Official Thomas Tuchel

9 hours ago, haviet1 said:

Lol...the guy been in the job for a month, haven't lost a game and you're already talking about sacking him? 

If he struggles to get the attack working like Frank did then of course! That’s the culture Roman have created.

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

Having a better CV means you get more time, not less... 

I don’t know mate, I think it’d look really bad if he struggled to get the attack going as long as Lampard did. 

1 minute ago, dansubrosa said:

If he struggles to get the attack working like Frank did then of course! That’s the culture Roman have created.

I don’t know mate, I think it’d look really bad if he struggled to get the attack going as long as Lampard did. 

I'm sure you're absolutely livid at the prospect of Tuchel failing aren't you. 

Just now, Slojo said:

I'm sure you're absolutely livid at the prospect of Tuchel failing aren't you. 

Not really, I hope he does well. I’m just saying that the expectations are at a much higher standard now that we have hired one of the highest rated coaches.

With his skill and talent on management it’s very fair to only expect big things. If he hasn’t sorted out the attack this time next year I’d say he’s been a failure.

We will know a lot more about Tuchel by end of March I reckon, a lot of tough games coming. We struggled under Frank against stronger teams so I naturally expect better results with Tuchel.

38 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Not really, I hope he does well. I’m just saying that the expectations are at a much higher standard now that we have hired one of the highest rated coaches.

With his skill and talent on management it’s very fair to only expect big things. If he hasn’t sorted out the attack this time next year I’d say he’s been a failure.

We will know a lot more about Tuchel by end of March I reckon, a lot of tough games coming. We struggled under Frank against stronger teams so I naturally expect better results with Tuchel.

You make it sound as if one should expect a guy coming in and turn things around the minute he left the plane. I'd say you will know a lot more about Tuchel once he had some serious time to train the group some more. And not focus on the next game  in about 3days after the last.

But, yep, if they play exactly the same as they do now (edit: in a year from now) he'll likely be in danger. That is if he somehow starts to lose against all the upcoming tougher opposition as well because if he keeps on winning with the odd draw inbetween I'd say he's got some silverware comming. Just sayin.

Edited by weetee

First big test for Tuchel tonight, first time he's facing a side with with attacking players likely to get us on the back foot throughout the game (don't forget Spurs were missing Kane when we played them and they generally look toothless in attack without him). 

So will be interesting to see how he sets up tonight knowing we're unlikely to be able to play on the front foot like we have in all of the games he has overseen so far. 

Lot of people predicting CHO starts this one, maybe he will but I'm not sure he'll be entrusted with the right wing-back role against such a strong side. 

Big call to make with the centre backs tonight now that Silva has been ruled out. Jao Felix, Suarez, Llorente and Dembele are all very good strikers and could cause us problems. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If you say so. 

Tottenham was supposedly the biggest test but when we won that barely breaking sweat the goalposts were moved to "yeah but they're on sh*t form and had no Kane".

If I have to guess if we win tonight the narrative will be neutral stadium, they had no Gimenez or their form lately ain't been great, possibly all three.

7 minutes ago, Argo said:

Unless we win, then the first big test changes to United.

Well we only beat every other team because they were sh*t, sat back and basically wanted to be beaten. So if we do somehow beat Atletico, I'm sure the narrative will be "Yeah well they're out of form this month, they've dropped points lately". 

If we don’t beat Atletico, Tuchel has to be sacked. They’re playing in an neutral stadium, missing a few players and out of form.

I couldn't agree more, that's how Frank Lampard FC operates, Chelsea FC on the other hand, will do things differently. 

Edited by Slojo

13 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

If we don’t beat Atletico, Tuchel has to be sacked. They’re playing in an neutral stadium, missing a few players and out of form.

Highly unlikely, why nobody said that Lampard should have been sacked after we lost to Bayern so heavily? That wasn't our standard either - But we all knew that we had no chance in that matchup. Tuchel has been here for such a little time while D.Simeone has been working with Atletico for how long? Atletico are the favorites in this matchup, not as much as Bayern was last year but still in my eyes it's a 60-40 so a couple of things, important things must go in our way if we want to win against Atletico. 

Otherwise I would be happy to welcome Massimiliano Allegri if you want Tuchel to be sacked. He has a better CV than Tuchel and the only reason why he didn't take over PSG is due to his high salary demands but that shouldn't be a problem for us at all.

45 minutes ago, coco said:

Tuchel needs to get top 4,  if he doesn't he may not be here August.

That may be so - but I'd say if he gets the guys playing good football again, eventually makes a decent run in the CL and FA Cup but didn't make top4 because WestHam/Leicester/United don't start to struggle I'd think it'd be nuts to fire him and I wouldn't think it too likely either. He could also make fourth but miss the CL because Pool (unlikely but here we go) wins the CL and United wins the EL.

And I don't think Allegri is a good fit either because I'd be surprised if he ever coached a young, upcoming team like the Chelsea side ever. He ruled Italy with the respective top dogs. Also, I'd say there  is a reason he is wothout job for such a long time - and that can't be just his wages. His playstyle is almost out of fashion atm.

23 minutes ago, weetee said:

And I don't think Allegri is a good fit either because I'd be surprised if he ever coached a young, upcoming team like the Chelsea side ever. He ruled Italy with the respective top dogs. Also, I'd say there  is a reason he is wothout job for such a long time - and that can't be just his wages. His playstyle is almost out of fashion atm.

People were saying similar things about Conte and then we won the league in his first season. Allegri has a 70% win rate, he was the first choice of PSG but he wanted a 12m euro salary per year, I think Pochettino is on 8m now. There are only a handful of managers that earn that much or more - Zidane, D.Simeone, Pep, Mourinho...

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Tottenham was supposedly the biggest test but when we won that barely breaking sweat the goalposts were moved to "yeah but they're on sh*t form and had no Kane".

If I have to guess if we win tonight the narrative will be neutral stadium, they had no Gimenez or their form lately ain't been great, possibly all three.

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Well we only beat every other team because they were sh*t, sat back and basically wanted to be beaten. So if we do somehow beat Atletico, I'm sure the narrative will be "Yeah well they're out of form this month, they've dropped points lately". 

So you don't think playing against La Liga leaders Atletico Madrid is a bigger test than any of Spurs, Newcastle, Southampton, Barnsley, Wolves, Burnley or Sheffield United? 

48 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

People were saying similar things about Conte and then we won the league in his first season. Allegri has a 70% win rate, he was the first choice of PSG but he wanted a 12m euro salary per year, I think Pochettino is on 8m now. There are only a handful of managers that earn that much or more - Zidane, D.Simeone, Pep, Mourinho...

Obviously Allegri is a top coach, no question. But imho there is a reason the guy is out of a job for almost two years - especially in a time were top managers are extremely rare. I read it that Leonardo wanted Allegri (no surprise here) but the owner overruled him and assigned Poch. I highly doubt the 4m difference is that much for a club like PSG or Chelsea or Bayern or United or Juventus (who really could need one). Especially if he's THAT good. He fell out of style imho - not saying he will never coach a good team again either because we all know how it works - but where is Mou now? And Ancelotti?

Besides, and I mean that in general regarding the forum, I think it's super strange that there is such a lively discussion going on about sacking your coach who is here roughly four weeks and got the points so far. Must be the blues..

edit:

regarding your first point: and how long did Conte stay? I just very much doubt that Allegri can work with the current team like Chelsea has. Many academy players that still have to learn a lot and have to be guided quite a bit - and those are starters not subs. Allegri works with experienced players and iirc it was a extremely result orientated, matter to fact style. If people complain alread that TT doesn't win by larger margins what are they even going to say about Allagri's style? You'd have to field a completely overhauled squad to make it work and not make Allegri work with such a patchwork and be highly flexible and inventive to make it work.

Edited by weetee

9 minutes ago, weetee said:

Obviously Allegri is a top coach, no question. But imho there is a reason the guy is out of a job for almost two years - especially in a time were top managers are extremely rare. I read it that Leonardo wanted Allegri (no surprise here) but the owner overruled him and assigned Poch. I highly doubt the 4m difference is that much for a club like PSG or Chelsea or Bayern or United or Juventus (who really could need one). Especially if he's THAT good. He fell out of style imho - not saying he will never coach a good team again either because we all know how it works - but where is Mou now? And Ancelotti?

Besides, and I mean that in general regarding the forum, I think it's super strange that there is such a lively discussion going on about sacking your coach who is here roughly four weeks and got the points so far. Must be the blues..

I just think that Allegri not caring to take over any team but waiting doesn't really say just how much outdated he is. We can only be sure once we see his new team in action.

I'm hoping that Tuchel can finish top 4 and get the summer to further improve the squad. Also one good pre-season would do us good.

Any top manager must have some time to develop the team how he wants them to play, I think Tuchel is primarily focusing to not concede goals and IMO that's a good decision. For more things to work he simply needs more time so all that are looking at him with a magnifying glass are willingly being unrealistic - we can't fix all of the issues in 1 month magically as soon as a new coach had a couple of training sessions.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Highly unlikely, why nobody said that Lampard should have been sacked after we lost to Bayern so heavily? That wasn't our standard either - But we all knew that we had no chance in that matchup. Tuchel has been here for such a little time while D.Simeone has been working with Atletico for how long? Atletico are the favorites in this matchup, not as much as Bayern was last year but still in my eyes it's a 60-40 so a couple of things, important things must go in our way if we want to win against Atletico. 

Otherwise I would be happy to welcome Massimiliano Allegri if you want Tuchel to be sacked. He has a better CV than Tuchel and the only reason why he didn't take over PSG is due to his high salary demands but that shouldn't be a problem for us at all.

Gol, I wasn’t being serious. I was just mimicking what Slojo said.

But I do believe our expectations should be far higher with Tuchel. With Frank it was all about being patient and let him learn on the job. With Tuchel, we got to win trophies.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

But I do believe our expectations should be far higher with Tuchel. With Frank it was all about being patient and let him learn on the job. With Tuchel, we got to win trophies.

Considering Frank already had a year and a half here, that's not really a fair comparison is it... 

Also I don't get the logic why you give a person with less experience more time compard to a person who has experience. Again, this is Chelsea FC, not Frank Lampard FC, one day Tuchel will be gone, then another man will come in. Through that experience, we'll still have things to celebrate, as we have done for the last 20 years.