Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, charierre said:

Ruben has Covid

Okay. Didn't know that. Maybe he is in Tuchel's plans. He actually has to be because he is not (unofficially) transfer listed. Barkley, Drinkwater and Bakayoko are. 

Good news if we are to instill Ruben to the squad. He looked so much better than year ago in the couple friendlies we had. 

3 hours ago, evissy said:

Okay. Didn't know that. Maybe he is in Tuchel's plans. He actually has to be because he is not (unofficially) transfer listed. Barkley, Drinkwater and Bakayoko are. 

Good news if we are to instill Ruben to the squad. He looked so much better than year ago in the couple friendlies we had. 

We also have James and Chalobah who played really good seasons for Wigan and Liorent respectively in midfield.

On 17/08/2021 at 05:04, axman2526 said:

Is indeed. It is nice to enjoy the romantic notion that a Chelsea manager could remain for the long run, he is a genuinely likeable guy and a top manager.

But we have seen it too many times before. The players get bored of the managers methods, the message is no longer well received, the tactics are top ridged. Those left out become problems in the dressing room. 

Results faulter, our place in the top 4 is at risk and Roman acts. We just enjoy the ride while it lasts.

I said this in January and got mocked for it but there is not that many better places to create a medium term legacy than us despite our reputation of sacking managers (get to that in a moment).

You are strongly backed, have one of the best academy's in the world to dip into and are left to your own devices on the training field. How many other clubs can offer those three to such the level we do? People will point to our record of sacking managers as a counter to what I've just said well ofcourse strong results have to follow such backing but once you get them world is your oyster.

20 hours ago, evissy said:

Sounds a bit risky. We are going for the treble. 

Problem is no one of any note will come to play that fourth choice role so that's when you have to improvise a bit.

I'm not a fan of James as a wingback so if that's going to be his main position this season I wouldn't be against him playing CM on occasions.

7 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I don't agree with the notion that Mount and James can or should be played as a DM and I'm unsure if RLC would want to play there to begin with. Ampadu, sure that's 1.

James was excellent there for Wigan, Trev was in France. They can cover as need be imo.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

I said this in January and got mocked for it but there is not that many better places to create a medium term legacy than us despite our reputation of sacking managers (get to that in a moment).

You are strongly backed, have one of the best academy's in the world to dip into and are left to your own devices on the training field. How many other clubs can offer those three to such the level we do? People will point to our record of sacking managers as a counter to what I've just said well ofcourse strong results have to follow such backing but once you get them world is your oyster.

You have to win and keep winning. What you have achieved gives you only so much grace. You must win, win and win.

As we have seen before the players get bored, with the manager, his tactics, his methods and then they sulk off for a few months and the manager is let go.

Be really nice if TT breaks this cycle, really would. Is just really unlikely.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

James was excellent there for Wigan, Trev was in France. They can cover as need be imo.

I don't buy it, saw him trying to play in the central midfield under Lampard and he didn't know what to do with the ball...

Since a lot of people want us to play back 4. One way to do this is to play something of 442

Offense 

Werner - Lukaku 

Chillwell - Mount - Havertz - CHO

Jorginho

Rudi - Chris - Azpi

Defense

Werner - Lukaku 

Mount - Jorginho - Havertz - CHO

Chil - Rudi - Chris - Azpi

This is very offensive and will test our midfield because the dm will need to basically protect the backline by himself plus he need to provide the ball progression 

Edited by Bob stark

Ohh man does Klopp ever shut up. I am glad we don’t have to listen to him every week. Clearly seems to have bought into the self proclaimed aristocracy of LFC.. I hope we bury the dippers this season.. still remember the Lamps spat with him 18 months back and his patronising tone then..  I just find him a cry baby.. and quite irritating to listen to

8 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Since a lot of people want us to play back 4. One way to do this is to play something of 442

Offense 

Werner - Lukaku 

Chillwell - Mount - Havertz - CHO

Jorginho

Rudi - Chris - Azpi

Defense

Werner - Lukaku 

Mount - Jorginho - Havertz - CHO

Chil - Rudi - Chris - Azpi

This is very offensive and will test our midfield because the dm will need to basically protect the backline by himself plus he need to provide the ball progression 

Rudi and Christensen would definitely piss off at the end of the season with Jorgi and Kai as their protection 

7 hours ago, charierre said:

Rudi and Christensen would definitely piss off at the end of the season with Jorgi and Kai as their protection 

We probably will complain again that our cb is championship level. 

But you are starting a dangerous topic here. 

Edited by Bob stark

Tactical masterclass from Tuchel! 

First half I believe we were more dangerous and had it under control. Without the unfortunate influence we would have been ahead. 

Second half with a man down. He made changes and adjusted the team and it was just a class performance from the team against a team like Liverpool. 
It just didn’t look like Liverpool would ever score despite constantly haveing the ball up front. All his troops were well in place. 

What a manager. 

1 minute ago, Night-T said:

First half I believe we were more dangerous and had it under control. Without the unfortunate influence we would have been ahead. 

Second half with a man down. He made changes and adjusted the team and it was just a class performance from the team against a team like Liverpool. 
It just didn’t look like Liverpool would ever score despite constantly haveing the ball up front. All his troops were well in place. 

What a manager. 

Defensively yes but from an attacking point of view I feel he messed this one up.

The second half was begging for us to bring Werner on and play spam through balls (whether he would have finished was another matter but his pace would have caused havoc with the amount of space we had on the ball) and don't get me started on Lukaku lasting the 90.

But yes defensively he has us looking stupidly good.

Bringing on Kovacic was 100% the correct move. He gave us an out with his dribbling and took all of the pressure off the defence. Silva was outstanding when he came on too. Two perfect subs from Tuchel at the start of the half saved the game for us.

The only thing we are missing under Tuchel is that ruthlessness. We should have been out of sight before the penalty and red card. 

4 minutes ago, Night-T said:

What a manager. 

I think we lost the midfield battle in the second half understandably so. Would like to see more creativity in the middle.

Other than that well done especially with 10 men.

5 minutes ago, Argo said:

Defensively yes but from an attacking point of view I feel he messed this one up.

The second half was begging for us to bring Werner on and play spam through balls (whether he would have finished was another matter but his pace would have caused havoc with the amount of space we had on the ball) and don't get me started on Lukaku lasting the 90.

But yes defensively he has us looking stupidly good.

I think he decided to walk away with a draw. For the first 15mins of the 2nd half,  we barely tried moving the ball forward