Official Thomas Tuchel

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Because it’s not a one off and it doesn’t happen with the older players? I’m not comparing him to Frank. I’m taking about Tuchel in isolation. It’s not good in my opinion. It should be performance based, regardless of your price tag or status. But to answer, because it’s not a one off with TT - he’s done this before a few times this year. The young players are always the first to be hooked even if they’re not the worst performers.

Maybe not (although it wasn't a one off as Gilmour should have been playing over Kante on merit at that moment in time but wasn't) but the point i was making is if his decisions got microanalysed the same way he'd have quite a big "rapsheet" aswell (and that's without factoring Tomori in my thought process).

Also if it was all about pricetag why is Mount the one attacking untouchable out of all the array of expensive superstars? Why hasn't he found an excuse to make Kepa number one again? Especially with his run of clean sheets before tonight.

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Rubbish.

First of all we had to have someone with defensive fibres in midfield. Gilmour or Mount doesn't so that's why Jorginho had to stay on.

As a matter of fact I believe Gilmour earned Tuchel's trust in that first half. He was terrific and I have no doubt Tuchel saw that as well. So he harshly had to come off because we wanted more firepower from deep (Mount) while keeping someone good at interceptions and positioning on the field as well (Jorginho).

He also brought on a youngster for the one he took off. So it's not like he's not trusting the youngsters. Unfortunately CHO had a horrible cameo.

Bollocks. Jorginho defensive fibre? You’ve got to be kidding? Maybe when we sit deep he can cut passing lanes but when we’re pressing high he doesn’t have the physical attributes to cover ground.

When has Mount ever played particularly well when playing deep in a two for us? Not a single game comes to mind. He was involved a lot in the first half and barely got involved in the second.

Are you intentionally failing to understand? It’s not about who he replaced him with. It’s about the player who was hooked. If that was one of the youngsters who put in that shocker in the first half and directly cost a goal you can guarantee they’d have been hooked at half time and not given the full 90 minutes to continue their sh*te performance in the second half.

Tickle has dropped a clanger today. He’s got the wrong starting line up and his subs made it worse. If he plays Kepa in the Cup Final we will struggle vs Leicester. I know it was Jorginho who passed back but IMO it’s a psychological issue as well. I know if I was a chelsea defender or in the double pivot I’d be far more confident with Ed in goal than Kepa. My example to back this up is the last home game vs Brighton when Kepa started was nil nil that day but the same lackluster performance was seen. 

The starting lineup should have been enough. Not on him that Kai misses a great chance, Mount misses 2 good ones and Jorgi sets them up for their goal.

However the subs are on him. We were poor in the first half but every change he made, made us worse. 

1 minute ago, Argo said:

Maybe not (although it wasn't a one off as Gilmour should have been playing over Kante on merit at that moment in time but wasn't) but the point i was making is if his decisions got microanalysed the same way he'd have quite a big "rapsheet" aswell (and that's without factoring Tomori in my thought process).

Also if it was all about pricetag why is Mount the one attacking untouchable out of all the array of expensive superstars? Why hasn't he found an excuse to make Kepa number one again? Especially with his run of clean sheets before tonight.

They did? Have a look at everyone complaining about the treatment off senior players like Jorgi and Rudi? Bit weird your instant response to a criticism of TT is to bring up Frank - were you not one of the ones telling us to move on?!

You’re misunderstanding, I’m not saying he’ll only start them. What I’m saying is when it comes time to hook someone, the youngsters are always first in the firing line, even when you have senior players like Jorginho stinking the place out.

Just now, axman2526 said:

Last week we were celebrating beat Real with a magnificent display. One week later...

What will the board think if we go from here to 5th and 2 runners up medals?

I honestly think we will secure top 4 but at the expense of a CL win due to tired legs and maybe players carrying some injuries. The FA Cup final is the least important game for this club

Just now, Munkworth said:

I’m very happy with the system, the less educated Scummers are the better. You can read and write, you must be like a god back there. 

Yes but it has given me a false perception of life. One of the reasons I'm so grateful for skates like you to keep me grounded

Hug GIF

Bollocks. Jorginho defensive fibre? You’ve got to be kidding? Maybe when we sit deep he can cut passing lanes but when we’re pressing high he doesn’t have the physical attributes to cover ground.

When has Mount ever played particularly well when playing deep in a two for us? Not a single game comes to mind. He was involved a lot in the first half and barely got involved in the second.

Are you intentionally failing to understand? It’s not about who he replaced him with. It’s about the player who was hooked. If that was one of the youngsters who put in that shocker in the first half and directly cost a goal you can guarantee they’d have been hooked at half time and not given the full 90 minutes to continue their sh*te performance in the second half.

Compared to Gilmour he's excellent defensively. No doubt about it.

Mount was slightly deeper but Arsenal was so low that he was basically playing in his normal position anyways. I thought it was a sensible move from the manager.

And your last paragraph is such a myth. Billy Gilmour had a shocker against Fulham a week and a half ago. Yet he finished the entire match and he also started both following league games. So how do you line that up with what you are saying?

It's so tedious. Instead of giving the manager credit for starting a teenager in three Premier League games in a row we are going to get entirely hung up on the same teenager being substituted at half time in one of them while finishing the entire 95 minutes in the other two?

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Mount was slightly deeper but Arsenal was so low that he was basically playing in his normal position anyways. I thought it was a sensible move from the manager.

And your last paragraph is such a myth. Billy Gilmour had a shocker against Fulham a week and a half ago. Yet he finished the entire match and he also started both following league games. So how do you line that up with what you are saying?

It's so tedious. Instead of giving the manager credit for starting a teenager in three Premier League games in a row we are going to get entirely hung up on the same teenager being substituted at half time in one of them while finishing the entire 95 minutes in the other two?

What’s with this boring rhetoric that Tuchel is immune to criticism. He’s just been on sky and admitted he made a mistake with the starting 11. So you want us to all praise him unconditionally even when he acknowledges he made mistakes himself? People didn’t have a problem sticking the boot in on Frank but can’t take a bit of criticism towards Tuchel when it’s perfectly warranted, bizarre.

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

The starting lineup should have been enough. Not on him that Kai misses a great chance, Mount misses 2 good ones and Jorgi sets them up for their goal.

However the subs are on him. We were poor in the first half but every change he made, made us worse. 

It's on him when we don't have a striker on the pitch and the other players continue to totally balls up great chances, and not just... not score those chances, but totally fluff it! Our finishing is appalling.

5 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I honestly think we will secure top 4 but at the expense of a CL win due to tired legs and maybe players carrying some injuries. The FA Cup final is the least important game for this club

No way around it if we lose two finals it will make what has been really good feel so awful 

What’s with this boring rhetoric that Tuchel is immune to criticism. He’s just been on sky and admitted he made a mistake with the starting 11. So you want us to all praise him unconditionally even when he acknowledges he made mistakes himself? People didn’t have a problem sticking the boot in on Frank but can’t take a bit of criticism towards Tuchel when it’s perfectly warranted, bizarre.

Don't have a problem with criticism.

But the constant whining about Tuchel supposedly treating the young lads different is tedious. 

Deserves immense credit for taking us to where our season is now, but still tinkers with things a little too much if we want to fight for the title. There really are no easy 3pts in the EPL.

Personally, I'd have played the first team tonight to a man, get the 3pts and try to secure top 4 (bar a miracle for the other teams). I know Kepa wasn't culpable for the mistake, but switching the goalkeeper - arguably motm in the past two games- at this stage of the season seems rash. 

From a negative viewpoint, lost the double against the worst Arsenal side in living memory. Positive, win five games and we secure a third place finish and a cup double, arguably the best ever short-term impact a manager has had. Over to you Tommy T. 

(Not too bothered about Arsenal's recent run against us, we battered them in Baku when it really mattered)

Just now, Sindre said:

Don't have a problem with criticism.

But the constant whining about Tuchel supposedly treating the young lads different is tedious. 

Out of interest who would you have hooked at half time?

2 minutes ago, charierre said:

Out of interest who would you have hooked at half time?

I would probably have brought on Emerson for Zouma. Thought the latter stuck out as a sore thumb on the ball and in our build-up and general play. And Werner for Pulisic and potentially Ziyech for Jorginho or Gilmour.

5 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

No way around it if we lose two finals it will make what has been really good feel so awful 

Finishing top 4 will soften the blow. We get another chance next season. The City game now I just can't see how we win that if we need to beat Villa to secure top 4.

8 hours ago, Sindre said:

Starting Gilmour tonight means f**k all when we're losing, playing terribly, Gilmour is by far our best player on the night and...... you take him off. At half time.....

You're defending the indefensible here. Tuchel f**ked up and couldn't see the obvious that we all could.