Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

Sometimes I wonder whether Tuchel is more concerned about keeping the team happy than he is about getting results. I can understand starting ziyech and Alonso since on any other day they could have given us match winners however there was no reason to start kepa and that may have just cost us the final.

The problem is not lose the final, but the line up that Tuchel choose. Nobody stars a final with Kepa and Alonso.

Ok, the goal its not Kepa fault, but just the presence of him and not Mendy is not the same to the team. Its psychological thing

the same happened agains Arsenal. Kepa just can't play again in this type of games. its impossible. 

1 minute ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Sometimes I wonder whether Tuchel is more concerned about keeping the team happy than he is about getting results. I can understand starting ziyech and Alonso since on any other day they could have given us match winners however there was no reason to start kepa and that may have just cost us the final.

What we did with the ball in our possession is what lost us the game, not Kepa.

Just now, jack h said:

Or didn't do, more to the point. So slow and ponderous, Jorginho dicking about with the ball only to pass it backwards anyway, like we all know he will. Tedious, abysmal football. 

1 minute ago, jack h said:

That’s fair but I honestly feel big games like these are defined by fine margins especially in a match like this where little was created from both sides. If Leicester started their second keeper no way he would have saved the chances we got at the end of the game. 

We have not been a competitive since Conte's title winning season.

The longest we've gone without winning the league has been 5 years (2010>2015). I wonder what Abramovich is thinking right now. Because I dont see us challenging with our recruitment policy. Whether its Marina who has had a prominent role in the last 5 seasons or someone else directing, our player recruitment it's been abysmal. Serious steps need to be made in the summer. We have been unlucky with managers with Conte moaning his way out of the club, Sarri choosing to leave and Lampard being thrown under the bus. Tuchel has messed up in the last 2 games but he's shown to be tactically superior to his predecessors. Let's see how the club acts in the summer. 

By not taking the Arsenal seriously, Tuchel has messed with the momentum of the team. He really needs to find a way to get it back. 

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

We have not been a competitive since Conte's title winning season.

The longest we've gone without winning the league has been 5 years (2010>2015). I wonder what Abramovich is thinking right now. Because I dont see us challenging with our recruitment policy. Whether its Marina who has had a prominent role in the last 5 seasons or someone else directing, our player recruitment it's been abysmal. Serious steps need to be made in the summer. We have been unlucky with managers with Conte moaning his way out of the club, Sarri choosing to leave and Lampard being thrown under the bus. Tuchel has messed up in the last 2 games but he's shown to be tactically superior to his predecessors. Let's see how the club acts in the summer. 

The recruitment is fine. Timo, Ziyech and Havertz had outstanding records.

But past performance is not indicative of future success.

1 minute ago, Sexyfootball said:

We simply don't score enough goals.

In 28 of our 56 games this season we've had 0 or 1 goal scored ... a top side doesn't perform like that. The miracle is that we've done as well as we have.

We’ve also missed the most chances in the league last I’ve checked. Our defensive record is really what has been winning us games, a clinical striker has to be our priority this summer.

Posted (edited)

If we win Tuesday. All forgiven. Tuesday is the bigger game. 

As much as I hate to say it. Today was a luxury game. Tuesday is the biggest league game we've had in years. 

If we drop points, it's out of our hands. Being in the Europa League after this CL run? That would be the real kicker. We need to keep the momentum going to progress. Can't afford a step backwards.

Edited by JoeyN

3 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

We simply don't score enough goals.

In 28 of our 56 games this season we've had 0 or 1 goal scored ... a top side doesn't perform like that. The miracle is that we've done as well as we have.

Agreed, its not just scoring goals though, too many of our players keep it safe too often. Only Pulisic was looking to dribble past players. Tuchel doesn't help with our lack of goals by the team he selected though.

We won against Man City after behind behind but I have a strong feeling that scenario simply won't happen in the CL final, Pep will automatically defend deeper like Leicester and then the game is an enigma for us. So I can expect a tight game just like this one in the FA Cup final but if they score first I think we're going to lose.

3 minutes ago, Deino said:

I'd say he's got it right. Our recruitment since getting shot of Emenalo has largely been shocking, ironic given how everyone thought he was the anti-christ!

5 minutes ago, Deino said:

The recruitment is more than questionable. From Bakayoko to Kepa. Ziyech was comfortable in the Dutch league with no big teams going after him unlike De Ligt and other stars from that Ajax team. More than ability it's also about mentality. Ziyech couldn't muster any intensity to his game in a cup final. 

I'd say he's got it right. Our recruitment since getting shot of Emenalo has largely been shocking, ironic given how everyone thought he was the anti-christ!

And how has he done post Chelsea.

2 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

If we win Tuesday. All forgiven. Tuesday is the bigger game. 

As much as I hate to say it. Today was a luxury game. Tuesday is the biggest league game we've had in years. 

If we drop points, it's out of our hands. Being in the Europa League after this CL run? That would be the real kicker. We need to keep the momentum going to progress. Can't afford a step backwards.

Totally the wrong attitude and probably sums up why we lost today. This was a cup final, tuesday isn't. Also, the only reason Tuesday is a big game is because we didn't take the arsenal game seriously.

This summer we recruited one of Germany's top scorer, Ajax's best player and one of Germany's best young talent if not the best.

Only during that Conte summer was where we fecked up.

You're telling me Marina can prophesize who is going to score 50 goals a season and chose not to sign the bloke?

Just now, jack h said:

Totally the wrong attitude and probably sums up why we lost today. This was a cup final, tuesday isn't. Also, the only reason Tuesday is a big game is because we didn't take the arsenal game seriously.

Sooo...you agree with me? 

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The recruitment is more than questionable. From Bakayoko to Kepa. Ziyech was comfortable in the Dutch league with no big teams going after him unlike De Ligt and other stars from that Ajax team. More than ability it's also about mentality. Ziyech couldn't muster any intensity to his game in a cup final. 

That summer was a clusterfeck. 

This summer has been well. Last year we got Pulisic and Kova arguably one of our best forward and our second best midfielder.

You're telling me Marina can predict Ziyech's performance a year in advance? The agenda against our board is nonsensical

1 minute ago, Deino said:

This summer we recruited one of Germany's top scorer, Ajax's best player and one of Germany's best young talent if not the best.

Only during that Conte summer was where we fecked up.

You're telling me Marina can prophesize who is going to score 50 goals a season and chose not to sign the bloke?

I'm not necessarily talking about this season's recruits, though the warning regarding Werner and Ziyech look to be true. The overall quality of players we get compared to what we're spending is poor, it's that simple.