Official Thomas Tuchel

14 minutes ago, RMH said:

Yes, we are solid defensively now but we were very solid too before the team crashed in December. So good so far, but how long will it last?

Probably until the end of the season. Most team looks knackered, as long as we don't concede idiot goal we won't concede many. 

Just now, Slojo said:

I hope we try playing more long balls like this against other teams and not just Liverpool. We need to be more direct, pointless having Werner in the side if we're not going to be direct. 

Liverpool played high line with slow cb and half ass press. No other team play like that. 

9 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Got us looking like a real Chelsea team today. Hard working, everybody putting a shift in, nobody sh*tting their pants, wasn't afraid to have go. Now we just need to keep it going, that is all I ask for.

This, if he learns from tonight that we have to move quickly from back to front, and not let teams get organised, he will win me over.

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

I hope we try playing more long balls like this against other teams and not just Liverpool. We need to be more direct, pointless having Werner in the side if we're not going to be direct. 

Our problem is most sides won't give us that opportunity. It is what was most annoying against ManU  on Sunday we were crying out for Werner and he didnt come on soon enough.

Just now, Bob stark said:

Liverpool played high line with slow cb and half ass press. No other team play like that. 

I know that, but we do need to persist with going long more to make better use of our attackers. 

19 minutes ago, RMH said:

Yes, we are solid defensively now but we were very solid too before the team crashed in December. So good so far, but how long will it last?

Don‘t get too philosophical - enjoy the moment!

😉

Edited by weetee
Just now, charierre said:

Our problem is most sides won't give us that opportunity. It is what was most annoying against ManU  on Sunday we were crying out for Werner and he didnt come on soon enough.

Yeah its something that Tuchel did wrong against Utd but got it right tonight.

But as you say we won't ime up against that high a defence many more times thus season, if at all.

4 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I know that, but we do need to persist with going long more to make better use of our attackers. 

Against most team we simply can't do it. There is simply very little space or opportunity. Today's game we had gazillion chances and opportunities. If you persist on hitting long ball to Werner with little space he will lose the ball pretty much everytime. 

Just now, Bob stark said:

Against most team we simply can't do it. There is simply very little space or opportunity. Today's game we had gazillion chances and opportunities. If you persist on hitting long ball to Werner with little space he will lose the ball pretty much everytime. 

We've all pointed out moments though in games where we go for the sideways pass rather than passing forwards. There's always space in games, I can see our next few games teams coming to play and try to win, with that comes space behind that we can exploit. 

With Werner in the side you have to take advantage of that, same with Ziyech who can usually pick out a very good pass. 

It was going to take something special to win me over. So far he has managed 3 wins out of 4 facing Tottenham, A.Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool.

I think I can now say he has won me over. He’s only been here for 5 weeks and he’s done a very very good job!

I’m still saddened about Frank but excited about Tuchel at the same time.

26 minutes ago, RMH said:

IMO you have to go with the moment RMH and try not to think about that. I totally take your point though. We had a 14 game unbeaten run earlier in the season and then it all changed so quickly. And we all know that's football and can happen to any team, any manager. TBH I don't think Tuchel could do much more than he has so far. But if the wheels did fall off like they did in December, Roman will make the same decision to rinse and repeat. If Klopp was our manager and had the results he has had at Liverpool this season he'd be gone. That's our Chelsea.

Today we learned that we can also deal with pressure on our defense. And what a style of getting out of defense ... like with a smile on your face.

Huge victory, but it must be doubled by a victory against Ancelotti's team. At least we have a few quiet days until Monday.

15 minutes ago, Slojo said:

We've all pointed out moments though in games where we go for the sideways pass rather than passing forwards. There's always space in games, I can see our next few games teams coming to play and try to win, with that comes space behind that we can exploit. 

With Werner in the side you have to take advantage of that, same with Ziyech who can usually pick out a very good pass. 

Yes, in general I want us to be more front footed but we looked better today simply because of pool setup. Even today's game we missed opportunity to go forward but it didn't  matter, we had so many of them and they were very2 easy. Not sure I learn anything new about our offense from today's game, we probably will go back to snooze fest football soon. 

Today's game is more  about our defense. With so much protection against attacker that honestly look knackered, I think we should be very good until the end of the season

57 minutes ago, RMH said:

I honestly don’t get negative comments like these. We are wining games and playing we should be hoping for the best and not waiting for the time the team fails.

Just now, Frankie8Lampard said:

I honestly don’t get negative comments like these. We are wining games and playing we should be hoping for the best and not waiting for the time the team fails.

Agree, it's good not to get carried away, as Chelsea fans we all know this better than anyone, we've seen it time and time again. 

But it's silly being overly negative aswell, so far so good, keep it coming. Maintain a balance. Top 4 is still going to be a fight, we've made it easier for ourselves and done the job. 

For me it's Spurs and Liverpool who I perceive as our top 4 threats, Spurs have the easiest set of fixtures atm, Liverpool could bounce back. Leicester and Everton I expect to drop out. 

At the moment the only team I would feel worried by is ManC. Tuchel has got the results, he has the team playing like a champion team and he has the players going for it. We can clearly still improve. I have little doubt that Havertz can do Ziyechs job better at some  point. 

I think the most impressive thing about Tuchel is how we still have so many players dreadfully out of form and yet we are getting results. Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech, Werner are nowhere near their standard and still we beat Liverpool and Atletico away.

Imagine what the team could be like when the attackers are in form. Exciting.

1 minute ago, The Brit said:

Have to say difference in performances and organisation/tactical set up between Tuchel and Lampard is night and day at the moment. It’s more than a new manager bounce now. 

I agree but I would have still kept Frank. There’s no doubt Tuchel is a much better manager and he may well deliver us titles, there was just something really special about Frank being our manager.

But let’s move on, I’m very impressed with Tuchel and I’m convinced he will deliver us a trophy at the very least.

6 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I think the most impressive thing about Tuchel is how we still have so many players dreadfully out of form and yet we are getting results. Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech, Werner are nowhere near their standard and still we beat Liverpool and Atletico away.

Imagine what the team could be like when the attackers are in form. Exciting.

It is more than just out of form. They are playing position that they are not comfortable with.

One moment today, Ziyech had the ball on the right wing and suddenly he looked like Ziyech again. 

Frank was at his best last season, working with less expectation and with freedom to pick his players. As soon as the big bucks were spent, he seemed to lose his mojo under the strain of making them work and keeping them all happy. It’s a hypothetical of course but the way we were playing under him by the end the last 10 games would not have gone as well as they have under Tuchel. He didn’t seem to have any tactical ability to change a game, change the negative momentum. Just did the same things every week hoping something would come off. 
I wanted him to stay too and argued as much for a long time...but by the end he just looked lost. 

24 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I agree but I would have still kept Frank. There’s no doubt Tuchel is a much better manager and he may well deliver us titles, there was just something really special about Frank being our manager.

But let’s move on, I’m very impressed with Tuchel and I’m convinced he will deliver us a trophy at the very least.

Tuchel has a different mentality than Lampard(training+tactics), but i also think Frank lost the dressing-room, just like Conte or Sarri. I know that was a lot of discussions here after Frank got sacked, but im sure that he is happy with how the team is performing at this moment. And his coaching legacy lives on with Mount or James delivering at the highest standard.

Edited by Dragos