Jump to content

Official Thomas Tuchel


coco
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, comtrend said:

Will be interessting to see what formations he will try for next season, besides the 3-4-3. He has played 4-1-4-1/4-2-3-1 with Dortmund and 4-3-3 with PSG. With a proper DM (Rice or Kessie) I believe we can easily change from 3 to 2 center backs, wich will allow for more attacking lineups against teams that defend deep. 

If we are going to switch to a back 4, then a new CB is a must. I have serious doubts that Christensen or Rudiger can play in a back 4. They have only ever looked good for us when we play with 3 CB's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

If we are going to switch to a back 4, then a new CB is a must. I have serious doubts that Christensen or Rudiger can play in a back 4. They have only ever looked good for us when we play with 3 CB's.

That is with Jorginho infront of them. I want a DM that is faster, stronger and who can pass just as good. Kessie fits all of these attributes. 

https://sempremilan.com/ac-milan-star-kessie-leads-all-serie-a-midfielders-in-three-key-statistics

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, comtrend said:

That is with Jorginho infront of them. I want a DM that is faster, stronger and who can pass just as good. Kessie fits all of these attributes. 

https://sempremilan.com/ac-milan-star-kessie-leads-all-serie-a-midfielders-in-three-key-statistics

But the mistakes they were making were more to do with themselves than who was in front of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

But the mistakes they were making were more to do with themselves than who was in front of them.

There were some horrible personal mistakes, but I don't think having huge space between our midfield and defence under Lampard helped. Isolated defenders with some fast attackers at their heels tend to do some strange things. We still have some problems with mistakes in 3-4-3, like Jorginho against WBA and Arsenal recently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/06/2021 at 03:16, comtrend said:

That is with Jorginho infront of them. I want a DM that is faster, stronger and who can pass just as good. Kessie fits all of these attributes. 

https://sempremilan.com/ac-milan-star-kessie-leads-all-serie-a-midfielders-in-three-key-statistics

Potentially a great player but he is definitely not a DM. Part of his success has been his ability to get into the box and score goals, a more box-to-box role than previous where he was used either as a strict AM or DM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Potentially a great player but he is definitely not a DM. Part of his success has been his ability to get into the box and score goals, a more box-to-box role than previous where he was used either as a strict AM or DM.

Almost all of his goals are from penalties. His success this year is because Pioli changed the formation from 4-3-3, where Kessie played box to box, to a 4-2-3-1/3-4-3(in attack). In this formation Kessie is a DM/CM, that uses his physicality against the oposition midfield and keep a tight reign on their creative players. I just like the combination of a strong DM/CM pressuring their creative players, that can also shield the ball and can play some very accurate longballs for counterattacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 05/06/2021 at 18:03, Scott Harris said:

If we are going to switch to a back 4, then a new CB is a must. I have serious doubts that Christensen or Rudiger can play in a back 4. They have only ever looked good for us when we play with 3 CB's.

Every time they've played back 4 they've done it with Kepa, would be a whole different ball game with Edou.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting to follow the emerging stories about the clubs and Tuchel's target this summer.

Seems like the vision is to get young, speedy and immensely talented players again with Hakimi & Haaland the big stories right now. If we were able to land those two and a midfielder perhaps you'd have to think we would be right up there with City and Liverpool for title favorites.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Hakimi chat has come up quickly and think we might need to go to £65m to get him.

I wouldn't be surprised if RA has authorised £150m for player acquisitions and advised to sell or part exchange players to acquire targets.

So would expect Tammy to go as part exchange for Haaland and we pay around £90m

The timing around this and other player movements like CHO possibly to Bayern may delay us moving for more targets quickly enough, like I can't see us getting Rice a week before the season starts. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, we overpay and we sell on under value to move on players we see as surplus to requirements.

Would expect Zouma, Giroud and Alonso or Emerson to move on.

Not sure on Jorginho.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

The Hakimi chat has come up quickly and think we might need to go to £65m to get him.

I wouldn't be surprised if RA has authorised £150m for player acquisitions and advised to sell or part exchange players to acquire targets.

So would expect Tammy to go as part exchange for Haaland and we pay around £90m

The timing around this and other player movements like CHO possibly to Bayern may delay us moving for more targets quickly enough, like I can't see us getting Rice a week before the season starts. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, we overpay and we sell on under value to move on players we see as surplus to requirements.

Would expect Zouma, Giroud and Alonso or Emerson to move on.

Not sure on Jorginho.

 

I confess I'm a little out of touch with the Haaland situation - before we won the CL this year, didn’t he go on record with a list of clubs that he would be prepared to sign for ? From memory weren’t there 3 possibles in the PL , the manc pairing and dippers, Chelsea were definitely ‘civitas non grata’ as I recall - has that changed ?

I imagine that it may have done, but it must surely be linked into getting assurances as to who CFC/TT plans on bringing in this year and it must surely involve some dialogue with TT to convince Haaland of his vision for the future, I would imagine ?

When you see Roman at the end of the CL final he is a genuine football enthusiast and most importantly he’s a Chelsea fan through and through, so I would think that your estimate of RA’s transfer chest may well be correct .

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Where do you think this leaves the academy? I know Tuchel said he’s a fan of younger players but do we think that’s the end of it for now? Reece, Mount and CHO are in the first team, we’re likely to see Tammy sold and Gilmour May go out on loan. 
 

Outside of that, I don’t really see many other opportunities for youth products to come through. The “pathway” that Frank and Jody built seems to have been dissembled. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Where do you think this leaves the academy? I know Tuchel said he’s a fan of younger players but do we think that’s the end of it for now? Reece, Mount and CHO are in the first team, we’re likely to see Tammy sold and Gilmour May go out on loan. 
 

Outside of that, I don’t really see many other opportunities for youth products to come through. The “pathway” that Frank and Jody built seems to have been dissembled. 

Rumours that Ampadu and Conner Gallagher might be involved in the squad next season. 

But to be honest I wouldn't expect a break through every season. You'll probably have a homegrown lad as 3rd choice goalkeeper next season which is a promotion of sorts. 

But for now I think we can content ourselves with having Mount, James, CHO featuring regularly and Gilmour progressing nicely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Where do you think this leaves the academy? I know Tuchel said he’s a fan of younger players but do we think that’s the end of it for now? Reece, Mount and CHO are in the first team, we’re likely to see Tammy sold and Gilmour May go out on loan. 
 

Outside of that, I don’t really see many other opportunities for youth products to come through. The “pathway” that Frank and Jody built seems to have been dissembled. 

That theory was banded about even last summer. There was also the theory Tuchel was going to come in and send the academy lads back to the reserves.

Neither of which came (or where ever going to) come to fruition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Rumours that Ampadu and Conner Gallagher might be involved in the squad next season. 

But to be honest I wouldn't expect a break through every season. You'll probably have a homegrown lad as 3rd choice goalkeeper next season which is a promotion of sorts. 

But for now I think we can content ourselves with having Mount, James, CHO featuring regularly and Gilmour progressing nicely. 

Would make sense if we are going to use our war chest on Haaland and Hakimi.

Ampadu gives us another sitting defensive midfield option for TT to look at. Nowhere near rice levels but can TT unlock more out of him? A cover for Jorginho.

Gallagher gives us a box to box option. A cover for Kovacic.

Maybe this allows Gilmour a loan season for his development?

If Ampadu steps up we save a big fee on Rice. If not we go for Rice next summer when the war chest is refilled. Or maybe it all allows Jorgi to go and we still sign Rice.

Certainly worth having them both around to see if they progress under TT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Sindre said:

Interesting to follow the emerging stories about the clubs and Tuchel's target this summer.

Seems like the vision is to get young, speedy and immensely talented players again with Hakimi & Haaland the big stories right now. If we were able to land those two and a midfielder perhaps you'd have to think we would be right up there with City and Liverpool for title favorites.

 

If we spend more than 200m this summer the pressure will be on our squad to deliver and to challenge Man City for the title in the very near future, specially considering that we spent 200m last summer as well. I don't know if you can find better young talents in the positions of Hakimi and Haaland and if we buy an extra central midfielder I think every fan has the right to expect a run at the PL title.

Our team did well when there were no big expectations in the CL, part from the final where we all wanted to win it so this will be different if we further spend a lot of money and as the CL winners it's only natural to expect more from the team in the PL, top 4 simply isn't good enough and it shouldn't be good enough at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Paddy said:

I confess I'm a little out of touch with the Haaland situation - before we won the CL this year, didn’t he go on record with a list of clubs that he would be prepared to sign for ? From memory weren’t there 3 possibles in the PL , the manc pairing and dippers, Chelsea were definitely ‘civitas non grata’ as I recall - has that changed ?

I imagine that it may have done, but it must surely be linked into getting assurances as to who CFC/TT plans on bringing in this year and it must surely involve some dialogue with TT to convince Haaland of his vision for the future, I would imagine ?

When you see Roman at the end of the CL final he is a genuine football enthusiast and most importantly he’s a Chelsea fan through and through, so I would think that your estimate of RA’s transfer chest may well be correct .

Yes Haaland was not interested by us yet then we won the CL and all the big clubs dropped their interest, so expect he has rethought it and decided perhaps we are not so bad after all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Yes Haaland was not interested by us yet then we won the CL and all the big clubs dropped their interest, so expect he has rethought it and decided perhaps we are not so bad after all.

I only know of and about him by what I’ve read, I haven’t really seen him in action, but if he’s keen, I guess we need someone who can bang ‘em in ?

Be really interesting to see how TT will accommodate the players , I wonder how he would set up with Haaland, Havertz, Mount, Werner and Pulisic at his disposal  - Pep seems to be able to juggle and keep players onside - guess there are worse problems to have ::HeAdS:::   ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


15 hours ago, JM7 said:

Where do you think this leaves the academy? I know Tuchel said he’s a fan of younger players but do we think that’s the end of it for now? Reece, Mount and CHO are in the first team, we’re likely to see Tammy sold and Gilmour May go out on loan. 
 

Outside of that, I don’t really see many other opportunities for youth products to come through. The “pathway” that Frank and Jody built seems to have been dissembled. 

We will be back to loan army mode. The moment we start win now mode and more importantly sign expensive player. It will be difficult for our youngster to breakthrough, their margin of error will be very little. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Gol15 said:

If we spend more than 200m this summer the pressure will be on our squad to deliver and to challenge Man City for the title in the very near future, specially considering that we spent 200m last summer as well. I don't know if you can find better young talents in the positions of Hakimi and Haaland and if we buy an extra central midfielder I think every fan has the right to expect a run at the PL title.

Our team did well when there were no big expectations in the CL, part from the final where we all wanted to win it so this will be different if we further spend a lot of money and as the CL winners it's only natural to expect more from the team in the PL, top 4 simply isn't good enough and it shouldn't be good enough at this point.

Whether we spend £200 million or not, the pressure on the team was always going to be on. Frank was sacked for going through a dip and not challenging City for the PL. This season Abramovich will most likely expect Tuchel to challenge the PL title and have a good run on the cups (FA or CL), independently of how much we spend on new players. Even us fans will expect the team to do well in the PL with a preseason and being back to a more normal schedule of games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

It's a short pre-season re the Euros and if we get the players at the tail end of the transfer window it makes it more difficult.

At least this year we will have similar preseason to the others. One of the things I think that got to our team towards the end of SFL’s reign was our very short preseason because of the extended season before with the FA cup and the delayed CL second leg with Bayer 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!