham - Werner

14 minutes ago, manpe said:

At some point in that training video he asked them to play a quick one-two. I like that because it looked like they'd forgotten how to do it lately.

I like the idea of 3-5-2 for this game. Chilwell and James are good enough attacking wise to act as auxiliary wingers stretching the pitch. Werner can then hopefully continue playing together with Tammy up top.

Mendy
Azpi - Silva - Zouma
Havertz
Abraham - Werner

I would be happy to see something along those lines. I think James and Gilmour can offer a lot more as wing backs. If Havertz struggles then potentially Ziyech would be a good option in that position too.

If he can get our front three playing anywhere like he got Reuss, Aubameyang and Mikhitaryan playing and scoring with such abandon, we are in for a treat, i did think watching Dortmund under him at times though was like Keegan at Newcastle!

21 minutes ago, manpe said:

Mendy
Azpi - Silva - Zouma
Havertz
Abraham - Werner

There's absolutely NO CHANCE that all 3 of CHO, Ziyech, and Pulisic sit on the bench.

If he's playing 3 in the back, it must be a 3-4-3.

5 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

There's absolutely NO CHANCE that all 3 of CHO, Ziyech, and Pulisic sit on the bench.

If he's playing 3 in the back, it must be a 3-4-3.

But then where does Havertz play if it’s a 3-4-3? He’s not that great playing on the wing. 

On 26/01/2021 at 02:29, dansubrosa said:

How is this guy still around?

He only pipes up when we are in a bad moment or always make a sarky comment about the manager or a player.

A draw would be a pleasant surprise.’ (Chelsea v Palace)

We should be all over this offer. A chance to undo the Kapa damage to the finances. (Transfer offer for Hudson Odoi)

Villa created more in 10 mins against Liverpool than we did in 90.

This team has a special blend of lack of application and lack of character. Magnifique.

Miss the days when Frank first came in and people pretended we played amazing sexy football while drawing with mighty Sheffield at home.

Oh no. (His response to Lampard sacking).

I’m not really sure why the font size have changed but yeah, this guy only pipes up with negative and sarky comments. I’m just calling him out because he quite literally adds nothing positive. When everything is nice and rosy, suddenly he disappears.

You either remembered every comment he made or you really put the hours in go through all these threads to find his name. Well done you, I always respect a bit of graft.

Something most of us are guilty of is calling people out for being dicks on here without actually bothering to see if it is just one lazy comment or weather it is something we have misinterpreted.

You actually put in the work for your naming and shaming.

On 26/01/2021 at 15:49, yorkleyblue said:

Apparently, it's me.  Letter of confirmation arrived today, along with a pair of comfortable jogging trousers, a clipboard and a megastore-sourced snood.

I always wondered about this. Does any new gaffa get a complete wardrobe with the job? A few sets of trackies with their initials on, a couple of suits with the logo, a couple of hats, one of them neck warmer things, a coat or two. Or do they pick out of smart wear or casual wear. How quickly do they order the stuff after new appointments or do they use what they find and just rip of previous initials  and slap the initials new on. He seemed to have his TT kit pretty quickly. Mr A must spend a fortune on buying new clothes for managers. Unless they make the new manager pay for it all?