Jump to content

Official Thomas Tuchel


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Let's not overreact.

The ESL-farce have been difficult enough for many of us. Now imagine how hard it was for the players who would have been worried about whether they would still be part of the Euros come summer and if they would still be part of the CL and/or the Premier League come August.

Every single one of our lads looked exhausted. Mentally and physically.

No manager would win with tonights performances from Mount, James, Zouma, Alonso, Ziyech and the others. Their minds were elsewhere and you couldn't really blame them for being extremely distracted either.

Maybe if he put Mount in his correct position it may just be a start? We missed his energy up front

Edited by charierre
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, charierre said:

Maybe if he put Mount in his correct position it may just be a start? We missed his energy up front

Yup. ESL was a distraction but there were basic mistakes made. Playing three centre backs who aren't the most mobile was the first issue. Mount in midfield was a second. Lack of speed and pressure at the front was maddening.

Lack of movement or ability to take on the game. Just slowly around in the U shape. There were no risks taken at all. No one willing to put a pass into a dangerous area and take a chance.

Mount is normally the guy who does that. Tonight he was stuck as part of the 5 man passing the ball between each other drill at the back

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sindre said:

What energy? Tonight he didn't have any.

Looked knackered. 

He was playing to the managers instructions. This performance is a recurring theme against lower ranked teams. He has to be able to change tactically, so far he hasn't shown this in his armoury

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Let's not overreact.

The ESL-farce have been difficult enough for many of us. Now imagine how hard it was for the players who would have been worried about whether they would still be part of the Euros come summer and if they would still be part of the CL and/or the Premier League come August.

Every single one of our lads looked exhausted. Mentally and physically.

No manager would win with tonights performances from Mount, James, Zouma, Alonso, Ziyech and the others. Their minds were elsewhere and you couldn't really blame them for being extremely distracted either.

Weak excuse when you take into consideration that this has happened multiple times since Tuchel arrived.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Credit to Sarri and Lampard for getting top 4 but lets be brutally honest. Those last 2 seasons we made it because other teams slipped up just as much as us when we thought we blew it. Going to have to hope for the same again under Tuchel. I don't want a top 4 war with Liverpool. Chance to overtake Leicester and we've blown it. They play WBA at home on Thursday. A win takes them 4 clear of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Credit to Sarri and Lampard for getting top 4 but lets be brutally honest. Those last 2 seasons we made it because other teams slipped up just as much as us when we thought we blew it. Going to have to hope for the same again under Tuchel. I don't want a top 4 war with Liverpool. Chance to overtake Leicester and we've blown it. They play WBA at home on Thursday. A win takes them 4 clear of us.

It would be kinda funny to go form Super League, to Champions league, to Europa league to not in europe at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Credit to Sarri and Lampard for getting top 4 but lets be brutally honest. Those last 2 seasons we made it because other teams slipped up just as much as us when we thought we blew it. 

I don't know why this is considered groundbreaking, in a top four race there's going to be many opposition f**k ups, it's why we're all battling for top four instead of the title.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Argo said:

I don't know why this is considered groundbreaking, in a top four race there's going to be many opposition f**k ups, it's why we're all battling for top four instead of the title.

Basically same as last season. Top 2 safe there then battle for 3rd and 4th down to who messes up less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, charierre said:

He was playing to the managers instructions. This performance is a recurring theme against lower ranked teams. He has to be able to change tactically, so far he hasn't shown this in his armoury

Are you talking about Mount or Tuchel? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Lack of movement or ability to take on the game. Just slowly around in the U shape. There were no risks taken at all. No one willing to put a pass into a dangerous area and take a chance.

Everyone was out on their feet. Surprised so few seemingly noticed that.

Four games in a row away from home in the last 11 days before yesterdays match. Including two wars against Porto and a draining fight against City in the semifinal.

Brighton on the other hand had 8 days to prepare for just this game and were much, much fresher than us for extremely obvious reasons.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only positive is that we’re back in the top 4 on merit now. West Ham away is definitely must not lose but really one we need to be winning. We have City, Arsenal and Leicester coming up where I expect we will drop points. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dkw said:

Dont play Abraham, only scores against lesser teams....so, how we doing against these lesser teams scoring wise lately? I know, lets play a false 9 against a packed defence, tactical masterpiece.

The reluctance to play Abraham, and even Giroud is odd, when we are struggling for goals consistently. Even if the argument is made about Abraham's ability against top teams he has a decent track record against the weaker teams. In midfield Billy Gilmour could have been given a chance last night, rather than playing an exhausted Mount out of position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JM7 said:

The only positive is that we’re back in the top 4 on merit now. West Ham away is definitely must not lose but really one we need to be winning. We have City, Arsenal and Leicester coming up where I expect we will drop points. 

The West Ham game is just 3 days before the first leg against Real Madrid. I imagine some players will be rested for the semi, and understandably so. I think Tammy should start. He scored 2 against them in the home match.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, dkw said:

Dont play Abraham, only scores against lesser teams....so, how we doing against these lesser teams scoring wise lately? I know, lets play a false 9 against a packed defence, tactical masterpiece.

Fair comment. My thoughts on Tammy are well set out in his own thread, but he does have a knack of scoring against teams in the lower half of the league, and on the basis of last nights game, more than deserves a chance. Ziyech on the other hand needs putting down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Will go on record now and say if he can achieve any two of Top 4, FA Cup and/or CL after all the drama of the past few days he will have done a really good job. CL alone would be excellent. All 3 and it is a superb one.

Either way if he does at least 2 and/or the CL he merits a new deal imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Will go on record now and say if he can achieve any two of Top 4, FA Cup and/or CL after all the drama of the past few days he will have done a really good job. CL alone would be excellent. All 3 and it is a superb one.

Either way if he does at least 2 and/or the CL he merits a new deal imo.

He has undoubtedly done a good job so far and unless we have someone in mind he should get a new deal, we need stability. That said he has failed to solve the conundrum that also foxed Lamps, how to beat teams who set up with a low block. Last night may or may not be fatigue, this though wasn't accepted as an excuse in December when we also had more injuries to contend with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Will go on record now and say if he can achieve any two of Top 4, FA Cup and/or CL after all the drama of the past few days he will have done a really good job. CL alone would be excellent. All 3 and it is a superb one.

Either way if he does at least 2 and/or the CL he merits a new deal imo.

It could really go either way at the moment. We might end up with 2 trophies and top 4, or no trophies and 7th/8th. There could easily be a just a few points separating 3rd-8th at the end of the season at this rate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Without a shadow of a doubt, creativity is a must for this team, the times the ball just goes backwards id horrible to watch, but Kante is a more mobile Jorgi, but Jorgi is better at keeping it simple, you need to look no further than Man city, Foden Gundogan and the energy and playmaking of KDB, we just haven't got it

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

He’s done really well so far, but the draws against Leeds and Brighton were so disappointing. Had we won them we’d be sitting 3rd very comfortably.

I’d like to see Tuchel turn these draws into wins next season.

So expand on where we are going wrong,  i'm constantly doing it, but only really for my benefit, countless posters, with countless theories?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!