Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

So you could say that through individual errors we were less defensively solid? 

Individual errors leading to consecutive defeats, one of which being a cup final. 

And if the same thing happens against City in Porto? 

Is this a trend or just a blip? 

I honestly don't know. I need to watch the two goals again. But in general our defense has been fine 

50 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

We had two chances with just the keeper to beat, Werner blasts over and Mount skews wide, we had the Chilwell header to the post, we had the cross that Werner misdirected and Azpi missed and then the VAR incident with Chilwell running onto Silva's deep pass.

I can only recall a header from Leicester and the goal. 

Small margins.

Not sure I consider those very2 good chances. Half chances at best. 

9 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Still a great strike no doubt, we can discuss about him having the confidence knowing that Kepa might not save it but our players haven't scored a goal like that in a long time, last time was when, James in 2020 or Tomori 2019?

13 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I agree @Gol15 he is becoming a victim of his own success. Indeed had we lost to City and Real but were secure in third needing yo just draw on tuesday then beat Villa to finish third we would all be saying it was a good recovery.

The problem is he has reached those finals, and if he throws away top 4 and does not achieve the CL then he will be seen as having choked on the season end. Following on from him losing with PSG.

It is hard to recover from losing finals. I read in the fa cup final thread we have lost 8 of the last 11. Our club are becoming losers in this regard and likely that becomes 9 from 12 on may 29th.

That is very hard to recover from, and of we drop top 4 at the same time, I honestly do not feel he deserves to stay. 

The club made our position very clear when Frank was sacked. Almost is not good enough, regarding being in the CL. So for us to have 3rd place well in hand and throw it away and finish 5th, no not good enough from an expierenced manager.

I think that Tuchel has shown that he's a good manager but if we keep losing finals he might not be able to recover like you say.

If we finish 5th and lose the CL final as well it will be a worse season than Lampard's last season and Conte's second season and then it's all up to Roman to decide if he should let Tuchel spend money in the summer or not. I personally believe that it would be really unlucky if we don't get anything by the last game of the season but when all is said and done the only thing that matters are the results and if Tuchel doesn't get them he will be going into the next season with a lot of question marks and doubts but I don't think that he should get sacked mainly because he had very little time but managed to give us a lot of hope...

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

I think that Tuchel has shown that he's a good manager but if we keep losing finals he might not be able to recover like you say.

If we finish 5th and lose the CL final as well it will be a worse season than Lampard's last season and Conte's second season and then it's all up to Roman to decide if he should let Tuchel spend money in the summer or not. I personally believe that it would be really unlucky if we don't get anything by the last game of the season but when all is said and done the only thing that matters are the results and if Tuchel doesn't get them he will be going into the next season with a lot of question marks and doubts but I don't think that he should get sacked mainly because he had very little time but managed to give us a lot of hope...

Good point about spending. So long as we dont invest in players that the next manager may not want because TT wanted them then giving him another season to try and make Kai, Timo, Ziyech et al anything more than dismal failures would not be dreadful.

Think you have a better point on that. If we do end up 5th and when we lose to City then the board tell him he has no money to spend because we missed out on CL and has to work with the current squad, plus loans and free signings.

14 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Good point about spending. So long as we dont invest in players that the next manager may not want because TT wanted them then giving him another season to try and make Kai, Timo, Ziyech et al anything more than dismal failures would not be dreadful.

Think you have a better point on that. If we do end up 5th and when we lose to City then the board tell him he has no money to spend because we missed out on CL and has to work with the current squad, plus loans and free signings.

Rather than investing in players that the manager may or not want, we should invest in players that are actually good no matter who is in charge. 

Posted (edited)

I'm convinced that the Champions League Final is all that is on the players minds, it's just the way it is. Still agree with all the talking points though, but it's hard to measure if it's correct, while such a big game is looming, might even be that the loss is beneficial, nobody is partying or anything and keeps working. Yes i'm probably rationalising, but why? It could be that it's just not possible that a CL finalist can't win the FA cup vs. Leicester, they were not 100% there, not from the mentality, not from the coaches starting eleven. We all know Pulisic and Chilwell will be starters vs. City. It's probably the correct way to approach these things. You can go all in the fa cup, when you're not in the CL final, otherwise it's probably just stupid.

Edited by maik2021

This season reminds me very much of mourinho’s first year in his second term as manager. We looked good but lacked that clinical touch at front of goal, in the summer we signed Fabregas and costa andbecome title winners the following year. If we play our cards right this summer, history can repeat itself

4 hours ago, ducavis said:

All good points till you advocated signing Hazard. Fans need to let that idea go, he isn’t the same player anymore. Say Madrid even offer to sell him for £30m which they might do, he is on £400k/W!  Wouldn’t even touch him on a loan deal, whoever ends up with him will invest so much time trying to justify the outlay. Not worth the hassle.

I'm sure where he's concerned he would be willing to drop his wages to come home. At £30m which is 10m less than the rumoured asking price I think for a 30 year old Its not bad at all. If he's on the market why wouldn't we be interested it was only 2 years ago he contributed 50% of all our goal output. I'm going based of the hypothetical sensus that he would be at least as good as Bale has been for spurs were Eden to return to us. Because at the end of the day if Madrid don't want him he's leaving anyway it wouldn't be the worse gamble if we could get him fit.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Hazard ship has sailed, you can forget about it. 

Our problem under Tuchel is simple, we can't break teams down. There are two simple ways to do that :

1. Be more clinical/sign a clinical player 

2. Sign a creator 

We pretty much did both under Mou by signing fab n costa. 

If we can sign fab n costa again, then it is problem solved. Since we have so many attackers and Tuchel consider Werner as our main guy, it is difficult to see us signing another st. 

A very good creative midfielder on the other will help us a lot. 

Were Hazard to be even half the player he was for us that would still be an improvement on the current lack of creativity. Surely the points you've mentioned there a fit Hazard could fulfill alongside a striker signing. Eden and Cesc were the best playmakers we've signed in the last decade alongside Mata (only including players that actually played proper seasons so not inc kdb or salah).

We took a 34 Drogba back for a season why would a 30 yr old Eden be an issue. So what if he's been injury prone in Madrid he wasn't in London and I think we can get him consistently match fit. Eden will play another 5 years at least, so if Madrid don't want him as far as I and some fans are concerned our door is always open.

Can you honestly say were we to get him for £40m and offer in the first instance between £180-200k a week you would be opposed to that? Considering we would still be signing a striker a cb and most likely a DM. Eden would just be our creative attacker signing. People underestimate how good of a passer he is even if he might not be the best dribbler, 30 yr Fab reinvented his game once his pace and dribbling faded I don't see why Eden can't either. 

Lastly its not even our money it's Roman's and he has tons of it spare. If you can honestly tell me you would rather see him leave Madrid and play for another team in England or Europe on a bargain sale then fair enough.

Madrid are rumoured to be listening to offers so I say put a cheeky bid in no harm no foul.

Edited by LongtimerLurker

3 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I'm sure where he's concerned he would be willing to drop his wages to come home. At £30m which is 10m less than the rumoured asking price I think for a 30 year old Its not bad at all. If he's on the market why wouldn't we be interested it was only 2 years ago he contributed 50% of all our goal output. I'm going based of the hypothetical sensus that he would be at least as good as Bale has been for spurs were Eden to return to us. Because at the end of the day if Madrid don't want him he's leaving anyway it wouldn't be the worse gamble if we could get him fit.

Issue is he has never been as good as Bale

2 hours ago, maik2021 said:

I'm convinced that the Champions League Final is all that is on the players minds, it's just the way it is. Still agree with all the talking points though, but it's hard to measure if it's correct, while such a big game is looming, might even be that the loss is beneficial, nobody is partying or anything and keeps working. Yes i'm probably rationalising, but why? It could be that it's just not possible that a CL finalist can't win the FA cup vs. Leicester, they were not 100% there, not from the mentality, not from the coaches starting eleven. We all know Pulisic and Chilwell will be starters vs. City. It's probably the correct way to approach these things. You can go all in the fa cup, when you're not in the CL final, otherwise it's probably just stupid.

If we win vs City then all your points are valid. If we don't win then they're stupid haha

For me we should've went all in these three games against Leicester x2 and Arsenal. We would've secured a trophy and a top4 finish probably and then you have two weeks to prepare for the final. 

This way we're just adding unnecesary pressure that I'm not sure these players can handle. We're already going to te CL final having lost the FA Cup final. If we lose top4 as well, the players are going to be under immense pressure in Porto

Under Tuchel we have only scored more than 2 goals in a game on one occasion, in all competitions. We have also let far fewer goals in of course. However with a much lower scoring rate we are likely to struggle in games where the opponent manages to score. This has been highlighted in recent defeats. It is unlikely that we are suddenly likely to change much in the remaining games this season so if we do manage to get top 4 and/or win Champions League I am fully expecting some close, nervy games.

Hopefully we can address the lack of goals in the summer as that seems to be a problem with this team currently. Under Frank we scored 3 or more goals on several occasions but often at the expense of leaky defense. Hopefully we can find a balance.

Most important time of the season and he starts rotating the squad. Confidence will now be low for two must win games that we can't afford to rotate for. 

I'd rather tired legs with a confident mindset than the insane amount of pressure they must be under now.

3 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Rather than investing in players that the manager may or not want, we should invest in players that are actually good no matter who is in charge. 

That would be great, and a real change from the norm.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Unfortunately there's very few players that can adapt to any manager/style. Even our best ever bunch were all at sea trying to adapt to high pressing tactics.

Edited by Argo

The only thing I think Tuchel did wrong was putting Kepa on for the last two games. Not that Kepa did much wrong, but it's totally unnecesary to change your first choice gk for the most important games of the season. It's such a delicate position. 

Hasnt covered himself in glory this last week.

I think the biggest job we have in the summer, is fixing the efficiency in front of goal. Ive never seen a chelsea team this poor in front of goal. Shooting is horrific. I mean its really abysmal. 

The amount of times we get into good positions, and either the final pass is poor, the choice of pass is weong, or when it does end up with a ahooting opportunity, we are limp.

Its been this way for pretty much 2 seasons, the new signings haven't helped, in werners case, its actually made matters worse. 

Who would we want a big chance to fall to in the final? I wouldnt hang my hat on any of them.

4 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I think Roman has only 2 choices here:

1. Trust in Tuchel and let him spend the money to improve the team for next season, bring in a new CB + DM and if possible a striker.

2. Don't trust Tuchel and change the manager and then spend the money in the summer to improve the team.

Anything else is just not good enough, to simply punish Tuchel for not getting top 4 by playing with with a weaker team next season is sentencing the whole squad for failure in advance.

40 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I think Roman has only 2 choices here:

1. Trust in Tuchel and let him spend the money to improve the team for next season, bring in a new CB + DM and if possible a striker.

2. Don't trust Tuchel and change the manager and then spend the money in the summer to improve the team.

Anything else is just not good enough, to simply punish Tuchel for not getting top 4 by playing with with a weaker team next season is sentencing the whole squad for failure in advance.

If previous form is anything to go by we will back him with new signings suited to his game, and extend his contract with a megadeal, only to show him the door after a bad run in November 😉

Right, depending what day you want to start your week, tomorrow is a new week.

Everyone, get your heads out of your *** and lets play some football.  Win, nothing more, nothing less.