Jump to content

Official Thomas Tuchel


coco
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, JM7 said:

I was reading about tino livramento’s situation today. He seems very highly rated both internally and externally. Only has 1 year left on his deal. 
 

Seems a lot of the youngsters are cottoning onto the fact that there is no pathway to the first team. 
 

Tuchel has to find a a way of getting him to sign a new deal otherwise we risk losing ANOTHER youth player. Also hoping Tuchel can continue to integrate some youth. 

Sancho and to an extent Pogba have opened a big can of worms unfortunately. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Will be curious to see what he makes of all the loan returns and youth players.

From Sarr, to Chaobah, to Broja, to Gallagher etc I wonder how many, if any, make it in to his squad. His new signings may all be youth and loan returns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Will be curious to see what he makes of all the loan returns and youth players.

From Sarr, to Chaobah, to Broja, to Gallagher etc I wonder how many, if any, make it in to his squad. His new signings may all be youth and loan returns.

Sarr for depth. Chalo, Broja and Gallagher on loan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like we giving up on youth again.. Of the ones who made the cut under SFL .. tomori is sold, Gilmour is out on loan, CHO looks to be out of favour, guehi is sold with every second report linking him with an exit. Tammy been treated like sh*t in the second half last season .. while we keep getting linked to kounde and varane/try to buy hakimi . no wonder livramento and bate  want out… 

I thought last season proved it our youth system is fantastic..

 

at the same time the amount of impatience in our youth today is annoying.. gor every sancho there is a solanke..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jangz said:

Seems like we giving up on youth again.. Of the ones who made the cut under SFL .. tomori is sold, Gilmour is out on loan, CHO looks to be out of favour, guehi is sold with every second repor

None of those got much of a chance under Lampard either. Tomori left the club during Lampard's reign and CHO barely got a sniff with Guehi out on loan somewhere. Gilmour made an appearance here and there as he did under Tuchel and it should be a wise decision to loan him out so he gets a full EPL season under his belt at 20 years of age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, evissy said:

Sarr for depth. Chalo, Broja and Gallagher on loan. 

Personally am hoping a couple more are given a chance than that. 

For starters I would look at giving Chalobah the season to see if he can save us the money on Rice. Like Declan he plays DM or in defence.

 

Something like:

 

Mendy

Kepa

Cummings/Bergstrom

 

Dave

Silva

Christensen

Rudiger 

Sarr

JCS

 

James

Sterling 

Chilwell

Alonso

 

Jorginho

Chalobah

Kovacic

Kante

Gallagher

 

Ziyech

Mount

Werner

Pulisic

 

Havertz

Broja

Ugbo

 

Gives us a 25 man squad. If we are not able to cash in on Tammy then he replaces either Broja or Ugbo and they go on loan.

If we cannot sell CHO then I would sell Gallagher to Newcastle like we did Marc G to Palace and we can use Mount as out 5th choice CM again.

Either way I think is a must we give chances to Sarr and Chalobah in the squad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Personally am hoping a couple more are given a chance than that. 

For starters I would look at giving Chalobah the season to see if he can save us the money on Rice. Like Declan he plays DM or in defence.

 

Something like:

 

Mendy

Kepa

Cummings/Bergstrom

 

Dave

Silva

Christensen

Rudiger 

Sarr

JCS

 

James

Sterling 

Chilwell

Alonso

 

Jorginho

Chalobah

Kovacic

Kante

Gallagher

 

Ziyech

Mount

Werner

Pulisic

 

Havertz

Broja

Ugbo

 

Gives us a 25 man squad. If we are not able to cash in on Tammy then he replaces either Broja or Ugbo and they go on loan.

If we cannot sell CHO then I would sell Gallagher to Newcastle like we did Marc G to Palace and we can use Mount as out 5th choice CM again.

Either way I think is a must we give chances to Sarr and Chalobah in the squad.

I like that. But in reality we are Chelsea. We will buy some names that people know. Will it be Rice and or Haaland remains to be seen but we will buy top player or two. 

Gallagher is too slow and slight of build and too much of a traditional number 10 to fit TT's plans.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Personally am hoping a couple more are given a chance than that. 

For starters I would look at giving Chalobah the season to see if he can save us the money on Rice. Like Declan he plays DM or in defence.

 

Something like:

 

Mendy

Kepa

Cummings/Bergstrom

 

Dave

Silva

Christensen

Rudiger 

Sarr

JCS

 

James

Sterling 

Chilwell

Alonso

 

Jorginho

Chalobah

Kovacic

Kante

Gallagher

 

Ziyech

Mount

Werner

Pulisic

 

Havertz

Broja

Ugbo

 

Gives us a 25 man squad. If we are not able to cash in on Tammy then he replaces either Broja or Ugbo and they go on loan.

If we cannot sell CHO then I would sell Gallagher to Newcastle like we did Marc G to Palace and we can use Mount as out 5th choice CM again.

Either way I think is a must we give chances to Sarr and Chalobah in the squad.

There's zero chance Ugbo will be in the squad.

If we can't sign a forward it will be Havertz and Mando with Werner occasionally playing there when the tactical situation (ie a team that will give him the space of London to run into) allows it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Personally am hoping a couple more are given a chance than that. 

For starters I would look at giving Chalobah the season to see if he can save us the money on Rice. Like Declan he plays DM or in defence.

 

Something like:

 

Mendy

Kepa

Cummings/Bergstrom

 

Dave

Silva

Christensen

Rudiger 

Sarr

JCS

 

James

Sterling 

Chilwell

Alonso

 

Jorginho

Chalobah

Kovacic

Kante

Gallagher

 

Ziyech

Mount

Werner

Pulisic

 

Havertz

Broja

Ugbo

 

Gives us a 25 man squad. If we are not able to cash in on Tammy then he replaces either Broja or Ugbo and they go on loan.

If we cannot sell CHO then I would sell Gallagher to Newcastle like we did Marc G to Palace and we can use Mount as out 5th choice CM again.

Either way I think is a must we give chances to Sarr and Chalobah in the squad.

Sometimes, you live in a bit of a dreamland too much. Don't take that in a negative way, but you are way too optimistic when it comes to our youth and younger ones. I mean last season you were suggesting that Mbuyamba would be featuring for us despite coming over a very serious injury. If you think we will sell Abraham along with Giroud and not buy anothet rstriker and trust Broja and Ugbo to be our only natural forwards is crazy. Ugbo done well in Belgium, but he will be sold when the right offer comes in. He will not feature competitively for us I am sure.

I actually like JCS but again, I would be surprised if he is part of the squad next season. I am sure we are after another experienced keeper too. We wanted Hennessy reportedly but it looks like he chose Burnley.

Sterling will most likely go on loan too. We aren't going to sell CHO, Abraham, Zouma and not sign replacements 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, evissy said:

I like that. But in reality we are Chelsea. We will buy some names that people know. Will it be Rice and or Haaland remains to be seen but we will buy top player or two. 

Gallagher is too slow and slight of build and too much of a traditional number 10 to fit TT's plans.. 

Not a chance it is Haaland or Rice, price is too high.

I realise there is no chance that many youth stay in the squad but I really believe Chalobah is a must because we are looking for some with Delcans characteristics. He is a big, strong guy. Good in the air, a leader and a good passer. It would be foolish not to give him a chance when we have zip all chance of getting rice.

As far as Gallagher goes I do think him going to Newcastle ala Guehi to Palace would be a good move for all.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

There's zero chance Ugbo will be in the squad.

If we can't sign a forward it will be Havertz and Mando with Werner occasionally playing there when the tactical situation (ie a team that will give him the space of London to run into) allows it.

Yes I think you are right there, he would get very few chances if he did stay so would be better for him to go. Genk are apparently close to signing him for between 3-5mill.

5 minutes ago, STATS said:

Sometimes, you live in a bit of a dreamland too much. Don't take that in a negative way, but you are way too optimistic when it comes to our youth and younger ones. I mean last season you were suggesting that Mbuyamba would be featuring for us despite coming over a very serious injury. If you think we will sell Abraham along with Giroud and not buy anothet rstriker and trust Broja and Ugbo to be our only natural forwards is crazy. Ugbo done well in Belgium, but he will be sold when the right offer comes in. He will not feature competitively for us I am sure.

I actually like JCS but again, I would be surprised if he is part of the squad next season. I am sure we are after another experienced keeper too. We wanted Hennessy reportedly but it looks like he chose Burnley.

Sterling will most likely go on loan too. We aren't going to sell CHO, Abraham, Zouma and not sign replacements 😄

Haha well remembered, and that was on me for not doing my homework up to date as I did not realise how bad mbuyamba injury had been. Talent wise i do believe he can make it in our team, if that injury does not set him back too much.

I am a pessimist buy nature @RMH will vouch for that based on my match predictions. However I do believe in giving our youth go, and while many will end up not making it and leaving sometimes I do spot a gem and called both Mount and James as such long before they debuted.

While I am not saying he will be a star Chalobah has gained good expierence in the championship and France's top league and deserves a chance this season to show he can valuable to the squad and that we dont need Rice, or in fact we do if he cannot show enough.

Broja is a hard worker, a presser, just like TT likes. These are the two that should join the squad for sure imo.

Will the squad I put forwarded be used, do I believe it will be? Not a chance. Would I be happy with it? Yes I would as unless we do go and get either Haaland or Kane, and Rice, and Varane, and a world class wide forward, and another top class center back and, above all, a world class keeper to cover Mendys 2 months away in the ACoN, we have as much chance of overtaking City, Pool and United as we do of that being our squad this season.

So for me winning the league is a Pipe dream without major reinforcements.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

I am a pessimist buy nature @RMH will vouch for that based on my match predictions. However I do believe in giving our youth go, and while many will end up not making it and leaving sometimes I do spot a gem and called both Mount and James as such long before they debuted.

While I am not saying he will be a star Chalobah has gained good expierence in the championship and France's top league and deserves a chance this season to show he can valuable to the squad and that we dont need Rice, or in fact we do if he cannot show enough.

Chalobah is coming in off the back of a pretty good season in France so hopefully he’s still got confidence from that. He’s got time to make an impression with most of the first team still on holiday too. 

Am I mistaken in thinking he prefers to play CB but can/does operate as a DM too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Chalobah is coming in off the back of a pretty good season in France so hopefully he’s still got confidence from that. He’s got time to make an impression with most of the first team still on holiday too. 

Am I mistaken in thinking he prefers to play CB but can/does operate as a DM too?

I am not sure on that Munkworth, and I could well be wrong on this, but I believe he mainly played in midfield for Ipswich and when in France too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read that the squad TT has taken to Ireland training camp is the following :

Goalkeepers: Edouard Mendy, Kepa Arrizabalga, Jamie Cumming, Lucas Bergstrom

Defenders: Dujon Sterling, Davide Zappacosta, Trevoh Chalobah, Jake Clarke-Salter, Malang Sarr, Matt Miazga, Marcos Alonso, Baba Rahman

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Conor Gallagher, Lewis Baker

Wingers: Christian Pulisic, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Charly Musonda, Hakim Ziyech

Forwards: Tammy Abraham, Ike Ugbo, Armando Broja

Given that only 5 of the 19 outfield players were in the first team squad last season, it will be very interesting to see how many silk purses TT can come up with in a squad of (perceived) sow's ears from the loan army ...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interestingly for the second half of the friendly apparently Tuchel switched to a 424. Could this be a hint or indication of the shape he intends to use if we do use a back 4.

Who knows but, I find it even more interesting that 343/3421/3241 (or the numerous variations he likes to play) is one of his favourite formations and the 424 is supposed to be as well. 

Coincidentally Conte loved 3atb but, another one of his favourite formations was 424. Does this suggestions 424 and 343 are actually quite similar in personnel/shape and style I'm thinking maybe?

I just find it curious that Conte tried 424 and immediately realised it couldn't work in the prem. So the question is if he uses it, how will Tuchel's version fair?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Interestingly for the second half of the friendly apparently Tuchel switched to a 424. Could this be a hint or indication of the shape he intends to use if we do use a back 4.

Probably just down to the lack of midfielders in the travelling party !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw this on fb, someone was talking about if we did switch to 424 it could look something like this. I think there is a go balance here and Ziyech, CHO, Kova, Dave amongst others could slot right in as well. It seems quite fluid and dynamic.

217572665_294520432450337_3276309581268016559_n.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Remember he said a few months ago that the transfer window could be a real mood breaker inside a club and that he wanted to make sure that didn't happen here with us.

Right now it looks like he'll have his chance to prove that he'll be able to do just that. Season is just over two weeks away and there is very little happening in terms of additions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

Remember he said a few months ago that the transfer window could be a real mood breaker inside a club and that he wanted to make sure that didn't happen here with us.

Right now it looks like he'll have his chance to prove that he'll be able to do just that. Season is just over two weeks away and there is very little happening in terms of additions.

I think the crucial difference between Mou/Conte and himself at previous clubs is he already loves the squad that he inherited. The training videos show no signs of him being unhappy (small sample size i know but we were already starting to see tell tale signs with Conte at this stage in 2017).

Maybe i'm being naive but i think the only way we will trigger THAT side of Tuchel is if we start selling players against his will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just hope the board aren't expecting him to challenge for the league without any major additions - that would be pretty unfair.

It's unbelievable we won the biggest knock-out competition, it is, but winning the league is a different battle altogether. This current squad showed last year they are still a quite a bit off, IMO. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Conte's 17/18 summer made no sense. They gave him players the summer before to challenge for the league, why would you then decrease the level of the squad by adding sub par players. I think the board overestimated Conte's coaching ability....like he's good but no one is that good. 

If you look at the other squads attack that season it's no wonder we finished 5th. Liverpool, City, Spurs all had better attacks than us ours was Hazard do all the work. Had we kept Costa it would have been a different story.

 

Regarding Tuchel he's already said he just wants to coach now, I think he knows the way elite level clubs operate now after his tenure at psg.

Sure he will want signings but, I'm sure he's realistic about what can and can't happen regarding transfers it's not just about who is available or whether they want to come.

Edited by LongtimerLurker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Conte's 17/18 summer made no sense. They gave him players the summer before to challenge for the league, why would you then decrease the level of the squad by adding sub par players. I think the board overestimated Conte's coaching ability....like he's good but no one is that good. 

If you look at the other squads attack that season it's no wonder we finished 5th. Liverpool, City, Spurs all had better attacks than us ours was Hazard do all the work. Had we kept Costa it would have been a different story.

 

Regarding Tuchel he's already said he just wants to coach now, I think he knows the way elite level clubs operate now after his tenure at psg.

Sure he will want signings but, I'm sure he's realistic about what can and can't happen regarding transfers it's not just about who is available or whether they want to come.

I agree with that (although i'm not convinced Conte was the victim he's portrayed as) apart from Costa, he was long past it at that point and was so sh*t back at Atletico they brought in Morata themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seen a few articles saying that he has taken a real liking to Dujon Sterling, and we will be looking to extend his deal and keep him as an alternative to James and Dave.

Not as many saying the following but TT has also been said to be quite impressed by both Sarr and Chalobah, and may keep both on, or just one if our pursuit of Declan Rice bears fruit.

Chaolbahs ability to play both CB and CDM is said to be a positive to TT and a real option if we fail to land Rice.

One that has not surprised TT is Amando Broja, seen it stated he is staying whether we pull of the pie in the sky signing of Haaland or not.

Edited by axman2526
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/07/2021 at 23:59, LongtimerLurker said:

Saw this on fb, someone was talking about if we did switch to 424 it could look something like this. I think there is a go balance here and Ziyech, CHO, Kova, Dave amongst others could slot right in as well. It seems quite fluid and dynamic.

217572665_294520432450337_3276309581268016559_n.jpg

The ©️ next to the #5 

knight dilly dilly GIF by Bud Light

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!