Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

Not too long to go now before our final game of the season. It's been a rollercoaster to say the least and I'll be happy to an extent to see the back of it knowing the potential a pre season under this manager could bring.

I don't want to say too much since we have 2 games left of the season. But, one thing I will credit him with is when we usually need to turn up for a game we do.

Not every game this season and there have been a fair few bumps on the road (more recently). Overall though he seems to motivate them in a way I've not seen a Chelsea team look since arguably the 2nd half of the Europa League final. I would say from a consistent basis not since Conte or Mourinho have I seen a manager really get our players playing like TT has.

For me the first 20 mins in Madrid and the most recent game against Leicester really showcased what our team has been about when on song under this man. Intensity. I just hope we bring it tomorrow and next week Saturday. I cannot stress how important not only being in next seasons UCL is but winning it as well. 

Last time we signed Eden because we won big ears, who knows who we could sign were we to win it again.

Turns out Tuchel’s kryptonite is fans.

Yet another poor team selection. Yet another clueless response to going down a goal and yet another toothless attacking show.

Happy we finished in the top four but I’ve hated every minute of this season. Thank f**k it’s over.

16 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Mission accomplished!

Champions League secured for next season!

Get in Thomas Tuchel!

Not sure his fans should be celebrating too much the way we wrapped up the league. We finished the league season very poorly and only qualified because one of our rivals bottled in more than us. Hopefully we will be looking at Tuchel in a much more positive light after next weekend. But up until now I am not totally convinced.

TT will need to thank Spuds for the huge favour. 

sh*t performance again against a lesser team.

Not capable of changing things when chasing a result.

Changes too late.

Not capable of motivating this lot.

Still, got lucky and got us top 4th. So well done.

Its not Tuchel’s fault, this team has a serious problem that was showing before Frank got sacked.

Our form has been as bad as what led to Lampard getting sacked. 

Strange team selections from Tuchel in recent weeks and he's been gifted top four by Spurs of all teams. 

Loses to WBA, Arsenal and Aston Villa in recent weeks almost completely detailed the season. 

He'll be here next season but I'd be very surprised if he was given a contract extension. 

13 minutes ago, JPH said:

What has gone into Tuchel. Poor choices for starting 11 and very poor game managing in the recent games.

Crazy tinkering going on.

Soon as we stepped away from 343, our play got a bit better but it was still a clusterfeck of an ending to the season

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Our form has been as bad as what led to Lampard getting sacked. 

That's just plain wrong. Go compare the results and you'll change your opinion.

5 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

He got us top four so he deserves credit for that but our actual league form under him is over rated. Lost to Arsenal, West Brom, Villa and drawn Wolves, Man Utd, Brighton all at home and Southampton and Leeds away.

Agreed. He could have wrapped up 3rd ages ago

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

3 losses in 4 games? I don't need to check anything. 

Nice work only counting the results of the last 11 days.

Lampard wasn't sacked for 11 days worth of bad results was he? 

And let's be honest. Even in the three losses we have dominated our opponents every time. Only to be let down by atrocious finishing. 
Far different from when we were getting spanked left and right by every half decent side towards the end of Lampard.

Edited by Sindre

Long time lurker here

That game was pretty awful but it's been a great turn around this season. I think hardly anyone could have envisioned top 4 and a CL final 4 months ago.

I think fatigue has clearly started to set in these past few weeks given we've been competing seriously in 2 cup competitions, we badly need a striker next season to put chances away though. 

I think if Mendy's fit it's a 50/50 between us and City, our style seems to match up well with them

I would assume top 4 was his minimum target to secure his next 12 months 

IF he wins the CL he may get the extension. What has he really done apart from fix the defence ? and now even that hasn’t been as good as it looked a few weeks ago. Attack wise we scored more before but that defence was shocking. He needs some signings up top because Mason has been the best in that area of the pitch and he’s down to Frank Lampard not Tickle, he just got lucky Mason continued to improve on an upward trajectory. 
marks out of ten in EPL 7/10

Credit to Tuchel for getting us into the top 4 - even if it was fortunate in the end. We’ve certainly lost that edge since the Arsenal defeat. 

Feels like we’ve ran out of steam which is understandable given our fixture list. I just hope Tuche can get the players to perform for one final performance 

Just now, JM7 said:

Credit to Tuchel for getting us into the top 4 - even if it was fortunate in the end. We’ve certainly lost that edge since the Arsenal defeat. 

Feels like we’ve ran out of steam which is understandable given our fixture list. I just hope Tuche can get the players to perform for one final performance 

All in all I think it’s a good job. 

Main issue is not scoring enough and some of that isn’t Tuchel it’s mistakes in the final third.

1 minute ago, DukesOfHazard said:

All in all I think it’s a good job. 

Main issue is not scoring enough and some of that isn’t Tuchel it’s mistakes in the final third.

Today we could have killed the game in the first half. Again our lack of killer instinct is costing us.