Jump to content

Official Thomas Tuchel


coco
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

He played a 433 against Leeds this season already, didn't he? Albeit not a successful experiment at the times it clearly shows he's been already thinking about other formations/tactics and he clearly hasn't any dogmatic approach to those things either so I'm pretty certain they'll adress these points. At best we keep the 343 and add another one to the mix against different opponents. We defended with a 523 more often than not yesterday and I'm glad we did it that way because it was PERFECT but even when I wouldn't like to switch out one single player of our starting formation I could very well see James playing the RCB and say CHO (or Hakimi..) the RWB so it could become a fluid 433 just as well. Doesn't work with Azpi though so there is that.

What I actually don't see realistically - but who knows - is us completely ditching one of our defenders in order to bring in an additional striker. Although I'd love to see it and with the pre-season time maybe TT gets this rolling. I'd rather see Werner/Pulisic/Mr.X/Havertz/Mount/Zyiech battling it out - with 6 players for three positions. With Ziyech and Mount theoretically being able to play as CAM in a 433 at times if that could be established. I guess that would also mean that at least one unhappy player wants to move on come season 22/23 or even in the next winter transfer window depending on how we perform. Since the summer break won't be a long rest either thanks to the EC and we just came from one madly congested season I think everybody could theoretically get his share of minutes (mind Tammy and Giroud are gone imho and I don't see CHO challenging for those spots either (RWB role or loan).

Since most of our attackers can play multiple positions anyway we'd have something like that:

Werner/Pulisic/Mount - Striker/Havertz/Werner - Mount/Havertz/Ziyech

Edited by weetee
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Jangz said:

seems Kdb had two broken bones.. 

2 fractures, both are minor ones. A few painkillers and a couple of weeks of rest and he'll be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it officially off-season already or will we be able to hear anything directly from the man in the coming days? I miss him already... Gimme some press conferences, please!!

On KdB's injury, is it possible that it was due to Rudi's mask? I didn't see it again at slow motion, but blocks like that aren't that unusual, so it seems plausible that that's what caused such damage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JM7 said:

Every time we’ve won a major trophy, the following season has been poor and we haven’t built on the seasons success. I really hope the club have learned their lesson this time. 

I think you are talking about Hazard era. When you build your team around a player and the guy decide to take season off, bad thing happens

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The next step for Tuchel is to transform us into perennial pl contender which in this days mean getting 95+ points year in year out. 

We got 66 points this season, so we need 30 more points

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, I’m cooling down from Saturday and shaken off the hangover so it’s time to say thanks to Tuchel for this trophy, having achieved the CL playing fantastic football, has been an excellent achievement. Some might say we had the easier path, possibly true, but Atleti and Real Madrid were no easy teams to play, and Porto is a well drilled team. Also, I think Bayern would have been tougher but I believe that we would have beaten PSG, they have a weak mentality and we would have prevailed. And the way the team played the final, City had one shot on target and despite all the possession, we had the better chances and we were the better team over all. So much good work done in a small period of time it’s amazing. So excellent job Tuchel.

Now, in the domestic front it’s been a roller coaster. From beating convincingly City to losing points to Arsenal, not showing up for the FA Cup final and losing at Villa Park only to get top 4 thanks to Spurs. A roller coaster and not entirely Tuchel’s fault. I’ll say the same as with Frank, congestion of games had our players at the limit, sometimes they did not show up, but also there’s some blame to be placed on the coach.

Overall, great job, excellent winning the CL but I’d like to see an improvement in the EPL against mid and low table teams. I think the coming season, getting back to normal schedule, can see us fighting for the EPL if we get the right signings. He is an excellent coach and I wish that he stays at Chelsea for a long period. We need stability to rebuild the team, I wanted that with Frank and I want it now with Tuchel too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I said after the cup final and the last few league games that he had to do better and feck me! He did much better on Saturday! There are still big flaws that he needs to sort out (some of his own making) but hopefully we'll have a good summer to strengthen the areas we need to and he can progress the team next season. Improving our attacking play and league form whilst mainting a home grown core at the club is what I'm hoping for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RMH said:

 He is an excellent coach and I wish that he stays at Chelsea for a long period. We need stability to rebuild the team, I wanted that with Frank and I want it now with Tuchel too.

Oh how I wish we could keep hold of a good coach for an extended period of time. Obviously that is down to winning things. Tuchel might be that man. Onwards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/05/2021 at 18:42, Bluesince66 said:

I would be disappointed if I was on the board and Tuchel had just lost 2 finals and only got champions league next season because of Tottenham.

Are you now disappointed or a little bit pleased ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the season is over and if Roman doesn’t sign him up for another 3 years he’s a mug. Not going to repeat what’s been stated above but he’s a winner with a proven pedigree now called winning Big Ears 

He’s on another level and with other clubs looking for elite coaches he needs to be tied down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Bob stark said:

The next step for Tuchel is to transform us into perennial pl contender which in this days mean getting 95+ points year in year out. 

We got 66 points this season, so we need 30 more points

 

 

I think our league performance under Tuchel averaged out to a 76 point season. With a full pre season + the young players improving we should be aiming for 80+ next year. Throw in a top striker and we'll defo mount a good title challenge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not going to hold it against Tuchel if we don’t win the league next season, despite whoever we sign this summer. (Unless we sign Mbappe, Haaland and Neymar then maybe I will).

Liverpool signed a very good center back to partner VVD, City are going to spend a fortune after losing, plus Man Utd will try to strengthen.

It’s going to be a really tough one to win. I think it would be unfair to expect Tuchel to deliver us the title, but I hope we’ll be there right to the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bob stark said:

The next step for Tuchel is to transform us into perennial pl contender which in this days mean getting 95+ points year in year out. 

We got 66 points this season, so we need 30 more points

 

 

Well we've got 1 of the 30 already, because last time I looked we ended up on 67 ...  🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 25/01/2021 at 18:06, dansubrosa said:

I wish this wasn’t real. Tuchel certainly won’t have as much patience from me.

Top 4 or he’s out. He’s much more experienced than Super Frank so I expect top 4 as the bare minimum, which Frank would have achieved imo anyway.

This aged well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RMH said:

Ok, I’m cooling down from Saturday and shaken off the hangover so it’s time to say thanks to Tuchel for this trophy, having achieved the CL playing fantastic football, has been an excellent achievement. Some might say we had the easier path, possibly true, but Atleti and Real Madrid were no easy teams to play, and Porto is a well drilled team. Also, I think Bayern would have been tougher but I believe that we would have beaten PSG, they have a weak mentality and we would have prevailed. And the way the team played the final, City had one shot on target and despite all the possession, we had the better chances and we were the better team over all. So much good work done in a small period of time it’s amazing. So excellent job Tuchel.

Now, in the domestic front it’s been a roller coaster. From beating convincingly City to losing points to Arsenal, not showing up for the FA Cup final and losing at Villa Park only to get top 4 thanks to Spurs. A roller coaster and not entirely Tuchel’s fault. I’ll say the same as with Frank, congestion of games had our players at the limit, sometimes they did not show up, but also there’s some blame to be placed on the coach.

Overall, great job, excellent winning the CL but I’d like to see an improvement in the EPL against mid and low table teams. I think the coming season, getting back to normal schedule, can see us fighting for the EPL if we get the right signings. He is an excellent coach and I wish that he stays at Chelsea for a long period. We need stability to rebuild the team, I wanted that with Frank and I want it now with Tuchel too.

I think that our path can't be seen as an easy one all things considered, Tuchel would have known how to beat PSG so we only "avoided" Bayern but that Bayern lost to PSG...

After beating La Liga Champions, La Liga 2nd best team, Porto that was the champion of Portugal last season and is 2nd best this season and Man City the Premier League champions there is no doubt in my mind that CFC has shown who's the best club in Europe this year.

And what a hard year it was, no real pre-season and a full pandemic and here we are with many of our own youth players still developing we already got to the end game... A part of me is scared that if we win a PL title soon that some of the younger players will lose some hunger and motivation to keep going, I fully expected Mount, James and Havertz to become big players for us but not this soon, it's good to have Dave that will remind them that the whole point of all this is to keep winning.

Tuchel fully deserves a "Sancho" or a "Haaland" type of a present from Marina&Roman.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Bluesince66 said:

I think next season will still be to early to challenge for title,but finishing back in top 4 and a cup would be fine by me.

I would agree with this as long as we recruit some better forward players that can actually score.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reports are that, along with discussing his new deal, TT talked to Roman sunday morning about wanting to add 3 new players only and move on more than that.

A new striker, the dream being Haaland at 120mill-150mill if we can get Dortmund to sell and convince him to join us, Lukaku the fallback at 100mill

A new DM with Rice the main target at Tammy plus cash, possibly around 75mill. The young guy from France the back up.

Competition for Reece, apparently that is Adama Traroe at 50mill.

Out looks like Giroud, Tammy, Emerson for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Reports are that, along with discussing his new deal, TT talked to Roman sunday morning about wanting to add 3 new players only and move on more than that.

A new striker, the dream being Haaland at 120mill-150mill if we can get Dortmund to sell and convince him to join us, Lukaku the fallback at 100mill

A new DM with Rice the main target at Tammy plus cash, possibly around 75mill. The young guy from France the back up.

Competition for Reece, apparently that is Adama Traroe at 50mill.

Out looks like Giroud, Tammy, Emerson for sure.

All 3 are very good 

Adama Traore mean back 5 is here to stay. 

True DM who can defend and who can pass is a must 

ST, hmm I promise to myself that I will be nice for at least a week after ucl win so... 

Edited by Bob stark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This aged much better LMAO @CFC_RFC_TID! @dansubrosa

 

On 25/01/2021 at 11:16, axman2526 said:

Disagree. With the amazing squad of players we have and every single one of them having unquestionable loyalty to the Chelsea shirt I expect an experienced manager who is a proven technician to achieve a CL victory as well as top 4. After all he made it to the final last year and surely we have better players than PSG right?!!

 

Edited by axman2526
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Bob stark said:

All 3 are very good 

Adama Traore mean back 5 is here to stay. 

True DM who can defend and who can pass is a must 

ST, hmm I promise to myself that I will be nice for at least a week after ucl win so... 

I would hope not, the 3-5-2 is a good formation to keep in our back pocket but I am not sure it would work when you are playing 60+ games in 4-5 competitions (add on the World Club Cup). Worked for Conte in a season when we were out of Europe, and if you look at Conte’s performance with Juve & Inter, his team never do well in the Cups/Europe. 
 WBs are key players in a 3-5-2, and you will hardly ever substitute them. Can’t see either James/Chiwell starting 45+ games next season and performing at an optimum level, it’s physically impossible. The drop off to the backup WBs is then huge, Azpi and either Alonso/Emerson are clear downgrades and have struggled in the role. Pep, Mourinho and even Akolo have used the 3–4-3/3-5-2 before but dropped it because of its limitations. A 4-4-3 offers you plenty of flexibility going forward as you can chop/change your wingers without too much dip in quality.

Buying a Traore for £50m is not also the solution, for one he is an average winger with bags of pace. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Buying a Traore for £50m is not also the solution, for one he is an average winger with bags of pace. 

I could only really see Traore as an impact sub not sure his ball skills are good enough though certainly fast and difficult to knock off the ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!