Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

2 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Genuine question, what fluid interchanging attacking football have you been watching? We have been awful to watch for the most part under TT minus a few exceptions ala Madrid & City but mostly it is very boring and we just pass the ball about in front of the opposition. It’s not about Abraham being as good as Haaland - it’s about having someone in the team who can score goals and he’s the best player in the club at the moment at doing it.

I strongly disagree. Finishing have let us down.

And I am not one to use statistics all that often. But we have had more shots on target than any side since Tuchel took over. Also top for chances created in that time.

We don't score nearly enough. But we create plenty and unfortunately the manager can't put the ball in the net for our players.

15 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Not a popular opinion  but if we drop the top 4 and lose the CL final then I think TT should go.

We moved on Frank as being nearly men and far away is not enough.

So to get us in to the position of top 4 being in our hands and being in 2 cup finals, and to then follow that with losing two cup finals and dropping the top 4 on the back on his PSG losing the last CL final makes him seem like a manager who chokes at the last stage and for me that would be dismal.

And bring in who? I think he deserves a full season. He's shown that he can at least recover us from a bad state and get us challenging for the top honours. We only have one more hurdle to climb which may not happen this season but we had many more hurdles to climb under Frank. Dont think it's time to call quite on TT just yet, although yes if we fail to get top 4 and lose the CL, it would be a massive failure. Just who do we bring in?

That would be crazy to sack him if things do go that badly at the end (I don't think they will I've still got faith)

Look what he did I'm half a season, imagine what he can do with his own signings and a preseason behind him. We will be a force next season. 

His selection for the cup final was baffling, buuuut it was another repeat of a game we defended quite well in m and simply couldn't score to save our lives.

If our strikers since Costa weren't all cursed we might not be in this mess... 

The only thing that I really will have a go at TT for is the treatment of Tammy Abraham. Surely he could have played a part today?!

Regardless of what happens I hope Tuchel changes the squad in the summer because we're still seeing the remnants from Conte's 3-4-3 in terms of strengths of our players. Top 4 is the max that this squad can do right now. I was very much against Verratti as we do have Kovacic and Gilmour but now I'm willing to accept anything just to move forward from this back 3 formation, we're the only so called big team that plays this formation on a regular basis...

14 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

And bring in who? I think he deserves a full season. He's shown that he can at least recover us from a bad state and get us challenging for the top honours. We only have one more hurdle to climb which may not happen this season but we had many more hurdles to climb under Frank. Dont think it's time to call quite on TT just yet, although yes if we fail to get top 4 and lose the CL, it would be a massive failure. Just who do we bring in?

Does not matter who we bring in to me mate. Here is the thing, we moved on Frank as he was not going to be able to repeat getting us top 4 like he did last season and we were not going to accept that and give him more time to develop his team. That was failure to club and not accepted, so he was sacked.

TT has shown an expierenced manager can do better with these players. He took us to 3rd, and has us in 2 finals. If we go from third to fifth and miss out on the CL after losing to City am sorry that is still failure and would be hypocritical of the board and Roman to put up with it. It would be worse than Frank achieved in his first season. Reaching a final means nothing if you lose it.

Make no bones about it. If we do not beat Leicester liverpool will overtake us, all of their last 3 are against sides with nothing to play for, and we saw how much Burnley cared about pride today.

Ironic we dropped 2 big games in a row after the talk of a Tuchel contract renew, not if he's complacent, but just a distraction we don't need. As far as team selection and rotation goes, change half a team and expect the win simply won't work now, we don't even have a first 11 sorted let alone players could come in and do the same job. I do think Tuchel is over thinking in the last 2 games, just play your best 11 and leave nothing behind. He's picking the team with the next game on his mind, when he could have just used the one game at a time cliche.

4 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

Did you think the same 5 days ago?

Yeah I’ve been carrying it for a while. Like I can’t complain about the results. We’ve been churning them out and he has completely re-energized our defence. But watching Tuchels Chelsea lacks any sort of excitement. It’s slow boring football, but as I say, it brings wins so shouldn’t complain. Then tie in the fact that he allowed Kepa to ever pull on a Chelsea shirt again. Unforgivable to me. Then to top it off, he tried to cast out all of our youth with an experience over youth policy, that saw Mount, CHO and Abraham dropped. Whilst all of our attack consistently falters, CHO and Abraham still don’t get a look in. He had to eat sh*t with Mount because he proved too vital to drop. Even Reece has seen his game time reduced.

He knows football a lot more than I do and is much better at the job than I ever would be but his treatment of Abraham and CHO, his style of football and his apparent ignorance towards the worlds worst goalkeeper means if he left tomorrow I wouldn’t be upset and in a lifetime of supporting this club, I’ve never felt that way about a manager. 

Any way just my opinion and I’m sure he won’t lose any sleep over something so insignificant.

If he loses on the 29th & we finish outside the top 4 Avram Grant will have had a better season when he came in after a sacking. Just saying ! 
I txt a very old friend in UK midweek when he announced Kepa would play today, congratulating him in advance for the win today. Just something about that little weasel in goal, he’s bad luck and Herr Tuchel has just found that out the hard way. 

I dont understand TT post-game comments saying how unlucky we were to lose the game.  OK our biggest grief was the handball that wasn't called, which we know these handball calls are 50/50 and who the knows when or if it will be called.

We created absolutely NOTHING for 70 minutes!! How can you win like that?  Trying to win every game 1-  nil.  Zero margin for error. Zero creativity, we deserved nothing.  

I think what the game ultinately came down to was a bad selection, not enough attacking power in the side. Then he threw everyone on in the last 20 minutes and the dynamic of the game changed, we had chances, we almost equalised. He should of been more courageous at the start, and looking back its what cost us the cup. Its so frustrating and heartbreaking to lose yet another FA Cup final.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Does not matter who we bring in to me mate. Here is the thing, we moved on Frank as he was not going to be able to repeat getting us top 4 like he did last season and we were not going to accept that and give him more time to develop his team. That was failure to club and not accepted, so he was sacked.

TT has shown an expierenced manager can do better with these players. He took us to 3rd, and has us in 2 finals. If we go from third to fifth and miss out on the CL after losing to City am sorry that is still failure and would be hypocritical of the board and Roman to put up with it. It would be worse than Frank achieved in his first season. Reaching a final means nothing if you lose it.

Make no bones about it. If we do not beat Leicester liverpool will overtake us, all of their last 3 are against sides with nothing to play for, and we saw how much Burnley cared about pride today.

It must be said that Tuchel did an amazing job overall to even get us in this position but if we blow it all away now he won't look that amazing despite turning the whole season around in a record time. The FA Cup final defeat hurts but what it also does it is that I don't feel that confident about beating Leicester in the PL now either. We somehow went from this "simple goal" to a much more harder goal, multiple goals in fact, very important finals and suddenly what was reachable for Tuchel looks much more complicated now.

I can't help to think that if we hadn't reached the FA Cup and CL finals that we would have been already secured as a top 4 team and that the fans would have already been happy with the start that Tuchel has made. Imagine if we were safe in the top 4, that alone would have been more than enough for fans to be happy with Tuchel as he did the job well and we could have been making jokes about Liverpool, "fine start for Tuchel's career at Chelsea".

But now we have lost the FA Cup final again, against Leicester City that has never won it before and we are going to play against Man City that also never won the CL before either so it feels very scary, both for us as a club and I think it should be scary for Tuchel as well, I wouldn't want to be the manager to lose 2 CL finals in a row, nobody wants that dark cloud over himself and how would he win the fans over after that when everyone start to doubt him?

51 minutes ago, Oli said:

I think what the game ultinately came down to was a bad selection, not enough attacking power in the side. Then he threw everyone on in the last 20 minutes and the dynamic of the game changed, we had chances, we almost equalised. He should of been more courageous at the start, and looking back its what cost us the cup. Its so frustrating and heartbreaking to lose yet another FA Cup final.

Really is, and also agree ot is the second game in a row he got the lineup badly wrong.

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

But now we have lost the FA Cup final again, against Leicester City that has never won it before and we are going to play against Man City that also never won the CL before either so it feels very scary, both for us as a club and I think it should be scary for Tuchel as well, I wouldn't want to be the manager to lose 2 CL finals in a row, nobody wants that dark cloud over himself and how would he win the fans over after that when everyone start to doubt him?

I agree @Gol15 he is becoming a victim of his own success. Indeed had we lost to City and Real but were secure in third needing yo just draw on tuesday then beat Villa to finish third we would all be saying it was a good recovery.

The problem is he has reached those finals, and if he throws away top 4 and does not achieve the CL then he will be seen as having choked on the season end. Following on from him losing with PSG.

It is hard to recover from losing finals. I read in the fa cup final thread we have lost 8 of the last 11. Our club are becoming losers in this regard and likely that becomes 9 from 12 on may 29th.

That is very hard to recover from, and of we drop top 4 at the same time, I honestly do not feel he deserves to stay. 

The club made our position very clear when Frank was sacked. Almost is not good enough, regarding being in the CL. So for us to have 3rd place well in hand and throw it away and finish 5th, no not good enough from an expierenced manager.

In the Tammy Abraham thread notnowjim shared a tweet from Tammys girlfriend pointing out TT hypocrisy.

Tammy's goals on the early rounds help us reach the fa cup final, far more so than anything Kepa or Alonso did, and arguably more than Ziyech bar his winner vs City. Yet TT specifically states Kepa deserves it for what he did to see is there, which is basically watch David McGoldrick and Gabriel Jesus fluff their lines, yet tammy, who actually scored goals to help us through some rounds, did not even make the squad.

Very hypocritical imo.

I don’t think he valued this game as much as wanted everybody to think. 
Those saying Kepa wasn’t at fault for the goal, we he had a clear view of it, it came from distance, and he has previous of not being to deal with anything from distance. I don’t know why the keeper is rotated anyway. It’s a cup final, play Mendy. 

I’d be willing to bet large that TT will be here next season even if we lose all our remaining games. Roman is utterly ruthless but also pretty rational, and will know that there are insufficient grounds for sacking him, that there may not be anyone better out there, and that TT has achieved enough to warrant being given a full season. @axman2526talks about TT being a victim of his own success in reaching those two finals as they may cost us 4th place. Valid point but I think the board and Roman will factor the success of reaching those two finals into their decisions.

Another important point, I think, is that not all 4th place battles are equal. Last two seasons we were helped greatly by the teams around us choking at the business end of the season. This year the challengers are winning all their games. Also, other than perhaps Leicester who have punched above their weight (and credit to them - not enough of that being shown imo), were we MEANT to finish above those currently challenging for 4th, ie City, Liverpool and United? I know we’re supposed to hate our rivals, but let’s not forget they are all really good! In light of all the above, 4th spot this year is a tougher proposition and hence would be more of an achievement than last two seasons, which were arguably a bit of a fluke. The league overall is more competitive, which is reflected by it having two teams in the CL final.

To sum up, no matter how the run in goes, TT has got us to two finals (one of them THE biggest in club football and something that was inconceivable when he took over) and on a pro rata basis has secured top 4.

He’s not going anywhere, so we can relax on that front, unless you’re one of those that want him gone, which I think is plain nuts. 

What I find strange is prior to arsenal Tuchel could be seen ranting and raving on the touchline,but the last 2 games I haven't noticed it.I prefer a manager who let's the players know  what he feels,it's as if he has been told to reign it in.

11 hours ago, Gol15 said:

What? Win the CL and it not only compensates the previous defeats but it tops every other achievement since 2012.

Well... perhaps just and just 😉. My point was that the loss to Arsenal was really annoying.

Posted (edited)

We have been losing finals before Tuchel arrived. We have lost 8/11 finals since 2015 or somrthing like that. All over twitter. Turned into spurs

Edited by Valhalla

54 minutes ago, Bluesince66 said:

What I find strange is prior to arsenal Tuchel could be seen ranting and raving on the touchline,but the last 2 games I haven't noticed it.I prefer a manager who let's the players know  what he feels,it's as if he has been told to reign it in.

I noticed this too. It's weird. 

Could it also be due to camera work? Maybe when Tuchel was new the media deemed his behaviour more interesting to the viewer than now when everyone is used to him?  

1 minute ago, reparto corse said:

I noticed this too. It's weird. 

Could it also be due to camera work? Maybe when Tuchel was new the media deemed his behaviour more interesting to the viewer than now when everyone is used to him?  

It is strange, when it's in your nature like we saw previously and he is known for, he has just seemed subdued.