Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

7 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

The vitrol Tuchel and the board got upon his appointment is looking funny now. Respect to those man enough to admit their overreaction. You can start supporting this great club again.

You tedious clown.

Done it again! TT's doing great and I love the bloke too. The way that we are starting to play when the players are on it like last night is just brilliant to watch.

But why do some of you that were against Frank need to disrespect him at any opportunity? If it wasn't for Frank, we wouldn't be playing CL this season, he placed us top 4 last season, he took us through the group stage as first, he was fundamental in the rise of some of our youngsters and in bringing some very good players, HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR SUPER FRANK!!! Being against his sacking has got nothing to do with thinking that TT is better or worse coach, was about principles that you lot don't have and it will show up again as soon as TT starts losing games or does not do well enough in your eyes.

54 minutes ago, RMH said:

Done it again! TT's doing great and I love the bloke too. The way that we are starting to play when the players are on it like last night is just brilliant to watch.

But why do some of you that were against Frank need to disrespect him at any opportunity? If it wasn't for Frank, we wouldn't be playing CL this season, he placed us top 4 last season, he took us through the group stage as first, he was fundamental in the rise of some of our youngsters and in bringing some very good players, HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR SUPER FRANK!!! Being against his sacking has got nothing to do with thinking that TT is better or worse coach, was about principles that you lot don't have and it will show up again as soon as TT starts losing games or does not do well enough in your eyes.

Agreed, unfortunately the last step proved elusive for him at this stage of his career but he's more than played his part in getting us here.

Similar to going from Ranieri to Mou. 

We obviously have to win it now. His heart will break if he loses the final two seasons in a row. 

I wonder whether he regrets not playing his former team, or is relieved. 

1 minute ago, Valerie said:

We obviously have to win it now. His heart will break if he loses the final two seasons in a row. 

I wonder whether he regrets not playing his former team, or is relieved. 

I don't think it matters that much to him but would think he'd rather play against them as against City since they'd be an easier opponent, he'd know all about them AND hence the possibility that'd he could lol at Leonardo are quite high. On the other hand losing to them would feel much much worse than losing to City who are considered favorites in a mostly 50/50 match (maybe 55-45 for City).

Anyway, that was a fantastic night yesterday!! I prepared 2kg asparagus besides watching because I was just THAT nervous. 😄 The sheer brilliance of the whole team, shown on so many occasions now too, and the way they've really earned it each and every time is just a joy to watch.

Looking at our recent schedule combined with our upcoming fixtures we will probably have to heavily rotate in one of the games coming up and give most if not all the nailed on starters a rest.

The way I see it there's one of two games we can do it.

1) We write off this weekend's game against City and throw our eggs into the basket of the last three games where maximum points will be enough for top 4.

or

2) We do it at home to Arsenal next week and cross our fingers the Tuchel factor combined with their mediocrity will be enough.

Which one's best?

3 minutes ago, Argo said:

Looking at our recent schedule combined with our upcoming fixtures we will probably have to heavily rotate in one of the games coming up and give most if not all the nailed on starters a rest.

1) We write off this weekend's game against City and throw our eggs into the basket of the last three games where maximum points will be enough for top 4.

or

2) We do it at home to Arsenal next week and cross our fingers the Tuchel factor combined with their mediocrity will be enough.

Which one's best?

Personally we should look to win them all, and there is no reason why we shouldn't.

This is now the business end and we need all the points to secure our top 4 position. Beating City this weekend would be a big psychological blow to them before the CL final.

As for Arsenal, I would love for us to give them a whooping, the FA Cup final last season still cuts deep.

5 minutes ago, Argo said:

or

Which one's best?

West Ham have very winnable games. I'd be seriously stressed if we lost this weekend and then relied on winning the remaining three. Can we, like, play for a draw? 🙂

Mad credit to this guy, unreal how he transformed this team in such a short time.

What is truly fascinating for me is the way Chelsea looks at the moment, I mean there is a new guy in charge that took over mid season when we were having a rough patch, atmosphere was not great, our marquee signings Werner and Havertz were looking more like Bob and John from Accrington Stanley rather than two top Bundesliga players, you would naturally expect him to come steady the ship and see if there is anything left to be saved and build for the next season.

Instead after four months and no pre season, this team look like they've been playing together under Tuchel since forever. Really a testimony for this guy's capabilities.

38 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

Personally we should look to win them all, and there is no reason why we shouldn't.

This is now the business end and we need all the points to secure our top 4 position. Beating City this weekend would be a big psychological blow to them before the CL final.

As for Arsenal, I would love for us to give them a whooping, the FA Cup final last season still cuts deep.

Write off is a poor choice of words but rotating for City will make an already used job almost impossible whereas with Arsenal we will still have a shot at beating them with a rotated team.

36 minutes ago, _Ilya_ said:

West Ham have very winnable games. I'd be seriously stressed if we lost this weekend and then relied on winning the remaining three. Can we, like, play for a draw? 🙂

While we should always assume they will until they don't I can't see them winning all four, for all the good they've done this season they haven't yet won five in a row (they won their last game), Everton have one of the best away records in the division and Brighton away is a lot tougher than their league position suggests.

I'm more worried about Liverpool knuckling down and sweeping up, I'm very wary of a team that know how to win even if they're currently sh*t, we managed to finish 2nd in Ancelotti's second season despite being a shambles for most of it.

2 hours ago, Argo said:

Agreed, unfortunately the last step proved elusive for him at this stage of his career but he's more than played his part in getting us here.

Perfect post.

Lampard laid the foundations for the success we have now. Tuchel's tactical nous and the ability to get the best out of this squad was the extra step we needed once Lampard was replaced.

Both men contributed to this current success in different ways. If Tuchel can pull it off in May 29, he goes down in Chelsea folklore as a legend!

Congratulations and huge praise to Thomas Tuchel, his players and staff. 

I had wanted Frank to stay and was not best pleased when he was sacked and as I really didn't know too much about TT, was fairly negative about his appointment. I feel so guilty for this and oh so wrong!! The guy has in double quick time, turned us from a disorganised rabble into an exciting, organised, passionate, spirited team, and the turnaround in form of some of the players is nothing short of miraculous. We are now being variously talked about as real CL contenders, a good bet for the Premier League next season and nailed on for the FA Cup 😍😍.

Back in the dark days of December and early January containing losses to Everton, Wolves, Arsenal, City and a bore draw vs Villa who would have dreamed that we would now be in the top 4, in The Champions League and FA Cup finals and are the toast of the TV & radio pundits.

It feels great to be a Chelsea fan again, I will always love the Club but there are times when I don't like it so much. I've never been so pleased to admit I was wrong or to admit that Roman and the Board of the Club certainly do know a lot more than us the fans 💙💙💙 KTBFFH

2 hours ago, Argo said:

or

Which one's best?

When @coco wakes up from his slumber and gets a City league game post up and running we can discuss that there 😉

3 hours ago, Argo said:

Write off is a poor choice of words but rotating for City will make an already used job almost impossible whereas with Arsenal we will still have a shot at beating them with a rotated team.

While we should always assume they will until they don't I can't see them winning all four, for all the good they've done this season they haven't yet won five in a row (they won their last game), Everton have one of the best away records in the division and Brighton away is a lot tougher than their league position suggests.

I'm more worried about Liverpool knuckling down and sweeping up, I'm very wary of a team that know how to win even if they're currently sh*t, we managed to finish 2nd in Ancelotti's second season despite being a shambles for most of it.

Not sure I agree about needing to rest players, there are only a few games left in the season and assuming we keep winning then most players like to continue obviously if someone is hanging out of their arse then fair enough but to do a mass rotate just for the sake of it isnt needed

3 hours ago, coco said:

Can't we  just revel in the moment a bit longer ?

No! Get back to work!

Lol perfectly understandable while the CL final matchday thread went up first mate. We are all still on cloud 9 and dreaming of lifting big ears. As I am sure City fans are too.

2 minutes ago, DidierDrogz said:

Please give this man a 5 year contract  win or lose Roman. Firing Frankie is one of the best sacking ever, the AVB sacking was the second best.

Won nothing yet mate and unless we do then Robbie still remains the best strike of lighting we have caught.

30 minutes ago, DidierDrogz said:

You cannot be serious, do you think we will be where we are with Frankie? Yea top 4 and FA Cup finalist, but I have never gone into a Chelsea match under Tuchel feeling we will lose plus this is not about trophies. There was a reason why Bayern wanted Tuchel just be happy we got him. 

I think you are missing the point here. You said firing Frank was our best sacking ever, with AVB being the second best.

Nowhere did I say Frank would have us where we are now in fact elsewhere i have said o highly doubt he would.

What I did clearly say above is Robbie, as in Roberto Di Matteo, is our best strike of lighting we caught? Why? Because he won the FA cup and CL and so far TT has not. He hopefully will do but he was won nothing yet and Robbie won both, so until he does deliver them Robbie remains our best managerial change mid season and AVB our best sacking.

18 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I think you are missing the point here. You said firing Frank was our best sacking ever, with AVB being the second best.

Nowhere did I say Frank would have us where we are now in fact elsewhere i have said o highly doubt he would.

What I did clearly say above is Robbie, as in Roberto Di Matteo, is our best strike of lighting we caught? Why? Because he won the FA cup and CL and so far TT has not. He hopefully will do but he was won nothing yet and Robbie won both, so until he does deliver them Robbie remains our best managerial change mid season and AVB our best sacking.

Don’t feed the troll, he’s apparently back after having been kicked out.