Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, Sindre said:

We controlled the game with it. That sure counts for something.

Completely dominated them and they didn't even have a sniff. Came away with a fantastic result against one of the top sides in Europe which leaves us with a great chance to progress againt the odds.

I agree, they didn't have a sniff at goal either, not one chance the full 90, that must be respected. 

But I can see why people are frustrated, because it's been the way we've been since Sarri. We can keep the ball very well, have about 70% possession but do absolutely nothing with it. I do think we were trying, but the final ball was just over hit. I don't think Jorginho had a bad game, I think that's harsh, but his final ball was always over hit. The vision and effort was there, the product wasn't. He saw a great opening with CHO coming into the box, had he just not overhit that by a fraction, that could've easily been a goal, all it takes is Callum to square it and boom, Giroud 1-0 in the first 45. 

I don't agree that we're not creating chances though, December and January we weren't, but besides the last two games and the Wolves game, we have been creating chances again. But when we do create them, we miss them. 

I wouldn't say they didn't have a "sniff at goal" - the very first minutes we got extremely lucky. In fact I remember when CHO got played free the first time in the game at the left corner, trying to cross into the box - to no avail - I was checking the time stamp and was somewhat surprised that it was still 0-0. Could have been easily 0-1 at that time with an additional red for Mendy as well (+ pen) - first 15min or so were quite abysmal I must say. Clearly the nerves running wild but I saw a severe beating coming up...

...which makes the following performance and result even better!

27 minutes ago, Slojo said:

We can keep the ball very well, have about 70% possession but do absolutely nothing with it.

Keep in mind we faced the best defensive side in Europe for the last six years or so. Who also defended with a backline of six(!) players so you were never going to get too many chances against a side like that. I'd say looking to control the game and hopefully take the chances you get was the perfect gameplan and it was executed perfectly by the players and Tuchel.

Also happy to see the intensity from everyone being subbed on yesterday. Don't know if it had anything to do with Tuchel's decision to hook CHO at Southampton and players realizing they are in trouble if they don't give everything they have but Ziyech for example clearly came in with a better mentality yesterday then versus Southampton.

35 minutes ago, Sindre said:

We controlled the game with it. That sure counts for something.

Completely dominated them and they didn't even have a sniff. Came away with a fantastic result against one of the top sides in Europe which leaves us with a great chance to progress againt the odds.

We controlled the game but created barely any chances against a team sitting deep, that pretty much sums up the entirety of Tuchels time here so far. Like I said a very good European away win, thats all you need to do in the away leg of a tie. Not lose, score an away goal. That doesnt mean everything was perfect, as once again our attack was pretty rubbish, we didnt open them up and when we did we just turned round and went backwards, a lot. I dont know if its the instruction's from Tuchel, or our players are just cowards but we are far too safe with our play, barely trying anything that would be deemed risky.

I didn't expect us to keep a clean sheet at all. For the second leg I hope T.Silva will be ready and Atletico can't just defend deep they are chasing a goal so we will get more space in our attack, I mean that's how we scored after all, they started to push forward and to press our backline more and we had more space and the goal came.

I was impressed when Tuchel took out Mount for Kante - This is exactly the role where Kante can be at his best, more forward and I have been saying that months ago.

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I didn't expect us to keep a clean sheet at all. For the second leg I hope T.Silva will be ready and Atletico can't just defend deep they are chasing a goal so we will get more space in our attack, I mean that's how we scored after all, they started to push forward and to press our backline more and we had more space and the goal came.

I was impressed when Tuchel took out Mount for Kante - This is exactly the role where Kante can be at his best, more forward and I have been saying that months ago.

Yes, I can see Kante doing great in that role - not against every opponent or in every situation of course but he brings the power and recklessness needed to disturb the build up play. He had some good passes up front yesterday too. That's why I'm less concerned about the unfortunate time-out for Mount rather than Jorginho. That'll be an interesting puzzle to solve for Tuchel. I hope Havertz steps in - he'll very likely play a lot more from now on - so that Kante fills up for Jorginho but that is not ideal. Anyway, luxury players to have sitting on the bench waiting for their turn.

2 hours ago, weetee said:

I wouldn't say they didn't have a "sniff at goal" - the very first minutes we got extremely lucky. In fact I remember when CHO got played free the first time in the game at the left corner, trying to cross into the box - to no avail - I was checking the time stamp and was somewhat surprised that it was still 0-0. Could have been easily 0-1 at that time with an additional red for Mendy as well (+ pen) - first 15min or so were quite abysmal I must say. Clearly the nerves running wild but I saw a severe beating coming up...

...which makes the following performance and result even better!

I don't know about that. That was due to a clumsy mistake in the first 5 minutes by Rudiger and Alonso. We were nervous in the first 10 minutes and then settled down. 

We gave Suarez a gift and he put it across the box, Callum defended it really well though and always had it covered, they squadered that chance. Besides that, they didn't have a sniff at goal, no chances, nothing. We kept them quiet all game. I can't even remember Suarez getting a shot away. 

59 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I don't know about that. That was due to a clumsy mistake in the first 5 minutes by Rudiger and Alonso. We were nervous in the first 10 minutes and then settled down. 

We gave Suarez a gift and he put it across the box, Callum defended it really well though and always had it covered, they squadered that chance. Besides that, they didn't have a sniff at goal, no chances, nothing. We kept them quiet all game. I can't even remember Suarez getting a shot away. 

Just watching it again - I perceived it much worse than it actually was. I got quite bummed when I saw the ref entering the pitch, can't stand the guy, and then the match started with a yellow for Mount after 30s and the free-kick resulted in a sequence of extraordinary bad passing with Mendy luckily not going through with his tackle because that'd been a red card + pen. Then the Alonso/Rüdiger incident where Lemar could have easily scored - that's what I meant with "not having a sniff" being a bit exaggerated.

Edited by weetee

7 minutes ago, weetee said:

Just watching it again - I perceived it much worse than it actually was. I got quite bummed when I saw the ref entering the pitch, can't stand the guy, and then the match started with a yellow for Mount after 30s and the free-kick resulted in a sequence of extraordinary bad passing with Mendy luckily not going through with his tackle because that'd been a red card + pen. Then the Alonso/Rüdiger incident where Lemar could have easily scored - that's what I meant with "not having a sniff" being a bit exaggerated.

Tbf Lemar was never scoring that, the pass was over hit, he did really well just getting something on it. If the ball was any closer to him or lighter, Callum was getting it, he was right there, so I can't see a scenario where Lemar scores that goal. It was good defending from CHO. 

The mendy situation which was also in the first 5 minutes was again the nervous start we had. Completely unavoidable. I think after that, the game was in our hands really, Atletico will be very disappointed in how easy this game was for us. 

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Tbf Lemar was never scoring that, the pass was over hit, he did really well just getting something on it. If the ball was any closer to him or lighter, Callum was getting it, he was right there, so I can't see a scenario where Lemar scores that goal. It was good defending from CHO. 

The mendy situation which was also in the first 5 minutes was again the nervous start we had. Completely unavoidable. I think after that, the game was in our hands really, Atletico will be very disappointed in how easy this game was for us. 

In general I agree, Atleti does have a bad form atm but you never know right before a match if that's a good or bad thing 😉

But I disagree a bit on the Lemar scene, he did touch the ball and yes, it went about 1m besides the post but that's talking about milisecs where he could have scored rather easily. CHO was there but neither him nor Mendy cleared that ball. On the other side Alonso shot hard from around 18-20m on the goal, not a bad shot but never going to be a problem for Oblak. One shot was on goal the other off but I'd defo take the Lemar chance if I could choose between them for my team.

But of course, generally we held them quite comfortably in check- no question.

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

I've noticed the usual "Tommy Tactics" yer da's have vanished and can't give an incy bit of credit towards the manager. 

I cannot possibly think who that's aimed at slojo. I think for the record Tommy is doing a great job and I fully support him.

Three weeks time I will have probably changed my mind.

Another three weeks I'll change it back again.

Its so ironic that if we still had (in form) Hazard rn, with a solid def we probably would be devastating in attack. He could pick the final pass or finish our moves. People would consider us as genuine ucl contenders. Who knows how good he could have looked with Tommy.

Although, I think a few see us as a bit of a dark horse already. Especially if we get past Athletico and avoid a big hitter in the quarters. Someone needs to step up in attack, for any attacking player at Chelsea now under Thomas there is a chance to become a leader and key figure in the attack and to have the team built around them specifically.

1 minute ago, just said:

I cannot possibly think who that's aimed at slojo. I think for the record Tommy is doing a great job and I fully support him.

Three weeks time I will have probably changed my mind.

Another three weeks I'll change it back again.

It was aimed at this bloke below who was screaming "STICK A FACKIN TACKLE IN UUU FACKIN KANTT, STOP PISSING ABOWT WITH IT!! LAMP IT FORWARD!!! PHOARR!!"

Sunday League Footy on Twitter: "Typical England fan.  http://t.co/iNuaZLqcI0"

22 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It was aimed at this bloke below who was screaming "STICK A FACKIN TACKLE IN UUU FACKIN KANTT, STOP PISSING ABOWT WITH IT!! LAMP IT FORWARD!!! PHOARR!!"

Sunday League Footy on Twitter: "Typical England fan.  http://t.co/iNuaZLqcI0"

Not like you to make an attempt at humour slojo. And I have put some weight on since that photo.

Do you mind if we call you Traffic Light from now on? One minute you're red but in a little while you will be Green, then Amber. You used to be indecisive but now you can't make your mind up.

Edited by just

10 minutes ago, just said:

Not like you to make an attempt at humour slojo. And I have put some weight on since that photo.

Do you mind if we call you Traffic Light from now on? One minute you're red but in a little while you will be Green, then Amber. Changing all the time.

I can see why it confuses you, but it's called being objective. 

You know when my favourite player has a bad game? I'll say they've been bad. I won't start saying "well at least they're not [insert sh*t player]" or start making excuses. I don't try to let favouritism cloud my judgement. I also don't start an agenda against players who are under 6 foot and don't run about a lot. 

What did I say right after the Southampton game? I said Tuchel got it all wrong, that result was on him. I still think he's doing a great job though and I give credit where it's due. Not the selective half arsery you give off. Like I said regarding Gol15, you're the last person who can take the piss out of Gol, you're even worse than he is when it comes to your favourite players. 

40 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I can see why it confuses you, but it's called being objective. 

You know when my favourite player has a bad game? I'll say they've been bad. I won't start saying "well at least they're not [insert sh*t player]" or start making excuses. I don't try to let favouritism cloud my judgement. I also don't start an agenda against players who are under 6 foot and don't run about a lot. 

What did I say right after the Southampton game? I said Tuchel got it all wrong, that result was on him. I still think he's doing a great job though and I give credit where it's due. Not the selective half arsery you give off. Like I said regarding Gol15, you're the last person who can take the piss out of Gol, you're even worse than he is when it comes to your favourite players. 

On November 30th Traffic Light, sorry slojo wrote:

"lot of people say Lampard gets too much protection on here, but I don't think he does. I remember after the Spurs game, a game we only lost on penalties people mind. But people on here were suicidal after that. One of the worst I've seen it on the forum, so many of them wanted him gone on the spot after that game. 

I said before the season started, if we are still conceding the same amount of goals, we will have to start asking serious questions. But since Mendy, Silva and Chilwell have arrived and playing together we've had the best defence in the league. Mendy has the most clean sheets in the league while every other keeper has had a 4 or 5 game head start on him. 

You must give Frank massive credit. Rival fans will no doubt pull the "Well if you spend 250 million" bull sh*t. We had a transfer ban and on top of that bringing that many players isn't easy. Did it improve Conte when he brought in about 7 players after winning the league? What happened there again? Signing that many players requires transition. It's back to 2013 again, with those core players we signed we won the league, two leagues. Transition is overused a lot, but it actually means something in this case, we currently have 6 new starters who we signed in this window, that's a massive factor and takes time to adapt. Klopp and Pep didn't just sign that many players and won the league overnight, It took Klopp 6/8 transfer windows, and Pep 4. Lampard has had 2, and one of them he didn't even spend a penny in. 

I mean, I'm just echoing the growing sentiment here (thankfully), but to the minority of people who think Lampard isn't doing well enough, please for the love of god get some perspective."

On December 18th Traffic Light wrote:

"To lose 3 on the bounce would be sh*t no doubt about it, especially when you've got United who have somehow overtaken us despite being awful. It goes to show, great performances but too many f**k up games, Southampton and West Brom. Just a shame Mendy didn't come in ASAP. 

Either way I'll back Frank, it was going well until we were hit hard with injuries, I think it's unfair to want him out now given the circumstances."

Then just 8 days later Traffic Light had done his usual 360:

"I knew it, I've been dreading this game for a while because I had a horrible nasty feeling. But this is the turning point. Same mistakes from Lampard to play out of form players in a position they aren't delivering in. Playing our best player in the wrong position. 

Where do we go from here seriously? Is this really good enough? Call me fickle, but I said this before the match. And I've said it all month, I'm quite sick of repeating myself. I've cut him a lot of stick over the injuries, but we only have one player missing... Arsenal were riddled with injuries and played a C team and have absolutely tonked us. There's no excuses for that, it looks to me that Frank is out of his depth here. Any other manager would be getting the axe for that result. 

I did see a slump coming, but this is just over the top, you can't be having results like that. We've invested big, we can't let that go to waste, that game has just sealed the deal for me. Because I just can't envision how we are going to win silveware with performances like that, absolutely embarrassing performance, I'm gutted."

Tell you what Traffic Light, if was I Tommy Tuchel, I'd be constantly looking over my shoulder if you were giving me your "support". So don't continue to embarrass yourself by lecturing anyone who has a different opinion to you and has the gumption to stick by it, you total, utter tool.

And another thing, you used to bang on and on about how I "hated"Kovacic. Never had anything to say when I said he had a good game or was playing well, as he is now. Nope, I hated Kovacic according to you. That was it. You are the most opininated, over-sensitive fu*cker on here and unfortunately you have the most to say and the time on your hands to write it.

Edited by just

Firstly, I think Lamps should have been given more time, but if he had been I don't think we'd have qualified for next seasons UCL.  I suspect that we moved for TT as he was available and before someone else took him on.  There was a lot of talk that Chelsea felt that by sticking with JM so long in 2015  they missed out on Klopp, so maybe they didn't want lightening to strike twice.

What I saw last night was a team that managed the game better than any Chelsea team since Conte's championship team.  Under Lamps we would have been forced back after taking the lead, and undoubtedly conceded at least one.  We are looking much better defensively under TT, and he is getting a tune out of Christiansen in Silva's absence, we missed one of that pair inn the middle of the back three against Soton.  I agree that the possession football with no end-product is frustrating, but when recently have we been able to break down teams that sit deep?  It's nothing knew, hopefully Havertz, Ziyech and Werner (& CHO & Tammy & Pulisic) can start to thrive under TT in the last part of the season, and we can secure UCL football for next season.

3 hours ago, Slojo said:

I've noticed the usual "Tommy Tactics" yer da's have vanished and can't give an incy bit of credit towards the manager. 

Thought I was the only one who noticed that, They are awfully quiet but I expect them to be lively the first defeat we get with usual “ see i told your blah blah blah”

Edited by Brutos

2 hours ago, evissy said:

Love this interview. Fair play to Rio as well. 

Good interview and some interesting points, picked up on not necessarily changing formation if the match is going against you as players come to expect that as the solution which can be counter productive.

Rio comes across as ok to be fair, though from supporting CFC not my favourite ex-professional, he committed a few dodgy moves against our players back in the day.

Notice this is not the first time he has done an article on us, is he now based in London? 

See he has had a lot of dental work done too and smart wearing a beard as it makes it less noticeable.