Jump to content

Official Thomas Tuchel


coco
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 25/01/2021 at 23:46, axman2526 said:

Disagree. With the amazing squad of players we have and every single one of them having unquestionable loyalty to the Chelsea shirt I expect an experienced manager who is a proven technician to achieve a CL victory as well as top 4. After all he made it to the final last year and surely we have better players than PSG right?!!

Well doneūüĎŹ

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, footballoholic said:

Well doneūüĎŹ

Lol well that post came mainly form a place of anger at the time after Frank's sacking. Anger at the players letting him down, for downing their tools and playing well below the levels we expect and at gloating from other fans that had been saying Frank was not good enough, that he had enough time and should be out the door. From Chelsea people becoming almost insulting to a club legend.

I felt our players were (with a few exceptions) nowhere near as good as many believed and that TT would find it hard to get enough out of them.

On that last part I can admit I was clearly wrong and we do have a better manager now who is able to maximize the output of our players, and is a clear upgrade in the here and now.

Far as a CL victory goes...I thought getting past Atletico was going to prove a little too much, and now these same players who I deemed not good enough at the very top are one win away from the holy grail. 

Job not done yet, not even close but to that I say keep proving me wrong lads. Deliver as you have been doing in the league, see off Leicester next weekend and, above all, put in the performance of your lives and stop the city juggernaut from what they, the media and many many others believe is their entitlement; that I feel cannot be stopped and then I will gladly take that huge serving of humble pie.

Become champions of Europe, show you deserve it, show you are some of the best players in the world, show your dedication to your club, your teammates, your fans, your families and yourselves. 

Prove. Me. Wrong. Prove all the doubters wrong.

Edited by axman2526
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This literally remind me of the Conte situation.

Many so focused about the sacking of a legend (Jose/Frank) and/or wanting the fashionable managers (back them Pep/Simeone this time Nagelsmann/Pochettino) they let just how good the manager we did get is go completely under the radar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So much negativity and doubt! Its good to be cautious but this City side aren't on the same level as Bayern with Lewandoski from last season or their centurions side. We are more than capable of beating them. Kante is by far the best player when he's in the mood from both sides. 

 

 

 

Edited by Valhalla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

90min put out their top 20 managers. Rip Jose (I still think he can bounce back). TT is pretty well placed, I think were we to finish with the double he would arguably be the best coach in the world. Based off last seasons results I can't fault too many of these placements.

E04oj2MXEAQyfZQ.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Is Flick really that good of a coach? I was always under the impression he’s had it easy due to incredible talent in the squad.

Flick made them what they are, they were a mess under Kovac.

Furthermore what's happening at Juve has firmly put to bed the notion anyone can do it with the best team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


so much unnecessary negativity about Tuchel's record, so what if we lose the CL final? The last time we got into the final was almost a decade ago, it is a big f* deal just to make the final (or the semi), even we do lose ( which I suspect some fans want to), it's still a great achievement. It's been years since we last felt we confident go into a big match against Elite teams , I reckon last time we had that was first season under Conte, and we didn't have European games. I get it some aren't happen because of the Lampard factor, and his replacement just made it work in a few months, so the logic of "giving Lampard more time and he will turn it around " could flow. In reality, we'd get knocked out in the CL ages ago because at the top level the Experience and tactical onus of the managers make difference, and you need all players on board to survive the grueling fixtures

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

so much unnecessary negativity about Tuchel's record, so what if we lose the CL final? The last time we got into the final was almost a decade ago, it is a big f* deal just to make the final (or the semi), even we do lose ( which I suspect some fans want to), it's still a great achievement. It's been years since we last felt we confident go into a big match against Elite teams , I reckon last time we had that was first season under Conte, and we didn't have European games. I get it some aren't happen because of the Lampard factor, and his replacement just made it work in a few months, so the logic of "giving Lampard more time and he will turn it around " could flow. In reality, we'd get knocked out in the CL ages ago because at the top level the Experience and tactical onus of the managers make difference, and you need all players on board to survive the grueling fixtures

Not convinced there is negativity. Many were unhappy that Frank was sacked. I was. Still am.

I think it is important to seperate that from Tuchel's performance in the job. Notwithstanding our sometimes boring style the change has worked. Tuchel has done well and we're ahead of where I thought we'd be. I approach the CL final with no expectations, but I would like to make the top 4 and win the FA Cup. 

The thing that has pleased me most is that apart from Tammy the young players are largely still getting a run. They aren't as prominent as they were under Frank but they are getting a go. I didn't expect that. I'm also happy that Kepa hasn't been automatically been reincluded and that we have stuck with Mendy who is a better player despite the price tag. All in all he has done a good job and look forward to him continuing next year assuming we finish the season well and make the Top 4, which is still the benchmark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Many were unhappy that Frank was sacked. I was. Still am.

Would you have sacrificed the adventure Tuchel have taken us on for Lampard to stay on?

I didn't want Lampard sacked either. Thought he was let down by the squad and that the squad wasn't good enough to compete yet as Frank Lampard himself said towards the end.
I thought a slow build for the future was the realistic scenario. 

But Tuchel have managed to catapult us back into the elites of Europe in a very short period of time while maintaining a young core and have lifted the performances of just about everyone at the club. Not least the likes of Havertz, Mount, Kante, Jorginho and Pulisic.

Not sure anyone predicted Tuchel would do nearly as well as he has. But letting Lampard go to bring him in have proved to be a terrific decision.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sindre said:

Would you have sacrificed the adventure Tuchel have taken us on for Lampard to stay on?

 

I think questions such as this miss the point.

It's possible to be both, over the moon with how Tuchel has done since coming in, and at the same time, still be angry with how Lampard was treated.

Seems to me the reason this subject keeps coming up is because some people wanna pointlessly rub Tuchel's success in the faces of those that were against Frank's sacking, as if those people would be pissed off with how our season has gone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, jack h said:

I think questions such as this miss the point.

It's possible to be both, over the moon with how Tuchel has done since coming in, and at the same time, still be angry with how Lampard was treated.

Seems to me the reason this subject keeps coming up is because some people wanna pointlessly rub Tuchel's success in the faces of those that were against Frank's sacking, as if those people would be pissed off with how our season has gone!

I know but you are kicking in an open door here. At least with regards to myself.

I didn't want Lampard gone either and I was strongly opposed to it when it happened. I had very little faith the the manager we would bring in would turn the club around and make us contenders in a short period of time. That's why I wanted Lampard to stay as just see out this season and continue the process over the summer.

But now, with the benefit of hindsight I would have to say bringing in Tuchel was the right move. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, jack h said:

I think questions such as this miss the point.

It's possible to be both, over the moon with how Tuchel has done since coming in, and at the same time, still be angry with how Lampard was treated.

Seems to me the reason this subject keeps coming up is because some people wanna pointlessly rub Tuchel's success in the faces of those that were against Frank's sacking, as if those people would be pissed off with how our season has gone!

I agree jack. I think the reverse would have also have been true if Tuchel was a failure. People like being right!

I just hope we can remove some of the snakes from the squad that undermined Lampard. They'll still be there in the tall grass waiting for when things go wrong under Tuchel, which they eventually will. Sooner we get rid of them the better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

The thing that has pleased me most is that apart from Tammy the young players are largely still getting a run. They aren't as prominent as they were under Frank but they are getting a go. I didn't expect that. 

Apart from Tammy which of the academy lot are worse off now than they were under Frank? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Sindre said:

I know but you are kicking in an open door here. At least with regards to myself.

I didn't want Lampard gone either and I was strongly opposed to it when it happened. I had very little faith the the manager we would bring in would turn the club around and make us contenders in a short period of time. That's why I wanted Lampard to stay as just see out this season and continue the process over the summer.

But now, with the benefit of hindsight I would have to say bringing in Tuchel was the right move. 

 

Hindsight is great, and I agree that it has been a success. But, go and ask the same question to Juve or PSG supporters. And, as someone has already mentioned, I don't think many were against Tuchel, we were more against how Frank was treated and about giving him til the end of the season (and I still would have backed him independently of the results). That is perfectly compatible with being delighted about the successes of Tuchel and the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RMH said:

we were more against how Frank was treated and about giving him til the end of the season

Out of curiosity. In which way was he treated badly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jack h said:

Seems to me the reason this subject keeps coming up is because some people wanna pointlessly rub Tuchel's success in the faces of those that were against Frank's sacking, as if those people would be pissed off with how our season has gone!

This. 

I was against lamp sacking but I am not crazy. After 4/5 games it was so obvious that Tuchel was the better manager. 

Funnily with Lamp I didn't want Lamp to get the job in the 1st place. I didn't think he was ready, I much rather he come here after successful stints elsewhere or at least when we have a ready title winning squad for him. Not like last season where we were in massive rebuilding mode and Lampard had only litte experience. 

 

 

 

Edited by Bob stark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Not convinced there is negativity. Many were unhappy that Frank was sacked. I was. Still am.

I think it is important to seperate that from Tuchel's performance in the job. Notwithstanding our sometimes boring style the change has worked. Tuchel has done well and we're ahead of where I thought we'd be. I approach the CL final with no expectations, but I would like to make the top 4 and win the FA Cup. 

How I feel about it as well. You can be both unhappy that Frank was not given more time and also really happy at the wonderful job TT has done so far.

I also agree on your expectations. With where we are now after the weekend we really should make top 4. Given our recent losses in the FA cup to Arsenal we also really need to deliver that one to turn our luck around there and give us a trophy to carry forward.

No expectation for the CL from me. We have done great to overcome three tough sides but we hear every day how this is Cities moment and get told we are basically there to make up the numbers. Let's see if TT has one last surprise in store for us there.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

 

I just hope we can remove some of the snakes from the squad that undermined Lampard. They'll still be there in the tall grass waiting for when things go wrong under Tuchel, which they eventually will. Sooner we get rid of them the better. 

For me the problem Lamp this season was I felt like he was trying too hard to make puli, Ziyech, Havertz and Werner to work. Either he was being pressured from above or he felt like they were his signing. 

He was far more conservative last season and earlier this season. It really baffled me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

This. 

I was against lamp sacking but I am not crazy. After 4/5 games it was so obvious that Tuchel was the better manager. 

I was actually for Lampard given the circumstances we were in as i felt it was win win for both parties.

Usually I am against these type of appointments purely because they'd have far too much pull with the fanbase if things went South as was unfortunately proven in this case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!