Official Thomas Tuchel

coco

22 hours ago, coco said:

We won the Champions League without a striker, if we don't win anything this season with a striker, it won't matter how many goals Lukaku scores.

We are a stronger team this season on paper but maybe other teams are also stronger as well. Knowing how we played to win all cup competitions with Tuchel as soon as he took over there is no doubt that we will try to win the CL again, the difference is that this time the PL games will have more weight, some draws from last season are now a must win games.

27 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

We are a stronger team this season on paper but maybe other teams are also stronger as well. Knowing how we played to win all cup competitions with Tuchel as soon as he took over there is no doubt that we will try to win the CL again, the difference is that this time the PL games will have more weight, some draws from last season are now a must win games.

Yes i'm with you, i was just pointing out that Lukaku scoring loads of goals does not mean it was the right move unless we win silverware, or at least pushed city and livpoo right to the wire.

3 hours ago, coco said:

Yes i'm with you, i was just pointing out that Lukaku scoring loads of goals does not mean it was the right move unless we win silverware, or at least pushed city and livpoo right to the wire.

If you could choose 1 title this season which one would it be? I personally can't decide between a back-to-back CL title and a PL title, any would be amazing...

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

If you could choose 1 title this season which one would it be? I personally can't decide between a back-to-back CL title and a PL title, any would be amazing...

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be realistically trying to win both, were the Liverpool, Forest, Man Utd of the 70s/80s/90s, they had Paisley Clough and Fergie, we have Tuchel. That's the mindset we need.

5 hours ago, Gol15 said:

PL title before CL, and I feel we have to set the record straight in the FA Cup, too many lost finals recently. 

recent 

Realistically you cant pick and choose which one you want to win, we have a strong squad so rotation is not an excuse we could use if we fail to beat a league 1 team in the FA cup. I think Tuchel will pick his team similar to Pep, 3-4 Core players will play every league and CL  games, the rest are up to rotations. I reckon Saul will start this weekend, as we get loads of exhausted players back after 3 games in about a week.

I would like the prem title and FA Cup this season. There’s a reason why teams very rarely win back to back champions leagues. Expecting it in consecutive seasons is understandable but a greedy ask. For me having won it recently, I would excuse not winning it again for a few seasons. A prem title is always the goal and I’m sure Tuchel and the players want the same. And for reasons stated above, having fallen short in FA cup we need to set the record straight 

Premier League is no1 for me. It's our bread and butter and after a few years away I'd like us to at least be back as serious challengers again this season.

I also really want to win the Club World Cup as it's something we haven't won before and would complete the European trophy set. It's also an invitation only trophy that some clubs will never get to compete for.

As good as the Champions League is, it is hard to win back to back as there are a lot of good teams to compete with and one bad night and you could be out. TBH I'll still dine out on last seasons victory for a while because it's the most recent out of any English club and I actually think it was one of those rare occasions where the winners fully deserved to win it. We was better than Atletico Madrid, Porto, Real Madrid and Man City in every single match, we didn't get lucky once as it wasn't needed!

So basically, my expectations for the season is a seriously strong challenge for the Premier League title and to win the Club World Cup, anything else is a bonus.

Edited by 2211

11 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Realistically you cant pick and choose which one you want to win, we have a strong squad so rotation is not an excuse we could use if we fail to beat a league 1 team in the FA cup. I think Tuchel will pick his team similar to Pep, 3-4 Core players will play every league and CL  games, the rest are up to rotations. I reckon Saul will start this weekend, as we get loads of exhausted players back after 3 games in about a week.

But I want to, I'm not all that greedy :mad:

16 hours ago, Barry Bridges said:

I'd want to win it all, but the league cup.  That'd just be greedy.  Have to leave something the lower league teams and north London clubs can realistically compete for.

City have won the last four league cup trophies so it would be nice to take it from them as a prelude to taking the title from them too. 

17 minutes ago, 2211 said:

Reporter to Tuchel tonight “Do you think Lukaku will score more goals than Ronaldo”

Tuchel “I couldn’t care less as long as Lukaku scores for us”

That’s how you answer silly questions!

I personally do care and I want Lukaku to get more balls from the rest of the team. Both had 2 shots on target and scored twice today.

This rivalry is real, it goes all the way back to Serie A and I can honestly admit that I want Lukaku to come out as the best striker in the league.

Time to show the world that there is a new sheriff in town, big Rom. Not anyone from Manchester. And not Kane! Big Rom.

E_BjZOVWEBACyJN?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Gol15

On 12/09/2021 at 04:35, Gol15 said:

I personally do care and I want Lukaku to get more balls from the rest of the team. Both had 2 shots on target and scored twice today.

This rivalry is real, it goes all the way back to Serie A and I can honestly admit that I want Lukaku to come out as the best striker in the league.

Time to show the world that there is a new sheriff in town, big Rom. Not anyone from Manchester. And not Kane! Big Rom.

E_BjZOVWEBACyJN?format=jpg&name=large

I don't care about who will score more. In fact, the best case scenario is for Ronaldo to win golden boot, Manchester United to win nothing and miss top 4. I want United keep building around Ronaldo. Forget about Greenwood and Sancho, all Ronaldo

After arriving in France, the Tuchel family quickly moved into a beautiful house in the 92nd department, and hired a Filipino cleaning lady. So far, nothing out of the ordinary, you might say. This lady works a lot for the German family and often overtime without problem.

Logically enough, a bond is created over time and Thomas Tuchel and his wife learn with amazement that this woman is doing the three 8s, primarily to finance a major heart operation on one of his children. Without even asking the slightest question, Thomas takes his pen and signs a cheque to cover all the medical costs. A noble gesture that does not stop there. While the lady's child is recovering and can look forward to the rest of his life with optimism, Thomas feels his place on the Parisian bench is increasingly threatened.Among their last discussions, Thomas and his cleaning lady talk about their dreams. If TT's dreams have already been fulfilled and are mainly concerned with football, the lady's is more modest: to be able to return to the Philippines one day and build a house where she would spend her old age with her family, who miss her time there. Water has passed under the bridge since then. TT went to England, but before he left, he remembered to give a set of keys to his now former cleaning lady. She is now the proud owner of a sumptuous villa in the Philippines.

I wish he mixed up the tactics from time to time to take advantage of all the players we have. While 343 is working, when CHO and Ziyech play maybe he could try 433. After all, except Alonso, we haven’t got natural wingbacks in the team, which suggests that we could easily play a different formation.

6 hours ago, RMH said:

I wish he mixed up the tactics from time to time to take advantage of all the players we have. While 343 is working, when CHO and Ziyech play maybe he could try 433. After all, except Alonso, we haven’t got natural wingbacks in the team, which suggests that we could easily play a different formation.

Players probably struggle to adapt tactically to constantly changing formations. Performance levels drop, positional mistakes will begin to creep in because so much of what players do is habit. Which is why managers (in most cases) prefer to stick to a single formation and a reasonably constant first 11.

8 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Players probably struggle to adapt tactically to constantly changing formations. Performance levels drop, positional mistakes will begin to creep in because so much of what players do is habit. Which is why managers (in most cases) prefer to stick to a single formation and a reasonably constant first 11.

Not to mention we don't really have the CBS to play in a back 4. Trev is better learning with more cover, all attempts to play Christensen and Rudiger in a back two has left them looking poor, Dave has never been tried in a back 2 and Silva is 37 and injury prone.

7 hours ago, RMH said:

How do you want ua to lineup in 433?