Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

19 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Without a shadow of a doubt, creativity is a must for this team, the times the ball just goes backwards id horrible to watch, but Kante is a more mobile Jorgi, but Jorgi is better at keeping it simple, you need to look no further than Man city, Foden Gundogan and the energy and playmaking of KDB, we just haven't got it

We’ve got it, in my opinion, he is just sitting on the bench if he gets lucky and is called to the team. Would be nice to see Gilmour getting minutes to prove that he is the creative midfielder we need.

Huge win and it looks like we’re really hitting form at the right time of the season. The key will be trying to balance all 3 competitions under huge pressure. 

For me, getting Top 4 is crucial, particularly with Covid losses. CL is a long shot given the teams left in there but you never know. With any of our 8 games left, we can’t take it easy in any of them. 

Slightly off topic but it's easy to forget how great we looked under Scolari for a while. Dreadful dreadful at the end but pre Rafa nullifying the system and every other manager copying we were looking genuinely sensational.

Edited by Argo

27 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Huge win and it looks like we’re really hitting form at the right time of the season. The key will be trying to balance all 3 competitions under huge pressure. 

For me, getting Top 4 is crucial, particularly with Covid losses. CL is a long shot given the teams left in there but you never know. With any of our 8 games left, we can’t take it easy in any of them. 

I'd take 5th if the trade is a serious CL chance.

Prioritizing merely qualifaying for the next tournament over trying to win the current one is no better than the superleague proposals. 

I think now for English teams their is more glamour for winning the PL and FA Cup, CL is a load of old w**k, valued by Madrid and Liverpool, glad we've won it, now if their was European league replacement for the PL ran properly, not a replacement for CL, over 38 game say

57 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I think now for English teams their is more glamour for winning the PL and FA Cup, CL is a load of old w**k, valued by Madrid and Liverpool, glad we've won it, now if their was European league replacement for the PL ran properly, not a replacement for CL, over 38 game say

What?

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Slightly off topic but it's easy to forget how great we looked under Scolari for a while. Dreadful dreadful at the end but pre Rafa nullifying the system and every other manager copying we were looking genuinely sensational.

16 clean sheets in 21 games in total and Tuchel is our first manager ever to not be defeated in the first 10 away league games. We are now the best team when it comes to clean sheets:

EzwaW1VXMAEZC6j?format=jpg&name=medium

4 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

What actual Kudos is their in winning the CL, it should be for the Winners of the leagues, not some jumped up competition, for Mega money and TV bragging rights, do a poll majority would rather win the PL than the CL

The current champions league format is boring enough, wait till the new one comes in a couple of years.

1 minute ago, Ernie_blue said:

The current champions league format is boring enough, wait till the new one comes in a couple of years.

Exactly, and i think it will replace the PL for those joining, not a CL replacement, 4 from England, and Germany, Spain Italy, say Ajax and PSG over 35games, then you're a true Champion of Europe..

36 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

I’m just hoping the turgid football is borne out of necessity until he gets a pre season and transfer window, yes we’re winning games and ultimately it’s a results business, but it’s all a bit Sarri at the moment.

Some of it about controlling games - which we do very well. To the point of boredom. I’ll take 1-0 wins over the crazy Lampard games. 

12 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I think now for English teams their is more glamour for winning the PL and FA Cup, CL is a load of old w**k

You’re officially banned from celebrating or deriving any enjoyment when we win it this season! Don’t try and argue, I’ll have you know my brother in law owns a sword shop!

Really think complaints about our style are overblown. Sure, compared to Lampard's kamikaze type of football we are more controlled but yesterday we had 17 attempts and should have scored at least three despite "only" coming away with a 1-0 win.

I'd certainly have no complaints if we look like we currently do next season as well. Preferably with an attacker that's half decent at finishing off the chances and if we manage to get a player like that we would be challenging for the title until the very end and perhaps win it.

1 hour ago, Wearyourcolours said:

I’m just hoping the turgid football is borne out of necessity until he gets a pre season and transfer window, yes we’re winning games and ultimately it’s a results business, but it’s all a bit Sarri at the moment.

I saw a lot of post of hoping the same thing but as far as i know, i don't think i remember any team has massive change in playstyle with the same manager 

8 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Imagine the fun Bob will have if Capn Arry leaves the white hearts, lol
You'll need a factory supply of super absorbent Kleenex to soak up Debbies tears, lol

He can’t leave. They’d have to make new badges. Do you know how much that costs?