Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

If this man gate keeps Pep and Man City for a second time, he will legit become my favorite manager of all time. The banter can you imagine.

Two finals in half a season and potentially top 4 that's stuff dreams are made of. Thank you Thomas on behalf of all Chelsea fc fans you allowed us to dream again.

He got is spot on tonight.

During second half when we missed a couple of chances and then Madrid started seeing more of the ball, I was wondering what he would do. Everyone was playing well, but the game was on a knife edge. Do you stick or do you make a sub, or two? He got subs exactly right and bar a few scary moments we won it "comfortably" (despite my guts churning until that wonderful second goal!)

31 minutes ago, Jamieblue said:

Come on guys, it's the honeymoon period- first real test is City away on Saturday. 😂

The most tactically astute manager we've had since Jose mark 1 IMO. Formidable against anyone, bar big Sam.

Harsh on Conte, in my opinion but he has been great and got it absolutely spot on tonight. Honestly can’t fault a thing he done tonight. 

Thomas is the first manager in history to reach the CL/European Cup final with 2 different teams in 2 consecutive seasons.

Thomas is the first manager in history to face Zinedine Zidane's Real Madrid for more than 5 times without any defeat and he did it with 3 different clubs.

Thomas is a special man.

I was angry about the Lampard sacking and still am in truth. 

But, there is no denying that Tuchel has done a very good job, especially in the cup competitions, since joining the club. 

We're starting to play setter football now and creating better chances from game to game. 

Looking forward to seeing what he can do with the squad next season and hopefully gives us all something to cheer about by the end of this season too. 

40 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

The vitrol Tuchel and the board got upon his appointment is looking funny now. Respect to those man enough to admit their overreaction. You can start supporting this great club again.

I do not think you will find many posts from those of us who defended Frank also claimed he would be achieving things like this, this quickly.

We more had patience in him to succeed over the long term and were willing to suffer a rocky ride as he is one of us, one of our own and we believed the board believed in that vision too.

Has sacking him and hiring TT given us the chance of an amazing season that we probably had little to no chance of getting with Frank? For sure. That was not the point many of us were making though.

Most of us having given TT a lot of credit as well.

I think it’s very clear that Tuchel has improved the Chelsea team and continues to improve it. We are better now than before the international break. Bob Stark is completely correct  (unusually)  that you don’t judge coaches on cup completions. But equally that doesn’t mean that the coach has no impact on the team performance during the cup. 

the three Germans in the team are all growing into their role  I expected/hoped for that from Werner/Havertz but Rudigier has been a revelation  

the midfield pivots who used to be criticized so much now look like world beaters as a unit as much as individuals  Above all the team ethos, culture and self belief is great  we are a better team to watch than ManU  in my view  more cohesive, better style , less dependent on individuals  

Tuchel seems to be just right for us at the moment.  Perhaps only cho and Tammy wouldn’t agree. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ozboy said:

I think it’s very clear that Tuchel has improved the Chelsea team and continues to improve it. We are better now than before the international break. Bob Stark is completely correct  (unusually)  that you don’t judge coaches on cup completions. But equally that doesn’t mean that the coach has no impact on the team performance during the cup. 

the three Germans in the team are all growing into their role  I expected/hoped for that from Werner/Havertz but Rudigier has been a revelation  

the midfield pivots who used to be criticized so much now look like world beaters as a unit as much as individuals  Above all the team ethos, culture and self belief is great  we are a better team to watch than ManU  in my view  more cohesive, better style , less dependent on individuals  

Tuchel seems to be just right for us at the moment.  Perhaps only cho and Tammy wouldn’t agree. 

Wohooo, I got somebody who agree with me. 

In term of Tuchel, after his 5th/6th game I said he is better than Lamp and he has transformed us into defensive juggernaut and short term wise we will be very good. 

I mentioned how he structurized our offense which was the key in our defensive improvement. 

Getting to cl final is just a bonus, it is good for his reputation. But like I said multiple time, in cl one game, one mistake can change everything.

Let's say we lost yesterday after playing as well as we did. We created chances after chances and they barely created any. (You could clearly see Tuchel knew this can happen, he knew if we didn't score the 2nd goal, stupid thing could happen). Should we suddenly rate Tuchel as a loser and Zidane outclass him or should we say Tuchel had a very good plan and he was simply unlucky? 

Edited by Bob stark

Another level at the moment in all regards.

unified the squad, put an arm around those that were discarded, solidified the defence, sharpened the attack, good tactics to suit games, brilliant game management. All done with a cracking personality.

come on Mr tickle - bring those cups home!