Official Thomas Tuchel

6 minutes ago, Valerie said:

To bring the thread back on topic, I can't imagine my life without Tuchel now. I measure everyone, including myself, to his skinny frame. At the start of the year I felt like 3 TTs, now that I have exercising again I feel better, surely I must be back to 2.2 TTs. My neighbour however has grown to at least 4 TTs, he must gain 1 TT every fortnight.

He’s a vegan I do believe so he’ll die of malnutrition soon. Don’t get too attached. 

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

You are the only person other than Michael Owen I’ve seen use the term ‘Bob on’. I hope you’re appropriately ashamed of yourself. 

My boss uses it all the time. And I have never had the heart to tell him my name isn't Bob.

Seems I got a few of you triggered with hurt feelings let it go!!

It’s like am living in your head rent free let it go !!!

It’s a football forum don’t take it personal... log off go chill out, relax let it go!!!

But if you can’t do that like a said before f**k Your Feeling!!!! 

Lampard is gone get over it just like I kept hearing Sarri is gone.l

This is Chelsea FC not “insert manager” FC 

Sad Cartoon GIF

Edited by Brutos
8 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Seems I got a few of you triggered with hurt feelings let it go!!

It’s like am living in your head rent free let it go !!!

It’s a football forum don’t take it personal... log off go chill out, relax let it go!!!

But if you can’t do that like a said before f**k Your Feeling!!!! 

Lampard is gone get over it just like I kept hearing Sarri is gone.l

This is Chelsea FC not “insert manager” FC 

Sad Cartoon GIF

Can't speak for anyone else, but you don't bother me Brutos. Rarely agree with a word you type but that's alright. You probably don't agree with any views I have. No problems. The difference is we are both, I think, pretty consistent with those views. We don't change direction every time the wind blows.

28 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

He’s a vegan I do believe so he’ll die of malnutrition soon. Don’t get too attached. 

Dead means he'll be even thinner :shok: That would mean a complete recalibration of my TT measurement system! Someone shove a feeding tube up his nose!

12 minutes ago, just said:

Can't speak for anyone else, but you don't bother me Brutos. Rarely agree with a word you type but that's alright. You probably don't agree with any views I have. No problems. The difference is we are both, I think, pretty consistent with those views. We don't change direction every time the wind blows.

People just need to chill and don’t take things too seriously we all here because of one thing over Love for CFC.

1 minute ago, Valerie said:

Dead means he'll be even thinner :shok: That would mean a complete recalibration of my TT measurement system! Someone shove a feeding tube up his nose!

You’d just have to move on to the next manager. If Rafa came back you’d be in the negatives!

3 hours ago, bluehaze said:

A laughably bad attempt to take the piss go away mate.

I'm sorry mate, it was a pamflet, I didn't mean to upset anyone. It's just that the spirits are too tense around here. I didn't know that the sense of humor had reached the edge also.

1 hour ago, Dragos said:

I'm sorry mate, it was a pamflet, I didn't mean to upset anyone. It's just that the spirits are too tense around here. I didn't know that the sense of humor had reached the edge also.

No idea what a pamflet is. The members on here have excellent bullsh it detectors  and I don't generally post here so they'll know soon enough. I've never heard anyone ever use the term fashion style points and points must be pleasant  the hairs on my wooden leg tell me your iffy. 

9 hours ago, Slojo said:

Come on, if people were coming up with nicknames about Lampard, no way would that be tolerated on here. Obviously yeah, Lampard is a legend, but even any other manager without the Lampard situation, we wouldn't tolerate it. How many times have you personally told people off for using daft nicknames for our players (rightly so I might add), whoppers that use "Dross Barkley" "Callum Hudson-Odea" "Bambi Abraham" etc. 

What nicknames have people used for TT? I’ve not seen a single person use a derogatory nickname for him since he joined so a bit confused reading this. The whole nickname thing is cringeworthy from grown adults, which this board should be made up of.

49 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

What nicknames have people used for TT? I’ve not seen a single person use a derogatory nickname for him since he joined so a bit confused reading this. The whole nickname thing is cringeworthy from grown adults, which this board should be made up of.

Thomas Too-chill.

I just made that up....he may have no chill at all.....

55 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Myself and others have called him Tommy Tactics. General calls him Tommy Tickle. There's been a few other ones too. Tommy Too Cool I saw somewhere on here. You have to admit EB his name rather lends itself to it!

And for the record I think the bloke has done about as much as could reasonably be expected since since he has taken over. IMO haven't seen any big transformation as some claim there's been. Are we playing attractive attacking football? Nope. Do I agree with all his player selections? Nope. And personally I didn't like what he did to CHO. Too humiliating for a young player I think. But he is winning games, he has shored up the defence, at least so far, and he comes across well in the media clips I have seen. Seems like a reasonable fella and I hope he has every success with us.

Edited by just
On 24/02/2021 at 08:05, Brutos said:

Thought I was the only one who noticed that, They are awfully quiet but I expect them to be lively the first defeat we get with usual “ see i told your blah blah blah”

I thought Thomas Too-Chill (Im making it a thing) wasn't going to change much.  After his first few games I didnt see a reason to change that view.  Given results, formation change, and better performance despite still having a lot of room for improvement......I'm glad I was wrong.

I thought the same too on an even higher level when Mourinho was booted last time.  Thought it was really going to hurt us, and we wouldn't recover for a long time.  Conte smashed that view, and I was as ecstatic as any fan about it.

I know you have described some accurately, but there are people like me who doubted TT and were livid at Frank not because we wanted that to be the case......but because we simply thought that would be the case.

I will be just as happy at TT proving me wrong as I was when Conte did.......because as you've said.......we're here because of a love of CFC...and even if we disagree on what is best for CFC.....that's still what we all want....the best for CFC.

Keep proving my original stance wrong, TT.  It would bring me nothing but joy!

Edited by Barry Bridges
livid at Frank's sacking, not him*
1 hour ago, just said:

Myself and others have called him Tommy Tactics. General calls him Tommy Tickle. There's been a few other ones too. Tommy Too Cool I saw somewhere on here. You have to admit EB his name rather lends itself to it!

And for the record I think the bloke has done about as much as could reasonably be expected since since he has taken over. IMO haven't seen any big transformation as some claim there's been. Are we playing attractive attacking football? Nope. Do I agree with all his player selections? Nope. And personally I didn't like what he did to CHO. Too humiliating for a young player I think. But he is winning games, he has shored up the defence, at least so far, and he comes across well in the media clips I have seen. Seems like a reasonable fella and I hope he has every success with us.

Doesn't that kind off prove what he's saying? If someone sarcastically called Frank "tactics Frank" to pluck a random example he'd have faced a firing squad. 

I think Slojo has gone well too far with suggesting people are waiting for us to lose but i do feel Tuchel is unfairly being held to different standards compared to what i saw with not only Lampard but the other manager's aswell. For example we've had runs of controlled/boring games under the vast majority of manager of the Roman era yet i've never seen it become such a "thing" as it currently is, especially while the results have been good (even Sarri's unpopular cautious possession approach was overlooked until the results started eluding us).

The fairest direct comparison would be Hiddink 1.0 who took over in similar circumstances to TT (mid season after our previous manager nosedived after a promising start) and he approached the rest of the season in a similar way, ala a controlled/cautious approach (the majority of our games under Guus 1.0 were draws or narrow wins) yet Guus was idolized (almost as much as Jose) while TT is having similar tactics used as a black mark against him despite (so far) getting the results.

Tuchel has done very2 well stabilizing the team and getting result.Short term wise brilliant.

But what next ? How do we get significantly better from here ?

It has been 3 years since we were last in title contention, after a very good base to built from last season,I thought this season we will at least feel like we have a chance,nope we are back to struggling to make top 4 mode. 

I think football is missing the fans at the stadiums a whole lot. There is no better expression than to see the fans or be a part of them during games, the forum can't replace that by words only (though it would be great if more were just supporting the club instead of constantly looking for things to complain about).

Everybody loves Lampard for what he has done for the club, that can't be expressed anymore during games but I'm sure that even after our loses if we had fans they would show to him and to our players the passion that could have affected our squad for the positive.

Conte won and went on a self destructive path with the club and the club with him, but many fans still love him and follow how he's doing, I saw that he won against AC Milan but it's just not the same without the fans at the San Siro/Giuseppe Meazza, I remember more than 10 years ago Inter fans hit the AC Milan's keeper Dida with a flare, those years right before Inter took over AC Milan was ruthless against Inter...

It's a conditional type of love, if Tuchel wins us something he will be loved too, otherwise he's just another manager passing through. Tuchel knows this as well, he's fine with a short contract as he knows that he will either succeed and get a new contract or get sacked, that's just how it is.

Many fans of today's biggest clubs feel more entitled and are simply not impressed anymore by almost anything - the one thing that remains is the "us vs them" culture where when a former academy player if good for the first team he will always have the loyalty of the fans, he's a part of us but someone else that is bought should simply perform or whatever...

And you could really feel the joy of Leicester fans when Leicester won the league but that kind of passion is more rare these days just as a total outsider winning the league is also a rarity. Such a celebration that the whole city was drunk and Ranieri was over the moon when Bocelli came to perform for them...

I still remember how as a neutral I enjoyed a game from 10 years ago - Man United played Man City and it ended 4:3 but the thing that made is so good were the fans of both teams and players that were so much into that big game, every goal was celebrated till the max. That season Drogba and Lampard killed it btw.

Maybe the level of football didn't change while teams are playing without any fans but there is no doubt in my mind that something has been missing, my wife even said to me during one of the first games without fans that it's annoying to hear the players yell during games all the time, she felt that it wasn't really a natural setting for a real match.

As if that isn't enough, players and we who are watching on the TV must wait for the ref to have a full 2-3 minute conversation with the VAR weasels after a goal... All in all, less fun.

56 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Tuchel has done very2 well stabilizing the team and getting result.Short term wise brilliant.

But what next ? How do we get significantly better from here ?

It has been 3 years since we were last in title contention, after a very good base to built from last season,I thought this season we will at least feel like we have a chance,nope we are back to struggling to make top 4 mode. 

Until we go through all of these difficult fixtures we won't know exactly how good this current team is. With that being said, I'm actually curious how good we could really become under Thomas Tuchel. 

Take this 3atb for instance, it's highly unlikely we will see a shift to a back 4 regularly until next season...if he even does that. I could be wrong but I'm thinking until we master one system he might not want to teach the team a whole new one.

That then begs the question, what could this system look like once we become more clinical in both creating and finishing off chances? We already have the possession and the solidity in def all that is missing is leathal finishing. 

With Tuchel's track record we have to assume he can get the players to do that. The first step is consistently making clear cut chances so we don't have to rely on 1-0 or 1 goal aggregate leads. Finding the right balance of playmakers and finishers is the current juggling act he has to manage. 

In a 4atb it's easier because you have an extra body further forward. If we manage to get our attack to the levels of earlier this season, we could then look really good as a team in this system. Especially if TT can take the attackers to a level higher than when they played under Frank.

Once that's done, we sign an elite attacker and centre back. A back 4 becomes a more trusted option. That is if we even need it.

35 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Until we go through all of these difficult fixtures we won't know exactly how good this current team is. With that being said, I'm actually curious how good we could really become under Thomas Tuchel. 

Take this 3atb for instance, it's highly unlikely we will see a shift to a back 4 regularly until next season...if he even does that. I could be wrong but I'm thinking until we master one system he might not want to teach the team a whole new one.

That then begs the question, what could this system look like once we become more clinical in both creating and finishing off chances? We already have the possession and the solidity in def all that is missing is leathal finishing. 

With Tuchel's track record we have to assume he can get the players to do that. The first step is consistently making clear cut chances so we don't have to rely on 1-0 or 1 goal aggregate leads. Finding the right balance of playmakers and finishers is the current juggling act he has to manage. 

In a 4atb it's easier because you have an extra body further forward. If we manage to get our attack to the levels of earlier this season, we could then look really good as a team in this system. Especially if TT can take the attackers to a level higher than when they played under Frank.

Once that's done, we sign an elite attacker and centre back. A back 4 becomes a more trusted option. That is if we even need it.

I don't see clear path unlike what I saw with us under Mou 2nd term, pep city or klopp pool. Easy to tell.

Mou

We struggled against packed d and our st was torres. Costa signed, fabregas dpl signed next to matic. All natural fit, title

City

Pep first season,great goinf forward very dominant but fb too old,signed 2 fb,titles

Pool

Brilliant going forward, need a dominant cb vvd signed ,cl winner.

You said attacker n cb. If we signed haaland and dominant cb,are we at pool level ?? So far,we have created very little, not sure haaland is messi type player who can crate and score. Defensively, we don't have much problem this season other than attacker not defending.