Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Are you happy or at the very least content, that we have lost 3 of our last 4 matches played? 

Those opponents being Aston Villa, Leicester and Arsenal. 

No I am not.

But I am more happy about securing Top 4 than I am unhappy with our last 4 games.

Losses can also come in many shapes and forms. In my view we have battered Villa, Leicester x2 and Arsenal. To use today as an example it's a miracle that we only scored once. Don't know how it happened but it did. We battered Aston Villa and we should be happy with the overall performance.

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Losses can also come in many shapes and forms. In my view we have battered Villa, Leicester x2 and Arsenal. 

When the same thing keeps happening game in, game out, as it currently is. At what point are we allowed to question the manager and their contribution to those results? 

Because at the moment you're staunchly defensive of Tuchel and his win record but at the same time unhappy with the results he is producing. 

Posted (edited)

Kinda glad they showed only the conference today over here ..

But pheww. Glad Bale did his thing today! Thinking some should probably take a breather, we secured CL for the next season and have still a shot at the CL title! It's been overall a horrible season with you changing manager at HT so I think it's not unreasonable to be content now within the given context. Not a lot (any?) games did I watch were we weren't the better team. Bit unlucky too here and there. Who knows what would have happended fo those postponed matches against a breathless United side gifting both Pool and Leicester a 3p bonus?

Anyway, 4th place is about right all in all, 3rd would have been great and it's been close (in both directions) and now stop looking back and enjoy the final!

Edited by weetee

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

When the same thing keeps happening game in, game out, as it currently is. At what point are we allowed to question the manager and their contribution to those results? 

Because at the moment you're staunchly defensive of Tuchel and his win record but at the same time unhappy with the results he is producing. 

Well, we did win what was our season defining game five days ago. So it's not been all bad lately.
And I feel you are focusing on a rather short period of time here. Before the four games you bring up we were on a massive run beating Real Madrid, City x2, West Ham. Porto and so on.

We may disagree but I believe we have been on some freak run of horrible finishing the last four games. How in the world we have only managed to score three times in those four games i'll never understand. I expect it to get better (or our attackers can find new jobs if it doesn't) as i've seen nothing like it in my years of supporting this club. It's been absymal all season but the last two weeks our attackers have managed to bring it to a whole new level.

And again. I am overjoyed with the results Tuchel have produced. I believe everyone should if they extend their horizon past these last three-four games.

Edited by Sindre

1 hour ago, Jangz said:

3 managers have failed to motivate this lot.. i think some players are just not good enough.. time and again our midfield and fwds let us down.. fwds are young and have to still do a journey.. but midfield needs an upgrade.. need a proper Midfield general enough of this regista and quarter back stuff..

It really does feel like the same sh*t is starting to happen all over again, which is exactly why I was so pissed off and fed up when Lampard was sacked. Most of these players just don't have it in them to keep going. They talk big when they get a decent win or go on a decent run of form, but then they sh*t themselves when it really matters, lose form and fail to motivate themselves again until a new coach comes in. When do we reach the point where we say enough is enough and start pointing the finger at the players? It seems like never, because player power at this club always wins.

I am also sick and tired of the approach from the majority of our lot going into games. The performance against Leicester in the F.A cup final was crap, then we play against them a few days later and you could see how determined they were to win. That should be our mentality going in to every game, where was it for the cup final, where was it today? A lot of these players clearly can't be motivated to do it game after game. They talk big when they go on a streak of not losing, then they suddenly get into this rhythm of sh*t performance until the manager is sacked. Stop bigging yourselves up if you can't back it up with the performances on the pitch. Most of them have barely won a thing in their careers, so they need to shut up and prove themselves instead of giving themselves a pat on the back after one or two decent wins.

9 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

It really does feel like the same sh*t is starting to happen all over again, which is exactly why I was so pissed off and fed up when Lampard was sacked. Most of these players just don't have it in them to keep going. They talk big when they get a decent win or go on a decent run of form, but then they sh*t themselves when it really matters, lose form and fail to motivate themselves again until a new coach comes in. When do we reach the point where we say enough is enough and start pointing the finger at the players? It seems like never, because player power at this club always wins.

I am also sick and tired of the approach from the majority of our lot going into games. The performance against Leicester in the F.A cup final was crap, then we play against them a few days later and you could see how determined they were to win. That should be our mentality going in to every game, where was it for the cup final, where was it today? A lot of these players clearly can't be motivated to do it game after game. They talk big when they go on a streak of not losing, then they suddenly get into this rhythm of sh*t performance until the manager is sacked. Stop bigging yourselves up if you can't back it up with the performances on the pitch. Most of them have barely won a thing in their careers, so they need to shut up and prove themselves instead of giving themselves a pat on the back after one or two decent wins.

This isn’t a dig at Tuchel, I have absolutely no idea who decides who gets to wear what but I thought the tracksuits have set the mood for the final.

If the players turned up in suits then perhaps it’ll have hit them then, they’re about to play a cup final, a huge game. A subconscious thing kinda.

The players just treated it like another game. Whoever decided they should wear tracksuits pre game deserve criticism imo.

We've become a bit shaky after that Christensen injury. The biggest mistery for me is why is Tuchel playing Reece as cb in the last few matches. 

We lose CL final and we have basically not progressed as a team one bit. Tuchel's done well I think but there are questions to be asked.. This late slump might be just about we are drained of energy. 

49 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I think next Saturday's performance and result would probably have more bearing on whether he gets a contract extension over the summer. If we have a poor show in the final then I can see the club holding off to wait and see how we do the first half of next season.

Absolutely as I see it forbzy. Yep there are things you can legitimately question but IMO he has done really well overall. But if we turn out a poor performance in the final I can't see Roman rushing to offer him an extension.

46 minutes ago, evissy said:

We lose CL final and we have basically not progressed as a team one bit

I'd argue that proving we can beat some of the top teams in Europe and making it to the final in the first place would be big progress.

I remember last year after Bayern trashed us there was a pretty universal opinion that we were probably three-four years away at best from doing anything of note in Europe again. To beat Atletico, Porto and Real Madrid a year later and make the final happened a lot sooner than even the most optimistic of us thought I would imagine.

Even if we lose to City we will have shown that we are a team to be reckoned with in the CL going forward and as a fan that missed those great nights of knockout CL-football I think that's absolutely great.

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

I'd argue that proving we can beat some of the top teams in Europe and making it to the final in the first place would be big progress.

I remember last year after Bayern trashed us there was a pretty universal opinion that we were probably three-four years away at best from doing anything of note in Europe again. To beat Atletico, Porto and Real Madrid a year later and make the final happened a lot sooner than even the most optimistic of us thought I would imagine.

Even if we lose to City we will have shown that we are a team to be reckoned with in the CL going forward and as a fan that missed those great nights of knockout CL-football I think that's absolutely great.

Totally agree. I understand that the last two weeks have been a great let down, and that's mostly because we were playing almost brilliantly right before, but I don't have the impression that the players didn't put in the effort. At all tbh and I think that's an incredible unfair thing to say. They're just totally running out of steam right now, which is unfortunate with such a finale coming up, and it's still a very young squad so this is to be expected even if it doesn't feel right to some. Overall I think we have a pretty good outlook as the foundation is there and the last thing one should do is to dismiss all the improvements because it got really really tight in the end.

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

But when you're consistently not scoring goals in open play and refusing to play your striker with the best goals per minutes played ratio...you have to take some responsibility for your misfiring forwards. 

According to some on here apparently not scoring goals isn’t Tuchels fault it’s the players but conceding goals it was all Lampards fault and the tactics, not the players? Strange that...

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

Well, we did win what was our season defining game five days ago. So it's not been all bad lately.
And I feel you are focusing on a rather short period of time here. Before the four games you bring up we were on a massive run beating Real Madrid, City x2, West Ham. Porto and so on.

We may disagree but I believe we have been on some freak run of horrible finishing the last four games. How in the world we have only managed to score three times in those four games i'll never understand. I expect it to get better (or our attackers can find new jobs if it doesn't) as i've seen nothing like it in my years of supporting this club. It's been absymal all season but the last two weeks our attackers have managed to bring it to a whole new level.

And again. I am overjoyed with the results Tuchel have produced. I believe everyone should if they extend their horizon past these last three-four games.

Our poor finishing has not been a problem that has just surfaced the last 2 weeks though. We've managed just 8 goals in our last  Premier League games. In games from all competitions under Tuchel we managed more than 2 goals on just one occasion (Palace away). Tuchel has certainly tightened things up defensively since Frank but it has been at the expense of scoring goals. A large chunk of that is down to continual wastefulness in front of goal but he keeps picking the same players.

Why are we questioning Tuchel? He had no pre season, he's taken over someone else's team and he has not brought in any of his own players,  

Yet he got us top 4, we made it to two finals and we've defeated highly pedigreed teams along the way.

A few months ago it all seemed like an impossible task. He's done great. 

Nice work all things considered.  We'd have all taken this back in Jan.

That said, time to address the attacking woes.  Whether that be through new players, coaching, or system, we simply must address.  12 goals in last 12 games is not enough to win anything.  While TT isn't fully responsible for woeful finishing, starting 8 defensive minded players each game has to stop (as does Reece at RCB).

Ended of the day he has achieved his goal. We all know Lamps was sacked as we were spiraling away from the top 4 and Roman will have set him the task of ensuring we got back to the top 4 and CL football next season.

A lot of things need improvement however he reached that goal and deserves to stay next season now.

I agree with an earlier post though I would off giving him a new deal until we see how he deals with a new season with a full preseason to work with the players.

He has earned the right to have next season though. Target achieved, all the while reaching and being runners up in two finals is hopefully a sign he can bridge that final step next season.

Good work TT. Credit where credit is due.

7 hours ago, Sindre said:

Winning some big sides and making into two finals is great. Tuchel's done great job.

I just don't think this 3 at back never concede and seldom score is the way to go in the long term. 

If we do change the system again we are in essence back in square one. 

Maybe we don't change anything and suddenly our players like Werner (who had 15 goals disallowed this season) starts to put things right and we go on from success to success. 

I don't know why but I think what we are doing is all temporary. It feels that anyway. 

We are second best since tuchel took over in League standings.

He has worst strike force yet got results enough to make top 4. If players failed to convert simplest of chances coach can't do anything better. Hope he will be backed in this window.

50 minutes ago, Keda said:

We are second best since tuchel took over in League standings.

He has worst strike force yet got results enough to make top 4. If players failed to convert simplest of chances coach can't do anything better. Hope he will be backed in this window.

Worst strikeforce? Timo Werner 28 goals last season with Leipzig. Giroud the handsome sniper and Tammy Wam-bammy. Pulisic 58m, Havertz 71m. Now I know it is new league, new faces and so on. But in terms of quality we shouldn't really complain. 

City managed without Aguero. Their 19 Yr old Foden and midfielder Gundogan chopped in the goals. 

13 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Wish he would stop with the bollocks about "precision ". We hardly create anything..

I mean this is just wrong, how do we miss so many chances if we aren't creating them ?