Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

Ofc it's easy for us to say now that he's done it but, I genuinely don't think any other coach could have come in and done such a good job in such a short time. The level of coaching has been so high. It's funny because while the narrative was in the favour of City in hindsight this game always favoured by us.

B/c of our position when he took over pretty much all of our games had been to an effect 'cup finals'. Looking back at how many tightly contested games we played this season under TT this final resembled what we had been experiencing all season.

Every game we played this season with Tuchel was with the pressure to win. Whereas in terms of high stakes, this game was probably the most pressure I think City have ever felt as a club aside from maybe the title winning game way back in 2012. This season I think despite playing knockout games in the ucl, city didn't really have to play to the level we did under TT. City was so used to just winning without too much resistance and while that takes mental fortitude it's not the same as needing to win at all costs.

Of all the big games he managed, I could only think the FA cup final as the only one we didn't "show up" 100%. Given the schedule and the limited training sessions he had with the team, it's quite extraordinary he could have set the team right ( selection and mentality) just about every time, and have the players to implement his plans successfully. If only he had a pre-season and a better striker, could do some serious damage next season. At least he doesn't have to face Big Sam's WBA next season, that game definitely rubbed him wrong, although we could all laugh about it now😄

16 hours ago, Deino said:

Humble pie for breakfast. Lovely 

Amen to that, tastes good. I have both credited him and criticized him, and after the FA cup final suggested that a season without top 4 and no trophies could see him sacked since Frank was sacked for being in the same boat.

Bottom line is he delivered and I am very grateful and thankful he did. 

Great job TT!

14 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Don't know if this has been said already but PSG sacked him because he only reached the final and Ligue 1 was a given, after sacking him they didn't reach the final and didn't even win Ligue 1...

The Irony of it all.

Their bad judgment has come back to bite them while watching him guide his next club to the final and win it this time.

1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

Don't know if this has been said already but PSG sacked him because he only reached the final and Ligue 1 was a given, after sacking him they didn't reach the final and didn't even win Ligue 1...

They also said he had problems with Leonardo. Everything adds up. 

Here's a million dollar question.

If he wins a PL title with us becoming  the first Chelsea manager to do both then does Jose get knocked down to number two?

8 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Ofc it's easy for us to say now that he's done it but, I genuinely don't think any other coach could have come in and done such a good job in such a short time. The level of coaching has been so high. It's funny because while the narrative was in the favour of City in hindsight this game always favoured by us.

B/c of our position when he took over pretty much all of our games had been to an effect 'cup finals'. Looking back at how many tightly contested games we played this season under TT this final resembled what we had been experiencing all season.

Every game we played this season with Tuchel was with the pressure to win. Whereas in terms of high stakes, this game was probably the most pressure I think City have ever felt as a club aside from maybe the title winning game way back in 2012. This season I think despite playing knockout games in the ucl, city didn't really have to play to the level we did under TT. City was so used to just winning without too much resistance and while that takes mental fortitude it's not the same as needing to win at all costs.

The game summed up during the KdB clash with Rudi.

KdB could have played through the pain or urged the team on and it might even galvanized them. Instead he was crying whilst leaving the pitch.

Rudi was playing with a mask because of his broken jaw from the Real game. 

One side just wanted it more and it showed.

2 minutes ago, Deino said:

KdB could have played through the pain or urged the team on and it might even galvanized them. Instead he was crying whilst leaving the pitch.

To be fair the lad fractured his face. He couldn't play on even if he wanted to. 

Silva was crying after going off injured too and his was a muscular injury. 

I really don't think KdB can be criticised for going off last night. 

12 minutes ago, Argo said:

If he wins a PL title with us becoming  the first Chelsea manager to do both then does Jose get knocked down to number two?

Jose won 3 PL, 2 of them in back to back seasons. A couple of FA cups and League cups in there too.

If Tuchel won the PL next year then he's certified no. 2 imo.

It'd be 

1) Jose

2) TT

3) Robbie

4) Carlo

5) Conte

Just now, ForeverCarefree said:

To be fair the lad fractured his face. He couldn't play on even if he wanted to. 

I'm not criticizing KdB at all. It's the same with the Salah injury. Both could at least cheer the team on as they went off the pitch. 

Safety is safety but if the desire shines through, it will show in one way or another. 

11 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I think the doctor called it for concussion, no chance of him playing on. He looked like he was hit by a train, which i suppose he was.

1 hour ago, Deino said:

I'm not criticizing KdB at all. It's the same with the Salah injury. Both could at least cheer the team on as they went off the pitch. 

Safety is safety but if the desire shines through, it will show in one way or another. 

Think that’s a little harsh. He was clearly injured and disappointed at the same time. Silva was equally as disappointed when he left. No way KDB could have played on either. World class player we were robbed of. 

I think he will get funds and new players though the only thing to match this season is winning the league or the CL again.

Expect our rivals all to strengthen this summer and arguably from already a stronger starting place so although I think we can win silverware am less than confident it will be major honours.

3 hours ago, Argo said:

If we win the PL title in 2 seasons that would mean that TT would stay for at least one more and that's basically 4 seasons with 1 manager, pretty rare. That alone would put him in the conversation IMO

7 hours ago, Deino said:

He had a left orbital fracture and a acute nose bone fracture. 
I think that is a very valid reason to leave the pitch. 
Even if he wanted to play the doc would never let him play. 
The medical staff has to be very cautious with head injuries nowaday. 
Try heading with an orbital fracture or getting the ball kicked in the face from close range without a mask (and even with). 
Him leaving the pitch was the only sane option. 

3 hours ago, WeatherMan said:

Words fail me....well actually they don't but if I were to post what I really thought about this post I'd be banned.

I think he was trolling. seeing that his nickname is TheGermanOne. 

Great coach. He worked wonders this season. To pick us up from 9th to 4th in the league. That alone was an achievement in itself.

But to win us the champions league bloody hell.

I really hope the board back him and allow him to get the players he wants this summer. 

12 hours ago, Deino said:

seems Kdb had two broken bones.. 

12 hours ago, Argo said:

Good question. Tuchel will be in the top 2 if he pulled it off, but I don't think winning just 1 PL title will surpass him.

I think either 2 PL titles; or another CL trophy + 1 PL title will surpass or at least equal him. Mourinho winning 3 PL titles is very impressive in its own right.

If Tuchel won the title next season, I would rank it as:

1. Jose Mourinho (3 PL titles, 1 FA Cup, 3 League Cups)
  2. Thomas Tuchel (1 CL trophy, 1 PL title)
  3. Antonio Conte (1 PL title, 1 FA Cup)
  4. Roberto Di Matteo (1 CL trophy, 1 FA Cup)
  5. Carlo Ancelotti (1 PL title, 1 FA Cup)
  6. Gianluca Vialli (1 Cup Winners Cup, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup)

Apparently the cup win triggered a contract extension clause in his contract but the club are negotiating a new deal with improved terms with Tuchel anyway. 

Going to be interesting to see what his plans are for the team next season, whether he persist with the 3 at the back or tries to shift to a formation that accommodates more attacking players. 

10 hours ago, JM7 said:

Every time we’ve won a major trophy, the following season has been poor and we haven’t built on the seasons success. I really hope the club have learned their lesson this time. 

we have also gone for mass changes everytime we have won - under Conte we sold Matic and Costa. Under Mourinho - Players aged out and we bought Papa Djibouti.. and Baba Rehman for Felipe Luiz.. i just hope we build on top and not go far mass changes..