20/21 League Position

Final position ?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Final position ?

• 11-17
    • relegated

10 hours ago, forbzy said:

With the Champions League semifinal approaching, not to mention the fallout of the last few days, I cannot see us making top 4. Our league form has been poor for a while now, bar the Palace game.

I'm afraid you are right. To achieve a place among top 4 we need to win all the remaining games par ManC. Don't see it happen. 

With a Crystal Palace win tomorrow, this could end up being a great weekend for us with the dippers drawing.

It would also be nice if ManU could lose to in-form Leeds tomorrow then draw Liverpool.  Then Citeh can clinch the league with a win over Crystal Palace before we see them.

Still have my sights set on 3rd and a trophy or two.

The Leeds-Manu draw wasn't good enough.  Only way Citeh truely clinch before we play them is if the dippers take all 3 from ManU.  Can't really afford that so it pains me to say I'll be pulling for Manu to beat Liverpool next weekend.  Liverpool could still get hot and win all 5 to finish with 69.  If that happens we need 12 points for 70.  If Hammers win out we need 4 wins and a draw or at least 4 wins and get them on GD at 70. Same with Everton who can still somehow finish on 70.  Can't even count out the Spurs who can finish on 68.  We'd need 3 wins and 2 draws to stay above them.  Or 3 wins and a draw and hope to get them on GD.

So, yes we probably can get in with 3 wins, but if dippers, hammers or everton run the table we'll need 4 wins or a total collapse from Leicester.

But the ultimate would be to win the double and finish between 5th & 8th with Arse beating Manu in the Euro final to bump Spurs or Dippers in 4th 🙂

Biggest week of the season (so far) coming up.  C'mon Chelsea! 

Edited by BluesPower
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Never ever saw the possibility of Newcastle smashing Leicester at Leicester, bodes well for 3rd now?

Depends on us. Tomorrow with 2 days to prep and Taylor the ref makes it very hard however Arsenal and Leicester at home and Villa away present 3 games we would be hopeful at achieving maximum points in. If we do that I think we get 3rd.

6 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I think that win almost secures us top 4. The pressure will be on Leicester now. The other teams can probably smell their blood. 

Yes we are nearly there I think.

I reckon if we beat arsenal then we will have one foot in the door.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Leicester fall short and Liverpool overtake them.

8 minutes ago, Jezq8 said:

Yes we are nearly there I think.

I reckon if we beat arsenal then we will have one foot in the door.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Leicester fall short and Liverpool overtake them.

Yeah Liverpool are now 6 points behind with a game in hand against United. With their run in, I think Liverpool or possibly West Ham could nick it. 

I don't think we will win our last 2 games but I also think there is every chance that our rivals will drop points too. Hopefully that will start with Liverpool today. I reckon we will get 3-4 points from our last 2 and finish on 67-68 points. That could well be enough unless Liverpool win out from here. If they win today it could be nervy.