Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

4 hours ago, axman2526 said:

In the Tammy Abraham thread notnowjim shared a tweet from Tammys girlfriend pointing out TT hypocrisy.

Tammy's goals on the early rounds help us reach the fa cup final, far more so than anything Kepa or Alonso did, and arguably more than Ziyech bar his winner vs City. Yet TT specifically states Kepa deserves it for what he did to see is there, which is basically watch David McGoldrick and Gabriel Jesus fluff their lines, yet tammy, who actually scored goals to help us through some rounds, did not even make the squad.

Very hypocritical imo.

There have probably been a lot of stuff happening behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Could have been a falling out between them, wouldn't surprise me at least. Could also be Tammy feeling entitled instead of knuckling down and work as hard as Tuchel wants him to in training.

1 hour ago, Bluesince66 said:

It is strange, when it's in your nature like we saw previously and he is known for, he has just seemed subdued. 

He was literally barking at Mount in the 2nd half

It is laughable how Kepa gets a start yet Abraham not even involved.

He’s a hypocrite and he also likes to pick on the young players, after Gilmour MOTM performance!

This week is all on Tuchel who should have done a lot better. If he doesn’t win any trophies this season, he’s under the risk of being called a bottler.

Let’s hope he sorts himself out for the last few games.

We should have started with our best xi on the pitch for every game from Arsenal onward, and kept them in their best positions. Azpilicueta in front of James on the wing, wtf ?? Jorginho starts after that sh*t show against Arse, wtf ?? Mendy left out, just to be fair to Kepa. Tammy not even on the bench, wtf ??

3 hours ago, Dean said:

I’d be willing to bet large that TT will be here next season even if we lose all our remaining games. Roman is utterly ruthless but also pretty rational, and will know that there are insufficient grounds for sacking him, that there may not be anyone better out there, and that TT has achieved enough to warrant being given a full season. @axman2526talks about TT being a victim of his own success in reaching those two finals as they may cost us 4th place. Valid point but I think the board and Roman will factor the success of reaching those two finals into their decisions.

Another important point, I think, is that not all 4th place battles are equal. Last two seasons we were helped greatly by the teams around us choking at the business end of the season. This year the challengers are winning all their games. Also, other than perhaps Leicester who have punched above their weight (and credit to them - not enough of that being shown imo), were we MEANT to finish above those currently challenging for 4th, ie City, Liverpool and United? I know we’re supposed to hate our rivals, but let’s not forget they are all really good! In light of all the above, 4th spot this year is a tougher proposition and hence would be more of an achievement than last two seasons, which were arguably a bit of a fluke. The league overall is more competitive, which is reflected by it having two teams in the CL final.

To sum up, no matter how the run in goes, TT has got us to two finals (one of them THE biggest in club football and something that was inconceivable when he took over) and on a pro rata basis has secured top 4.

He’s not going anywhere, so we can relax on that front, unless you’re one of those that want him gone, which I think is plain nuts. 

Not so sure on your analysis on the fourth place Dean. You finish in the league were you deserve, win our next two games and we finish 3rd it will have been earned over the 38 games. The last two seasons have gone in our favour with others blowing their chances but equally we also did the business. Why are you stating Liverpool are really good? Given that they will have earned their own place in the top four via us or Leicester choking, you can't have it both ways.

TT will be here next season, though if we do now choke as we approach the final weeks of the season , questions will rightly be asked. Is he one of those that is always the bridesmaid? The one conundrum he has to address, is how to beat a team who uses a low block. This is what ultimately defeated Lampard and at present he is no nearer to solving.

30 minutes ago, charierre said:

Not so sure on your analysis on the fourth place Dean. You finish in the league were you deserve, win our next two games and we finish 3rd it will have been earned over the 38 games. The last two seasons have gone in our favour with others blowing their chances but equally we also did the business. Why are you stating Liverpool are really good? Given that they will have earned their own place in the top four via us or Leicester choking, you can't have it both ways.

TT will be here next season, though if we do now choke as we approach the final weeks of the season , questions will rightly be asked. Is he one of those that is always the bridesmaid? The one conundrum he has to address, is how to beat a team who uses a low block. This is what ultimately defeated Lampard and at present he is no nearer to solving.

Totally get your argument - 4th is 4th. Over the course of 38 games the league doesn’t lie. This irons out the randomness you get with a single game, like an FA cup final. But then look at where we were when TT came in. He was starting from a handicapped position. Even if we lose our last two games, we would still have outperformed Leicester and Liverpool during his tenure (I think).

Obviously, if we do badly in the run-in, everyone will say he’s a choker etc. He threw it away. That will be the narrative. But it might not be accurate. It could just be a bad run of form, with a smattering of bad luck, coming at the worst possible time. I would urge people not to jump to conclusions. If it does end badly though, and the the media and fans do jump to those conclusions, it will make a punt on Chelsea for next season all the more attractive, and that’s what I will do. Am optimistic about our prospects for next season, in case anyone didn’t notice :).

4 minutes ago, Dean said:

Totally get your argument - 4th is 4th. Over the course of 38 games the league doesn’t lie. This irons out the randomness you get with a single game, like an FA cup final. But then look at where we were when TT came in. He was starting from a handicapped position. Even if we lose our last two games, we would still have outperformed Leicester and Liverpool during his tenure (I think).

Obviously, if we do badly in the run-in, everyone will say he’s a choker etc. He threw it away. That will be the narrative. But it might not be accurate. It could just be a bad run of form, with a smattering of bad luck, coming at the worst possible time. I would urge people not to jump to conclusions. If it does end badly though, and the the media and fans do jump to those conclusions, it will make a punt on Chelsea for next season all the more attractive, and that’s what I will do. Am optimistic about our prospects for next season, in case anyone didn’t notice 🙂.

We were 5 points behind. Look how fast Liverpool have turned that around. You still haven't taken onboard that you have used the term 'choked' for other teams from previous seasons whilst failing to acknowledge if we don't now get top four we will have bottled it. Make no mistake if we end up with nothing at the end of the season it is on the team and the manager having got ourselves into a more favourable position. As I said, he as yet has not yet found a way around beating teams who set up to defend deep, this is a problem that has been evident all season.  

46 minutes ago, Sindre said:

How so?

Handing Kepa and Alonso starts for their work getting the team to the final and doesn’t even give a bench spot to Abraham who is joint top goal scorer in the tournament!

I’m pretty certain Abraham would have been more useful than Giroud who seem to have lost it.

4 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Handing Kepa and Alonso starts for their work getting the team to the final and doesn’t even give a bench spot to Abraham who is joint top goal scorer in the tournament!

I’m pretty certain Abraham would have been more useful than Giroud who seem to have lost it.

But none of us know what has happened behind the scenes. Perhaps Kepa and Alonso have worked hard in training to earn Tuchel's trust and Abraham hasn't? There could be a lot of reasons why Abraham isn't playing much.

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

We have been losing finals before Tuchel arrived. We have lost 8/11 finals since 2015 or somrthing like that. All over twitter. Turned into spurs

The glorified soccer aid isn't a trophy.

29 minutes ago, Sindre said:

But none of us know what has happened behind the scenes. Perhaps Kepa and Alonso have worked hard in training to earn Tuchel's trust and Abraham hasn't? There could be a lot of reasons why Abraham isn't playing much.

I wonder if Tomori is sitting in Milan somewhere wondering where the hell all this energy was for him?

3 minutes ago, Argo said:

I wonder if Tomori is sitting in Milan somewhere wondering where the hell all this energy was for him?

Bet he is. 

Or even Hudson Odoi when he was practically "Abraham'd" by Lampard as well since the restart last season until he got sacked. Didn't see much whining then.

Tedious whining from a lot with clear agendas.

TT has 100% IMO done enough to warrant the contract extension and we should look to give him the time we wanted for Frank. Pep and Klopp won nothing in their first seasons but Jurgen did lose an Europa league final.

Aside from the WBA fluke the only games we've lost have been by a single goal in which we failed to score. The problem remains the same we struggle to score goals regardless of who plays as a team we struggle to convert and often not always to create enough clear cut chances.

Now I love TT and I have great respect for him as a coach. His issue is perhaps he became a victim of his own hype. It doesn't take a professional coach to identify that despite Kepa's recent performances under TT he is still a limited player. To stick with him in a final was to a degree arrogant in the assumption that whilst he played bad under Frank because TT is a better coach he will perform better.  However, whilst he has played better that goal imo doesn't go in if Mendys in we've seen to many 'screamers' scores past Kepa because he just doesn't have the reach to get there. Knowing you are presenting your opponent with a weakness and still following through with this negligence.

On the other hand we don't know what the board has said to Tom, he may have been instructed to play him to build up his value and confidence.

Its easy in retrospect for us to critique his team selection but in his mind he believed that was the best 11 to get the win. Hopefully he understands Timo should only be used in conjunction with another player up top rather than through the middle by himself.

Pulisic has to start the big games no debate anymore. As a finisher he is the best in the squad at this moment in time I can confidently say that. 

It has to be said though that playing against a deep block will always be this squads undoing, Ziyech has yet to provide the spark to unlock these defences consistently and therefore we still need a player that can pass through the lines accurately and consistently.

Jorginho is now burnt out but has been good overall and deserves a rest luckily our best midfielder in this system has returned in Kovacic. No discredit to Kante he is also a lethal weapon but lacks the passing ability Kova has which has been missed. If you ask Tuchel he will tell you Kova is our best player alongside Kante. 

I think the City final will be very different to this game. We can hopefully play our best 11. I hope the last 2 prem games we keep the same 11 and just step up the level.

Azpil has to be the rcb, Reece for all his positives there in terms of pace is just much better further fwd. Andreas needs to be ready to come back into the team. As good as Silva is I think Andreas closes that shot down better yesterday but either way between them with a good central cb. Rudi stays on the left but needs to stop shooting and instead play a pass over the top or between the lines.

Kova-Kante pivot, I was an advocator for Alonsonto play both finals and I was wrong Chillwell must play the last 3 games at least from the start. James at rwb. 

Front 3 any combination of Havertz and Werner alongside Mount and Pulisic. When Werner plays him and Puli need to be a two in front of Mount when Havertz plays Mount and Puli need to play just off him. Also Puli to play from the left hand side to maximize his impact.

This transfer window coming up will be huge in terms of if we get our investment right not necessarily over paying just getting in the right profile of players we will thrive under Tuchel. I'll say again I know a few disagree but if Hazard is on the market which I'm hearing he is we should take a nice cut deal if he wants to return. Even if he plays a bit part role like Bale, trust me when I say he still has it and just needs fitness the form will follow. 

We don't have a top 5 player in their position in attack other than arguably Pulisic and Mount and it is costing us in the long run. When a world class player is available buy now ask questions later.

So many criticism on Tuchel which is weird because honestly yesterday's game was pretty much our typical performance under Tuchel.

Our opp created very little, we also created very little. The difference was usually we either won those games or got draws. We simply losed this time. The margin has always been very tight

Yesterday, Leicester got some marginal decisions, tielemans scored a good goal, their gk made good save. 

I ❤️ TT.

Just wanted to say that.

Oh, and to me  all of this negativity is mad. It’s very rare to get those truly magical moments from football. Beating RM in CL semi is something I am going to remember and treasure for years. Like beating Barca in ‘12. We can lose every remaining game 10:0 - and this is still going to be a good season. 

Leicester is a good team and losing 1:0 having been the better team is not quite the catastrophe people seem to pretend it is.

5 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

TT has 100% IMO done enough to warrant the contract extension and we should look to give him the time we wanted for Frank. Pep and Klopp won nothing in their first seasons but Jurgen did lose an Europa league final.

Aside from the WBA fluke the only games we've lost have been by a single goal in which we failed to score. The problem remains the same we struggle to score goals regardless of who plays as a team we struggle to convert and often not always to create enough clear cut chances.

Now I love TT and I have great respect for him as a coach. His issue is perhaps he became a victim of his own hype. It doesn't take a professional coach to identify that despite Kepa's recent performances under TT he is still a limited player. To stick with him in a final was to a degree arrogant in the assumption that whilst he played bad under Frank because TT is a better coach he will perform better.  However, whilst he has played better that goal imo doesn't go in if Mendys in we've seen to many 'screamers' scores past Kepa because he just doesn't have the reach to get there. Knowing you are presenting your opponent with a weakness and still following through with this negligence.

On the other hand we don't know what the board has said to Tom, he may have been instructed to play him to build up his value and confidence.

Its easy in retrospect for us to critique his team selection but in his mind he believed that was the best 11 to get the win. Hopefully he understands Timo should only be used in conjunction with another player up top rather than through the middle by himself.

Pulisic has to start the big games no debate anymore. As a finisher he is the best in the squad at this moment in time I can confidently say that. 

It has to be said though that playing against a deep block will always be this squads undoing, Ziyech has yet to provide the spark to unlock these defences consistently and therefore we still need a player that can pass through the lines accurately and consistently.

Jorginho is now burnt out but has been good overall and deserves a rest luckily our best midfielder in this system has returned in Kovacic. No discredit to Kante he is also a lethal weapon but lacks the passing ability Kova has which has been missed. If you ask Tuchel he will tell you Kova is our best player alongside Kante. 

I think the City final will be very different to this game. We can hopefully play our best 11. I hope the last 2 prem games we keep the same 11 and just step up the level.

Azpil has to be the rcb, Reece for all his positives there in terms of pace is just much better further fwd. Andreas needs to be ready to come back into the team. As good as Silva is I think Andreas closes that shot down better yesterday but either way between them with a good central cb. Rudi stays on the left but needs to stop shooting and instead play a pass over the top or between the lines.

Kova-Kante pivot, I was an advocator for Alonsonto play both finals and I was wrong Chillwell must play the last 3 games at least from the start. James at rwb. 

Front 3 any combination of Havertz and Werner alongside Mount and Pulisic. When Werner plays him and Puli need to be a two in front of Mount when Havertz plays Mount and Puli need to play just off him. Also Puli to play from the left hand side to maximize his impact.

This transfer window coming up will be huge in terms of if we get our investment right not necessarily over paying just getting in the right profile of players we will thrive under Tuchel. I'll say again I know a few disagree but if Hazard is on the market which I'm hearing he is we should take a nice cut deal if he wants to return. Even if he plays a bit part role like Bale, trust me when I say he still has it and just needs fitness the form will follow. 

We don't have a top 5 player in their position in attack other than arguably Pulisic and Mount and it is costing us in the long run. When a world class player is available buy now ask questions later.

All good points till you advocated signing Hazard. Fans need to let that idea go, he isn’t the same player anymore. Say Madrid even offer to sell him for £30m which they might do, he is on £400k/W!  Wouldn’t even touch him on a loan deal, whoever ends up with him will invest so much time trying to justify the outlay. Not worth the hassle.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Bet he is. 

Or even Hudson Odoi when he was practically "Abraham'd" by Lampard as well since the restart last season until he got sacked. Didn't see much whining then.

Tedious whining from a lot with clear agendas.

If anyone doesn't like/want Tuchel because they believe that's what is best for the club then fine, I'm in no position to hold that against anyone and it's absolutely their right to feel that if they do.

But this narrative he's picking on the youth is utter garbage and doesn't stand up to the slightest bit of scrunity, when we went all out attack late yesterday (and against Arsenal) who got took off out of the two RB's on the pitch the youngster or the captain? We have an array of expensive toys to pick from for the front three and who's the one untouchable? A converted centre mid from the academy. 

Edited by Argo

1 minute ago, Argo said:

If anyone doesn't like/want Tuchel because they believe that's what is best for the club then fine, I'm in no position to hold that against anyone and it's absolutely there right to feel that if they do.

But this narrative he's picking on the youth is utter garbage and doesn't stand up to the slightest bit of scrunity, when we went all out attack late yesterday (and against Arsenal) who got took off out of the two RB's on the pitch the youngster or the captain? We have an array of expensive toys to pick from for the front three and who's the one untouchable? A converted centre mid from the academy. 

I can't wait for him to start treating James and Mount fairly!

Tbh it was a awful decision to play Dave rwb in the first place and James was playing well. Dave offers nothing in an attacking sense so that was quite an easy sub to make.