Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

5 hours ago, Bluesince66 said:

I would be disappointed if I was on the board and Tuchel had just lost 2 finals and only got champions league next season because of Tottenham.

Reaching a cup final is never a guarantee, we are playing a very good Man City team as well and are going in as underdogs.

As a team we have progressed better under TT in our style and being more defensively sound. TT has had to work with what he inherited as well, so I don't think the board would be disappointed overall.

Who cares about Spurs, we got enough points to finish 4th overall no matter how it is dissected.

Edited by Malcolm9

Unless we win the CL, this season is a disappointment. We made progress, but ultimately we are Chelsea and "progress" only carries that much merit, it's the trophy that counts. The league form is nothing but a disaster, both managers and players deserve fair amount of criticism. Making the CL final does put us back into the "big league" again, admit it or not that's progress. The difference is we aren't Spurs or Arsenal, making it once a decade will be quickly forgotten. Pretty sure Tuchel will get a contract extension regardless of the result tomorrow, but the whole contract renewal thing is a distraction right now.

10 hours ago, Jezz said:

Agree. We've hovered around 3rd-5th and haven't been a title threat.

• 2017/2018 = 5th (70 points)
  • 2018/2019 = 3rd (72 points)
  • 2019/2020 = 4th (66 points)
  • 2020/2021 = 4th (67 points)

I think we will finally be challenging next season.

I wonder if City could surprise by disappointing. They and Pep aren’t all that consistent and have a tendency to take their foot off the pedal ever so slightly after big seasons.

As another potential sort of surprise (not the same level as Leicester winning the league or anything), how feasible is a title race between us and United? 

United is a weird one. Nobody seems to talk of them as a contender (all the talk is still about Liverpool and City) yet they did come second pretty comfortably . This will suit them. I can’t work them or Sokskjaer out. Haven’t watched much tbh. Did he get a bit lucky this season or is he the “baby faced assassin” as a manager too? How do we rate their squad vs City, Liverpool, us? They may well have the best player in the league right now  (Fernandes), no?

We’re pretty interesting too. Kind of an unknown quantity still. I think we’re going to look a lot better next season but the unknown quantity factor means  I could easily see myself being wrong.

10 hours ago, Dean said:

I think we will finally be challenging next season.

I wonder if City could surprise by disappointing. They and Pep aren’t all that consistent and have a tendency to take their foot off the pedal ever so slightly after big seasons.

As another potential sort of surprise (not the same level as Leicester winning the league or anything), how feasible is a title race between us and United? 

United is a weird one. Nobody seems to talk of them as a contender (all the talk is still about Liverpool and City) yet they did come second pretty comfortably . This will suit them. I can’t work them or Sokskjaer out. Haven’t watched much tbh. Did he get a bit lucky this season or is he the “baby faced assassin” as a manager too? How do we rate their squad vs City, Liverpool, us? They may well have the best player in the league right now  (Fernandes), no?

We’re pretty interesting too. Kind of an unknown quantity still. I think we’re going to look a lot better next season but the unknown quantity factor means  I could easily see myself being wrong.

I don't see us in the top two next season, not sure on Utd though do agree OGS deserves credit for getting second in the League.

With the exception of defense they have a better team for me, a lot more match winners than us.

Now with a full pre-season Tuchel might change that though my thought is we will strengthen in a couple of positions and one of these will be a goal scorer. Then I think we can do better than 4th though doubt we can win the league next year unless we pull in major stars.

Get it right Thomas. Selection, subs, team talks, the whole lot. 

Second chance for you after last season. You need to be perfect tonight. Dont waste this second opportunity. No regrets, be bold and be brave.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Get it right Thomas. Selection, subs, team talks, the whole lot. 

Second chance for you after last season. You need to be perfect tonight. Dont waste this second opportunity. No regrets, be bold and be brave.

How is Thiago Silva's English? He should do the teamtalk, telling them how it feels to lose the Champiins League final.

Not that Mount alledgedly sending the FA Cup losers medal to his teammates to remind them of last year's loss did any good...

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

How is Thiago Silva's English? He should do the teamtalk, telling them how it feels to lose the Champiins League final.

Not that Mount alledgedly sending the FA Cup losers medal to his teammates to remind them of last year's loss did any good...

No it did not, hopefully Silva has a better way of doing things.