Official Thomas Tuchel

1 minute ago, Eight Times said:

To be fair, there are some bang average players in this side, a few real promising players, and a few has beens.  Look at the striking options, Werner (awful), Giroud (brilliant on his day, but getting on a bit now), Tammy.......Well he's a Championship striker at best.  Jorginhio has never done anything for me, Alonso is another one who's seen better days, Azpi is not a captain, I don't care what anyone says.  We need a bit of a rebuild.

So don't play them he's brought jorginho and alonso back in, alienated Abraham, CHO, Gilmour etc. 

3 minutes ago, Eight Times said:

To be fair, there are some bang average players in this side, a few real promising players, and a few has beens.  Look at the striking options, Werner (awful), Giroud (brilliant on his day, but getting on a bit now), Tammy.......Well he's a Championship striker at best.  Jorginhio has never done anything for me, Alonso is another one who's seen better days, Azpi is not a captain, I don't care what anyone says.  We need a bit of a rebuild.  I'd like to see who he brings it, needs to be at least two decent strikers.

Without CL next season it will be difficult to bring on any decent players. 

Well... not his finest hour.

I suppose we learned that our entire structure is decimated when we lose a player. Other teams seem far more adaptable - on the other hand we got spitroasted at home against West Brom.

It's hard to draw any real conclusions about his ability to react to going behind (considering it basically hadn't happened before now and we were down to ten men and a complete mess), but initial signs are that a) he reacts quite slowly and b) his emphasis is on restoring linkup options in the opposition half as opposed to someone legitimately likely to score. Werner, if he maintains his current level of marksmanship, could become a real problem...

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

I've decided, I dont like him and i don't rate him. The difference in how he treats players is disgraceful at times, I never bought into the hype with the results we've had as we continued to play sh*t in attack, going ultra defensive and being totally reliant on Mason Mount to get goals. He's struggled to get results against much lesser teams, and today his luck ran out. We don't make top 4 now, this last 3 or 4 months will have been a complete waste of time.

It hasn't has it when we've reached the quarterfinals of the CL with a decent chance to reach the semifinals for the first time in forever.

Not to mention that we were 10 points behind top 4 when he took over and now we are at worst behind on goal difference when the round is over.

sh*t game, sh*t result. Mostly down to two costly mistakes from our best experienced and best CB.

So let's not pretend Tuchel hasn't done great so far. One sh*t result doesn't change that.

1. Ive said on here before he rotates the team too much, he underestimated West Brom. I would never do that agains't any Big Sam team. Early kick offs always feel flat, First game back off international break losing our momentum, Game you are expected to win easily. Thats not the type of game to rotate too much.

2. I'm hoping Tuchel plays Mount next to Kante/ Kovacic from now on. Leave Jorginho.

3. The referee didn't help us, Bartley hacks down Pulisic which lead to our freekick for the goal. No booking yet it was a much worse tackle than Silvas second booking. Even the one where Werner got kicked in the penalty box was way worse than Silva tackle. Not even sure Silva tackle was even a foul.

4. Im surprised Tuchel brought Christensen on and went to a back 3. Why not leave it to a back 4 and put Chilwell on for Alonso. And then at half time put Mount on for Jorginho. We are struggling for goals so he makes it harder for us to score by taking of Ziyech and Pulisic.

5. Hoping we can bounce back VS Porto.

Edited by jack_super_class

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

It hasn't has it when we've reached the quarterfinals of the CL with a decent chance to reach the semifinals for the first time in forever.

Not to mention that we were 10 points behind top 4 when he took over and now we are at worst behind on goal difference when the round is over.

sh*t game, sh*t result. Mostly down to two costly mistakes from our best experienced and best CB.

So let's not pretend Tuchel hasn't done great so far. One sh*t result doesn't change that.

It's almost like you didn't even read my reasons, well done.

8 minutes ago, JPH said:

Without CL next season it will be difficult to bring on any decent players. 

Really? We signed Kante, Kovacic without it, attracted Conte, convinced Ziyech, Havertz and Werner when top four was far from safe etc.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

It's almost like you didn't even read my reasons, well done.

I read everything you wrote. You couldn't really expect him to get Top 4 to begin with considering how far we were behind multiple teams when he arrived.

And I disagree it's been a waste of time when Tuchel is in with a good chance to lead his team to the CL-final this year, Top 4 or not. First properly bad result in about 13 games is it? Typical overreaction.

Just now, Sindre said:

I read everything you wrote. You couldn't really expect him to get Top 4 to begin with considering how far we were behind multiple teams when he arrived.

And I disagree it's been a waste of time when Tuchel is in with a good chance to lead his team to the CL-final this year, Top 4 or not. First properly bad result in about 13 games is it? Typical overreaction.

Jesus, it's not about the results, it's the fact we are playing just as bad as before he got here. Our attack is worse now if anything, he has basically gone ultra defensive and got lucky with some of the results, and fans are happy to ignore the tedious tripe he keeps serving up. He has basically ostracised 3 of our young British players, treat one of them disgustingly yet allows certain other players amazing amounts of leeway. I don't like that and don't see why he does it.

Just now, dkw said:

Jesus, it's not about the results, it's the fact we are playing just as bad as before he got here. Our attack is worse now if anything, he has basically gone ultra defensive and got lucky with some of the results, and fans are happy to ignore the tedious tripe he keeps serving up. He has basically ostracised 3 of our young British players, treat one of them disgustingly yet allows certain other players amazing amounts of leeway. I don't like that and don't see why he does it.

Who's the three? CHO and Mount have both played plenty.

Abraham got several chances early on before he got injured. Unfortunately he was piss poor when he played and lately he's been out for a few weeks with an injury. So I think you are wide off the mark.

And he's not gone ultra defensive. What Atletico tried to do against us, that is ultra defensive. Just because we've been terrific defensively for 13 out of 14 games doesn't mean we have been ultra defensive. We weren't today either, if anything we were too offensive with ten men and it clearly cost us in the end.

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Who's the three? CHO and Mount have both played plenty.

Abraham got several chances early on before he got injured. Unfortunately he was piss poor when he played and lately he's been out for a few weeks with an injury. So I think you are wide off the mark.

And he's not gone ultra defensive. What Atletico tried to do against us, that is ultra defensive. Just because we've been terrific defensively for 13 out of 14 games doesn't mean we have been ultra defensive. We weren't today either, if anything we were too offensive with ten men and it clearly cost us in the end.

Abraham, CHO and Gilmour. He's binned Abraham, yet was he any worse than Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Jorginho who continue to get picked? We had 7 defensive players against West Brom today, a back 5 against the worst team in the league. That's ultra defensive. 

Are you happy with how we're playing, ignoring the results. Do you think we're playing better under Tuchel overall?

Edited by dkw
5 minutes ago, dkw said:

Abraham, CHO and Gilmour. He's binned Abraham, yet was he any worse than Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Jorginho who continue to get picked? We had 7 defensive players against West Brom today, a back 5 against the worst team in the league. That's ultra defensive. 

Are you happy with how we're playing, ignoring the results. Do you think we're playing better under Tuchel overall?

With Kante injured, Jorgi is a bit of a automatic choice. You can blame Lamp on that 

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Billy Gilmour started three times for Frank Lampard from September - January. So far under Tuchel he's started twice in under half that time. So what is your argument? He's playing him more than Frank Lampard did on average.

CHO have played a lot more under Tuchel then he did under Lampard as well. So unless you want to compare Tuchel to someone else he's played the youngsters more then our former manager.

And yes, I didn't think smashing Atletico home and away, dominating Liverpool at Anfield and Everton at Stamford Bridge before the international break was too bad myself. I think both games against Atletico for example was better then any game we played in Lampard's year and a half at the club.

Let's not forget where we were before Tuchel arrived, getting spanked by every half decent team we faced from the season started until the end of January. As much as we all liked Lampard, that's simply how it was.

On 21/03/2021 at 16:08, RMH said:

Atlético was great, but my god did he get it wrong today... He seems to struggle against the mid-low table teams in the PL, Southampton, Leeds, Sheffield today... it’s like he does not give them the credit to be able to press and be energetic, changes most of the team and hopes for the best during the game. He needs to wake up, this is a different kind of football and the lower teams will press and be very physical when they lack the quality.

On 13/03/2021 at 14:40, RMH said:

I’m just coming here to let the man know that there are two things that are imperative if he wants to win over any Chels, BEAT SPUDS AND BEAT TO THE GROUND DIRTY LEEDS!!! He’s done one, not convincingly but good enough, and he’s put a sh*tshow at dirty Leeds, not good enough today to beat that lot and we are going to be annoyed today. He needs to get these things right, any Chelsea would rather beat this lot than think about Atlético, and he’s gone the other way round.

Well, there is a trend building here that I am not sure I like. We are dog sh*te against crap teams. Now, I don't think it's all on Tuchel, he can only select the players that are available to him, but I think that he is not taking seriously the PL and thinks that he is still in the French league where mid table teams are easily beatable. And he is not learning the lessons from previous games (Sheffield Utd, Leeds, Barnsley...). The team motivation today has been very poor, and you could tell that from the kick off. Now, the team selection I thought was alright, although a bit light weight up front, but surely the team was good enough to easily beat West Brom. Now, I'm not sure why he persists in the 343 against relegation teams at home. Silva was sent off, for me undeservedly, but surely he could see that the problem was Jorginho being directly responsible for their two goals in the first half. When we are one down but we need to win, he still persists with the 3 at the back, and he still leaves Jorginho on the pitch after half time. Why!? And from there on, it was just mission impossible because of his tactics and poor management of the game. Today was another horror show against a team we should have beaten comfortably. 

Maybe he thinks we can win the CL, but my god he's not managing well the PL...

2 minutes ago, strangebutblue said:

That's top 4 done now. How do you let WBA put 5 in against you. 

The amount of times this was said after every bad result last two seasons.

The PL for all its hype is a farmers league outside of City, no one around us is good enough to properly punish us for this luckily so it will come down to how well we react.

I'm not impressed with the football under Tuchel or the performances against teams we shouldn't be struggling against. Struggling once every now and then is understandable, you can't play well every week, but more often than not, we are struggling to test the keeper. Why is it taking so long from the start of the game to register a meaningful attempt on goal? It's not good enough, and it's certainly not good enough for top 4. We never start games on the front foot, we take too long trying to ease into the game. We probably waste two thirds of the game with slow build up play.

I see no reason why we can't play at the same tempo as we did against Atletico Madrid, that should be the minimum we ask from our team, but we rarely do it. We just keep playing this slow, boring, sh*te football. It's tedious, we are boring, and it's not what football should be about. Mourinho's bus and counter attacks were more entertaining than watching the sh*t we keep producing.

Since Tuchel has come in the football has been pretty poor and ive seen no improvement in how we attack. Luckily the results have gone the right way which is the main thing and covers over the performances and setting up very defensively has helped with that. Its not much of a suprise we have dropped points as its been coming for a while since Tuchel joined but never thought i would see us concede 5. 

I would still expect any top team in this league to beat a poor west brom with 10 men. The subs was just wierd, 2-1 down and you keep 5 at the back, im not even sure why Tuchel kept 5 at the back straight after the sending off tbh. Pulisic at half time was bonkers when it was clear Jorginho should have been taken off.

Its not really an over reaction because the attacking performance has been poor for a very long time now. Its just the defence decided to play sh*t for once and we dont score enough.

2 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Billy Gilmour started three times for Frank Lampard from September - January. So far under Tuchel he's started twice in under half that time. So what is your argument? He's playing him more than Frank Lampard did on average.

CHO have played a lot more under Tuchel then he did under Lampard as well. So unless you want to compare Tuchel to someone else he's played the youngsters more then our former manager.

And yes, I didn't think smashing Atletico home and away, dominating Liverpool at Anfield and Everton at Stamford Bridge before the international break was too bad myself. I think both games against Atletico for example was better then any game we played in Lampard's year and a half at the club.

Let's not forget where we were before Tuchel arrived, getting spanked by every half decent team we faced from the season started until the end of January. As much as we all liked Lampard, that's simply how it was.

Gilmour was injured for the most part of this season, and he had to manage him coming back.

7 minutes ago, Sindre said:

I thought Gilmour was injured at the start of the season?