Official Thomas Tuchel

10 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Considering Frank already had a year and a half here, that's not really a fair comparison is it... 

Also I don't get the logic why you give a person with less experience more time compard to a person who has experience. Again, this is Chelsea FC, not Frank Lampard FC, one day Tuchel will be gone, then another man will come in. Through that experience, we'll still have things to celebrate, as we have done for the last 20 years. 

I get your point but Frank had to do a season without any signings, integrated the youth players into the team and then he’s had to fit in six new signings which he hasn’t really experienced before in his short managerial career. Obviously he’d get more patience from fans because of who he is, and that’s fine.

Tuchel was hired purely for his managerial ability so the expectations are much higher and we expect to see results a lot faster than Frank because of the difference in ability and experience. Tuchel has managed massive egos and talents Mbappe and Neymar so he shouldn’t have a problem with managing our attackers.

Having said all that, me and you want the same result tonight - Win. Let’s hope Tuchel pulls it out of the bag.

I don’t get the general fascination for Tommy Tookle from all and sundry over the past couple of years and nothing we’ve produced under him or anything he’s said so far has enlightened me yet.

We still look half-baked and offensively clueless but we’re somehow within reach of the top 4. I don’t think Lampard would’ve secured CL football for next season but it still guts me both that he’s gone and the way it was done. Under TT we are yet to show that we can sustain a challenge for the top 4 and the next few games could get very messy indeed. 
I hope I’m wrong but I fear we may be out of contention by the end of March. Please prove me wrong Chelsea.

3 hours ago, Slojo said:

Well we only beat every other team because they were sh*t, sat back and basically wanted to be beaten. So if we do somehow beat Atletico, I'm sure the narrative will be "Yeah well they're out of form this month, they've dropped points lately". 

Spot on slojo. Let's hope for another win against the odds similar to our fantastic result earlier this season in Seville.

Another 4-0 will do nicely.

31 minutes ago, Molesey Blue said:

I don’t get the general fascination for Tommy Tookle from all and sundry over the past couple of years and nothing we’ve produced under him or anything he’s said so far has enlightened me yet.

We still look half-baked and offensively clueless but we’re somehow within reach of the top 4. I don’t think Lampard would’ve secured CL football for next season but it still guts me both that he’s gone and the way it was done. Under TT we are yet to show that we can sustain a challenge for the top 4 and the next few games could get very messy indeed. 
I hope I’m wrong but I fear we may be out of contention by the end of March. Please prove me wrong Chelsea.

Yes now we will see what Tommy T can do when it matters.

On 21/02/2021 at 12:34, Brutos said:

👌🏾👍🏾 You said everything I wanted to write but can't be bothered to type it out.

No matter what Tuchel does or any manager after you will have few would thinks Lampard was going to get us challenging for titles when he couldn't even get Derby out of the championship.

I have seen a clear plan and structure Tuchel is trying to develop but he's hardly had any time in between matches, there I say getting our midweek back wouldn't be the worst thing in the world even though I want us to progress but either way I can see the big picture.

Dog Working GIF by Jess

Apologies for quoting a post a few days old but I find this thread as tediously boring as our football has been for years now. 

Minus 10 points for using a dog gif. That is all. 

22 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Apologies for quoting a post a few days old but I find this thread as tediously boring as our football has been for years now. 

Minus 10 points for using a dog gif. That is all. 

What are you doing on this thread and not discussing the match of your two favorpurites teams (Dirty Leeds v the Scum).Animation Running GIF

I'm shocked at how well we just did. 

The La Liga leaders didn't have one chance all game, honestly that didn't even look like a challenge, we played them off the park. 

After the first half I'll even admit I was still very pessimistic, we've been in that situation before, lots of the ball but at any moment one counter attack and we're done. But nope, this time, we were composed throughout, we finally got our goal. I would be nit picky and say we need to do better in the final 3rd but this is against one of the best teams in Europe, a team that's walking away with the league in Spain. That's a great performance.