Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

I think he loves the squad and that's a great start. I think it fits him and it's a young squad who's going to get better and better going forward. Think Tuchel himself is excited for the future with it, and I think we should be too.

Our squad is filled with young ambitious, hardworking talents that tries their hardest mixed with champions that are always professional.

His previous jobs had boards that were more content being Bayern's feeder club (Dortmund) or had very average players (Mainz) or a bunch of primadonnas that despite playing in a poor league (PSG) still had the gall to take day offs for birthdays and sister's birthdays or whatever (Neymar)

What's not to love about Chelsea FC and our players?

6 minutes ago, Sindre said:

I think he loves the squad and that's a great start. I think it fits him and it's a young squad who's going to get better and better going forward. Think Tuchel himself is excited for the future with it, and I think we should be too.

We've got an excellent squad in my opinion and that's partly why i eventually became so vocal in saying a change was needed in the dugout.

I've got that much belief in this squad (and Tuchel) that I feel we're well placed to challenge even if we conspire to have an underwhelming window.

On 11/05/2021 at 16:54, axman2526 said:

Have to admit I am kinda of surprised that we have not seen @Slojo and @Brutos around. They were very much pro getting rid if Frank and argued with a few of us that backed him. I was expecting them to be about. Maybe they are waiting to see how the finals go.

They got banned as I did for observing and noting the manner it was done seemed improper. Wonder why or when my ban was lifted. Just tried it one day and it worked. 

I like to talk about Chelsea with fellow fans. Getting older now, it's one of the last few passions from the childhood days that still fill me with almost the same fire. 

Not scared of bans though. I welcome intelligent even though controversial viewpoints. We dont have to agree about things, I and Slojo didn't most times, but they brought a lot to the table in terms of discourse. The bans at the time I felt were harsh. I still hold that view. 

Posted (edited)
On 11/05/2021 at 17:38, Argo said:

I don't play the I told you so game because we're all Chelsea fans and act and think in what we believe is best for the club. I got it right this time but there's also times i got it wrong (I strongly believed AVB would have came good for example).

However would I honestly blame someone who was also "Lampard out" enjoying ending up on the right side of this after some of the stick dished out at the time? Not really because let's be honest if this worked out the other way round it would have been unbearable (it's bad enough when we drop points).

It never is or was for me Lampard in or out. Just argued for the case of not being partial which is hard to do when it's a Legend in charge; and not his fault for calling on all that equity and goodwill he had built up. 

Like I want with players, managers should be good enough for Chelsea quality. Wasn't his fault he was appointed but it was 100% not out of merit. 

I never even argued for a winner or "top" manager, just someone qualified at that level. There should be no gloating or any joy in it, at the end of the day we all want the same thing. Chelsea's success. By nature we all have sentiments and they all differ so not surprised some preferred stability and managerial longevity at the risk of short term failure but hey ho, soldiers come soldiers go, the barrack is alway there. 

Edited by abister1

3 hours ago, Argo said:

That's a crucial part aswell, he seems fully self aware of what aspects of his character need fine tuning which means he's almost certainly making a conciense effort.

Compare that to Conte who could have broken into Roman's house, smashed it up, set it on fire with it all on camera and still have found a way to play the victim. 

The board did make a few decisions without caring to talk to Conte so I hope this doesn't happen with Tuchel even if he doesn't even have 50% of the temper and attitude like Conte and even if he's more aware of everything around him. It would benefit everyone to simply do what Man City does - identify the ideal target and then do whatever it takes to get him.

If we manage to find a world class CB for next season we could fight for the PL title judging from how Tuchel has done so far. Without a proper replacement for T.Silva we are in a huge risk to take a step back and it will be hard to keep this level going, Tuchel needs to seek to play a back 4 as well because otherwise teams might just figure us out in due time if we don't reinvent some things and for a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 we simply must sign a new CB, unless Tomori or Mbuyamba breakthrough in some amazing fashion...

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

The board did make a few decisions without caring to talk to Conte so I hope this doesn't happen with Tuchel even if he doesn't even have 50% of the temper and attitude like Conte and even if he's more aware of everything around him. It would benefit everyone to simply do what Man City does - identify the ideal target and then do whatever it takes to get him.

If we manage to find a world class CB for next season we could fight for the PL title judging from how Tuchel has done so far. Without a proper replacement for T.Silva we are in a huge risk to take a step back and it will be hard to keep this level going, Tuchel needs to seek to play a back 4 as well because otherwise teams might just figure us out in due time if we don't reinvent some things and for a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 we simply must sign a new CB, unless Tomori or Mbuyamba breakthrough in some amazing fashion...

I also think that we still need a DM. Jorginho has grown into that position but he is the only cover that the defensive line gets. Neither Kova, Kante or Gilmour (I think he is too creative and skilful to sit back, and he has played better with Jorginho than with Kante) are going to stay back, so we need some cover in that position for Jorginho. I think Rice was playing quite well this season, but he may not be available. I don’t know of any other, but I think we are lacking there some back up.

2 hours ago, abister1 said:

They got banned as I did for observing and noting the manner it was done seemed improper. Wonder why or when my ban was lifted. Just tried it one day and it worked. 

I like to talk about Chelsea with fellow fans. Getting older now, it's one of the last few passions from the childhood days that still fill me with almost the same fire. 

Not scared of bans though. I welcome intelligent even though controversial viewpoints. We dont have to agree about things, I and Slojo didn't most times, but they brought a lot to the table in terms of discourse. The bans at the time I felt were harsh. I still hold that view. 

From this I think you are someone who is not afraid to have a disagreement?

If so I would like to get your opinion on something

I think 2+2=5

Change my mind

😉

14 minutes ago, RMH said:

I also think that we still need a DM. Jorginho has grown into that position but he is the only cover that the defensive line gets. Neither Kova, Kante or Gilmour (I think he is too creative and skilful to sit back, and he has played better with Jorginho than with Kante) are going to stay back, so we need some cover in that position for Jorginho. I think Rice was playing quite well this season, but he may not be available. I don’t know of any other, but I think we are lacking there some back up.

I agree with all that and I have said this myself a couple of times in different threads - Gilmour has the playstyle similar to Kovacic so all 3 of them are at their best while having more freedom either with the ball or like in Kante's case just to roam and read the game.

I would go for Ndidi for example and let them fight for the starting lineup because part from Jorginho we lack a classical DM. I honestly believe that Werner can improve his finishing and Havertz and Pulisic will only get better so if it was me I would prioritize a new world class CB whoever that might be and a DM like you say.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

it will be hard to keep this level going, Tuchel needs to seek to play a back 4 as well because otherwise teams might just figure us out in due time if we don't reinvent some things and for a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 we simply must sign a new CB

In what way the is 3 CB system more likely to get figured out than the 2 CB system?

My impression, for what it’s worth, is that we are over reliant on fast counters, so might at some point  need a plan B against deep defences. But I don’t see how this problem is solved by back 4.

As for defensive flexibility - I feel we have it already: the WB vary between fairly defensive ones and wide forwards 🙂 depending on plan/strategy/requirements.

14 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I agree with all that and I have said this myself a couple of times in different threads - Gilmour has the playstyle similar to Kovacic so all 3 of them are at their best while having more freedom either with the ball or like in Kante's case just to roam and read the game.

I would go for Ndidi for example and let them fight for the starting lineup because part from Jorginho we lack a classical DM. I honestly believe that Werner can improve his finishing and Havertz and Pulisic will only get better so if it was me I would prioritize a new world class CB whoever that might be and a DM like you say.

I still think we would need a striker as Giroud is leaving and probably Tammy too. We can cover Werner with Havertz, but I’d invest on a quality striker with different qualities to Werner. 

Just now, _Ilya_ said:

In what way the is 3 CB system more likely to get figured out than the 2 CB system?

My impression, for what it’s worth, is that we are over reliant on fast counters, so might at some point  need a plan B against deep defences. But I don’t see how this problem is solved by back 4.

As for defensive flexibility - I feel we have it already: the WB vary between fairly defensive ones and wide forwards 🙂 depending on plan/strategy/requirements.

Given enough time every tactic gets cracked down and while our current players fit in this system if we want to keep getting better it's almost a must to further invest in defense and to be able to have that flexibility and to change the formation. Right now it's a risk to play with 2 CBs without T.Silva, too many players rely on someone else to cover them so in a back 3 we rarely get punished when Rudiger goes forward for example and Azpilicueta can rely on his experience and not on his pace and that helps him a whole lot. But no system is perfect and to have real wingers or an extra man in the midfield well that would make us a more effective team in the long run specially against the smaller teams that we should be winning comfortably.

If we keep playing the same thing, it's only a matter of time when the current effectiveness of this tactic stops working IMO. We do have good full backs that can offer the same quality in offense but we do lack a CB, specially once T.Silva leaves. I mean I can't see us challenging Man City for the PL title with Zouma, Rudiger and Christensen and this season for example Liverpool didn't have Van Dijk but when he comes back from injury Liverpool will automatically improve as well.

Posted (edited)

Alan smith, what a boring f**king commentator, the best thing about him is the skit on Soccer AM, Bore off, just like your Arsenal

"Heres wun for ya roitttt, Arsenal are sh*ttt"

Edited by Ballack & Blu

Posted (edited)

I like Tuchel but tonight’s not the first time he’s shown he’s an absolute bottle merchant when it comes to senior players. It doesn’t matter how sh*te some of our senior players are, he’ll took the better performing youngsters off instead. Criminal that Gilmour was taken off and Jorginho played the entire 90 minutes despite being absolutely woeful.

Sick to death of the false 9 sh*te as well, for every 1 good performance we have with it, we have 5 where we look f**king dreadful.
continuing with 5 at the back when we are chasing a goal is bizarre as well. Take a defender off and stick another attacker on. What difference does it make if we lose 1-0 or 2-0? Would prefer we at east try and get back in the game. We could have played until tomorrow night and not scored. First time those c**ts have beaten us at Stamford bridge in about 9 years.

Edited by EdinburghBlue

Well, serious questions after tonight. Worst performance of the season, worse than arse away and worse than the WBA thrashing. Never been a fan of this "false 9" nonsense, play a striker!

At this point in a season, beating city away means absolutely nothing when it's followed by a performance like that. We saw what those around us did to put pressure on us in the other games this week and we failed to step up and answer.

Subs were shocking, hooked our best player and didn't put anyone into the box until over an hour was gone.

After the weekend there was real confidence about how the end of our season could go, now, after that? I'm terrified if we play anything like that again!

I've backed Tuchel to the moon and back but this loss along with Kai and Jorgino is on him. Shouldve gone full strength, started a striker and made better subs. Didn't do any of those and we lose because of it.

Some weird decisions tonight.

firstly not even having Kante on the bench. 2 left backs instead of Tammy on the bench .

mount (our main danger first half) pushed deeper and taking off Billy who had a good half. 

And also if we are going to continue with this back 3 lark next season we need to sign a player who can use his left foot! 

5 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I like Tuchel but tonight’s not the first time he’s shown he’s an absolute bottle merchant when it comes to senior players. It doesn’t matter how sh*te some of our senior players are, he’ll took the better performing youngsters off instead. Criminal that Gilmour was taken off and Jorginho played the entire 90 minutes despite being absolutely woeful.

I actually agree it was the wrong decision but why is his decisions with the young one's being microanalysed all the time?

Against Leicester in the cup last season Lampard also took Gilmour off at half time aswell as Mount and James and left on senior players just as complicit on.

He has his part but I don't blame him. He rotates the players and tries to keep them in form. We were dominant and had chances to score, we just failed and it's not Tuchel's fault.

I think one thing he got wrong, Ziyech should have been the first substitutions to come in, he's the player that can break defensive lines with a through ball and shoot out of the box.

Hudson Odoi was good in the last game, he got his chance today. Giroud had his chance as well. The reason he kept Jorginho is his experience and leadership in the center, Gilmour and Mount as our two midfielders could be worse. I'm not saying Jorginho was good but I believe this was his thinking of brining Gilmour off.

The second problem is plan B. When everything works well, then it's easy to play and it's enjoyable. But when your opponent closes you up, we might try a different offensive tactic or even formation during counter attacks. 

We played without Rudiger, Kante, Kovacic, Werner. I believe with those players we could put a much different performance, but I understand the rotation he has made.

Let's hope we will get the points in the league to keep our top 4 spot.

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

I actually agree it was the wrong decision but why is his decisions with the young one's being microanalysed all the time?

Against Leicester in the cup last season Lampard also took Gilmour off at half time aswell as Mount and James and left on senior players just as complicit on.

Because it’s not a one off and it doesn’t happen with the older players? I’m not comparing him to Frank. I’m taking about Tuchel in isolation. It’s not good in my opinion. It should be performance based, regardless of your price tag or status. But to answer, because it’s not a one off with TT - he’s done this before a few times this year. The young players are always the first to be hooked even if they’re not the worst performers.

8 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Sick to death of the false 9 sh*te as well, for every 1 good performance we have with it, we have 5 where we look f**king dreadful.
continuing with 5 at the back when we are chasing a goal is bizarre as well. Take a defender off and stick another attacker on. What difference does it make if we lose 1-0 or 2-0? Would prefer we at east try and get back in the game. We could have played until tomorrow night and not scored. First time those c**ts have beaten us at Stamford bridge in about 9 years.

Rubbish.

First of all we had to have someone with defensive fibres in midfield. Gilmour or Mount doesn't so that's why Jorginho had to stay on.

As a matter of fact I believe Gilmour earned Tuchel's trust in that first half. He was terrific and I have no doubt Tuchel saw that as well. So he harshly had to come off because we wanted more firepower from deep (Mount) while keeping someone good at interceptions and positioning on the field as well (Jorginho).

He also brought on a youngster for the one he took off. So it's not like he's not trusting the youngsters. Unfortunately CHO had a horrible cameo.

2 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

From this I think you are someone who is not afraid to have a disagreement?

If so I would like to get your opinion on something

I think 2+2=5

Change my mind

😉

That’s just a basic Southampton education.