Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

^ Well the terrible American brand on his chestplate is about right. Budweiser is an awful, awful beer, even by lager standards.

I think that if we are going to play a back four, Thiago Silva will have to be one of the two centre-backs. We can't rely that heavily on a defender who will be 37 in September.

‘I accept the award very gratefully as a great honour for the entire team because I see myself as a team player,’ said Tuchel on receiving the award.

‘I don’t believe in individual awards too much, I truly believe it is a team effort, not only the players on the pitch everybody loves, but the team behind the team. I don’t do this alone. I do it with my staff, not only my German and Hungarian staff but all the people at Cobham. It’s incredible to be part of because there we have an incredible amount of quality and support.

‘Football teams can win without the coaches, but coaches cannot win without the team. It’s a reward for the team and what we did, and now let’s get on.’

I do like to listen to him. he's a cleaver chap and has a great sense of humor. great questions. I do really hope Roman backs him and bring his targets this window. It's great to be the Europian champion again, but the thrill of winning the Premiere league is a little bit more intense. we need to answer to the City and Utd buying spree.

On 31/07/2021 at 22:40, mojo said:

I do like to listen to him. he's a cleaver chap and has a great sense of humor. great questions. I do really hope Roman backs him and bring his targets this window. It's great to be the Europian champion again, but the thrill of winning the Premiere league is a little bit more intense. we need to answer to the City and Utd buying spree.

Tbf the gap between us and city/pool is quite big. To bridge the gap we need game changer players and they are very2 difficult to find. 

We basically need to transform from a team who create very little and not really great at finishing into team who create more and more clinical and still retain the defensive solidity. A Costa + Fab type window is kinda what we need. But imagine if we got Fabregas. Midfield of Fabregas + kova or Fabregas + Jorginho will be total disaster. 

Tuchel should be a few days away from getting some new toys to play with, it would be shocking if the board doesn't sign any transfer target.

Edited by Gol15

So latest rumours around TT and what he has thought of the players at his disposal this preseason.

We know who are 3 keepers are already.

Trev Chalobah in line to be kept around IF deal for Kounde falls through. CB list expected to be Zouma, Christensen, Silva, Rudiger, Kounde or Chalobah.

Fullbacks remain as you were, James or Dave, Chilwell or Alonso. TT happy with CHO and Pulisic as extra offensive options against deep sitting sides.

Sterling considered to be kept as a floater option for both CB and RWB.

Drinkwater under serious consideration to be kept around as TT has been impressed enough for him to be 4th choice, and their is not interest in him elsewhere.

RLC, as TT stated publically, has it "in his own hands" to stay.

No interest in Tammy at our quoted price means he will be staying and acting as our back up. Interest in Broja and no interest in Batman will see the former go out on loan. Our striker order is set to be Havertz, Abraham then Batman.

Sterling is the only youth who may stay aside from Chalobah, the rest likely sold or loaned.

Baka ruled out entirely regardless of his contact situation, efforts continuing to ship out Maziaga, Zappacosta, Emerson, Kenedy and Barkley.

From various bits and pieces.

9 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Further to that it go me thinking what a very attacking TT line up against a deep packaged defence may be:

Mendy

James

Silva

Rudiger

CHO

Jorgi/Kante

RLC

Pulisic

Havertz

Abraham

Mount

It is going be a disaster. 

41 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

So latest rumours around TT and what he has thought of the players at his disposal this preseason.

We know who are 3 keepers are already.

Trev Chalobah in line to be kept around IF deal for Kounde falls through. CB list expected to be Zouma, Christensen, Silva, Rudiger, Kounde or Chalobah.

Fullbacks remain as you were, James or Dave, Chilwell or Alonso. TT happy with CHO and Pulisic as extra offensive options against deep sitting sides.

Sterling considered to be kept as a floater option for both CB and RWB.

Drinkwater under serious consideration to be kept around as TT has been impressed enough for him to be 4th choice, and their is not interest in him elsewhere.

RLC, as TT stated publically, has it "in his own hands" to stay.

No interest in Tammy at our quoted price means he will be staying and acting as our back up. Interest in Broja and no interest in Batman will see the former go out on loan. Our striker order is set to be Havertz, Abraham then Batman.

Sterling is the only youth who may stay aside from Chalobah, the rest likely sold or loaned.

Baka ruled out entirely regardless of his contact situation, efforts continuing to ship out Maziaga, Zappacosta, Emerson, Kenedy and Barkley.

From various bits and pieces.

Good investigating 

4 hours ago, Bob stark said:

It is going be a disaster. 

Lol so long as Silva keeps his head we should be fine.

4 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Good investigating 

Well all based on reports and speculation. Will see how much of it pans out over the next month.

Realistically, we were not going to spend like last season, we were after couple of key players and just haven't got them. Tuchel probably never trained the team for more than a week after he took over, we were playing every 3-4 days. Therefore it's actually beneficial for him to not having new players to deal with for now, but focusing on train and evaluate players for the upcoming season. The striker and defender will come, may end up to be a deadline day deal after some crazy merry go around.

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Lol so long as Silva keeps his head we should be fine.

Well all based on reports and speculation. Will see how much of it pans out over the next month.

Jorginho - Ruben with 0 protection on the wing is total disaster

Anyone feel Tuchel is already not satisfied with Chelsea. We are aiming to buy a big name striker, Rice and apparently Kounde and nothing has happened for weeks. He already seemed a bit frustrated in his last post match interview now that we play these weird Mind series games against London rivals... This type of stuff led him into hot water in his last clubs. 

2 hours ago, evissy said:

Anyone feel Tuchel is already not satisfied with Chelsea. We are aiming to buy a big name striker, Rice and apparently Kounde and nothing has happened for weeks. He already seemed a bit frustrated in his last post match interview now that we play these weird Mind series games against London rivals... This type of stuff led him into hot water in his last clubs. 

I think he's still waiting patiently, at the end of the day we still have just under a month left of the transfer window. I'm sure he has an open dialogue with the board and he's informed on everything going on behind the scenes.

Apparently Tuchel had said he wouldn't personaly get involved in transfers (I.e make any calls) but, this stance has since changed and he may if he hasn't already make a call to a certain Belgian striker. Whether this is speculation or true will remain to be seen of course.

2 hours ago, evissy said:

I think he's still waiting patiently, at the end of the day we still have just under a month left of the transfer window. I'm sure he has an open dialogue with the board and he's informed on everything going on behind the scenes.

Apparently Tuchel had said he wouldn't personaly get involved in transfers (I.e make any calls) but, this stance has since changed and he may if he hasn't already make a call to a certain Belgian striker. Whether this is speculation or true will remain to be seen of course.

8 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

He is calm about the whole situation, at the same time I'm guessing he probably wishes that a new player comes rather sooner than later so that he has more time with him during the remaining days of the pre-season. 

12 hours ago, evissy said:

We are all very grateful to him for delivering a CL title none of us will forget in a hurry.

However do you think he seriously expects us to spend 80mill on Kounde, 100mill on Rice and either 120mill on Lukaku or 200mill on Haaland (including Minos cut) and if we do not he would be unhappy with the club?

That is 300-400mill on 3 players. We are no City nor PSG. They are the only clubs who can afford to do that.

9 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

We are all very grateful to him for delivering a CL title none of us will forget in a hurry.

However do you think he seriously expects us to spend 80mill on Kounde, 100mill on Rice and either 120mill on Lukaku or 200mill on Haaland (including Minos cut) and if we do not he would be unhappy with the club?

That is 300-400mill on 3 players. We are no City nor PSG. They are the only clubs who can afford to do that.

I honestly don't expect us to sign Rice at all but a new striker and a defender shouldn't be that hard to find even if it's not Haaland/Lukaku. We got around 25m for Tomori and we're open to sell Zouma, Alonso and so on...

15 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I honestly don't expect us to sign Rice at all but a new striker and a defender shouldn't be that hard to find even if it's not Haaland/Lukaku. We got around 25m for Tomori and we're open to sell Zouma, Alonso and so on...

Not sure how happy he would be if we just get him second rate signings like say an Ings or a Matip.

5 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Not sure how happy he would be if we just get him second rate signings like say an Ings or a Matip.

An alternative for Haaland could be the 21 year old Vlahovic from Fiorentina for 60-70m, an alternative for Kounde could be Hermoso from Atletico Madrid... At this point in time we can find some decent new signings without spending 150m on Haaland.

7 hours ago, Gol15 said:

An alternative for Haaland could be the 21 year old Vlahovic from Fiorentina for 60-70m, an alternative for Kounde could be Hermoso from Atletico Madrid... At this point in time we can find some decent new signings without spending 150m on Haaland.

Nah, if you can't get your first option it is better to wait rather than signing 2nd choice. 

Morata and Zappacosta are two very good examples 

3 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Nah, if you can't get your first option it is better to wait rather than signing 2nd choice. 

Morata and Zappacosta are two very good examples 

Wait for what? If we don't sign Haaland now we won't sign him at all so might as well find another transfer target...