Chelsea v Burnley (PL) Sun 31st Jan 2021 12:00 GMT

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

2 games in a row without a single shot on target against us. ✔️

We have now 7 clean sheets with Jorginho in the starting lineup in the league. ✔️

We haven't lost a game with Jorginho in the starting lineup since the second game of the season vs Liverpool. ✔️

You proably missed the games where we had Kante and Kovacic playing together, we were horrible. That was the lowest point of this season in many ways, Tuchel would be a smart man if he avoided that trap.

We played Burnley and wolves with back 3, not exactly two great offensive team

The test will come once we play team who can really hurt us through the middle. 

Just now, Bob stark said:

We played Burnley and wolves with back 3, not exactly two great offensive team

The test will come once we play team who can really hurt us through the middle. 

Regardless of who we play against, there has been plenty of evidence during the previous season and this season as well that strongly suggest that when we play Kante-Kovacic we suffer.

CHO was our best player again. Mount had a quality game too. Dominant performance. Annoyed the scoreline was only 2-0 though, as we have seen goal difference can make a huge difference. Last season United finished above us based on this. Burnley only had 1 headed shot and that was their only shot this whole game. We need to be more ruthless. Unlike the Wolves game, at least Tuchel didnt wait till the 70th minute to make a change. In hindsight if he made those changes at H/T against Wolves, we win that game which is frustrating as it was clear against Wolves we were struggling to penetrate them. At lease he has got his first win now anyway. Big game next against a Spurs-less Kane.

My thoughts on the game.

Rudiger. I think Rudiger plays as a starter not because he has superior defensive qualities compared to Zouma(think they are on par), but because of the long passes. He played well in both matches.

Azpi. Good in the system with 3 central defenders. His ability helps CHO and his right flank. He destabilizes the right side when he push up.

Silva. There's not much to talk about. Best summer transfer.

Alonso. It can be seen that he plays after a long time. Quality goal, did not impress me in the rest of his game. But I can say the same about Chilwell in the previous game.

Kovacic. I was pleasantly impressed by him in both matches.

Jorginho. Clearly we shouldn't expect him to play like he did under Sarri. It does not have the same tactical attributes. Good in both games, but i will drop him when Kante will be fit.

CHO. It's like we're seeing another player. Although he has to put more effort, he has the advantage of spaces created by this tactic. He seems a much more confident player.

Mount. Mount had good game, above the team average. I expected him to be a competitor on the same position with Havertz, because it suits him better than playing as no8. Better than what I saw from Havertz in the first match.

Werner. Clearly lack of confidence in his case. 
I think he will compete with Abraham and Giroud for the top spot.

Abraham. Poor game on his part, but the same can be said about Giroud in the last match. It seems that both are not adapted to the new style of play.

On defensive. Looks much more solid, even when our midfilders loose ball. Pressing is good, it does not take us out of positions that remain uncovered. Didn't have too many emotions in this 2 games. Palyers look like they have more tactical awareness.

On offensive. We verticalize more and we create some spaces. The players look and try to pass forward than a safe pass back to the central defenders. I will expect more in the near future. We don't know yet who is the best striker for Tuchel's tactics is. None of them impressed
so far.

Simple solution, Tuchel to sit down with 13 yrs of Messi set up passes, and get everyone to see runs that Werner makes, Sheva at Milan, Eto at Barca, Aubameyang at Dortmund, but the accompanying players need to trust his first touch or Run, the more familiar you are the easier it will be, we are in a fortunate position, to view play from above, like playing Fifa, on the same eye-level , different prospect..

5 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Regardless of who we play against, there has been plenty of evidence during the previous season and this season as well that strongly suggest that when we play Kante-Kovacic we suffer.

With back 3 it should be fine. We shall see i guess. 

Just now, Bob stark said:

With back 3 it should be fine. We shall see i guess. 

Well if you really want to change things for no other reason than just for changing what works... Then we'll see :laugh2:

9 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Simple solution, Tuchel to sit down with 13 yrs of Messi set up passes, and get everyone to see runs that Werner makes, Sheva at Milan, Eto at Barca, Aubameyang at Dortmund, but the accompanying players need to trust his first touch or Run, the more familiar you are the easier it will be, we are in a fortunate position, to view play from above, like playing Fifa, on the same eye-level , different prospect..

Yes, the transition from a conservative to a more vertical pass game is not that easy. I saw some runs that were not exploited with passes, the players not being sure where or when to pass the ball. They are able to do that, but they need to adapt their way of thinking and risk more in some cases.

56 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Kante is a must against Spurs, its going to be a battle of the midfields and you need someone like Kante against Ndombele and Hojberg, Jorginho and Kova will get out muscled. 

I guess it depends what Spurs approach to the game will be. If mourinho is just sitting back like the first time we faced them I wouldn’t be too concerned about being out muscled in the mid.

6 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

I guess it depends what Spurs approach to the game will be. If mourinho is just sitting back like the first time we faced them I wouldn’t be too concerned about being out muscled in the mid.

Spurs LB/LWB is much better than Doherty/Aurier (who apparently had a falling out with Mourinho), so I reckon we'll swap Hudson-Odoi over the LWB and bring in Reece. I think we should stick with Jorginho, Kovacic, Mount -- this combination plus Reece should be enough. I'd like to see Havertz start too. 

Edited by Hessleboink
9 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

It doesn't matter what Mourinho does, as Tuchel had proven that he's more than capable of making tactical changes mid game and not afraid to do it in the 45th minute. That will be something the fans will need to get used to with Tuchel.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

We have now 6 clean sheets with Jorginho in the starting lineup in the league. ✔️

We haven't lost a game with Jorginho in the starting lineup since the second game of the season vs Liverpool. ✔️

You proably missed the games where we had Kante and Kovacic playing together, we were horrible. That was the lowest point of this season in many ways, Tuchel would be a smart man if he avoided that trap.

You're slacking Gol15 ... even I know that we have 9 clean sheets in the last 12 games that Jorginho has started LOL 🙂

I think Chilwell will be a Back 4 starter, Alonso if we play 3, Jorgi and Kova, because Jorgis simple economy passes gave Kova so much space to use his attacking prowess, Mount is a straight starter, Werner ironed on for the central berth, as his pace and runs are destroying, even if he aint firing on all 4, maybe 1.5, he'll like Pulisic on the left, CHO or James on the right, CHO at the moment devastatingly offensive, James is just so Silky smooth and a better crosser of the ball, Silva and Rudiger look so good as a central pair, or the 2 of a back 3 with a rejuvenated Azpi locking down the right defensive area

PS Still 54 points up for grabs, Top 4 is easily doable, Let the Rampant lion roar again!

Edited by Ballack & Blu

I have to say that I am impressed with Tuchels knowledge of over playing players. He said Ziyech was rested because he was in the red zone and was a risk for injuries due to fatigue.

Hopefully he implements the same sentiment to Kante so we can preserve him. I know he his standards have dropped but we have to accept responsibility and  acknowledge that we have run him to the ground and played him whenever he was able to walk (hyperbole) 

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

We have now 6 clean sheets with Jorginho in the starting lineup in the league. ✔️

Gol not sure I agree about Kante/Kovacic. The reason for those poor performances may not have been that pairing itself but something else. I guess we’ll find out soon enough as we’re bound to see Kante/Kovacic line up together before long.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

It was against Wolves and Burnley who were too scared to venture forward. 

Tougher tests to come still. 

2 hours ago, Brutos said:

Werner has made so many runs and completely ignored 

I wondered if his team mates don’t trust him to control the pass and then do something meaningful with it ???