Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

27 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Wait for what? If we don't sign Haaland now we won't sign him at all so might as well find another transfer target...

United did not get Sancho last season. They got him this season. 

11 hours ago, Bob stark said:

United did not get Sancho last season. They got him this season. 

Not even relevant to Haaland's situation and our own. Haaland most likely won't even consider joining our team once Real Madrid comes for him and Tuchel doesn't rate Tammy, Giroud is gone so we can't start the season with only Havertz as the only striker that Tuchel trusts in, the board will sign a striker this window.

20 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Not even TT can make Baka look like a professional footballer.

He was quite dire again.. really strange. Its as if his Chelsea career is cursed.. He comes on in a friendly passes the ball straight to Lamps under no pressure and you know he is not going to be a part of the squad.. Plays for tuchel gets robbed and we end up conceeding.. i would bit anyone's hand off for 15-20 mil for him - maybe even 10-15 mil at this point.

20 minutes ago, Jangz said:

He was quite dire again.. really strange. Its as if his Chelsea career is cursed.. He comes on in a friendly passes the ball straight to Lamps under no pressure and you know he is not going to be a part of the squad.. Plays for tuchel gets robbed and we end up conceeding.. i would bit anyone's hand off for 15-20 mil for him - maybe even 10-15 mil at this point.

I think he just loathes he made the long deal. Every season he has to come back to be laughed at in the pre-season. He just absolutely doesn't want to ve here. Fine by me. I just wish we could sell him pretty quick. 

Thinking out loud here,

Seeing the mess we are in with bringing in new strikers makes me wonder if we are better playing a front three of:

Werner, Ziyech and Havertz  (Pulisic at times too)

It would remind me a little of Liverpool who do not play with an orthodox striker.

Could this work with TT coaching.

I have a strange feeling it might be better than having Lukaku leading the line.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Thinking out loud here,

Seeing the mess we are in with bringing in new strikers makes me wonder if we are better playing a front three of:

It would remind me a little of Liverpool who do not play with an orthodox striker.

I have a strange feeling it might be better than having Lukaku leading the line.

???  

I assume that you are putting Mount in the midfield?  

1 hour ago, Valpo said:

???  

I assume that you are putting Mount in the midfield?  

Yes central of the three. Though think with these attacking midfielders they can be more flexible than having an obvious target man. So if Havertz injured then Mount goes front right side and Kante, Jorgy and Kova in midfield.

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Thinking out loud here,

This is why I feel paying 100m for Lukaku is not smart. I would much rather see Werner not being offside or finishing the simple chances he get. He is now one season smarter. He scored 28 goals for Leipzig couple seasons back. It is all in his head. 

Adding to that Ziyech and Havertz who are also acclimatised to the Prem. 

Will Lukaku bring 25-30 goals with him? 

8 minutes ago, evissy said:

I don't think he will be so productive here more 15-20. Still he might be a useful foil for one of the others.

Lukaku can get quite upset when he does not get the ball he wanted, not sure how this will go down with the rest of the squad, Rudiger comes to mind........

15 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Thinking out loud here,

Having orthodox st is irrelevant, city won it with kdb playing as cf, pool won it without true no 9.

If timo werner is a clinical st, we won't be having this conversation. What we are looking for is a player who can help us score. 

11 hours ago, evissy said:

This is why I feel paying 100m for Lukaku is not smart. I would much rather see Werner not being offside or finishing the simple chances he get. He is now one season smarter. He scored 28 goals for Leipzig couple seasons back. It is all in his head. 

Adding to that Ziyech and Havertz who are also acclimatised to the Prem. 

Timo being offside or missing easy chances is not the problem. Timo being useless against packed defense is the problem. 

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

Timo being offside or missing easy chances is not the problem. Timo being useless against packed defense is the problem. 

Is Lukaku better in that scenario? If you watch his goals from last season nothing suggest of that. 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

Is Lukaku better in that scenario? If you watch his goals from last season nothing suggest of that. 

Honestly against packed defense the bar that Werner set is so low that almost any player is better. 

Having said that, Lukaku will be a big upgrade. Contrary to what people said, Lukaku is a very2 good striker, he will improve us big time, he is fast but not quick, he is very2 strong but not really great in the air but his combination of power and speed allow him to play bullyball. I am actually quite confident that Lukaku will be great for us. The biggest and only concern is simply his age. How fast will Lukaku decline once he hit 30.

I really hope so. 

Anyway think about the matches we struggled to score in last season. I remember us rotating the ball form side to the other many times through defenders and midfielders. Then we get close to the goal and the opponent has 10 players in the box, behind the ball. You basically have cutback, towering header, smart run/accurate pass and shoot outside the box in your arsenal. Now I remember us wasting even good cutback passes many times, towering headers were not there as Giroud wasn't our starter nor was he good enough many times (Tammy's major weakness is his below par heading), smart run/accurate pass is what we really lack. City is brilliant in that. Shooting outside the box we don't do. Ziyech is doing it but he didn't play much last season nor did he hit the target apart from 2 goals maybe. 

If you think about it Lukaku is not the type of solution in those games. Maybe the City's non-striker or false-9 is the way to go. What they've have in their advantage is 11 senior players that have played with each other for a long time. 

Anyway in the smart run/accurate pass situations if we can find a good pair for Lukaku he might find the goal with better percentages over Werner. Werner wasted so many chances due to offside or below par finishing. 

I would say a perfect player for us is a player who can finish from anywhere just like Diego Costa, Suarez or Aguero. Personally Lukaku is not equipped with their skillset. Lukaku always needs space. 

Now I realise there is no one available with those skills so we are buying a second choice player for our record fee. Somehow it feels wrong. 

Edited by evissy

4 hours ago, evissy said:

I tend to agree though Lukaku does score headed goals so has to be marked in the box allowing a pass or knock down for someone else, hopefully.

Tuchel will have a lot of attacking options.

Pulisic, havertz, mount, Werner, ziyech, CHO, lukaku

looks like Tammy will go

but we do have a lot of games. So, I think it’s a good thing to have strength in depth.

I think Tuchel will adopt the  Pep's approach , rotating attacking players  every game and keep players contend and keeps winning ( the hard part). He will probably need to do it because the fixtures, could see 2 very different teams for the league and cup games.

We needed another attacker and most likely we will get another defender so we will have enough depth for the PL and CL and also a few more tactical options as well.

E8NK9inXoAUpGku?format=jpg&name=large

I'm convinced that we can play a 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 with Kounde as well.

15 hours ago, Jezq8 said:

looks like Tammy will go

And so he should too. I have love for the young man. 

Met his dad before through his dad's pal I used to work with and seem to be a decent humble family but that stunt (some would say sh*t) Tammy pulled through his gf was totally reprehensible and though she said the truth, very disrespectful to the gaffer and players selected. 

Those are the kind of truths you knock your manager's door and say to him face to face (which he could well have done), and not through a WAG on social media. 

4 hours ago, abister1 said:

And so he should too. I have love for the young man. 

Met his dad before through his dad's pal I used to work with and seem to be a decent humble family but that stunt (some would say sh*t) Tammy pulled through his gf was totally reprehensible and though she said the truth, very disrespectful to the gaffer and players selected. 

Those are the kind of truths you knock your manager's door and say to him face to face (which he could well have done), and not through a WAG on social media. 

Thankfully I have no clue what you're on about. Please don't bother to explain  :laugh2:

I’ve got a feeling he will change the shape, we’ve got 6 good players for 2 attacking positions if we Lukaku is up front.

Werner, Mount, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO.

It’s a waste to have 4 good players on the bench at any given time, 2 of them need a loan or sold so we can invest in say a CM which we could really use.