Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

41 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I don’t really consider myself an elder fan, I’m 30, I presume you are around the same age. 

I just think people have different views on football as a whole. For me football is all about the club and it’s connection with the local people, rather than expecting trophies every year.

Football is like a community for me, it’s not just about the football, it’s also about the people you meet when you go to football, the things you do pre match, and having Frank and the academy players was a really special time, it was the most connected I have felt towards the club for a very long time.

I know I’m rambling on now, but I suppose you could say I’m a football romantic, more than a fan who demands trophies every year / couple of years.

In my eyes, after sacking Frank we’ve become a global superpower again instead of being Chelsea FC.

I don't think there is a Chelsea fan who didn't want this romance to continue, club legend comes back and wins CL and PL as a player and manager. That would be highs of all highs! Simultaneously, the club is a Global business now and needs success on the pitch to continue investment and be attractive for investors and sponsors(and Lampard is sponsors' dream).
I think this love story should have been delayed, you know you broke up with your partner and your longterm friend who you fancy for ages comes to your aid, and you rush into a relationship knowing you both are not ready but try to ignore the fact this will not last and end badly. You both know you should wait a few years get all the crap out the way and come back when you are both ready.
You then have friends, associates and family chipping in with some saying yes this is great for you while others being cautious saying this could end bad and damage relations permanently.

What doesnt help is when fans look down on other fans because they may not have been there since the start and call these fans names, its just toxic and the discussing will never end.

We all love Chelsea we all want to see the club do well whether its trophies, great attacking football or reliving romance.

2 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

This has popped up ever since I've been on this forum and it's always the older fans who assume you're a plastic new glory hunting fan that will settle for nothing less than first place.

If i ever called younger CFC fans plastic, i would be calling my entire living family plastic, don't make blanket assumptions just on age.

17 minutes ago, coco said:

If i ever called younger CFC fans plastic, i would be calling my entire living family plastic, don't make blanket assumptions just on age.

I don't think it's the youth or otherwise that makes them plastic, it's the glory-hunting, I want it all and I want it NOW, self-entitled exceptionalism that makes them plastic, and age has f**k all to do with that.

I blame the parents and the education system.

Oh and twatter and the Celebrity Love Island's Voice on Ice Brother's Strictly Got Talent Reality "star" culture.

You have to start questioning the direction of any sport and the soul of it when fans start using Finance and commercial business models to justify sacking a club legend. 

Happened with boxing when boxers started avoiding each other mainly due to commercial reasons and risk reward element came into it and it seems like a similar pattern is being introduced into football. I never thought I'll see the day when vast number of Chelsea fans will back our board over Frank Lampard.

I think the writing may well have been on the wall the moment Frank disagreed with Marina back in January last year over transfers, the moment a Manager has the slightest of conflict with the boards decision their is only 1 winner. Maybe the club needs to look inwards if they want to see success, consistency and continuity rather then sacking Managers on an annual basis.

28 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I don't think it's the youth or otherwise that makes them plastic, it's the glory-hunting, I want it all and I want it NOW, self-entitled exceptionalism that makes them plastic, and age has f**k all to do with that.

I blame the parents and the education system.

Oh and twatter and the Celebrity Love Island's Voice on Ice Brother's Strictly Got Talent Reality "star" culture.

We know your first love is The Gas ... you only support Chelsea as there is a chance of a trophy or two  😉 

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I don’t really consider myself an elder fan, I’m 30, I presume you are around the same age. 

I just think people have different views on football as a whole. For me football is all about the club and it’s connection with the local people, rather than expecting trophies every year.

Football is like a community for me, it’s not just about the football, it’s also about the people you meet when you go to football, the things you do pre match, and having Frank and the academy players was a really special time, it was the most connected I have felt towards the club for a very long time.

I know I’m rambling on now, but I suppose you could say I’m a football romantic, more than a fan who demands trophies every year / couple of years.

In my eyes, after sacking Frank we’ve become a global superpower again instead of being Chelsea FC.

When were we Chelsea FC before? Because since you were 9 years old we have always been managed by a foreign manager who has never played for the club. 

As long as the style of play matches how the fans want the game to be played and we are bringing youth through, I am happy to call this Chelsea FC. 

I understand you'd prefer that we had a club legend managing and focusing on the academy, than a foreign manager who wins trophies. I just don't understand why it has to be a club legend...why can't we win trophies and have an identity.

3 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

You have to start questioning the direction of any sport and the soul of it when fans start using Finance and commercial business models to justify sacking a club legend. 

Happened with boxing when boxers started avoiding each other mainly due to commercial reasons and risk reward element came into it and it seems like a similar pattern is being introduced into football. I never thought I'll see the day when vast number of Chelsea fans will back our board over Frank Lampard.

It happened in Snooker when the big money came into it.  All the emphasis was then on not losing rather than outright winning and all of the entertaining flair players. who were a bit risky got slowly beaten out.  All of the contenders for the World Championship made most of their money playing exhibitions around the snooker and billiard halls.  I saw several in the Craneswater Club in Southsea, and you often got to have a frame with top names, just for fun.

The bold bit says it all for me.

26 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think the writing may well have been on the wall the moment Frank disagreed with Marina back in January last year over transfers, the moment a Manager has the slightest of conflict with the boards decision their is only 1 winner. Maybe the club needs to look inwards if they want to see success, consistency and continuity rather then sacking Managers on an annual basis.

I don't know what it is with the modern executive ... happens all over the place in the corporate world as well as in football .... Execs seem to have been fed so much Kool Aid  that they actually believe they are the only opinion in town, and know everything, and all the underlings just need to execute on what these great minds have decided ... and sadly most of them are insanely overly compensated for their "top talent". World is going to sh*t all over the place ... plain old common sense badly needs to come back into fashion ...

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

I've noticed that tbf, it's a lot of the elder Chelsea fans upset about it whereas the new breed aren't. 

No denying the new breed of fans are far more fickle though, including myself. But that's to be expected, I grew up through the glory days, I don't know much different. Managers coming and going is very common for me, even though there have been heartbreaks, Carlo and Mourinho twice. 

It absolutely makes me upset because to me it presents as a form of bullying. 

I for one don't consider myself an old fan but my introduction into football was in 1989, Miracle of Dammam followed by Italia 90 and the Roger Milla dance, before thrown into the exciting world of Italian football where a Dutch trio of Rijkaard, Gullit and a certain magician by the name of Marco Van Basten held me spell bound in the Rossoneri colours. 

Of course Gullit signed on a free to Chelsea and that was where my Chelsea affiliation started. 

That's just offering some context and like I said I don't consider myself an old fan and sincerely regard and appreciate the old timers who where there to watch and support Chelsea when The Shed existed. I feel I missed out, probably did too.

My gripe is that even then, which was pre Roman, a quick look into our history shows the so called Chelsea way was fraught with a lot of shameful aspects; hooliganism, racism, mismanagement and the "last longest serving" manager was John Neal who brought us back up from Division two before he left in 85' due to health issues, but even he lasted a grand total of four years. So when I hear the Chelsea way, I get perplexed and sad because those days weren't really in actual terms as they seem to be portrayed. 

In the 92 clubs of the football pyramid, only 10 managers currently have been in their job for more than 4 years and 3 of these are in the premiership (Klopp, Pep and Wilder). All of the rest average 2 years so the fact we have a similar average for manager turnover isn't really an outlier as the oppo fans and media that want to beat us with that stick peddle. Hence my annoyance when same is almost perpetuated by our own fans. It is simply not factual and in fact is per normal in today's modern football. 

There's no need to dwell in the past, new and old come together and exist in the present with all it offers for the future. That's evolution, that's life in a nut shell. Only change is constant, may it always be a change for better and not worse. 

To the elders on the forum, yorkeyblue, munk, val, dkw and a host of others. We may have our flash point moments but the intention is never to rile you up. 

I was a lurker for years here before I eventually signed up and even though I may seem inactive sometimes, it's not always as it seems. The demands and pressures or life sometimes doesn't allow for an all immersive experience into theshedend. 

There are lots of other good intentioned lurkers and in this family of ours, no one should be made to feel unwelcome or any less of a fan than I am, because of our postcode, nationality, length of affiliation or any other such criteria. 

One way or the other we've all been linked to Chelsea and though it is the club that binds us, I think our diversity strengthens and enriches us all. 

Nisi Dominus Frustra! 

3 hours ago, just said:

Is it Gol15?

You find all that laughable or whatever but let me just tell you that you're around 20-30 years behind when it comes to this game, even Wenger in the 90's started using analytics. Do you honestly believe that Lampard didn't have a data analyst?

With all this talk about "proper fans" and these young people ruining the game for you... When I joined the forum it was much more acceptable to discuss the game from stats, projections and so on, I enjoyed seeing how some people presented that CHO is going to be a good player for example, seems like a long time ago now... The most recent was when someone pointed out that Declan Rice might not be the player we want since he roams as much as Kante and he showed it so well...

Sadly I'm not one of you proper fans that rejects anything that has to do with the modern game. You'll find it hard with Tuchel or any other manager in the future if you ask me but then again you were tired of seeing 30% possession with Conte and right after that even more tired to see 65% possession with Sarri, you're all just so tired.

Why can't we just forget about what everyone else is doing and just causally win every game without even trying? We all miss 2004 when all you needed was money, sadly nowadays even with money nothing is guaranteed...

2 hours ago, abramovich said:

Yeah. it was a great press conference, I'm well impressed. Fluent English, confident, personable, very respectful towards Frank, said all he right things. Reiterated that there's no need to read anything into his starting eleven vs Wolves, said he wen't with experience because of the timing and lack of preparation. Was very pleased with intensity of training and attitude of players. Was very complimentary about Mount and Kante, and said nice things about Billy, too. 

It's a pity he doesn't have more time to prepare the team but I'm very excited to see what he can do with our group of players,

Agree 100% considering he is probably following one of the biggest club legends that was impressive ! Probably the best first conference since Jose 1 -   However charm only gets you so far. Lets see what we do over the next few weeks. 

If Spuds were to beat Liverpool tonight we are 4 points behind The Dippers on the same games and there is no suggestion that Klopp is going to be sacked. He is a win and a draw better than Frank ? It's good that Tuchel recognises that and potentially his time could be short. - I am excited to see what he can do.   

Maybe offer Frank his number 2 role 🙂 wouldn't that be a turn up for the books !! 

39 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Some fans think that Lampard wasn't a good enough manager to win football games for us. So they think the board has made the right decision.

Some fans think Lampard could have been that manager, but he needed more time. So they think the board has acted too quickly. 

Both of these are valid opinions. 

Winning matches = commercial reward. Not winning matches mean we slide as a club. We become worse. 

There seems to be a section of fans cropping up who think Lampard wasn't a good enough manager to win games, but wanted him to stay anyway because it was fun

I don't understand that approach. Supporting your club means you want them to win. You don't want to be embarrassed when you play Arsenal or Tottenham. You don't want to be a mid table club, or a Championship club. You continue to support the club if they are that, but that isn't what you want and you talk about "one day, we might be up there" "if we made this signing, it could change our season". 

In more positive news, seems to like the quality of Mount/Gilmour from his press conference and has been seen in conversation with Anjorin/James. 

I also think if we keep Barry and Edwards then we can still help Tuchel access the academy but deliver on more direct and progressive football. 

3 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Some fans think that Lampard wasn't a good enough manager to win football games for us. So they think the board has made the right decision.

Some fans think Lampard could have been that manager, but he needed more time. So they think the board has acted too quickly. 

Both of these are valid opinions. 

Winning matches = commercial reward. Not winning matches mean we slide as a club. We become worse. 

There seems to be a section of fans cropping up who think Lampard wasn't a good enough manager to win games, but wanted him to stay anyway because it was fun

I don't understand that approach. Supporting your club means you want them to win. You don't want to be embarrassed when you play Arsenal or Tottenham. You don't want to be a mid table club, or a Championship club. You continue to support the club if they are that, but that isn't what you want and you talk about "one day, we might be up there" "if we made this signing, it could change our season". 

I don't think I've come across anyone making that claim (In Bold)

I've read statements such as "Fans are willing to become a mid table club & keep Lampard as Manager etc." That is also a untrue, vast majority of people supporting Lampard wanted the club to give him time to turn things around. Each one of those fans wouldve been fine if the board gave him until at least end of the season to turn the tide around, if things didn't turn out well and we finished mid table by all means sack him but getting rid of him mid season which is 6 weeks after our downturn in form does not sit well with me.

16 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

You find all that laughable or whatever but let me just tell you that you're around 20-30 years behind when it comes to this game, even Wenger in the 90's started using analytics. Do you honestly believe that Lampard didn't have a data analyst?

With all this talk about "proper fans" and these young people ruining the game for you... When I joined the forum it was much more acceptable to discuss the game from stats, projections and so on, I enjoyed seeing how some people presented that CHO is going to be a good player for example, seems like a long time ago now... The most recent was when someone pointed out that Declan Rice might not be the player we want since he roams as much as Kante and he showed it so well...

Sadly I'm not one of you proper fans that rejects anything that has to do with the modern game. You'll find it hard with Tuchel or any other manager in the future if you ask me but then again you were tired of seeing 30% possession with Conte and right after that even more tired to see 65% possession with Sarri, you're all just so tired.

Why can't we just forget about what everyone else is doing and just causally win every game without even trying? We all miss 2004 when all you needed was money, sadly nowadays even with money nothing is guaranteed...

Tbf you have got a point, he's stuck in the 80's. 

If you're over 6ft or get stuck in, you're highly rated by Just. 

20 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

In the modern game(modern world) its all data driven not just "Oo he looks good" its all data driven.

Listen to Tuchel post match press he already knew how many recovries we had in that short space of time.

In my job if I persent to C-level I have to provide data/stats to backup anything I say.

Just now, just said:

Says the man who changes direction like the wind and even admits to being fickle!

Football is a fickle game, and I'm definitely guilty of being fickle. But only with Lampard, I stuck by Mourinho, Ancelotti, Di Matteo and never wanted them sacked. 

But you do have a very simplistic view of football. The word "physical" appears in about 90% of your posts on here. 

12 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I don't think I've come across anyone making that claim (In Bold)

I've read statements such as "Fans are willing to become a mid table club & keep Lampard as Manager etc." That is also a untrue, vast majority of people supporting Lampard wanted the club to give him time to turn things around. Each one of those fans wouldve been fine if the board gave him until at least end of the season to turn the tide around, if things didn't turn out well and we finished mid table by all means sack him but getting rid of him mid season which is 6 weeks after our downturn in form does not sit well with me.

Spot on. That is where I was at. But the decision has been made and we have to move on, as we have done many times in the past. As Frank already did, I wish Tuchel nothing but the best and of course hope he is a big success.