Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

I still feel like the board dropped the ball with Conte, I still can't understand how the board can make the same mistake twice. 2015 we win the league fail to truly build a dynasty, 2017 win the league and again failed to build on it. Now we have TT we need to back him and then if we do win the league and the UCL we need to bring in top tier players to help us regularly compete and win these titles.

Realistically who else in the world could we really have in the hot seat that could regularly challenge Klopp and Pep in the domestic league alongside the other great managers in England and Europe. Tuchel is the best man for the job imo but he must be given time and the chance to get his players in so we can actually play his style of football.

9 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I still feel like the board dropped the ball with Conte, I still can't understand how the board can make the same mistake twice. 2015 we win the league fail to truly build a dynasty, 2017 win the league and again failed to build on it. Now we have TT we need to back him and then if we do win the league and the UCL we need to bring in top tier players to help us regularly compete and win these titles.

Realistically who else in the world could we really have in the hot seat that could regularly challenge Klopp and Pep in the domestic league alongside the other great managers in England and Europe. Tuchel is the best man for the job imo but he must be given time and the chance to get his players in so we can actually play his style of football.

Same mistake as 2011, 2015 and 2017. After Chelsea winning EPL, the board can't do the right thing. Always the same mistakes...

We lost 2011 EPL because we didn't have a good squad with good alternatives. We let go Ballack, Deco, etc... and we brought benayoun if I remember lol

We simply don't know how to do after win a epl trophy, sadly

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

What we need is someone to build a new generation that will be the spine of the squad for years to come, someone with a clear vision even if he's not going to last more than 3 seasons. Before no matter who was the manager certain things were clear, there were some key players that the team was built upon. This whole process was already in place when Lampard trusted Mount, pushed James and bought all those players like Chilwell, Havertz and Werner.

The club needs a few key signings and if those work out well for us we could challenge Man City in the near future. Some of those could come in the summer, it's not easy but the scouting and the board can't be that bad even if it's not easy to find a new "Terry" type of a player I mean if Man City could find a few defenders that are top quality so should we, I don't really count T.Silva as a long term solution but signing him was a great move.

We'll see if the club manages to bring in Haaland or if he's simply going to Manchester. The current squad can't go further than top 3 in the league but we're in the CL final so clearly we do have some quality already. I have high hopes for Havertz and Gilmour to become great players and if we can discover a new "Busquets" that would make us a really strong team. So if we can find 3 high quality signings in the summer, a CB a ST and a DM, that would be really amazing.

Agree we need a strong spine, which has been missing for a while. Finding 3 high quality signing this summer is a tall ask. I don’t probably watch enough other teams to make an informed enough call on who they should be. Any time a see Rice I have liked what I see. Is he really as good as some on here think? Is he really worth the close to £100m that is being thrown around by the rags.

Top class ST seems to be 1 of 2 which may be available. Would love to see either but Kane is the safe bet I think. Very little chance of getting either I think. Maybe a lot depends on Pep and who if any he wants. 

CB, maybe we can develop one. 

1 minute ago, goose said:

Agree we need a strong spine, which has been missing for a while. Finding 3 high quality signing this summer is a tall ask. I don’t probably watch enough other teams to make an informed enough call on who they should be. Any time a see Rice I have liked what I see. Is he really as good as some on here think? Is he really worth the close to £100m that is being thrown around by the rags.

Top class ST seems to be 1 of 2 which may be available. Would love to see either but Kane is the safe bet I think. Very little chance of getting either I think. Maybe a lot depends on Pep and who if any he wants. 

Some believe that Tomori could be that CB that we need. But rumors say that AC Milan can pay a fee and sign him permanently if they want to do so.

12 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Same mistake as 2011, 2015 and 2017. After Chelsea winning EPL, the board can't do the right thing. Always the same mistakes...

We lost 2011 EPL because we didn't have a good squad with good alternatives. We let go Ballack, Deco, etc... and we brought benayoun if I remember lol

We simply don't know how to do after win a epl trophy, sadly

2010–11 Chelsea F.C. season - Wikipedia

For example, look what we did in this season. We manage out Deco, Ballack, Belletti, Carvalho and Joe Cole and in Summer we just brought Ramires... we suffer from lack of a deep squad.

Look at City. Have a strong 11 and a strong bech. With so much games, makes the difference

The truth is that Chelsea squad still isn't good to fight for the title. Is enough to fight for top4, that we did in last 3 years.

We have some good player but not a complete squad to fight for a title like EPL. Its is the reality. We have very luck to make top4 this year. We need to increase the quality of the squad. If we don't, it will be the same in next year.

13 minutes ago, goose said:

Ah the spine of Cech, JT, Ricky/cahill, Maka, Lamps, Ballack/Essien and Drogba.

Doubt we will ever see one that strong again. Amazing pride in the shirt.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Some believe that Tomori could be that CB that we need. But rumors say that AC Milan can pay a fee and sign him permanently if they want to do so.

Marc Guehi is worth a look. Has had an excellent season on loan at Swansea.

1 hour ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Did we really have a decent finish last season though? Utd basically did what Liverpool did this season and went on a crazy winning run and Leicester bottled a commanding lead picking up a seriously low number of points in the final run of games. We profited of Leicesters bottle job two seasons in a row. We dropped points to Arsenal and Villa this season like we dropped crucial points to West Ham and Sheff Utd last season. Such identitical forms at the business end of the season.

8 wins and 25 points from our last 12 league games while making the FA Cup final (beating Liverpool and United on the way) was a pretty impressive way to wrap up. In fact the points return in that last 1/3 of the season was almost identical to the amount of points per game achieved by Tuchel (2 pts/game). In both cases we failed at the final hurdle in the FA Cup (arguably shafted by bad refs in both cases), although Tuchel has a chance to deliver the Champions League of course.

Either way, even if we take Tuchel's half season and double the number of points we still only finish 3rd and a fair way short of the title. I don't think we can make up that gap with Tuchel alone. We need some improvements to the squad.

I really hope that next season that we can close the gap on City. We’ve been poor in the league since Conte’s title - either missing out on top 4 or just scraping in. It’s not good enough and we’ve definitely dropped a level. 

First I thought we needed to improve the striker, then I thought we need to replace Silva but in the end its getting the midfield pivots right in a back 3 system that makes a lot of difference, and having the right wing backs. In a back 3 the wing backs have to really attack. It wasn't just Moses and Alonso look at how Conte bought and uses Hakimi at Inter. The wing backs have to be fast and capable of scoring, but its the centre pair that do the work. Sarri recognised this and when we were all calling for attackers and defenders and Chelsea had no money he talked the board into getting Kovacic. And Kova has made all the difference by spreading the midfield load. Sure each of Jorginho, Kova and Kante has their limitations but between the three of them we have mostly been able to manage possession and link defence and attack and create opportunities and prevent other teams from scoring.

But Kante has to be nursed these days, and it will get worse and not better and actually I think Kova is a big lad that historically would play 60 minutes and not 90. 

I personally think we could use CHO as a wing back, I thought that actually worked very well although certainly as the season went on Reece became an important player. But CHO can do it. Between Silva and Christenson that position can be managed for another season. Certainly Giroud and it seems Tammy have to be replaced, although I think Tammy is the one player not given a fair go, but for every coach there is one unlucky player.  But when I get down to it its replacing Kante properly that is probably the most important thing, for me.

We have some very promising youngsters, Guehi, Gilmour and Anjorin but history shows that they simply have to go out on loan prove they can consistently get into some other side and then come back to Chelsea with credentials. So for me it has to be an outsider that is brought in. Some who is just about capable of getting into any team but with most of their career in front of them. 

So what do we think. I know we know what happened last season already but what is the more difficult task for TT?

1. Overcoming that Bayern team with his PSG team or

2. Overcoming Peps City with our team?

Hard call for me. That Bayern was a better side than City is this season however that PSG with Silva and Cavani are better than we are with Silva imo.

10 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

So what do we think. I know we know what happened last season already but what is the more difficult task for TT?

1. Overcoming that Bayern team with his PSG team or

2. Overcoming Peps City with our team?

Hard call for me. That Bayern was a better side than City is this season however that PSG with Silva and Cavani are better than we are with Silva imo.

I think without a doubt the psg squad is probably the only team alongside maybe Liverpool and City that could actually match that Bayern's star quality. Neymar and Mbappe are a different class, we don't have anyone on that level atm. 

I don't think we're that far off City in terms of squad depth, our players are all at the same level throughout the squad. I mean that relatively, City has its level maintained throughout its squad. I would say that we have our own level that roughly all the players throughout the squad are at. 

On any given day PSG could beat Bayern I would go slightly in Bayern's favour and say it's not a 50/50 but close.

Chelsea vs Man City is similar since we've beaten them twice showing we can beat them but, on any given day they could do the same. In terms of levels though, I think there is a bigger gap between us and City. In comparison to PSG and Bayern.

I think this game is harder for Tuchel, the time spent with the squads is different. Tactics are slightly different, and he's facing a harder opponent in a managerial sense. Still he's beaten him twice before, we know if we can keep a clean sheet for 90 mins we can probably win as long as we take a chance it two.

40 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I think without a doubt the psg squad is probably the only team alongside maybe Liverpool and City that could actually match that Bayern's star quality. Neymar and Mbappe are a different class, we don't have anyone on that level atm. 

I don't think we're that far off City in terms of squad depth, our players are all at the same level throughout the squad. I mean that relatively, City has its level maintained throughout its squad. I would say that we have our own level that roughly all the players throughout the squad are at. 

On any given day PSG could beat Bayern I would go slightly in Bayern's favour and say it's not a 50/50 but close.

Chelsea vs Man City is similar since we've beaten them twice showing we can beat them but, on any given day they could do the same. In terms of levels though, I think there is a bigger gap between us and City. In comparison to PSG and Bayern.

I think this game is harder for Tuchel, the time spent with the squads is different. Tactics are slightly different, and he's facing a harder opponent in a managerial sense. Still he's beaten him twice before, we know if we can keep a clean sheet for 90 mins we can probably win as long as we take a chance it two.

Good reply and very fair and balanced. I would say I feel the gap between us and Cities best team is bigger than you put out though.

More PSG 45/55 Bayern

And Chelsea 30/70 City

You’d have got long odds on us making the champions league final at the start of the season and because of far we’ve gone worth a ton of money, something like 120 m euros. And we made the top 4. At the start of the season I hoped for more than top 4,but I’ll settle for it. in fact truth be told I think we were lucky at times. We played Liverpool and Leicester when they were missing key players.  It we still had to beat them. Athletico and real were weak but real still beat Liverpool. 

Manu had a cra* finish to the season as well, like us probably tired from so many games. 
I don’t know why Tuchel wants to put James in the back 3 at such a vital stage of the season but I’m sure there’s a reason. I also think most of the players respect him and I like what he says in interviews. 
‘Citeh will probably thrash is in champs league final, but I hope we put up a good show. 
we do need more to win. Kane would be the right choice for us, that and another good midfielder to cover for Kante 

After spending £150m on our attack, it is a massive disappointment the way they’ve performed this season. 

Werner - disappointing 

Pulsic - Flashes but disappointing 

Havertz - Flashes but disappointing 

Ziyech - flashes but disappointing 

All of the attackers have shown flashes and moments this year but not consistently. The attack should have done way better. 

30 minutes ago, JM7 said:

After spending £150m on our attack, it is a massive disappointment the way they’ve performed this season. 

Werner - disappointing 

All of the attackers have shown flashes and moments this year but not consistently. The attack should have done way better. 

Offside Werner - The most clinical striker in history. 

3 hours ago, ozboy said:

You’d have got long odds on us making the champions league final at the start of the season and because of far we’ve gone worth a ton of money, something like 120 m euros. And we made the top 4. At the start of the season I hoped for more than top 4,but I’ll settle for it. in fact truth be told I think we were lucky at times. We played Liverpool and Leicester when they were missing key players.  It we still had to beat them. Athletico and real were weak but real still beat Liverpool. 

Manu had a cra* finish to the season as well, like us probably tired from so many games. 
I don’t know why Tuchel wants to put James in the back 3 at such a vital stage of the season but I’m sure there’s a reason. I also think most of the players respect him and I like what he says in interviews. 
‘Citeh will probably thrash is in champs league final, but I hope we put up a good show. 
we do need more to win. Kane would be the right choice for us, that and another good midfielder to cover for Kante 

We played Liverpool at home with Kepa in goal and with 10 men for most of the game.

37 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Werner - disappointing 

That is a good point. Maybe Roman would have tempered his Havertz expectations after he got covid and him being so young however both Werner and Ziyech are hardly young players and Pulisic had had time to adapt already.

Yet Jorginho is our top scorer in the league at that is both embarrassing and unforgivable from that lot.

44 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

That is a good point. Maybe Roman would have tempered his Havertz expectations after he got covid and him being so young however both Werner and Ziyech are hardly young players and Pulisic had had time to adapt already.

Yet Jorginho is our top scorer in the league at that is both embarrassing and unforgivable from that lot.

Playing Devil’s advocate here and Tuchel alluded to this, hypothetically if we had allowed Werner to take the pens he would have had 13goals & 8 assists. That wouldn’t look shabby for a 1st season.

1 minute ago, ducavis said:

Playing Devil’s advocate here and Tuchel alluded to this, hypothetically if we had allowed Werner to take the pens he would have had 13goals & 8 assists. That wouldn’t look shabby for a 1st season.

Would be funny come Saturday if it comes down to penalties and Werner is our last man...........

I think with missing sitters his penalties would also be poor.

There's a reason why not many teams win the treble, too many games over too short a period, must also be worse for a new manager to the EPL.

We have had injures during that period too, Kante, Kovacic, Christensen and now Mendy.