Chelsea v Burnley (PL) Sun 31st Jan 2021 12:00 GMT

coco

1 minute ago, Bob stark said:

Probably lamp most baffling choice. Picking emerson over Alonso make very little sense 

It is pretty clear actually. Frank wants to play 4 at back with regular fullbacks. In that role Alonso is average at best. 

1 minute ago, Bob stark said:

Probably lamp most baffling choice. Picking emerson over Alonso make very little sense 

Sounds like hindsight to me. Alonso was poor the times he played. His finishing has always been pretty lethal though. Let's not act like Alonso always had world class game. 

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't know what went on between him and Lampard, but I'm glad that he is back in ahead of Emerson.

Probably the storming out the stadium and sitting in the team bus when he was subbed against West Brom instead of supporting his team mates. I believe that’s when he really disappeared & rightly so. Piss poor professionalism.

Before anyone says it, this is one of many reports - just the first one I found:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/football/frank-lampard-marcos-alonso-team-bus-217137

Edited by EdinburghBlue

1 minute ago, just said:

The intensity is definitely more like it was at the beginning of the season.

The first proper test comes against Tottenham on Thursday. Be interesting to see how Tuchel approaches that. It is actually a good time to play them right now as they have had a bit of a drop in form lately. And their talisman striker will be out injured.

Have to start winning the big games, something we've failed to do all season. I won't be happy if we come away with anything but a win. 

Some of us don't like him because of the disrespect, nothing to do with his quality as a LWB. Having said that, he's been absolutely missing all game until he's turned up with that worldie.

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

Probably the storming out the stadium and sitting in the team bus when he was subbed against West Brom instead of supporting his team mates. I believe that’s when he really disappeared & rightly so. Piss poor professionalism.

Sure there is more to it than that. In that situation, you would hope a good telling off would be enough and everybody can move on.