Official Thomas Tuchel

5 hours ago, just said:

Not like you to make an attempt at humour slojo. And I have put some weight on since that photo.

Do you mind if we call you Traffic Light from now on? One minute you're red but in a little while you will be Green, then Amber. You used to be indecisive but now you can't make your mind up.

Hmm maybe Slojo should change his forum name to "David Luiz" instead ūüėČ

Have to admit to being very impressed with Tuchel.

After the sacking of Lamps, I was totally pissed off and think posted on here that the season was over. As much as I support CFC and want them to do well regardless, I will hold my hand up and admit that I wouldn't have cared if the new coach struggled and we slipped further down the table - just to show the club that you can't keep sacking managers the moment things don't quite go according to plan. Even now, I still wish that Lamps had been kept on and given more of a chance to build and get things right. That said, I have to accept that TT has done a whole lot right and not too much wrong so far and every time I see him interviewed, he talks so well, it's hard not to be impressed.

Still early days and I still want to see more attractive football and am slightly puzzled with his constant inclusion of Alonso, but the signs are encouraging and have to admit that I am more confident going into the United fixture than I would have done under SFL.

4 hours ago, Brutos said:

Thought I was the only one who noticed that,¬†They are awfully quiet but I expect them to be lively the first defeat we get with usual ‚Äú see i told your blah blah blah‚ÄĚ

Nah - you're misreading the situation. Tommy Tactics was always a reaction to the brutal sacking of a club legend. The difference between those posters and the hyperventilaters who turned on Lampard 3 weeks after we were top of the league is an even keel.

I think we're boring as hell to watch but we've turned our bad form around and that's a good thing, I'm happy to give him a chance without being particularly over invested in him. 

I'm also not getting carried away. We won last night from a single moment of brilliance from Giroud, I'm not saying we'll win the Champions League or even the tie based on that.

14 minutes ago, Nibs said:

After the sacking of Lamps, I was totally pissed off and think posted on here that the season was over. As much as I support CFC and want them to do well regardless, I will hold my hand up and admit that I wouldn't have cared if the new coach struggled and we slipped further down the table - just to show the club that you can't keep sacking managers the moment things don't quite go according to plan. Even now, I still wish that Lamps had been kept on and given more of a chance to build and get things right. That said, I have to accept that TT has done a whole lot right and not too much wrong so far and every time I see him interviewed, he talks so well, it's hard not to be impressed.

Still early days and I still want to see more attractive football and am slightly puzzled with his constant inclusion of Alonso, but the signs are encouraging and have to admit that I am more confident going into the United fixture than I would have done under SFL.

I think that's a fair summation Nibs. Lampard was definitely a bit naive in his approach and the pointless possession tactic has stabilised our defence. 

United and Everton with their style will be a different challenge. Will be good to see how we go. I for one was surprised at how poor Atleti were last night, I think the second leg will be interesting.

I was very sceptical of the hiring. But he is doing what is takes to get wins and that‚Äôs what matters. The 3 back isn‚Äôt beautiful but it works so stick with it fine. My issue is the amount of chances the team produces. They produced very little under frank this season and it seems to be a bit down under TT. The biggest improvement is in defence. If the team is to keep winning ‚Äúsustainably‚ÄĚ they need to be more offensive. Hopefully a health team and time bring that but currently wins are wins and I can‚Äôt really complain. Eventually with Silva back I‚Äôd like to see a 4-3-3.

It’s all coming together and getting there isn’t it. The next bit that Tuchel needs to sort out is getting the squad players contributing with goals/assists:

- Ziyech 

- Pulisic 

- Havertz 

3 big attacking players that have offered very little this season and should be doing way better. 

11 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

I think that's a fair summation Nibs. Lampard was definitely a bit naive in his approach and the pointless possession tactic has stabilised our defence. 

United and Everton with their style will be a different challenge. Will be good to see how we go. I for one was surprised at how poor Atleti were last night, I think the second leg will be interesting.

The problem with this is, if we beat United. I can bet you and numerous others will be saying "I'm surprised at how poor United were". 

28 minutes ago, Slojo said:

The problem with this is, if we beat United. I can bet you and numerous others will be saying "I'm surprised at how poor United were". 

You gotta let it go now, mate.  You and the patience-free spoilt knee-jerkers got your way, so you just have to face up to it and be gracious in victory.

You and @Brutos particularly popping in here every 20 minutes with another snide dig just makes you both look a bit like smug twats.

And, as @just so diligently googled, you have flip-flopped drastically on the subject, seemingly because you were personally butt-hurt by losing to Arsenal.

Here you are, have a little sing-along.

17 hours ago, evissy said:

Love this interview. Fair play to Rio as well. 

It's uncanny how Tuchel's intonation and way of laughing while he talks reminds me of my German uncle :smile:

Enjoyable interview. He seems to talk more 'tactical tech' than most managers. Interesting how he emphasise how the players should respond on the pitch. 

33 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I certainly can live with that kind of problem.

Anyway, didn't know United has to play the EL today, thought they were doing that last week already, so that's quite an advantage I thought the other way around. 

4 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

You gotta let it go now, mate.  You and the patience-free spoilt knee-jerkers got your way, so you just have to face up to it and be gracious in victory.

You and @Brutos particularly popping in here every 20 minutes with another snide dig just makes you both look a bit like smug twats.

And, as @just so diligently googled, you have flip-flopped drastically on the subject, seemingly because you were personally butt-hurt by losing to Arsenal.

Here you are, have a little sing-along.

I'm having a snide dig at people who constantly give out snide digs, simple as that. If people want to go support Frank Lampard FC, they can go and follow his next club he manages, this is Chelsea FC and the story continues, as always. 

31 minutes ago, Valerie said:

It's uncanny how Tuchel's intonation and way of laughing while he talks reminds me of my German uncle :smile:

Enjoyable interview. He seems to talk more 'tactical tech' than most managers. Interesting how he emphasise how the players should respond on the pitch. 

Actually quite taken aback by how humble he seems to be, i watched a fair bit of his BVB/Paris sides but for whatever reason never watched a single interview so kind of naturally assumed he was a spiky character as per his reputation but not a bit of it so far. He seems to talk about players like they're mates aswell Edou, NG, Ney...

31 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I'm having a snide dig at people who constantly give out snide digs, simple as that. If people want to go support Frank Lampard FC, they can go and follow his next club he manages, this is Chelsea FC and the story continues, as always. 

As @just pointed out, you swung the other way until you got all upset about the Arsenal game.

And no, you're not just "having a snide dig at people who constantly give out snide digs,"  You and @Brutos are constantly whining on at anyone who isn't 200% over the top in Tuchel-awe.  

In my opinion, with the exception of Atletico, the bloke has done nothing more than would be expected, nothing more than I would have expected Lampard to get and the smug, childish one-liners from the pair of you  ( plus some other armchair managers ) are getting tiresome. 

I've moved on from Lampard being sacked, but it looks very much like a small coterie of you lot just want to besmirch and distort the history of a loyal club servant.  I think it's shameful, but to be expected in the society we have today.

I thought Frank Lampard did a good job over the year and a half he was here under very challenging circumstances and really didn't deserve the sack. He also has to take a lot of credit for allowing Mount to flourish into the excellent player he is today, and the club will continue to benefit from the great work Lampard and Morris did with the youngsters in the years to come. He left us in a much better position than we were in when he took over, and we should be grateful for that.

Tuchel has also come in at a difficult time and, I think, done a decent job at turning the results around. I think some people here are resentful towards Tuchel because he's not Frank Lampard and default to the negative, but I expect this will wear off over time if he gets results. He has made some very surprising decisions, but that is understandable when he's having to get to figure out our bloated squad and the EPL on the fly. I also like that players such as Kepa and Alonso have been giving fresh opportunities to prove themselves under the new system, so overall I feel quite positive about Tuchel so far.

I don't know if Tuchel is doing any better than Lampard would have done but it's too late now and Tuchel is our manager (I refuse to use the term 'head coach'). At the end of the day I'm a Chelsea fan and will support whoever we have in charge (unless it's the FSW, obviously).

46 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I've moved on from Lampard being sacked, but it looks very much like a small coterie of you lot just want to besmirch and distort the history of a loyal club servant.  I think it's shameful, but to be expected in the society we have today.

Amusing that some seem to think supporting the guy who scored the goal that won our first league title in 50 years and captained our first (and possibly last) Champions League victory is somehow a bad thing.

Anyway I take great comfort in knowing that "Pointing and 5m passes" FC will have their complete support until we lose a few games and start to look like we'll play Europa League. Then the knives will be back out and the cycle will reset.

Edited by Spiller86
1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

As @just pointed out, you swung the other way until you got all upset about the Arsenal game.

And no, you're not just "having a snide dig at people who constantly give out snide digs,"  You and @Brutos are constantly whining on at anyone who isn't 200% over the top in Tuchel-awe.  

In my opinion, with the exception of Atletico, the bloke has done nothing more than would be expected, nothing more than I would have expected Lampard to get and the smug, childish one-liners from the pair of you  ( plus some other armchair managers ) are getting tiresome. 

So you can't change your opinion now? 

This just a matter of the old guard looking after the old guard. People say things like "Dross Barkley" on here and you lot hit the roof and say it's disrespectful, but it's okay for you lot to keep slagging the manager off with petty nicknames. One rule for you lot, another rule for everyone else. People on here can keep bringing up Frank after a bad result and start with the "this is what you wished for" but if we say anything back it's being a "smug prick" as you put it. But yeah we're all the Xbox Brigade, Spoilt Brats, fickle bastards whatever else you want to throw at us. But god forbid we say something back and we're being smug pricks. 

Complete double standard. 

Edited by Slojo
14 hours ago, Nibs said:

Good post. I was disappointed to see Frank go, but we need to move on now.

Frank leaves the club with his legacy intact in my mind. I actually hold out hope that down the line he will return to the club once he accumulates more managerial experience elsewhere.

In relation to Tuchel, I think he's done a good job thus far. The Southampton performance is the only match where I felt he got it wrong in both team selection and tactics. The win against Atletico Madrid is huge for all concerned. I hope it galvanizes the playing group and Tuchel will have the belief he's on the right track with the way he's approaching the job.

8 minutes ago, Slojo said:

slagging the manager off with petty nicknames.

Show me one example of me doing that.  Just one.  Get your google mate to help you find a single post.

Every one can change their minds about something based on evidence and fact.  Such a vast changing of a mind over such a short time-span as yours appears to be, and only prompted by losing to Arsenal is the very definition of fickle.

And you know exactly what I was talking about. Express your opinions by all means, healthy debate is good for the forum and there are a world of alternative views about most things.

Popping in to make snide, disparaging one-liner remarks about whether people will pop up if and when we lose is exactly what I accused you, @Brutos and others of.

I thought you were better than that.

29 minutes ago, bluedave said:

I thought Frank Lampard did a good job over the year and a half he was here under very challenging circumstances and really didn't deserve the sack. He also has to take a lot of credit for allowing Mount to flourish into the excellent player he is today, and the club will continue to benefit from the great work Lampard and Morris did with the youngsters in the years to come. He left us in a much better position than we were in when he took over, and we should be grateful for that.

Tuchel has also come in at a difficult time and, I think, done a decent job at turning the results around. I think some people here are resentful towards Tuchel because he's not Frank Lampard and default to the negative, but I expect this will wear off over time if he gets results. He has made some very surprising decisions, but that is understandable when he's having to get to figure out our bloated squad and the EPL on the fly. I also like that players such as Kepa and Alonso have been giving fresh opportunities to prove themselves under the new system, so overall I feel quite positive about Tuchel so far.

I don't know if Tuchel is doing any better than Lampard would have done but it's too late now and Tuchel is our manager (I refuse to use the term 'head coach'). At the end of the day I'm a Chelsea fan and will support whoever we have in charge (unless it's the FSW, obviously).

I don't think that is the case. Many wanted to give Lampard until the end of the season and, yes, we may have been resentful in the first few days after Lampard was sacked. But I haven't seen anyone not wanting Chelsea to do well and not happy about winning matches. What you probably think is resentfulness is just saying what we see. Yes, we win, which is great, but my god we are dull and have reverted to the worse period of Sarri. I'm delighted that we, against all odds, beat Atleti deservedly, but in my opinion it was one of the dullest games I've seen in the last few years. Also, Southampton was a disaster and Barnsley was disgraceful, I think everybody agrees on that, and my god if it had been Lampard there would have been LOLs and rage against the coach by some. It hasn't been the case with Tuchel (at least that I have seen).

14 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Show me one example of me doing that.  Just one.  Get your google mate to help you find a single post.

Every one can change their minds about something based on evidence and fact.  Such a vast changing of a mind over such a short time-span as yours appears to be, and only prompted by losing to Arsenal is the very definition of fickle.

And you know exactly what I was talking about. Express your opinions by all means, healthy debate is good for the forum and there are a world of alternative views about most things.

Popping in to make snide, disparaging one-liner remarks about whether people will pop up if and when we lose is exactly what I accused you, @Brutos and others of.

I thought you were better than that.

Well if you're going to pin my opinion with others, such as Brutos, who I don't always agree with. Then surely I can do the same? And it wasn't just Arsenal, but that was a tipping point for sure. Not sure why you want to keep dragging this up, I've explained my position on it numerous times and I think it's fair. But considering you think Klopp and Lampard comparisons are the same, I can see why you don't get the argument about experience/records. so it's pointless even engaging with you about the whole Lampard saga. I believed in the hype, and then I stopped, I'll at least admit that my verdict on Lampard was fickle yes, but to go out and say that my opinions change on everything because they changed on one person is just false. How many people on this forum actually admit their wrong? At least I'll come out and say that I'm wrong, and I have plenty of times, Morata was a big one. 

You can't just pin the snide remarks on me when others are doing it aswell, that's just unfair. I'll admit I've probably got pegged down in silly arguments I should've avoided but I'm not taking the full blame here. The same people can bang on about Jorginho every game and it's fine, why can't I have a moan? Or better yet, why can't I reply in the same tone and mannerisms as others do? 

Like I said, it's a double standard. 

35 minutes ago, Slojo said:

You can't just pin the snide remarks on me when others are doing it aswell, that's just unfair.

But I didn't do that.  I explicitly said you and Brutos and, in brackets, "some other armchair managers".  

37 minutes ago, Slojo said:

opinions change on everything because they changed on one person

I didn't say this.  I said your stance on Lampard changed between 2 matches and that I thought this was because you were personally aggrieved to lose to Arsenal.

And finally, you accused me of 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

slagging the manager off with petty nicknames.

When I said I hadn't done that and challenged you to find a single quote, you then changed your position again.  Seeing a pattern here?