Official Thomas Tuchel

42 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Out of curiosity. In which way was he treated badly?

From the perspective of someone that hasn't got an insight into the Clubs comings and goings, being given the sack the day after beating Luton (if I remember correctly) and cutting short his contract from the end of the season with little patience given his status with the Club and fans. No idea of what went on, but for me as for many fans, he did not deserve to be cut loose so sudden and after a comfortable win in the Cup. That is what I referred to.

23 minutes ago, Argo said:

I was actually for Lampard given the circumstances we were in as i felt it was win win for both parties.

Usually I am against these type of appointments purely because they'd have far too much pull with the fanbase if things went South as was unfortunately proven in this case.

I was absolutely against his appt. You'll never know how it will end up but all the odds were against Lamp. 

It was basically rookie manager being tasked to rebuild title contending team. 

4 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I was absolutely against his appt. You'll never know how it will end up but all the odds were against Lamp. 

It was basically rookie manager being tasked to rebuild title contending team. 

He did the rebuild bit fine, promoted the best youth and the signings have been largely good (I'm convinced all our signings will come good next season). We needed someone who would put the club firmly before his own gains and he did that. 

The question mark always was would he have had the tactical edge to enjoy the fruits of his labour and unfortunately that proved not to be the case.

1 hour ago, RMH said:

Hindsight is great, and I agree that it has been a success. But, go and ask the same question to Juve or PSG supporters. And, as someone has already mentioned, I don't think many were against Tuchel, we were more against how Frank was treated and about giving him til the end of the season (and I still would have backed him independently of the results). That is perfectly compatible with being delighted about the successes of Tuchel and the team.

I also thought that the club didn't treat Lampard right, the board showed no patience at all. As soon as the team started to underperform he was sacked so I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to Tuchel if a similar month of bad results comes next season either. But that decision did turn things around so the board's fast reaction to sign up Tuchel after he was suddenly available proved to be the right move.

Even so I don't think that the board knew just how much exactly we were underperforming, my guess is that nobody expected the team to reach the CL final either. So I hope that the board doesn't think that our squad is perfect as it is because of how things turned out and we end up not signing any replacement for T.Silva for example. I mean despite the FA Cup and CL finals the board should be aware of the fact that the squad is still a work in progress, Lampard reached the FA Cup final as well after all.

We still have some young players developing and some questions about just how balanced our squad is at certain positions. When everyone is fully fit what is our starting 11 and does it change with a new striker after Giroud leaves and so on? So Tuchel has done an amazing job so far but let's build on that, I don't want a repeat of Conte's second season!

4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I also thought that the club didn't treat Lampard right, the board showed no patience at all. As soon as the team started to underperform he was sacked so I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to Tuchel if a similar month of bad results comes next season either. But that decision did turn things around so the board's fast reaction to sign up Tuchel after he was suddenly available proved to be the right move.

We had relegation form in the middle third of last season and Lampard's job didn't come under the slightest bit of scrunity. 

What was happening in the winter ran a lot deeper than just results.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Even so I don't think that the board knew just how much exactly we were underperforming, my guess is that nobody expected the team to reach the CL final either. So I hope that the board doesn't think that our squad is perfect as it is because of how things turned out and we end up not signing any replacement for T.Silva for example. I mean despite the FA Cup and CL finals the board should be aware of the fact that the squad is still a work in progress, Lampard reached the FA Cup final as well after all.

We still have some young players developing and some questions about just how balanced our squad is at certain positions. When everyone is fully fit what is our starting 11 and does it change with a new striker after Giroud leaves and so on? So Tuchel has done an amazing job so far but let's build on that, I don't want a repeat of Conte's second season!

He has set incredibly high standards for himself in the last few months, I really hope when things do start to go south a little and we lose a few on the bounce we still back him rather then call for his head. He has shown that he is tactically elite and has successfully rotated a big squad however the next few transfer windows will probably be his biggest challenge in terms of his engagement with our board and how he can get players in of a similar or higher caliber to what we have currently. The transfer window is vitally important considering Tammy & Giroud are likely to leave and Azpi & Silva will probably need replacements too.    

2 hours ago, Argo said:

He did the rebuild bit fine, promoted the best youth and the signings have been largely good (I'm convinced all our signings will come good next season). We needed someone who would put the club firmly before his own gains and he did that. 

The question mark always was would he have had the tactical edge to enjoy the fruits of his labour and unfortunately that proved not to be the case.

I don't think so. Rebuilding is about setting direction on the team then sign or promoting player that fit what you are trying to do. 

It is not just signing good players because what you want is a cohesive team that  play better than the sum of its part. 

Throughout the season we have massive balance problem. Lamp tinkered the team  many2 times and he struggled to find good balance. 

Tuchel came in and pretty much fixed our problem by playing only 3 attackers and 5 man defense. I don't think this team is designed to play 343 but it is what is working. 

2 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Big Q, do you think he’ll get ‘Suited n Booted for Wembley?

I don't think he'll go full kit like JT in Munich, but hopefully he'll be there 1st in line for a winners medal.

15 minutes ago, BluesPower said:

I don't think he'll go full kit like JT in Munich, but hopefully he'll be there 1st in line for a winners medal.

HA, i actually meant a smart suit, some smart Boss number lol, although they will have match day suits, by whoever..

33 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Have to admit I am kinda of surprised that we have not seen @Slojo and @Brutos around. They were very much pro getting rid if Frank and argued with a few of us that backed him. I was expecting them to be about. Maybe they are waiting to see how the finals go.

I think both have been banned.

Posted (edited)

I don't play the I told you so game because we're all Chelsea fans and act and think in what we believe is best for the club. I got it right this time but there's also times i got it wrong (I strongly believed AVB would have came good for example).

However would I honestly blame someone who was also "Lampard out" enjoying ending up on the right side of this after some of the stick dished out at the time? Not really because let's be honest if this worked out the other way round it would have been unbearable (it's bad enough when we drop points).

Edited by Argo

10 hours ago, Argo said:

Apart from Tammy which of the academy lot are worse off now than they were under Frank? 

I am saying that they aren't much worse off under Tuchel and that's a good thing. Andreas is arguably better off. Reece is maybe the one who isn't a nailed on starter like he was under Frank, but Mount remains key.

The weaknesses in Tammy's all round game have proven difficult for him to overcome under Tuchel. He's a six yard box striker, who doesn't have a key strength outside that. In the absence of good finishing from anyone Tuchel has chosen to prioritise other aspects and Tammy doesn't rank above Werner, Giroud or Havertz on any of them. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12303964/thomas-tuchel-chelsea-boss-keen-to-avoid-transfer-rows-and-praises-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-ahead-of-arsenal-game

"Transfer periods can be real mood breaks between coaches and clubs and I don't want to have this ever again," added Tuchel.

"I have zero ambition to ruin this atmosphere, not for myself or for anybody else. Do we have some ideas how to improve the squad? Yes, we do. But will we fight about it? No, we will not.

Perhaps it's too much too hope for but I really do have hope that Tuchel can be our Guardiola/Klopp in the sense that he'll be at the club for a long time and bring in big titles during that time as well.

4 hours ago, Sindre said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12303964/thomas-tuchel-chelsea-boss-keen-to-avoid-transfer-rows-and-praises-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-ahead-of-arsenal-game

"Transfer periods can be real mood breaks between coaches and clubs and I don't want to have this ever again," added Tuchel.

"I have zero ambition to ruin this atmosphere, not for myself or for anybody else. Do we have some ideas how to improve the squad? Yes, we do. But will we fight about it? No, we will not.

Perhaps it's too much too hope for but I really do have hope that Tuchel can be our Guardiola/Klopp in the sense that he'll be at the club for a long time and bring in big titles during that time as well.

Maybe I'm being too wishful but he seems to be fully aware how lucky he is to be in a job like ours.

How many jobs in world football can offer all of backing in the market, quality of academy and a good competitive challenging situation to the level we can? City are the only one's that can trump us when all three are fully factored.

People will bang on about the supposed lack of patience (which isn't as much as people make out) but why shouldn't you be expected to get strong results with the backing our managers get? It's rule 101 in any business, the more resources you get the better the job you're expected to do.

Good that he's aware of the fact that he had some issues with the bosses of his previous club and that he clearly doesn't want to repeat that.

Though if he and his team has some ideas how to improve the squad the board should listen to them, there must be a good communication between the two if this is going to work. The big thing for the summer is to find a new CB once T.Silva leaves, that is essential for the next season and without it we won't be as good.

11 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Good that he's aware of the fact that he had some issues with the bosses of his previous club and that he clearly doesn't want to repeat that.

That's a crucial part aswell, he seems fully self aware of what aspects of his character need fine tuning which means he's almost certainly making a conciense effort.

Compare that to Conte who could have broken into Roman's house, smashed it up, set it on fire with it all on camera and still have found a way to play the victim. 

16 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

I am saying that they aren't much worse off under Tuchel and that's a good thing. Andreas is arguably better off. Reece is maybe the one who isn't a nailed on starter like he was under Frank, but Mount remains key.

The weaknesses in Tammy's all round game have proven difficult for him to overcome under Tuchel. He's a six yard box striker, who doesn't have a key strength outside that. In the absence of good finishing from anyone Tuchel has chosen to prioritise other aspects and Tammy doesn't rank above Werner, Giroud or Havertz on any of them. 

Reece is developing pretty well under Tuchel imo. He is more adventurous and less backpassing nowadays as well as being defensively resolute

24 minutes ago, Argo said:

Maybe I'm being too wishful but he seems to be fully aware how lucky he is to be in a job like ours.

How many jobs in world football can offer all of backing in the market, quality of academy and a good competitive challenging situation to the level we can? City are the only one's that can trump us when all three are fully factored.

People will bang on about the supposed lack of patience (which isn't as much as people make out) but why shouldn't you be expected to get strong results with the backing our managers get? It's rule 101 in any business, the more resources you get the better the job you're expected to do.

Refreshing self-awareness from the manager for sure.

Sounds like he's learned from the mistakes of previous managers at this club (Mourinho, Conte and even Lampard) and from his own experience at Dortmund and PSG as well.

For me there are a few occassions where you get a really good feeling about a manager early on. Like Mourinho annoucing himself as the "Special One" in 2004 and Conte as the "tailor" in 2016. Tuchel is giving me the same feeling and long may it continue.

I think he loves the squad and that's a great start. I think it fits him and it's a young squad who's going to get better and better going forward. Think Tuchel himself is excited for the future with it, and I think we should be too.