Chelsea v Burnley (PL) Sun 31st Jan 2021 12:00 GMT

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Our best performance in a long time, but I won't read much into it until we start performing against teams in the top 10.

Burnley are no mugs.

Beaten Liverpool and Arsenal away, and Aston Villa during the week.

7 minutes ago, enigma said:

Sounds like hindsight to me. Alonso was poor the times he played. His finishing has always been pretty lethal though. Let's not act like Alonso always had world class game. 

Not for me, I always like alonso. Clear weakness, very2 slow. But offer height and goals. Chilwell is much better lb than alonso but Emerson is awful but for some reason Lamp prefer him. 

Good result and decent performance against a pretty tame Burnley side. 

Spurs are going to be a much bigger test than Wolves and Burnley and they won't allow the wing backs to play on the front foot for 90 minutes. 

Mount and CHO our best players today. 

Just now, dkw said:

Yeah, that's the rule now isn't it, got to beat a team in the top 8 for it to count.

For us it is this season, we made mince meat out of these teams earlier in the season but as soon as we started to play teams in the top 10 it all went downhill. 

Even the Spurs game when we smashed them, we still didn't win it, lacked that cutting edge. 

Pleasing performance, with some quality goals from our defenders.

Loved the intent to attack and move the ball quickly. Mount and CHO were outstanding.

Could have won by a bigger margin, but good to see Tuchel get off the mark with a win.

Bring on the Spuds!

Much much better performance, Tuchel seeing who can play his style and methods, could be some interesting choices between CHO and James, or both, really cannot see Tuchel moving J and K out of midfield, just slight tinkering to be sorted on training pitch.

.......Onto Totteringham now

Edited by Ballack & Blu

Really solid performance from against an in form burnley side. Probably should been 3 or 4, but we controlled the game for 90 minutes, and caused them problems aswell. 

Hudson Odoi is going to be a key player, and so will Mount, both look so assured and have been our better players for the last 6 weeks. 

Along with those 2, i actually though Kovacic and jorginho had very good games, and Thiago Silva is just a world class legend of a player, and he looks like he has at least nother 18 months in him aswell.

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Our best performance in a long time, but I won't read much into it until we start performing against teams in the top 10.

While I do agree that we have to remain firmly with our feet on the ground we can't forget Burnley became the first team to win at Anfield in four years a couple of weeks ago and have a habit of coming to Stamford Bridge and ruining our lives.

We dealt with an awkward game very well in my opinion.

Good performance, being picky we should win by a lot more

Mason and Callum lead the way, good understanding

Exceptional awareness from Callum for the 1st goal

Brilliant finish by Alonso

Dominant second half 

Werner can't buy a goal, at least he isn't hiding and getting into some good positions

Now to beat Spuds, a requirement for a successful on any Chelsea coach

Decent performance, much better than midweek.

Fantastic finish from alonso but he's still too much of a defensive liability against better teams. Chilwell hasn't been great the last few weeks but I'd still feel more confident with him in the side. 

Hudson Odoi had another good game.

Great game, but Burnley did not park the bus like previous seasons and Wolves. I think that helped opening them up. The amount of times we got CHO behind their defenders was just unbelievable. We could not do that against Wolves. With a better finish, the scoreline would have been much, much higher.

13 minutes ago, evissy said:

It is pretty clear actually. Frank wants to play 4 at back with regular fullbacks. In that role Alonso is average at best. 

Chilwell is much better lb than Alonso that is obvious but Emerson is awful but for some reason lamp prefer him. 

Edited by Bob stark

I enjoyed that a lot. Mount and CHO were excellent and I assume they were taken off because Tuchel had seen enough and wanted to keep them fresh, and also take a look at a couple of other players.

Totally dominated the game and felt comfortable throughout. Only concern is that our goals both came from fullbacks.