Official Thomas Tuchel

15 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

But I didn't do that.  I explicitly said you and Brutos and, in brackets, "some other armchair managers".  

I didn't say this.  I said your stance on Lampard changed between 2 matches and that I thought this was because you were personally aggrieved to lose to Arsenal.

And finally, you accused me of 

When I said I hadn't done that and challenged you to find a single quote, you then changed your position again.  Seeing a pattern here?

No I'm saying because you put me in the same bracket as Brutos Yorkley. 

Am I not entitled to have a dig at people who go on about Tommy Tactics? I can bet you my life if we had lost that game those same posters would've been on here gloating about it, instead they were either quiet or saying "Atletico didn't turn up" that sort of rubbish. But anyway, let me just clarify a few things about my opinion on Lampard a second...

Like I said, Arsenal was definitely the tipping point for sure, by then I knew the players stopped playing for him. That's been an issue within our club but the manager has to take responsibility also, so I stopped believing in the Lampard project after that. Because ultimately, I want this club to win titles, not just be a top 4 team. I know that's not going to happen this season anyway, but next season we should be pushing up there with the money we've spent, the time we've and effort we've put into the side. 

We haven't challenged for the title since Conte won it, and with the money spent that's been pretty poor. For me, going on how bad of a nose dive we took, I had little faith in Lampard to be the man to get us challenging for the title. Being first in September and October doesn't really mean anything, otherwise, Arsene Wenger would've matched Alex Fergusons record of Premier League titles. Does any of this sound irrational? If Lampard had some sort of pedigree behind him, I could believe, Tuchel did great things at Dortmund, so I can believe Tuchel can deliver something here. Again Tuchel wasn't my first choice, and getting sacked from PSG is a big low for anyone, I wanted us to go for (ironically Simeone) or Zidane in the summer, snatch one of the big La Liga managers and hire an interim in for the time being. 

But we've got Tuchel now so I'll see how he does, so far so good imo, some disappointing moments but it's early days yet. One thing for sure though, I'm not gloating, there's nothing to gloat about, we haven't advanced through the tie yet. The only thing that annoys me is how little credit people give the manager when beforehand they say it's his first real test yada yada then afterwards they nit pick out every single negative aspect they can find from the game. 

Personally no, I know you haven't said anything of the sort about Tuchel, or put our performances down. But you have to look at it from my perspective here, and the posters I'm arguing with are comitting the very sins you're accusing me of. Not saying I'm innocent, but it would be nice if me and numerous others weren't the constant scapegoat all the time and people could either A: Reflect upon their own behaviour, or B: Call out their mates on their sh*t housery. Because I know for sure, none of this "The other team didn't turn up" would fly if this was about Lampard, and you know it. Neither would the pathetic nicknames people keep dishing out. 

1 minute ago, coco said:

@Slojo You turned on the manager, something i and @yorkleyblue have never done, and will never do, fair enough its your choice, but to call out other fans for turning on TT (even if it is unfair), that is truly double standards from yourself.

How is it though? Lampard was here for a year 1/2, Tuchel has only just came here. It's not really a double standard, I'm willing to give Tuchel time first and see how he gets on next season. 

At the moment I don't think he wants to play with the back 3, but he thinks it's necessary for the time being, so I don't think we've really seen the style that Tuchel wants to implement just yet. 

I don't think wanting the manager gone is a grave sin, but to not give him a chance and start slagging him off when he's only 1 month into the job is ridiculous. Unless it's Rafa Benitez but we had valid reasons to do that, he was a horrible c**t to our club and fanbase. Tuchel has said or done nothing like that, he's just happened to accepted the job after a club legend got the sack, not really his fault. 

33 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I can bet you my life if we had lost that game those same posters would've been on here gloating about it, instead they were either quiet or saying "Atletico didn't turn up" that sort of rubbish. 

Who has ever done this?

Just now, Slojo said:

Spiller just did it, twice, in the match day thread, and in here just now. 

He was gloating we didnt win? I think everyone was surprised by how poor Madrid were, none of us expected them to sit back and do almost nothing in the game. Find me anyone, fan, pundit, "Expert" who thought the game would be that easy for us.

Just now, dkw said:

He was gloating we didnt win? I think everyone was surprised by how poor Madrid were, none of us expected them to sit back and do almost nothing in the game. Find me anyone, fan, pundit, "Expert" who thought the game would be that easy for us.

I don't think any of us expected that performance and result. But you have to give more credit to the team and the way we setup. 

It's unfair to simply just chime it down to Atletico didn't turn up. What I'm saying is, Brutos would get slagged off by everyone on here for saying stuff like that about Lampard early in the season, after we beat Palace "It's because Palace were sh*t and didn't press us", but when the likes of Just and Spiller do it, it's perfectly fine. For me that's a massive double standard. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

I don't think any of us expected that performance and result. But you have to give more credit to the team and the way we setup. 

It's unfair to simply just chime it down to Atletico didn't turn up. What I'm saying is, Brutos would get slagged off by everyone on here for saying stuff like that about Lampard early in the season, after we beat Palace "It's because Palace were sh*t and didn't press us", but when the likes of Just and Spiller do it, it's perfectly fine. For me that's a massive double standard. 

But thats completely different to saying some would have been gloating we lost, there is absolutely no evidence that is even remotely true. Also this "slagging of Tuchel" thing, who has done that? Who has slagged him off directly? I have said I`m not happy with the way we are playing, its tedious and insipid and incredibly risk free, just horrible to watch. I have also said I fully understand why Tuchel decided to sort out the defence (though I didnt think it was that bad anyway) and play such a defensive style. He needs to win games and get the teams confidence up. As far as I can see thats all anyone has written on this forum, no has specifically slagged him off at all. All we get is you and a few others projecting this odd opinion that some on here are wanting him to fail, dont like him etc just because we dont suck at the teat of our Teutonic Messiah and see him as the bestest thing ever. 

1 minute ago, dkw said:

But thats completely different to saying some would have been gloating we lost, there is absolutely no evidence that is even remotely true. Also this "slagging of Tuchel" thing, who has done that? Who has slagged him off directly? I have said I`m not happy with the way we are playing, its tedious and insipid and incredibly risk free, just horrible to watch. I have also said I fully understand why Tuchel decided to sort out the defence (though I didnt think it was that bad anyway) and play such a defensive style. He needs to win games and get the teams confidence up. As far as I can see thats all anyone has written on this forum, no has specifically slagged him off at all. All we get is you and a few others projecting this odd opinion that some on here are wanting him to fail, dont like him etc just because we dont suck at the teat of our Teutonic Messiah and see him as the bestest thing ever. 

Come on, if people were coming up with nicknames about Lampard, no way would that be tolerated on here. Obviously yeah, Lampard is a legend, but even any other manager without the Lampard situation, we wouldn't tolerate it. How many times have you personally told people off for using daft nicknames for our players (rightly so I might add), whoppers that use "Dross Barkley" "Callum Hudson-Odea" "Bambi Abraham" etc. 

It's just childish. I don't have an issue with what you've personally said about Tuchel or our recent performances, it's all legitimate criticism, we are f**king tedious with the ball. But the whole "Atletico didn't turn up" narrative I just can't stand. After the 1-1 draw with Sheffield people were bringing up Lampard instantly, posting gifs of him laughing, then the "careful what you wish for" etc. Would you not say that's gloating yourself? I think it is. But like I said, with you, I haven't noticed anything harsh or unfair. You said all the same under Lampard, our passing play can be f**king tedious to watch because we don't do enough with it. 

The most I've done here is was say "I've noticed the Tommy Tactic yer da's were strangely quiet yesterday" to a reply on Brutos's post. That was just aimed at the few posters on here who refer to him as Tommy Tactics and do nothing but discredit everything the new gaffer does. I wouldn't include you, Yorkley as any of them. And I was wrong to say "you" to Yorkley, that was me being a nob, but that was because he grouped me in with Brutos and whatnot. I never celebrated the demise of Lampard like Brutos seemed to do, where he would wind people up about it, I've never done that and I never will, that's just disrespectful. 

But I do think people turn a blind eye to a few posters on here where the likes of Gol, Brutos and other non popular ones would get f**king slaughtered for some of the sh*te they say. 

14 minutes ago, Slojo said:

They only do it because the hate towards our vice-captain is larger than the love they have for the club itself, plain and simple. Every time we win it's cause the opposition let us win, basically.

There is a lot of effort, work rate and tactics going on that goes unnoticed, specially when we win the ball back for example but people don't pay attention to details, thus came the discussion about how Lampard would have had the exact same results as Tuchel.

We'll see the reaction after our first loss but this isn't a double standard, some just have specific narratives and agendas.

12 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Come on, if people were coming up with nicknames about Lampard, no way would that be tolerated on here.

It’s strange you mention that. After TT arrived, there was a German lad that kept trying to join that kept coining Frank as a ‘PE Teacher’ He went on under his many guises to post a picture of Frank in a Man City shirt and wishing cancer on people’s families here.

That won’t be tolerated. He isn’t Chelsea and let alone having an account here, he deserves a good kick-in.

Just now, Mod Stark said:

It’s strange you mention that. After TT arrived, there was a German lad that kept trying to join that kept coining Frank as a ‘PE Teacher’ He went on under his many guises to post a picture of Frank in a Man City shirt and wishing cancer on people’s families here.

That won’t be tolerated. He isn’t Chelsea and let alone having an account here, he deserves a good kick-in.

I didn't even know about that tbf, that's disgusting... You must have done a good job getting rid of him because I'm pretty active on here and I didn't see that tosspot. 

We've grabbed a few points, damn there are ugly points. We want fashion style points. We need points but not any kind.

The points must be pleasant, they must be taken in style and necessarily with two central defenders.

We have a good chance to reach quarter-finals in UCL after 9 years. But man that's an ugly way to do it.

Too much possession is boring. We have to leave the ball more to the opponent, let them create something, more adrenaline is good for health. We should take the points with a maximum of 55% possession. 

Goalkeepers must have more work to do in games. The club doesn't just pay them to stay on the field and watch the game. Let the opponents shoot on target for God's sake, so our GK work hard for those high salaries.

We have to score beautiful goals and definitely with the players from the academy. Dont't like rumors about Halland, we have Tammy.

Otherwise, civil war.

1 hour ago, Dragos said:

We've grabbed a few points, damn there are ugly points. We want fashion style points. We need points but not any kind.

The points must be pleasant, they must be taken in style and necessarily with two central defenders.

We have a good chance to reach quarter-finals in UCL after 9 years. But man that's an ugly way to do it.

Too much possession is boring. We have to leave the ball more to the opponent, let them create something, more adrenaline is good for health. We should take the points with a maximum of 55% possession. 

Goalkeepers must have more work to do in games. The club doesn't just pay them to stay on the field and watch the game. Let the opponents shoot on target for God's sake, so our GK work hard for those high salaries.

We have to score beautiful goals and definitely with the players from the academy. Dont't like rumors about Halland, we have Tammy.

Otherwise, civil war.

A laughably bad attempt to take the piss go away mate.

6 hours ago, Slojo said:

Well if you're going to pin my opinion with others, such as Brutos, who I don't always agree with. Then surely I can do the same? And it wasn't just Arsenal, but that was a tipping point for sure. Not sure why you want to keep dragging this up, I've explained my position on it numerous times and I think it's fair. But considering you think Klopp and Lampard comparisons are the same, I can see why you don't get the argument about experience/records. so it's pointless even engaging with you about the whole Lampard saga. I believed in the hype, and then I stopped, I'll at least admit that my verdict on Lampard was fickle yes, but to go out and say that my opinions change on everything because they changed on one person is just false. 
Like I said, it's a double standard. 

Christ on a bike. I login to read the latest Chelsea chat after a hard day at work and you're still at it Traffic Light!! What is wrong with you?

On December 5th Traffic Light wrote:

"Probably yes, I'm a fan of Jorginho, but we look much better in this system with Kante protecting. It looks like Lamps has figured out his best team, so far so good".

On December 16th Traffic Light wrote his thoughts in response to a post by Scott:

On 16/12/2020 at 15:43, Scott Harris said:

Our player of the season so far for me.

"James, Kante, Silva, Mendy, Mount are all up there with me so far, Kante is just ahead of James in the pecking order".

But by February 13th it had all changed as Traffic Light wrote his thoughts on Kante in a response to LongtimeLurker (bear in mind Kante had a spell out injured in between)

On 12/02/2021 at 17:41, LongtimerLurker said:

only world class player

"world class by reputation, that's it. He (Kante) hasn't played consistently well since Conte left for me. Poor last season, poor this season although he did have a positive start in the DM role. 

I was never keen on his role under Sarri. So this world class tag people keep bringing up constantly is useless I think

Surely, it has got to hurt Traffic Light? Keep shooting yourself in the foot all the time. Christ, I'd hate to be out on a night out with you. The barman asks what you'd like, and you'd be changing your mind so often we'd never get a drink!!!!

It must make you dizzy the amount of 360's you do. Actually, let it go. Take a break fella. Do a bit of Software Engineering, (that's what you do isn't it?), rather than spending all your time on here switching backwards and forwards like a fuc*king dog chasing a ball.

Edited by just

12 minutes ago, just said:

It must make you dizzy the amount of 360's you do. Actually, let it go. Take a break fella. Do a bit of Software Engineering, (that's what you do isn't it?), rather than spending all your time on here on switching backwards and forwards like a fuc*king dog chasing a ball.

I see what you did there. A "360" is like a double 180, e.g. changing one's mind so often one eventually ends up with the original point. Neat... 🧐

To bring the thread back on topic, I can't imagine my life without Tuchel now. I measure everyone, including myself, to his skinny frame. At the start of the year I felt like 3 TTs, now that I have exercising again I feel better, surely I must be back to 2.2 TTs. My neighbour however has grown to at least 4 TTs, he must gain 1 TT every fortnight.